ARL iRacing

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 580 comments
Like Syd said man we can definitely help you out I try to keep all the iracing stuff on discord it makes it a little easier to keep up with lol https://discord.gg/ASvjkpm

The Miata is a tricky bastard, slow your downshifts down and let the engine brake more going into the corner. If that doesn't help also check your brake bias on the Mazda you want to keep it split 50-52% your front tires could be overloaded causing the car to come around. If none of that helps jump on add me on iracing Jack Clark2 and I'll open up a hosted lobby and we will get a few guys on track to help out
Thanks all I will look for you guys in the discord. I guess I am spoiled by downshifting being so automated in GTS and I never drove a manual car in real life that wasn’t easy to downshift. I have no heel toe muscle memory. When I try to downshift with the clutch in the iracing game I rev out releasing the clutch and the car gets unhappy.

ACC
maxresdefault.jpg

Gtsport
i10NnLwsAI10bb.jpg

IRacing
unnamed.png

Gave it a shot at a Formula Vee race.

Jim: Ok, here we go, don't **** this up
Me: proceeds to **** this up

We've all pissed Jim off a time or two lol....the formula vee are fun as hell to drive lol

Download trading paints to see all the (white) car livery & get some custom ones aswell

Thanks all I will look for you guys in the discord. I guess I am spoiled by downshifting being so automated in GTS and I never drove a manual car in real life that wasn’t easy to downshift. I have no heel toe muscle memory. When I try to downshift with the clutch in the iracing game I rev out releasing the clutch and the car gets unhappy.
Cool man we throw up some random lobbies from time to time or we will have enduance lobbies up practicing everyone is always more than welcome to join

You can change the Mazda to sequential shifting if you’re using paddles

Hey, I heard you are moving to Virginia. Anywhere near VIR by any chance? Lol
Lol sadly no damnit I was hoping so but we are moving to Arlington vir. Which is about 2 hours away. I don't have any tracks in my backyard but it puts me in driving distance from Charlotte to Watkins Glen lol

Lol sadly no damnit I was hoping so but we are moving to Arlington vir. Which is about 2 hours away. I don't have any tracks in my backyard but it puts me in driving distance from Charlotte to Watkins Glen lol
Well that's not too bad. Might have to make a trip up there for next years VIR sports car race. Maybe try to get a small ARL meet up. Crow lives in VA too I believe.

Well that's not too bad. Might have to make a trip up there for next years VIR sports car race. Maybe try to get a small ARL meet up. Crow lives in VA too I believe.
That would be cool man you know I'm down lol, I know a few of us are legit trying to get a 24h of lemons car next year up in that area since a handful of us live/will be living in the area

That would be cool man you know I'm down lol, I know a few of us are legit trying to get a 24h of lemons car next year up in that area since a handful of us live/will be living in the area
Well then, that may have to be something to do as well lol.

A lemons car? That’d be a fricken blast. Unfortunately northern ontario is no where near you guys so ill have to cheer from afar.

A lemons car? That’d be a fricken blast. Unfortunately northern ontario is no where near you guys so ill have to cheer from afar.
Lol it's something I've always wanted to do and when I move to northern VA it's puts a handful of us within driving distance so we are gonna try it next year once I get settled in

Lol it's something I've always wanted to do and when I move to northern VA it's puts a handful of us within driving distance so we are gonna try it next year once I get settled in
I have a friend here who does lemons racing. I have done one as a driver with their car. It is a lot of fun. I bet I can talk him and the other car owners to go up there. They go to colorado for Lemons races all the time.

I have a friend here who does lemons racing. I have done one as a driver with their car. It is a lot of fun. I bet I can talk him and the other car owners to go up there. They go to colorado for Lemons races all the time.
Lol that would be awesome man

Back