Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Whereas on PS4 my G29 without me pumping the brakes sees me locking up with the X-Bow every time I get to a hairpin or chicane at Imola, but pumping the pedal on the screen that shows the back of a car and asking you to press X means no locking unless I'm being silly. It makes non ABS braking a practical possibility.
Sounds like maybe it's a Logitech issue for us rather than a game issue.

Whereas on PS4 my G29 without me pumping the brakes sees me locking up with the X-Bow every time I get to a hairpin or chicane at Imola, but pumping the pedal on the screen that shows the back of a car and asking you to press X means no locking unless I'm being silly. It makes non ABS braking a practical possibility.
I've not tried it at that screen (used the brake mod instead), will have to give that a go.

So the only online "racing" rooms that have people in them are with the GT3 cars.. I am trying to figure out some things I have noticed.

How long do the soft tires last on GT3 cars? I have seen many times people take off and do fast laps but by the 6-7th lap out of 10 they slow way down then they quit or you find them doing doughnuts on the side of the track. I am guessing they are on soft tires and they are burning them up. - I should test them myself as maybe if they will last the 8-10 laps I can improve times over the medium compound.

People are joining empty rooms, but as soon as you join them, they leave. Why race online if you want to be alone?

20 min races are longer than most people want to race in public rooms. - I think 5 laps on a 2min a lap car track combo is about the average attention span for console public rooms.

If the room shows a ping above 200ms there can often be weird issues, most obvious is with yellow flags. What is a reasonable ping to shoot for on AC?

I played during peak hours on the weekend and the holiday.. where the hell is everyone who doesn't drift?
What are the regions?
Do rooms not display if they are currently racing?

If the Lotus Exos 125 (and the S1) is how Kunos do open wheelers then I cannot wait to get hold of those Red Pack Ferraris. So nice to drive (with a tweak here and there). Had a blast hammering them round Nordschleife this afternoon. Awesome job!

If the Lotus Exos 125 (and the S1) is how Kunos do open wheelers then I cannot wait to get hold of those Red Pack Ferraris. So nice to drive (with a tweak here and there). Had a blast hammering them round Nordschleife this afternoon. Awesome job!
Give the Tatus a go as well, that things fun as well.

Give the Tatus a go as well, that things fun as well.
Yeah that was my first open wheeler in this game. Was good fun too, but a little slower and with more grip. I prefer the slightly crazier Lotus. I thought there was a Formula Abarth in the game too, anyone know which pack that's in?

So the only online "racing" rooms that have people in them are with the GT3 cars.. I am trying to figure out some things I have noticed.

How long do the soft tires last on GT3 cars? I have seen many times people take off and do fast laps but by the 6-7th lap out of 10 they slow way down then they quit or you find them doing doughnuts on the side of the track. I am guessing they are on soft tires and they are burning them up. - I should test them myself as maybe if they will last the 8-10 laps I can improve times over the medium compound.

People are joining empty rooms, but as soon as you join them, they leave. Why race online if you want to be alone?

20 min races are longer than most people want to race in public rooms. - I think 5 laps on a 2min a lap car track combo is about the average attention span for console public rooms.

If the room shows a ping above 200ms there can often be weird issues, most obvious is with yellow flags. What is a reasonable ping to shoot for on AC?

I played during peak hours on the weekend and the holiday.. where the hell is everyone who doesn't drift?
What are the regions?

I just had a 10 lap GT3 race at Monza online in the Audi with soft tires and ran my fastest lap on the 8th lap. I was on a faster lap on the 10th and Final lap but I had to avoid a car in the middle of the track.

I just had a 10 lap GT3 race at Monza online in the Audi with soft tires and ran my fastest lap on the 8th lap. I was on a faster lap on the 10th and Final lap but I had to avoid a car in the middle of the track.

Cool so that just means people are giving up or wrecking their cars. Guess it is time for me to pay more attention and throw on those soft tires and see how I do.

What are the regions?

To me it's a good thing that some rooms are empty, that way you can "claim" them, invite your friends, and they almost become private lobbies!! :) And that way you're guarenteed to not have any rammers in the races either! :)

To me it's a good thing that some rooms are empty, that way you can "claim" them, invite your friends, and they almost become private lobbies!! :) And that way you're guarenteed to not have any rammers in the races either! :)

Yeah I figured that is what some are doing. I cleared out my friends list awhile back and haven't added anyone back. I had a lot built up from Destiny & pCARs and I didn't want to figure it out so I pretty much deleted them all. None of my real life friends that game are into racing so I need eventually figure something out for AC. I really am enjoying it more than pCARS which I quit playing when DIRT was released.

Well, after at least 10 restarts I now know that the only way to get through T1 @ Monza in the Lotus Exos 125 from 10th (and last) is to not overtake anyone at all on the first straight and just let them all go through unchallenged.

Every single race had at least one car drive into me and either stop me dead or spin me out. Most of the time this AI car would be stuck on me after we'd both come to a standstill, and they'd make no attempt whatsoever to reverse and continue the race. I sat there for ages testing him but he just couldn't be bothered to stick it in reverse... Beyond frustrating! Didn't even get this much trouble with pCARS' open wheelers and that's saying something lol. And the problem of the AI having ridiculous speeds even on Easy compounds this annoyance. Feel like doing this now: :banghead:

We need those AI patches ASAP.

Well, after at least 10 restarts I now know that the only way to get through T1 @ Monza in the Lotus Exos 125 from 10th (and last) is to not overtake anyone at all on the first straight and just let them all go through unchallenged.

Every single race had at least one car drive into me and either stop me dead or spin me out. Most of the time this AI car would be stuck on me after we'd both come to a standstill, and they'd make no attempt whatsoever to reverse and continue the race. I sat there for ages testing him but he just couldn't be bothered to stick it in reverse... Beyond frustrating! Didn't even get this much trouble with pCARS' open wheelers and that's saying something lol. And the problem of the AI having ridiculous speeds even on Easy compounds this annoyance. Feel like doing this now: :banghead:

We need those AI patches ASAP.
Same thing happened to me. AI cant seam to find reverse. I had a few online races tonight at spa in gt3 using the vette. Thought I'd test if the car handles differently with less fuel as the vette seamed heavy at the front. Sure enough it handled much better and was nice and light at the front. Maybe this is a trick to beating the AI in career mode? Also the test was to see how many laps I could get on 5 litres. starting from the pit I didn't manage to get one full lap.

In stark contrast to my open wheel experience I've probably just had the best races yet in this game thanks to the BMW 235i @ Mugello. Been several years since I last raced at this track and it's certainly better than I remember. One thing I'm really liking is that it doesn't take all that long to create a good setup as the default one is already pretty good (unlike that other game I used to play heheh). Within 45 mins of practice I made myself a pretty badass car which handled much nicer than I thought it would.

Started on Easy against 15 AI, smashed them to bits; then tried Medium, they were doing 2:10's to my 2:08's; then finally went Hard(core) where they ran 2:08's to my 2:06's. Not sure if that's a good time but it felt pretty quick. Was a good challenge starting 16th over 4 laps at that pace. The general AI speed is indeed a little all over the place in terms of car/track choice, perhaps even more so than pCARS where the incremental slider really came in handy.

Certainly great racing to be had though and that's what I paids ma moneyz for :D

...I've probably just had the best races yet in this game thanks to the BMW 235i @ Mugello...

I absolutely love the uphill, bumpy, double right hander of Arrabiata mid way through the circuit.

It was watching someone on Youtube racing the newly added AI back in the Early Access days that completely sold me on this game. They were doing a BMW E30 spec race at Mugello, the AI were clean and fast, the sounds were great, then after seeing and hearing the chassis violently moving and creaking through Arrabiata, I immediately went and bought the Early Access demo.

I spent many glorious hours racing at this track soon after, especially in GT3 cars. The car/track combination and the physics engine were all new to me, and won me over big time. Been hooked on the game ever since.

I absolutely love the uphill, bumpy, double right hander of Arrabiata mid way through the circuit.
Oh, you must be the devil!! Do you know how many times I run wide left into the sand there?! UGH!!! I will admit, there is no sweeter feeling than taking a tricky corner perfectly. Sadly, I often get bit at that location. Overall, Mugello is a great circuit. Before getting Assetto Corsa I had never heard of it.

The games I usually played had some kind of wheel recognition and/or would let you calibrate them in-game and then save it.

You can be quick to judge my perception of racing games and the excellence of the ABS in these games, but I highly doubt that I've been playing the GT series and Project Cars with the pedals all wrong.
(in fact, GT even had the bars which showed the amount of throttle/brake you were applying and it would perfectly match the travel of the pedals).

And, after all, I've noticed something was off with AC within a few hours of playing.

In my experience that's not quite how pedal calibration works. If you go onto the track without calibrating and press them halfway, the game will read that as full braking until you press them further. If at the next corner you depress the brake fully, that becomes the new travel range of the brake and they are fully calibrated. That's probably why a lot of people don't notice it because they use full travel range pretty quickly on most tracks, especially with ABS on. G27 here.

Johnny answered this best. Probably as I said the brakes in GT and PCARS are not as sensitive. So first corner you press it 20% and the game registers that as 100%, you don't lock up and you don't notice it. Then eventually you come across a corner where you press the brakes 100%, the game finally calibrates this as 100% and you keep carrying on and never notice any problem.

With AC first corner if you press 20% and the game registers 100%, you lock up instantly so the problem is much more noticeable. Just to be safe always remember to calibrate your pedals. I should also add that I have a Logitech wheel, so I can't vouch for Thrustmaster/Fanatecs.

Mugello is a super circuit and hugely underrated. I spent a lot of time racing there in Ferrari Challenge and Supercar Challenge by Eutechnyx and it is a circuit I always want to see added to a Gran Turismo roster.

If someone described it to you as being basically 2 open hairpins and 4 chicanes you would not be too fussed but it works really well.

Mugello's a gem. It became one of my favourites in the 360-era Forzas, so I'm glad I finally have a current game to play on it again.
I used to love running a modified Datsun 510 on it with Forza 4 and had two good Formula Abarth races online last night on it.

Great circuit.

For me, Mugello is one track where the camber and gradients make it so interesting. Mod versions on PC never got close to what we get on AC's laser scan. Forza 4's version was ok but again the gradients on the most important corners weren't quite right so it had much less impact.

Marco Massarutto posted this....seems that a big patch will come soon®

8Rb7BKA.jpg

Starting to find the game for sub-£30 so this is great news. Becoming more tempting as the price continues to drop.

Well.. I did my pre order months ago, now I've got finally my "prestige edition" and really.. For me it's every single penny worth!

I tried the PC version, so i nowed what to expect from it really.

Excellent physics, FFB and tracks.and that's it.
I can spend hours with one car on one track.. And enjoy the game driving.. Maybe for certain people it isn't enough, or they expected other things more to normal game focused.

Now I'm just waiting the Japanese pack, red pack, black cat county, red bull ring,Silverstone classic, the drag strips and the Porsche DLC's to increase even more my fun!

The only thing I didn't expect and didn't like is the none inclusion of private lobby's online from launch.

But sure it will be implemented, hopefully soon.. For the rest, sure that the game will improve and add new features like the custom championships that they are working on it.

And brend,I'm sure that once you try the game, the physics, FFB you're sure will like the game a lot. :cheers:

Well.. I did my pre order months ago, now I've got finally my "prestige edition" and really.. For me it's every single penny worth!

I tried the PC version, so i nowed what to expect from it really.

Excellent physics, FFB and tracks.and that's it.
I can spend hours with one car on one track.. And enjoy the game driving.. Maybe for certain people it isn't enough, or they expected other things more to normal game focused.

Now I'm just waiting the Japanese pack, red pack, black cat county, red bull ring,Silverstone classic, the drag strips and the Porsche DLC's to increase even more my fun!

The only thing I didn't expect and didn't like is the none inclusion of private lobby's online from launch.

But sure it will be implemented, hopefully soon.. For the rest, sure that the game will improve and add new features like the custom championships that they are working on it.

And brend,I'm sure that once you try the game, the physics, FFB you're sure will like the game a lot. :cheers:
...Okay, I cracked. Just purchased it for £25. :lol: :lol:

Latest Posts

Back