Are you intimidated by Sport Mode? I prefer to play "offline".

I'm hardly intimidated by Sport Mode, why should I be? There'll always be dumb drivers that race, you just have to deal with them. Offline is boring as hell when compared to it; I find that it's the only choice for enjoyment in this game.

Iam completely addicted to sport mode love the competition but Iam average rating dr c sr s. Felt guilty playing fifa the other day the urge to see what the daily was killed me
I agree with this. My beginning posts, put me in the hate column. What I keep going back for, is a clean race. I went from E/S to C/S in a couple hours of racing. I had 3 bomb-of-a-race meeting earlier.

I still prefer offline for the customization though. I wouldn't mind joining a GT League, but I'd do it without the mics. May seem like "what's the point?", if you don't want to talk to those you're racing, race offline. It's more about the possible league combinations available. I'd just rather show up. Race/have fun. Then, leave.

Last edited:
I agree with this. My beginning posts, put me in the hate column. What I keep going back for, is a clean race. I went from E/S to C/S in a couple hours of racing. I had 3 bomb-of-a-race meeting earlier.

I still prefer offline for the customization though. I wouldn't mind joining a GT League, but I'd do it without the mics. May seem like "what's the point?", if you don't want to talk to those you're racing, race offline. It's more about the possible league combinations available. I'd just rather show up. Race/have fun. Then, leave.

Check out the SNAIL Racing League for some of the cleanest racing on GTPlanet. Our mission is to provide our members with clean, intense, and competitive racing - regardless of skill level! We believe that providing full grids of evenly-matched competition is the most realistic way to race, improve skill, and refine race craft.

Spec racing ensures that success is determined primarily by driving skill and not by differences in power, gearing, suspension, weight, or aerodynamics. Because variables in the car are eliminated, spec racing is the truest measure of driver skill. It also produces intense battles for position because everyone in the same car which is equally strong or weak in the different areas of the track. Plus, you'll never spend hours tuning cars or wondering if someone is truly faster than you or if they just have a better tune.

Our league night is Sunday at 9:30pm Eastern / 6:30pm Pacific. If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please check us out to learn more about us and how to join.
AND - Mics are not required.

www.snailracing.org or www.gtplanet.net/snail

some of you guys are just cowards especially the OP of this thread. What the hell are you intimated by? a car is going to fly out the TV and hit you? its a VIDEO GAME wow :odd:

You're in Australia right?

Never once played Sport Mode.

Happy with racing the Ai. I have no desire to play it online as I tried it once, saw I had to wait 15 minutes + for the next race and decided "Nope. I'm out. I'm not hanging around this long to play online".

But more importantly. I see SO many (valid) complaints about how impossible the penalty system appears to be, that I'm just steering ( no pun intended ) clear of that whole hornet's nest.

I'm not a good player in the context of racing games and I don't want to be that one guy who ruins it for a competent driver because I don't understand the rules correctly, or I'm just in the way of players who deserve the well earned chance to win the race, through my own incompetence...and NOT get penalised for my fecklessness on top of that !

I think it's better for a player of my skill level to just stay out of the way :lol:

I think I'm done with Sport mode after today...somehow in a single race I was brought straight to DR D / SR E, losing in a single shot about 2000 DR and 50 SR. A glitch I guess, as the race wasn't by far the worst I had today. Tried another race, but hey, I'm in a D/E lobby, brakes don't exist.

I'm out. At least for a while.

You're in Australia right?
Yes. I think it would me Monday morning while I'm at work. 930pm, is about 1130am or 130pm here.

Edit: It is 10:02am here in New South Wales and 7:02pm in NYC.

Edit2: as a side, I did join a GT6 room by a guy Yb in the states named ChevCamaro69. Everyone in the room used mics, but before we started, I would type what side to pass me on. Everyone was cool with that. Best time online, when I went online.

Last edited:
Confession: I love watching, editing and posting my own replays/highlights in Sport Mode. Damn, it makes me feel like a racing driver! The only way to make the replays worth watching/sharing is to put in decent performances against other people. To do that, I've gotta practice and qualify well. After every race, I check my stats on Kudos. And this whole ritual has me hooked!

Watching my own replays against AI is kinda like watching myself jerk off with a blow-up doll. No one else would wanna watch either. Just sayin!

Sure, Sport Mode is frustrating. But that's what makes a good race worth so much more. I'm chasing those highlight-material moments of brilliance. Without frustration, there're would be no racing. It's part and parcel of the game of racing. Learn to live with it and love it. Then you'll have fun.

Last edited:
I think I'm done with Sport mode after today...somehow in a single race I was brought straight to DR D / SR E, losing in a single shot about 2000 DR and 50 SR. A glitch I guess, as the race wasn't by far the worst I had today. Tried another race, but hey, I'm in a D/E lobby, brakes don't exist.

I'm out. At least for a while.
If you care about your DR and SR, you have to choose your battles.
Going Tokyo or Monza for example is carnage at best.

If you care about your DR and SR, you have to choose your battles.
Going Tokyo or Monza for example is carnage at best.
It wasn't because of a bad race combo, it was a glitch. Never mind though, I recovered everything and am now B/B again. I don't really care about the ratings, but to be thrown back like that, didn't like it at all.

Funny (let me explain) that some people would find tuning overwhelming, I mean I totally understand your comment, and agree it likely has much merit...
But funny, for me, because... Back when GT4 was released I had zero interest in race car games... didn't even know that GT series existed.
A co-worker that knew I was a gear head approached me at the coffee pot one day and asked me "so, in a car, what is camber, and what does it do?"
Odd discussion to have with the director if design in an architectural firm, but ok...
(background - he wears nice shoes and a bow tie and speaks eloquently, I am a construction engineer, wear work boots and a T-shirt and have to drop the F bomb to make myself clear... he dazzles politicians and gov't officials all day, I work construction.)
A few days later he asks me how can anti roll bars effect the handling of a car... again, we talk, and that is that.
The next week, he pulls me aside and says, ok, I play this race car game, and I'm thinking about getting a steering wheel, should I get one with force feedback? I didn't even know what force feedback was but said sure, you want to be able to feel what the car is doing... whatever... game geek... you can afford it...
Some time passes by and one day again, he approached me and asked, what does a limited slip do?
OK, so, I finally put it all together and before answering him I ask, so this game you play... you can adjust all that in the game, and it actually has effect on the car?
He gets all smiles and say oh yes, says how you can feel it, and he starts telling me how you can adjust shocks, springs, rear gear trans gears castor etc etc... says he has no idea what he's doing, but appreciates me explaining it to him...
So, now I'm interested and he can tell... and he says come on over this weekend and have a go... this is like mixing oil and water together... ... whatever, I know he likes good beer and I'm betting he's got some in his fridge so I agree.
I was blown away... I might have drove for 10 minutes that evening, the rest of the time he hammered cars around tracks and I watched what the car was doing and we made adjustments... he was happy to get his car dialed, but I think I had more fun... was kinda like a work session for him.

So, overwhelming... is funny to me, because, it is the very... ok, only thing that lured me in.

So, that "co-worker" is now my best friend... and our lives have gotten a lot more complicated, and we no longer work together, but we still get together to play "race cars".

oh, he's still faster than me... even more so when I get his car just right.

Nice story 👍 :)

Oh... and

A co-worker that knew I was a gear head

means something pretty different here in the UK :lol:

Since GTSport was launched and started all problems about SR / DR / collisions / penalties / dive bombers etc etc, I always kept myself far away from Sport mode.

On the other hand I can fully enjoy the Lobby mode, which is kinda similar, and if you find the right people to play with, is very rewarding and less stressful.

Back