ARL iRacing

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 580 comments
oh man, cant wait to try the crew chief app.... thats definitely my other weakness....
It's alot of info man I've had it since I started and I'm still learning new stuff .....1 thing I will say is take your time and read the preferences there's alot but theres also alot crew chief can do for you

Time trials time trials time trials lol what I normally do is do the 4 time trials and then after that I'll do maybe 1 or 2 races and I got moved up (did that from rookie all the way up to A) if you jump on tonight let me know I'll see if I can help ya out a little bit
ARL race tonight I'll be on today to work on it

Cars and tracks to buy for this iracing
What ones to buy first???? Or needed
Best way to do it pick a series to run in the license class you are (like road license D BMW 12.0 challenge), buy that car then the tracks you need for that series as you need them, I normally buy tracks the week before they come up. I think total cost for ALL content is over $3,000. If you run enough weeks of the season in a series, at the end of the season you get free iracing credits. If this is confusing, which it can be, we can explain it all better in discord voice chat.

Best way to do it pick a series to run in the license class you are (like road license D BMW 12.0 challenge), buy that car then the tracks you need for that series as you need them, I normally buy tracks the week before they come up. I think total cost for ALL content is over $3,000. If you run enough weeks of the season in a series, at the end of the season you get free iracing credits. If this is confusing, which it can be, we can explain it all better in discord voice chat.
B9AF7442-803C-4558-94C4-009368A5AF1D.gif

Mine will to that's why I was asking thanks
Lol I did it the same way as mentioned above....for me the 24h races are what I bought and surprisingly I can run some other series with the content I was not expecting that at all....if your looking at road racing the imsa and Michelin challenge are some good areas to start at and are the most popular at the moment

Mine will to that's why I was asking thanks

Lol I did it the same way as mentioned above....for me the 24h races are what I bought and surprisingly I can run some other series with the content I was not expecting that at all....if your looking at road racing the imsa and Michelin challenge are some good areas to start at and are the most popular at the moment

The skip barber series is also a great one. You can really find the limit in that car and keep it there. The way the car handles is designed for teaching drivers the fundamental techniques of driving. Also since it’s so easy to get comfortable with it makes for good racing around other drivers.

The skip barber series is also a great one. You can really find the limit in that car and keep it there. The way the car handles is designed for teaching drivers the fundamental techniques of driving. Also since it’s so easy to get comfortable with it makes for good racing around other drivers.
Thought about getting that car

If anyone needs a setup message me and I'll see what I have and can share through discord.

If anyone who is not in our 24h chat wants to run spa 24h please let me know so we can get you added.

If I can get the proper licenses by next weekend I’d like to be lol idk if I’ll get them
Oh we can get you there ask @Trappy93 hahaha.....did you get all set up yet?

Easiest way to rank up
4 time trials
Then 2 races but make sure your races are extremely clean, you will move up fast

Yeah I’m set up I did two road races last night finished 3rd in first one with not too many incidents and flipped it on the second one lol but I’m open to advice lol time trials are they scheduled because I couldn’t find them last night

Yeah I’m set up I did two road races last night finished 3rd in first one with not too many incidents and flipped it on the second one lol but I’m open to advice lol time trials are they scheduled because I couldn’t find them last night
Let me know next time you jump on I might be able to walk you thru it bc it's a little confusing at the start

Let me know next time you jump on I might be able to walk you thru it bc it's a little confusing at the start
I figured it out last night lol I checked it out it says I did all the mpr for it now I just need to get over a 3.0 to be promoted and I’m at 2.85 right now so I’m hoping maybe another TT tonight and maybe one more race and I should be there

I figured it out last night lol I checked it out it says I did all the mpr for it now I just need to get over a 3.0 to be promoted and I’m at 2.85 right now so I’m hoping maybe another TT tonight and maybe one more race and I should be there
What I would do: (this is how I got to A quick lol)

4 time trials (run the full 30 minutes and just focus on keeping the car off the walls)
After you do the 4 time trials then start racing I've learned that doing the tt first helped alot when it came to races and how to avoid people. Once you start racing that's where you have to grind and really try to keep from having ir's

The cleaner you race the quicker you move up but watch out you can grenade your irating just riding in the back playing safe, I did that so I could get to the series I wanted to run and race in and I'm paying for it now lol it's gonna be a long road back to where I want to be but atleast I can do some fun races like the 1 hour mock 24h races and imsa so atleast that's a plus hahahaha) have you downloaded crew chief, trading paints, and vrs yet?

Also if you get on jump in discord I'll run some races with ya

What I would do: (this is how I got to A quick lol)

4 time trials (run the full 30 minutes and just focus on keeping the car off the walls)
After you do the 4 time trials then start racing I've learned that doing the tt first helped alot when it came to races and how to avoid people. Once you start racing that's where you have to grind and really try to keep from having ir's

The cleaner you race the quicker you move up but watch out you can grenade your irating just riding in the back playing safe, I did that so I could get to the series I wanted to run and race in and I'm paying for it now lol it's gonna be a long road back to where I want to be but atleast I can do some fun races like the 1 hour mock 24h races and imsa so atleast that's a plus hahahaha) have you downloaded crew chief, trading paints, and vrs yet?

Also if you get on jump in discord I'll run some races with ya
I have trading paints I don’t have the crew chief or vrs. I have discord the only problem is though I have no mic right now lol the one I use for ps4 doesn’t work. I do I think that will be something I pick up soon like tomorrow so I can communicate lol. Right now I’m using my beats just because the sound is better, but I tried to find drivers and everything for it I wish I could use my phone as my mic and do voice call on my pc and put it through my beats.

Back