Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
I thought the drag strips, like the drift track, made it into the console game already?

The Drift mode and Drift track are already in console versions.

But drag mode and drag strips aren't in it,but they where in the pre release build of the Vallelunga press meeting... So,i think more work on it was needed and will come to the game later on.

The Drift mode and Drift track are already in console versions.

But drag mode and drag strips aren't in it,but they where in the pre release build of the Vallelunga press meeting... So,i think more work on it was needed and will come to the game later on.
Maybe they are going to add those tracks when they add the false starts capability (which came to PC in v1.7 if I remember correctly, before that was Forza/GT style like AC on console today)

Maybe they are going to add those tracks when they add the false starts capability (which came to PC in v1.7 if I remember correctly, before that was Forza/GT style like AC on console today)

Yup, could be also ! That would be great.

Mugello is a super circuit and hugely underrated.

If someone described it to you as being basically 2 open hairpins and 4 chicanes you would not be too fussed but it works really well.
I agree. Mugello doesn't really have anything completely outstanding. It shows people that if the track is just well thought out and the designer doesn't try to get too fancy you can often end up with some beautiful, like Mugello. That start/finish straight is long...you can push some high speeds into corner 1, oh man...Just thinking about it!! :D :bowdown:

I used to love running a modified Datsun 510 on it with Forza 4 and had two good Formula Abarth races online last night on it.

Great circuit.
There was someone who was working on a Datsun 510 and posting status updates on the official forums. That was before the "Great Forum Closure of 2016". Several modders have disappeared since that dark day. I personally know of a couple who have completely abandoned Assetto Corsa due to that day. Extreme? I think so...People were losing their minds that day.

Hopefully we will see progress continue on the 510 - that's such a great car to push hard.
Well.. I did my pre order months ago, now I've got finally my "prestige edition" and really.. For me it's every single penny worth!

Excellent physics, FFB and tracks.and that's it.
I can spend hours with one car on one track.. And enjoy the game driving.. Maybe for certain people it isn't enough, or they expected other things more to normal game focused.
For me, this is what makes AC so wonderful. I could go weeks without even running a single race but still have the most amazing sessions. Just driving by yourself is so much fun in AC, I think. You really learn the intricacies of easy vehicle when you run even medium speed laps around a good, challenging track. In my opinion, it's the best way to learn a car. Put a lot of miles on the odometer without worrying about racing it yet. This is especially true if you're an online racer. If you're only going to crash into AI drivers then it's not nearly as big of a deal, obviously. :D

Seeing so many positive posts from the console players makes me so happy. I have gotten so much enjoyment from AC, it's great to see others fall in love with the handling and detailed cars & tracks. The launch was a disaster, but Kunos will make it right, or die trying. Marco, for those who don't know, is one of the co-founders of Kunos along with Stefano. He pretty much handles all the business side of Kunos - so if he posts something on FB or the forums, you can bet your butt you're not being fed a load of garbage.

Marco Massarutto posted this....seems that a big patch will come soon®

8Rb7BKA.jpg

Hope the much more is private lobbies.

Hope the much more is private lobbies.

What's up Karsten long time. I don't want to tell you what to do with your money Karsten, but I do know how much you love racing or even just training for a race. You owe it to yourself to try AC somehow someway especially being that you have a wheel. Believe me you won't regret it once you are actually out on the track.

Once the private lobbies do come, you will have a pretty good idea of what class of cars to use for a league.

Part of the appeal of Mugello for me, apart from the great circuit design itself, is the fact that it's buried deep within the rolling hills of the Italian countryside. Looks like a nice place to drive. That's one reason I'm looking forward the Red Bull ring too.

Part of the appeal of Mugello for me, apart from the great circuit design itself, is the fact that it's buried deep within the rolling hills of the Italian countryside. Looks like a nice place to drive. That's one reason I'm looking forward the Red Bull ring too.
Red Bull Ring is a crazy circuit. Looking at a track map it looks incredibly boring to me. Driving it is a completely different story. I struggle at that circuit. There is not much room for error. If you make a mistake you are going to pay for it dearly. Big speed, heavy braking...

I like the Red Bull Ring as well but I hope Kunos will add the additional layouts from the new and ancient variations. The old "Österreichring" is the only proper version ;)

Generally the framerate at the mo isn't too bad, but every now and then it'll suddenly hit 60fps on a certain part of the track and then you really notice the difference.

One problem I've encountered is that often after colliding into the back of someone the whole game judders momentarily then reverts back to normal. It's a strange one.

EDIT: also people will now complain that if they'd just delayed the launch by one more month it could've run without tearing or stuttering. My guess is that they knew and have been working on the optimisation for a while.

Generally the framerate at the mo isn't too bad, but every now and then it'll suddenly hit 60fps on a certain part of the track and then you really notice the difference.
About the framerate and tearing, I'll be honest: it really bothered me when watching all those videos before the game was released, but now, immersed in my driving, I don't notice a thing. Zero.

It's only when I watch PC videos that I notice how smooth the game could be.

One problem I've encountered is that often after colliding into the back of someone the whole game judders momentarily then reverts back to normal. It's a strange one.

EDIT: also people will now complain that if they'd just delayed the launch by one more month it could've run without tearing or stuttering. My guess is that they knew and have been working on the optimisation for a while.
Thing is devs cant win. They delay it= should have just released it so we can play it now then patch it later. No delay= can't believe they released it, should have delayed it. Personally I'm glad they released it.

Thing is devs cant win. They delay it= should have just released it so we can play it now then patch it later. No delay= can't believe they released it, should have delayed it. Personally I'm glad they released it.
Yeah me too, it's really quite playable in its current state, well, at least for me and the things I want to do for now, which is drive all the cars and do some tuning.

About the framerate and tearing, I'll be honest: it really bothered me when watching all those videos before the game was released, but now, immersed in my driving, I don't notice a thing. Zero.

It's only when I watch PC videos that I notice how smooth the game could be.
Don't really notice it when playing, but do in replays (which still have the stupid size cap on them - that needs fixing as well) and have to be honest it bugs me, so I'm glad its getting fixed.

I'm hoping for 1.8 so I can get my hands on the DLC cars I want. Changable track surface and choosing AI opponents would be nice as would button configuration options.

Oh how I want button configuration options! I've made great strides (at least it feels that way to me) with the advanced control options for the DS4, but give me the ability to us RS for throttle and brake and I won't ask for anything else! Please!

But it's not just those two approaches, there's a third one... Go on with release, BUT at least one week before it come out honestly before your fans with complete list of what's left undone. Complete and also with just general time-table for fixing it. And honestly as well ask for understanding and money - not to cancel pre-orders. Such atypical approach would also generate media attention, in my case positive one.

Well, in fact even as is (without ultimate honesty) I preordered season pass momentarily... :) But you know what I my point is.

What's up Karsten long time. I don't want to tell you what to do with your money Karsten, but I do know how much you love racing or even just training for a race. You owe it to yourself to try AC somehow someway especially being that you have a wheel. Believe me you won't regret it once you are actually out on the track.

Once the private lobbies do come, you will have a pretty good idea of what class of cars to use for a league.

I'm curently in a very bad situation with the factory i've worked in for 15 years closing next month and no certain future... Sure it's a small amount but i wouldn't want to waste it in case they take months to get the private lobbies needed for me to enjoy the game.

Going from the tautus formula car to the 599 fxx, was absolute crap. That 599xx felt like a 14000lb tank to drive. Absolutely awful. I do recommend coming down from the open wheel high before jumping back into a wannabe racecar
That's exactly what I did, Tatuus to the 599. Big change. The 599 is not too bad once you've tuned it to actually turn in when you want it to, just don't expect the braking to get much better though.

Back