Are you intimidated by Sport Mode? I prefer to play "offline".

Unfortunately, you guys are exactly what Sport Mode needs more of... clean racers with a conscience.

Yes lol. Think of it this way, those people whose races you're scared or ruining probably don't care at all about how your race might go. Every man for himself is what it is. Hard but fair, well, mostly hard... :lol:

These random stats are one (of several) reasons I stay offline. In 109 races, this particular user had two instances (yes 2), of consecutive accident free races. The mode isn’t worth the pain and aggravation.

View attachment 720861

The clean race bonus can be wiped out by breathing on the grass. I have only 5 consecutive clean races, but I've had far more than that without contact. I've finished plenty of times with no penalties, no contact, and no off track excursions that I recall, and still no clean race bonus.

Personally, I find GT League to be a massive, pointless, waste of time. It isn't even good for tuning.

I have NEVER liked online racing. I got into league racing here on GTPlanet with GT6 but I still wouldn't do any random online races. I hated the horrible drivers, never finding clean racing, and the trolls who do everything they can to ruin someone else's race.

I LOVE online racing in GT Sport. The rating system keeps you racing with people near your skill level in speed and cleanliness of driving.

Sark

Had all the gt's since ps1 and loved them all, am so unhappy with gt sport, cant afford to go online so am stuck with four tracks and twenty cars. Am spending all my time with a glitchy project cars 2, THIS IS NO WAY TO LIVE POLYPHONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see it as a challenge that I want to overcome. If you keep working at it, you will get better. I've been amazed at my progress on GT Sport, and just a couple of days ago I cracked Dr A! It's been a long slow progress, but I have just kept chipping away. :)

Note: My massive 10,000 Dr climb is due to me spamming the crap out of Interlagos Gr4 and Suzuka Gr1 (Two of my best events) last week.

upload_2018-3-14_8-43-10.png

Personally, I find GT League to be a massive, pointless, waste of time.
No matter how much I try to like it, I have to agree with you.
Although the GT League tries to represent the very essence of Gran Turismo, having no prize cars and unmotivating amounts of prize money, I just don't feel that it gives anything back except the number of wins.
We need prize cars back in GT League!

I played the game through the beta and at launch tried to get involved with Sport mode as much as I could (as you can see in my signature).
But, Sport mode just isn't very good. It's poorly designed, badly run and largely uninteresting. I feel like PD have not done enough to get the most out of the tools they have and so I got fed-up and bored with the whole thing.

I now mostly just do the 30 lap Monza GT3 race, it's easy as pie but it's a fun track to drive, gives decent amounts of MP and covers the daily bonus distance. Also allows me to try out all of the GT3 cars without worrying about how fast or competitive they are as the win is guaranteed.

Played offline only for months.
Tried Sport mode month ago. Never looked back.
I play offline sometimes, usually if I am not confident of the daily races or if I am inebriated :) and it's just not the same at all. Even with AI who are a bit rough and who leave the track (as opposed to the racing line robots of the past) it's just not exciting.

When the game came out I just wanted to learn the courses first before jumping into sport mode. At first, I did try sport mode a few times only to punted around by bad drivers & all around jackasses.

I kept racing with friends online, making various liveries, worked on my driving skills, & just having fun with it. This week however I started working on my Driver Rating, it's finally a C rather of being D for months. That was really bugging me, I wasn't sure how the rating system worked until I read up on it.

i loved gt6 even with Lag issues causing penaltys,you still had a chance of a good race,but Lag issues make sport impossible online,at least in gt6 the monthly time trials my friends could still compete against eash other.

Glad that many of you folks enjoy the various events that GTS offers.

I am continually amazed at the concept that we can compete on a track against other drivers who are sitting anywhere in the world. Also, the graphics of GTS on the PS4 is simply amazing. Critics may pick it apart, but to a 75 year old it's really something.

Tried the GTS Daily Races for a while - got fed up with getting penalized when some air-head smashes into me from behind, or foolishly Divebombs a corner. Just like the Open Lobbies in GT-6, which were just another Electronic Demolition Derby.

So, will not run another Daily Race.

The SNAIL Sunday night league, and the WRS, are the only places I have ever found Clean and Competitive racing over the last 5 years on GT. Not perfect, but then all of us are flawed.
Look them up on GT Planet.

I never touched Sport mode until January. Simply because I'm a completionist and wanted to 100% all the single-player content and beat friends' times.

Sport mode has been a revelation. There's no doubt it's initially intimidating, but everyone's in the same boat. Early on in your career you may encounter dirty drivers, but my experience is most want to race clean. Once you start moving up the ranks you find your level and the racing becomes even more intense.

Even now the nerves kick in when a good result is on the cards. It's that intensity that keeps me coming back. It is a little humbling to see how quick some drivers are, (I'm sure when we where kids we thought we where super quick), but it's the challenge to improve your speed and race craft that makes Sport mode so addictive.

3. It frustrates me that I have fully adjustable suspension and gearbox straight out of the box on every car, but can't make adjustments in Sport Mode.

Number 3 is what I find most infuriating. Car set-up is a massive part of winning races, but doesn't even get a look in even though it's available on almost every car.

The BoP wouldn't be B then though...

Back