Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon

That's one of the most terrifying and badass game trailers I think I've ever seen.

I'm not big into Armored Core, but I've always had a slight interest in it. Definitely going to be watching this one somewhat closely, and I'm very surprised that it's coming out next year. Curious to see how it looks graphically with it being a cross-gen game.

I’ll be interested to see gameplay as the aesthetic shown in the trailer is lovely.

It’s been a long while since I played AC, so I could be tempted to jump back in. Especially with the ability to build your own mech.

As for the trailer, it kind of took me back to PS1 days of excellent CGI trailers which lasted ages and really drew you in to the game world.

I've been playing some of the PS1 and 2 AC games lately, I wasn't into the PS3 ones at all though so I'm not sure what to make of this. Definitely interested, but really I just want something like the old games but with longer and better missions. Oh and controls that wouldn't make Hideo Kojima blush.

Some new info regarding the game and a slightly different trailer too.

Colour me excited. I’m super happy they mention Kings Field. I played that game back on Japanese Import on PS1 back in the day, great game.

I usually don't preorder games anymore but as a huge Ac fan I will definitely pre-order this or least that's what I'll tell myself until I see the price 🤣. But I am excited for this game. I have bought quite a few other mech games but they don't hit like an AC game would

There's been a lot more of the game shown off over the last couple of months.

A couple months ago there was a gameplay trailer dropped, giving a first real look at the gameplay style:

Earlier this week we got a new story trailer for AC6...

...as well as a gameplay preview that wrapped up just over an hour ago.

Several YouTube channels have also started posting hands-on gameplay impressions. I guess a bunch of people got to play aC6 early, and their embargo lifted today.

Last edited:
I have been watching a lot of the yt streamers and for most part they fall into one or two camps: either they are fans of the game who are excited about the game or they are Souls fans who slightly disappointed that's it not Mech souls. Mind you at every opportunity FromSoft devs have stated that it is not a souls game or souls like. Shill up or Skillion not what is name is he actually said that you can't compare Armored Core to the Souls series as they are different games then for the next 20 minutes proceeds to compare it to Souls. He talks about how easy the game was even FS said the first chapter which the YouTubers played is basically a tutorial to people up to speed on the gameplay. It's crazy. I really enjoyed seeing the level of customization as far as the parts and livery editor. I like the fact that you can make different body parts look rusted also I am loving the ability to paint your weapon. I can't wait for this to drop

Here's the launch for Armored Core 6
I can't wait to play this on Friday night. I am going to try my best to avoid spoilers but I'm not sure if I will be able to have enough discipline to do so

Last edited:
I'm going to wait to try this purely because I'm in themiddle of Baluders Gate 3 at the moment, then Starfield is out and I'm expecting the reviews for that be good, which will mean I'll buy it as it's a game I'm interested in. With it all releasing so close together, I'll probably pick this up in a few months when there less to play, as I tend to focus on one game at a time at the moment.

I downloaded AC6 last night while I was playing GT7. When I got done it was 11:33 pm EST and was very tempting to stay up to play it. But had to wake up at 5 am to get everyone out the house to school and get to work. There was no way if I started playing it would only be a few minutes. I would have probably been up to about 3 playing AC6 🤣

Heard it runs well on a Deck and that it sounds (like, the sound design, the literal sounds) like good old Armoured Core. Can't wait to eventually play this but I've got enough lined up for now and will wait for some patches, though maybe not a discount this time!

I finally got the chance to play last night. The 1st tutorial boss is rough. It took a few tries for me to beat him. The hardest thing for me was trying to get use to the controls. They're not difficult just different from the control scheme. That and kept taking the boss off of hard lock accidentally 🤣 which it hard to track but once I figured it out the boss was not that hard. So far the first few missions have been easy but have still been trying to adjust to the controls. The decal editor has to be one of the best I have ever seen. If you go to the AC 6 Reddit and see what people have already come up with you be surprised. Great game so far

Managed to beat the game over the weekend. While short, it was still great fun. Going to do 2 more play throughs and get the other endings since it seems very manageable.

Once I unlocked the Wheelchair tank legs I never went back. Its just too quick that it's spoiled me completely. Also, shotguns are ridiculously over powered. I was dual wielding for the last 2.5 chapters and never felt the need to switch.

Managed to beat the game over the weekend. While short, it was still great fun. Going to do 2 more play throughs and get the other endings since it seems very manageable.

Once I unlocked the Wheelchair tank legs I never went back. Its just too quick that it's spoiled me completely. Also, shotguns are ridiculously over powered. I was dual wielding for the last 2.5 chapters and never felt the need to switch.
Wow I am still working my way through Chapter 1. I am slightly disappointed they don't have a large variety of quad legs. Maybe they will release some whenever they release a DLC

kjb
Wow I am still working my way through Chapter 1. I am slightly disappointed they don't have a large variety of quad legs. Maybe they will release some whenever they release a DLC
It was a weekend that I had absolutely nothing going on, for once so I picked up some drinks and went to town. Plus it entirely pulled me in. The satisfaction you get from beating that boss after dying so many times, it kept me pushing on.

It was a weekend that I had absolutely nothing going on, for once so I picked up some drinks and went to town. Plus it entirely pulled me in. The satisfaction you get from beating that boss after dying so many times, it kept me pushing on.
That's very understandable that game ropes you in

I finally finished all 3 endings. Very good game to me. I still have some combat logs to get and I do enjoy creating different builds so I will definitely mess around with that now. This is probably one of my favorite games in this series

Just ordered this one... haven't played an AC game since the PS2 days... really enjoyed them but sorta burnt myself out on them.
Figured it was time to jump back in.

Thanks for sharing guys! 👍

Back