Votes: 63 9.9%
  • Wait for a sale

Votes: 50 7.9%
  • Not interested

Votes: 21 3.3%
  • Wait until I have a PS5

Votes: 5 0.8%

• Total voters
Yup Pre-Ordered it on the PS Store . At least this time I don't need to buy a Playstation Console like I did for the previous versions .

Usually it was " Oh look a new version of GT , damm it's for another console " so yup when required I bought a new PS Console and have had every version of GT on release day bar GTS .

Anyone found a good deal in the UK for PS5 deluxe? Not sure if to buy digital or physical copy. I take it the steelbook pre orders sold out as can't find it anywhere.
Might end up getting cheap PSN credit off CDKeys and go digital

Anyone found a good deal in the UK for PS5 deluxe? Not sure if to buy digital or physical copy. I take it the steelbook pre orders sold out as can't find it anywhere.
Might end up getting cheap PSN credit off CDKeys and go digital
Same here. Couldn't find the steel book anywhere. Would have liked to have it but I'll probably go digital.

Edit. And to prove how unlikely it is we'll get one, people are selling steel book preorders on eBay for £200.

Last edited:
Just made executive decision. £70 PS5 digital version via CDKeys discounted credit and some Topcashback. £55ish. Deluxe not worth the extra £20. If you pre ordered steelbook would of been.

There really should be a 5th option:

When I can get a PS5

Surely many of us are in this situation? It's new territory for me 'cause I've always had the console ready for day 1. Incredibly-frustrating.

Last edited:
There really should be a 5th option:

When I can get a PS5

Surely many of us are in this situation? It's new territory for me 'cause I've always had the console ready for day 1. Incredibly-frustrating.
In The Netherlands it isn't that hard at the moment. I bought mine last december. You have many Telegram "channels" that give you stock notifications. Within a day I had bought two PS5's. One via Amazon Germany and the other one via Mediamarkt retail store in The Netherlands.

The steelbook is still pretty easely available here in france. Amazon and Fnac both have them on pre order. I can help if someone here wants it shipped back to another country. Just PM

In The Netherlands it isn't that hard at the moment. I bought mine last december. You have many Telegram "channels" that give you stock notifications. Within a day I had bought two PS5's. One via Amazon Germany and the other one via Mediamarkt retail store in The Netherlands.
Easy to be a scalper in the Netherlands you say? :ouch:

Ready
20220224_134205.jpg

Thanks mate. Makes me feel a whole lot better. Not! :lol:

Anywho, the point is that we need that 5th option in the poll. :cheers:

question: if I wait until the reviews of the game after the nda, will I still have time to preorder the game and get the bonuses from the preorder?

Easy to be a scalper in the Netherlands you say? :ouch:
It's easy(er) if you know where to look for your information as @Rivanov mentioned. ....but you may need to be persistent. What will say is that for those simply waiting for them to be available in stock at their local brick & mortar store, you'll likely still be waiting for long time yet.

I actually sourced a PS5 from the Playstation store directly after following Matt Swider on Twitter. I received alerts when product was or was going to be available. I would then go to the store front and try to obtain one. I found the PS store my best bet due to their lottery system. They would accept people in a queue for a period of time and then choose folks randomly in that queue to purchase a PS5. I tried it 2 or 3 times prior before I actually got one.

question: if I wait until the reviews of the game after the nda, will I still have time to preorder the game and get the bonuses from the preorder?
Yeah, you should be good. I think you can preorder games up until a minute before they release on the PlayStation Store, though I'm not 100% on that.

I didn't scalp. I sold the other one to a friend for regular price.
Oh I didn’t mean you, but I’m guessing many others would, I mean, if you have the funds to buy several why not earn something while you’re at it? I would never, but I can see the appeal.

I'll be waiting for the reviews and also until I have a PS5. And I'm not buying one of those (or trying to!) until the first revision of the PS5 hardware is released (rumoured to be later this year when AMD transition to TSMCs new 6nm process).

Yeah, I heard that too mate.

It's the waiting with no guarantees that's the problem.

Want to squeeze every useful second I can out of GT7 after the huge disappointment of GT6's servers being shut down without my being aware of the fact that this is what happens.

Getting it Day 1 for sure. I barely touched GT Sport, it didn't feel the same. I put countless hours into GT5 and a bit of 6. Can't wait to fully dive into GT7 with a race wheel and hanging out with everyone in the online lobbies.

Last edited:
I just preordered the 25th Anniversary digital deluxe. Came to $125 Canadian with the tax. I don't have a PS5 and it doesn't look like I'll be getting one anytime soon. But I figured having a PS5 copy of the game for only a little more plus the bonus content was worth the extra $30. Looking forward to Friday!

Change of plan:
I had the 25th physical version on pre order for month now. but I so desperate to have it early on the 4th that i bought it on the store. it's downloading as i type this post. Working from home, and things beeing a little bit slow at work at the moment, i'll try to cram as much playtime as possible on friday.
I don't know yet if i will keep my pre order for the steelbook or not. Being old, i like the physical copy.

GT7 is the first I won't be buying at release, been burned before. I'll wait until I read player reviews, posts on here, general feedback... I'm in no hurry, much as I am - cautiously - sure it'll be good.

EDIT - after the State of Play reveal I'm gonna say this is now 100% "not buying on release day"...
Yeah so anyway I've just went and bought a PS4 plus GT7. Console arriving Thursday, game arriving Friday.

I can't bloody help myself when it comes to a new GT release :D

Back