ARL iRacing

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 580 comments
I wouldn’t mind if it was the 20 bucks but they never have offers for returning ppl. Just not enough free content for the price.
I agree man, what I'm doing is renewing my subscription until December then getting the 1 year or 2 year for 75% off I know they have killer black Friday sales and that's what alot of returning players do but I agree they should throw in something when you renew your plan

I agree man, what I'm doing is renewing my subscription until December then getting the 1 year or 2 year for 75% off I know they have killer black Friday sales and that's what alot of returning players do but I agree they should throw in something when you renew your plan

Im in Mobys boat, i could deal with the minor transactions its the damn computer thats the hurdle, and i am not very good with computers so knowing what to get is difficult for me, i always think ill buy the wrong one lol

Im in Mobys boat, i could deal with the minor transactions its the damn computer thats the hurdle, and i am not very good with computers so knowing what to get is difficult for me, i always think ill buy the wrong one lol

Idk if you've ever checked this out or not but this is always a safe route to go. iBuyPower.com (plus they have payment options) and we have a good group of guys in the discord that can answer damn near any question you have. I'm not trying to recruit anyone or talk anyone into anything like that, if I see good deals I'll post them here incase anyone is on the fence or going to make that jump. Me personally the whole reason I started sim racing was to do the 24h enduance races so for my situation it makes sense to go iracing but I understand not everyone is looking for that so I completely get it

Idk if you've ever checked this out or not but this is always a safe route to go. iBuyPower.com (plus they have payment options) and we have a good group of guys in the discord that can answer damn near any question you have. I'm not trying to recruit anyone or talk anyone into anything like that, if I see good deals I'll post them here incase anyone is on the fence or going to make that jump. Me personally the whole reason I started sim racing was to do the 24h enduance races so for my situation it makes sense to go iracing but I understand not everyone is looking for that so I completely get it

I have not seen that, but ill check it out! If you see anything good definitely throw it up in here and ill look into it, definitely looks cool and something i have heavily considered getting into, i just start looking at PCs and cant tell what any of the 1600DoubleMagnumPI1080TripleFlipCrossCore7 means lol

I would totally love to do those 24hr races with a team of drivers. It would be so fun!

Anyway, we know you aren't recruiting. I always feel that leaving a reply is nicer than just letting the thread go blank as if we were ignoring you. By all means, if a good deal pops up you better post it! ARL isn't just limited to GTS. PA, Syd and I are the representatives for ARL in GTS.

I have not seen that, but ill check it out! If you see anything good definitely throw it up in here and ill look into it, definitely looks cool and something i have heavily considered getting into, i just start looking at PCs and cant tell what any of the 1600DoubleMagnumPI1080TripleFlipCrossCore7 means lol
Man I've been doing this **** for a year and still don't know what any of that means lol

I would totally love to do those 24hr races with a team of drivers. It would be so fun!

Anyway, we know you aren't recruiting. I always feel that leaving a reply is nicer than just letting the thread go blank as if we were ignoring you. By all means, if a good deal pops up you better post it! ARL isn't just limited to GTS. PA, Syd and I are the representatives for ARL in GTS.
Hell yeah man, you gonna make it out to devil's bowl this year?

So whats stopping us from doing a 24hr race on gts?

Last edited:
I thought of a way a long time ago but it would take 3 to 4 servers and you would have to have pretty much 4 different races release the cars with the correct time gap and add the times up at the end (to keep a long complicated story short)

Instead of releasing with the accrued gap itd be easier to just add all times at the end, just have “safety cars” with caution lap to start after each swap?

Agreed though it could be done, does require a lot of drivers though

Instead of releasing with the accrued gap itd be easier to just add all times at the end, just have “safety cars” with caution lap to start after each swap?

Agreed though it could be done, does require a lot of drivers though
Alot of drivers and alotbof people staying on top of lobbies times replays stats penalties safety cars Etc. But it could be done and if any group could pull it off I think ARL could

I have been itching to participate in team enduros for a long time. I even prepaid for ACC on PS4 before I knew that feature was not on PS4. I used to be on Iracing years ago (before they had team racing), but I just can't justify the expense and frustration of an adequate PC. But, I still think about it alot !!!!

I can always help you out when it comes to checking parts for compatibility, etc.
If you're looking at buying a pre-build just make sure the vendor lists all the part used, many will just use general words to be able to use the cheapest parts have and sell them a premium price.

I imagine you have local MemoryExpress stores out in the east, I got lucky my local store had an RTX3070 in stock so I got all my parts from them :)

I can always help you out when it comes to checking parts for compatibility, etc.
If you're looking at buying a pre-build just make sure the vendor lists all the part used, many will just use general words to be able to use the cheapest parts have and sell them a premium price.

I imagine you have local MemoryExpress stores out in the east, I got lucky my local store had an RTX3070 in stock so I got all my parts from them :)

I will definitely be using you guys as a resource, just remember to talk slow and explain everything, im very dumb hahaha

For me the biggest win of racing on PC is the ability of a driver swap, you continue to drive the same car with tire wear/damage/etc.

That alone makes the immersion so much greater. Then you have a crap ton of cars to add.
I agree along with the crew chief app and overlays lol, and honestly for me watching the iracing enduance events is what got me into sim racing to start with and I knew if I ever wanted to do I had to jump to PC, it sucks consoles don't have a driver swap feature I think it would make a ton of difference if they did

I will definitely be using you guys as a resource, just remember to talk slow and explain everything, im very dumb hahaha
Lol same here man, when we set mine up I was on the phone with @Neutty sending him pics through the ps messanger app getting everything setup I know I drove him crazy bahahaha

I agree along with the crew chief app and overlays lol, and honestly for me watching the iracing enduance events is what got me into sim racing to start with and I knew if I ever wanted to do I had to jump to PC, it sucks consoles don't have a driver swap feature I think it would make a ton of difference if they did

I think the only way you would see that happening on consoles would be iracing coming to consoles.

LOL, that crew chief app is something else.
Sucks they’re discontinuing support for ACC.

Wow I didn't know that I'm surprised they did acc is blowing up

Yeah, there’s a message in the crew chief information box saying to switch to ACC’s built-in crew chief and spotter since they’ll no longer support it.

I am getting the hang of the Mazda but most cars in iracing I mess up the downshifting while decelerating and get loose or even spin out, I guess from not blipping it correctly or whatever.
I am still focused on GT Sport ARL stuff but I am on iracing also if anyone wants to show me the ropes, or if anyone organizes a casual ARL event there.

I am getting the hang of the Mazda but most cars in iracing I mess up the downshifting while decelerating and get loose or even spin out, I guess from not blipping it correctly or whatever.
I am still focused on GT Sport ARL stuff but I am on iracing also if anyone wants to show me the ropes, or if anyone organizes a casual ARL event there.
If you have discord I suggest jumping in there, Jack and the guys are super helpful getting your legs under you!

Like Syd said man we can definitely help you out I try to keep all the iracing stuff on discord it makes it a little easier to keep up with lol https://discord.gg/ASvjkpm

The Miata is a tricky bastard, slow your downshifts down and let the engine brake more going into the corner. If that doesn't help also check your brake bias on the Mazda you want to keep it split 50-52% your front tires could be overloaded causing the car to come around. If none of that helps jump on add me on iracing Jack Clark2 and I'll open up a hosted lobby and we will get a few guys on track to help out

Last edited:
The good thing is that they updated the Mazda a couple weeks ago. IMO it has made the racing so much better. But yes Iracing is about the old saying slow in and fast out.

Back