Are gold licenses part of 100% completing the game?

If I remember correctly, you only have to pass the license tests in order to complete the game. Gold is not necessary.

Unless you want all the cars. Like the last S License gives you a Viper Concept if you get all golds. I have my main save game with all the cars and all golds. I also have extras that i traded with myself from another game save in another memory card with all golds in the game save. So i have 2 Viper Concepts.

Unless someone traded with you and you have all the cars then yeah you could forget about the licenses. They are a pain in the hole. lol

Espcially the Laguna Seca with the Oreca Viper. Tip for you. Get yourself a cheap gaming wheel if you don't have one and practice and you will get them golded faster. Doing them with the dual shock will be a nightmare. (i did it) ...

I may be wrong but from what I remember the prize cars from getting all golds can be founds elsewhere in other races in the game, some some of the pressure to gold is taken away.

I got all golds on all from B-S with a wheel. And managed to get golds on Rally 1-3 but 4 was like impossible and I stopped GT3.

From what I understand, you just need to pass the licenses (not gold them) to get 100 percent. I 100 percented GT3 once and I only got all gold on the first two licenses. All gold is not part of 100 percent completion. It's just a self imposed challenge, really.

Back