• Yes.

Votes: 39 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magneto

Help me, I'm lost!
Premium
Magneten
Now don't get your shotguns out at me just yet.
Though I may not have a GTP tag, I consider myself just as much a part of this community of (mostly) likeminded individuals.
But I use a Norwegian forum (which shall remain anonymous) aswell, and everytime I mention the GTP "honor code" or try to relate to them that we have a lot of pro physics user, I get shot down by rather harsh critisism.
The one I hear the most is something like; "you're just stuck up nerds over there, that drive around with fancy GTP tags and think your better than everyone else".
Now as I said I don't have a tag, but that's not the point. I am massively offended by these statements, and don't consider myself that kind of person. And this comes from people over there that read this forum, but don't partisipate. Most of them hate punters as much as us, but they seem to dislike "us".
Do any of you have any similar stories?
The only thing I've seen here is hate towards punters and other careless people. but that's understandable, since you should try to behave even if you have little or no experience.

Just remembered another insult. "You must use all your time tuning the cars, and don't have a life!"
Unbelieveable....

Last edited:
Well you can reply to them that if we use pro physics, it's because we're skilled and like drifting. I don't have one - but the GTP tags are a symbol of beloning to a group and posh stuck up nerds don't wear biker clan tatoos now do they?.
Tell 'em from us that if they want to say those types of things, they should man up and learn to drive pro style, and then we'll take it to the streets.

I can feel a trans linguel tournament coming on!

Last edited:
First, there is a good 20-30 teams running with tags from different forums, sites and self-made teams. It seems the people on this Norwegian forum are too lazy and couldn't be bothered to learn to drive with the more realistic physics like half of the human race can, and as such resort to name calling when they realise they can't beat us.

Haha... To be honest, I fear most of the ones with the biggest mouthes over there are to scared to race anybody with a tag. Since there are threads there about them being humiliated. And some even say that GTP tags represent the elite in GT5P.
Just wondering if anybody else has heard something about GTP elsewere.

First, there is a good 20-30 people running with tags from different forums, sites and self-made teams. It seems the people on this Norwegian forum are too lazy and couldn't be bothered to learn to drive with the more realistic physics like half of the human race can, and as such resort to name calling when they realise they can't beat us.

Stuck up nerds confirmed. :dopey:

Just wanted to point out again that I don't share the views that I were met with on the other forum! :)

Last edited:
If it's the thought of most of these other forums that a PSN starting with "GTP_" symbolises scary freaks of drivers, I am so getting one!! hahah

If it's the thought of most of these other forums that a PSN starting with "GTP_" symbolises scary freaks of drivers, I am so getting one!! hahah

That seems to be their point doesn't it?:sly:
Though they don't really say it in the nicest way.

Sorry to go off topic here, but does anyone know how I can change my online ID? Don't care for mine anymore...

I have to admit when I first started playing GT5:P I did think GTP'ers where a bunch of stuck up nerds.

What did it was mainly the GTP online events, like this one. Putting half a dozen 450PP Cervos at the front of a 650 or 750PP race caused havoc for everyone else trying to run the proper event the way it was meant to be run. This also put big gaps in a field of reduced size, making passing a rare event, furthermore with all the good clean GTP racers not participating the punter concentration was higher than usual.

I thought to myself "look at all these GTP guys ruining this event for everyone else so they can run a stupid Cervo race on a public server, what a bunch of...", "what? do they think they're too good to race with the general GT community".

I know, that's not the way it is, but that is the way it looks.

I suppose a bit, I love car racing in real life. So this is pretty close. I just aim to be one of the fastest on the site.

If the community wants to run an event using a particular car, how else is it supposed to do so if it can't use a public server?

I think there are many people who paint Gran Turismo Planet in a negative light, but considering it is the biggest Gran Turismo forum in the world, I think those people are suffering from tall poppy syndrome.

You can't please everyone.

;)

If the community wants to run an event using a particular car, how else is it supposed to do so if it can't use a public server?
;)

I realise that, and that no one really wants to wreck anyone else's fun, but just be advised: it pisses people off.

IMO play the game you have, not the game you wish you had.

No we are not. Seriously - what a stuck up nerd would do when a newbee asks a question is "oh, he doesn't know something we do..pfffft". When I came on for the first time, as long as I spoke in the appropriate manner, everyone welcomed me and answered anything I needed to know - and they still do. 99% of users on this site are down to earth people who share a passion for the game, not boast about what they can do that nobody else can. The amount of times I see people being welcomed onto this site, or first timers on the game is through the roof. People may say they're stuck up nerds, but thats probably just modesty and from what I see, if they are actually stuck up offline, when they come on the site it all washes off.
As for the nerd part - you have to have at least a bit of nerd in you to join a site like this - count me in.

Yep, I'm most definitely a nerd. I like the graphs and numbers in the tuning screen. I wish they would replace the racing part of GT5P with more graphs, numbers and stats. :lol: (okay, maybe not that last part :P)

Considering the fact that a lot of us spend multiple hours per day on this game (and a lot of us on multiple games too): yes, we are all nerds.

Stuck up? Nah, I think 99,99% of the population over here is very relaxed.

About running events in a public server: that's the only thing we have right now. Don't worry, when we get normal online stuff like all other games have, there will be no GTP events in public servers (I think). When that happens the public servers will be a place to avoid methinks.

I don't think its stuck up here, am glad its an area of the internet mainly free from flame wars.

In regard to the GTP tag I have one but rarely use it, this is simply down to me usually forgetting to go to it, then doing all my tuning etc in my original account and then not being bothered to go and do it for the other one!

Saying that i am always happy to see a GTP tag, or GTRP or any tag really, in a race.

Though I may not have a GTP tag, I consider myself just as much a part of this community of (mostly) likeminded individuals.
But I use a Norwegian forum (which shall remain anonymous) aswell, and everytime I mention the GTP "honor code" or try to relate to them that we have a lot of pro physics user, I get shot down by rather harsh critisism.
The one I hear the most is something like; "you're just stuck up nerds over there, that drive around with fancy GTP tags and think your better than everyone else".
Now as I said I don't have a tag, but that's not the point. I am massively offended by these statements, and don't consider myself that kind of person. And this comes from people over there that read this forum, but don't partisipate. Most of them hate punters as much as us, but they seem to dislike "us".
The only thing I've seen here is hate towards punters and other careless people. but that's understandable, since you should try to behave even if you have little or no experience.

Just remembered another insult. "You must use all your time tuning the cars, and don't have a life!"
Unbelieveable....

These insults are nothing. Go to the official Playstation site and mention GTP on their GT forums. They apparently are the refuge for our banned members to talk smack.

Reventón;3293763
These insults are nothing. Go to the official Playstation site and mention GTP on their GT forums. They apparently are the refuge for our banned members to talk smack.
Really? I never knew that.

Did GTP_lanet use the title abbreiviation they thought of GTp unters. :sly:HAHAHAHA

Also I'd like to know how you can tell who's stuck up or a nerd by the way you drive????:crazy:

Did GTP_lanet use the title abbreiviation they thought of GTp unters. :sly:HAHAHAHA

Also I'd like to know how you can tell who's stuck up or a nerd by the way you drive????:crazy:
They wont let you pass...they will demand things from you.

Unbelieveable....

I don't think i'm better than everyone else, and I don't think i'm stuck up. I got a GTP tag so I could enjoy some good competitions with other GTPer's. I also got a tag so other GTPer's would know that i'm a clean driver. I certainly didn't get a GTP_tag so i'd look like 'I was better than everyone else'. As I said a before, maybe a little bit nerdy. But I do have a life outside of Gran Turismo.

Back