• No not at all!

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • Perhaps a little.

Votes: 77 43.5%
  • Yes.

Votes: 39 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What makes a nerd varies depending on who you ask. For some people, just playing a computer game makes you a nerd. Then again, Stephen Hawkin may think we're not nerds at all!

Who cares anyway if you're having fun!

Who cares anyway if you're having fun![/QUOTE]

bingo! this thread should end there.

edit: quote thing hasn't worked, why?

What makes a nerd varies depending on who you ask. For some people, just playing a computer game makes you a nerd. Then again, Stephen Hawkin may think we're not nerds at all!

Who cares anyway if you're having fun!

Nerd used to mean someone who sat in front of their computer all day. Now it's used more as a term like somebody who's obsessed with something to the point of getting anal about it (at least in America).

So i'm a car-nerd because i'm very obsessed with cars. I'm actually more of a stoner-type than a nerd, tho.

I think it is a mixed bag. I just joined the site and have already ran into some snotty little geeks but those are mostly the hall monitors that want to brown nose the hardcore players. On the other hand I've encountered many helpful and friendly people that make wading through the teacher's pets worth it.

some GTP'ers are still stuck up nerds.. otherwise there wouldn't be so much fuss about non-GTP'ers not following OUR OLR-rules. We simply can't expect that a guy from backlands of Uruguay knows how to race online.. we can't even know if they're 5 or 59 years old..

I don't have the pocket protector or the black glasses with white tape on the frames, but I'm 100% nerd, geek, square, dweebie or what ever the new hip name for me is now.
I love this game. Pure and simple. I have played everyday since the release.
The game brought me to this forum and to the fine folks here. I just didn't do the "forums" before this game. Now I can't get enough. Yup, told ya I was a nerd.

I don't have a tag and I don't plan on getting one. My friends list is nearly full of people who love this game. Tag or tagless. I have had help and encouragement from them all and this has made my experience that much greater.

Lets give everyone the benefit of the doubt at first and offer encouragement and support to those drivers YOU guys know are trying to race fair and clean.
Give those not interested in clean racing an ear full though the XMB.:lol:

[spooky whisper] FORRRRZA!!! Join.....us....[/spooky Whisper]

Many of the car models look wrong.

The game is buggy. I'm tired of scrolling through my garage - which is already at it's car limit - and the 360/game crashing. I'm sick of my liveries shifting around after each race - forget ever racing carbon fiber, and locked liveries look increasingly crappy.

Rammers and foul mouthed trash talkers.

My FFB Wheel broke after seven weeks of fairly gentle use.

Lousy camera angles.

My bro has my Elite rig.

Anyway, if anyone are stuck up snobs, it's the PC sim racers.

True, though its fun to see what people actually put on their cars if they had the money. Though since I only have a 360, I am playing Forza 2.. but my opinion that the 360 is a great use for is FPSers and certain other titles that I cannot describe now.

I just found this great clip from Finnish gamesites, and after watching it till end, I dont think I'm 'stuck up nerd' anymore. Maybe littlebit too committed, but not so freak like this dude with his addiction... :crazy: (I really recommend to watch it till end)

http://wimp.com/niceskill

I just found this great clip from Finnish gamesites, and after watching it till end, I dont think I'm 'stuck up nerd' anymore. Maybe littlebit too committed, but not so freak like this dude with his addiction... :crazy: (I really recommend to watch it till end)

http://wimp.com/niceskill
I think some of us are like that. Would you compare that video
To like MVC2 Players?

Yep, I'm most definitely a nerd. I like the graphs and numbers in the tuning screen. I wish they would replace the racing part of GT5P with more graphs, numbers and stats. :lol: (okay, maybe not that last part :P)

Considering the fact that a lot of us spend multiple hours per day on this game (and a lot of us on multiple games too): yes, we are all nerds.

Stuck up? Nah, I think 99,99% of the population over here is very relaxed.

About running events in a public server: that's the only thing we have right now. Don't worry, when we get normal online stuff like all other games have, there will be no GTP events in public servers (I think). When that happens the public servers will be a place to avoid methinks.

And where would we be with out all these great tunning shops i was going to say at the back of the pack but i am anyway,but i does make my time on here more enjoyable cause i dont have to spend all my time <of what little time i get on the ps3> tunning i can go racing so thanks to you guys,and i bet the ones saying nerds and all that use them aswell,so be more thankful

I don't think its stuck up here, am glad its an area of the internet mainly free from flame wars. In regard to the GTP tag I have one but rarely use it, this is simply down to me usually forgetting to go to it, then doing all my tuning etc in my original account and then not being bothered to go and do it for the other one!
This is why I keep an SD card in my PS3. It's easy to copy a running gamesave to multiple accts.

Oh yeah. Me and most of you are nerds. And we should be proud of it! We dedicate our free time to play video games. So? If being a peaceful video game player means being a nerd, then call me a nerd.

Back