Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Someone just told me I can pick up PCars for £15 on sale... so I'll get that and see how the wheel feels.

On a separate note... the special events are really good on AC... very difficult, like GT license tests used to be in the early versions of the game. I'm having to work pretty hard just to get to 'tier 1', and have only a few at tier 3 so far. Some I don't think I could get tier 3 until I really understand thee tuning model.
Dirt Rally is also £16 if you're interested in that.

Only 1/4th of the lap before the replay stops. What happened? :D

salt-in-the-wound1.jpg

@Stotty - I have a new G29 & have AC on PS4. I haven't noticed any problems like what you have mentioned. However, I haven't played it that much. I am having a lot of issues with recovering a car that is oversteering though, I don't usually. Like you said there doesn't seem to be much or any feeling of the wheel countersteering as the car starts to slide. I'm also using my trusty G25 pedals with NIXIM brake & clutch mods. Not noticed much difference to GT6. With FFB at 100% it feels similar to GT6, that is to say it's too light for my liking. But I have the kerbs & rumble set to 75% each & can feel them, a lot. They're probably too high for me & I will turn them down soon.

I'll have a try tonight if you wanna trouble shoot anything, different car/track combos & we'll compare notes. Just let me know in this thread, or add me on PSN if you want to.

:cheers:

For sure, the FFB on F1 2016 is so light (almost non existant) after playing AC. And now we have the Ferrari F1 cars, i think i'll be trading in my copy of the F1 game as it's not worth much now, just collecting dust.

I had gone right off Codemasters F1 games since 2013. Personally I wouldn't even call them simcade games. The handling was always so unrealistic. It felt like holding your breath with the throttle pinned everywhere and erratic steering to be fast.

Codemasters cannot beat this. Love the amount you can see of the wheels.

Did more car testing on Red Bull Ring - the two McLaren GT3 cars are undoubtably some of the stars of the game,feel so realistic!

Is it me or are the two Mercedes GT3s about a second off the pace of all the other GT3s?

Also the Sauber Mercedes LM is one of my favourites so far,just great handling and decievingly quick.

Whoa! That Porsche 919 Hybrid. That is even more fun than the F1 cars. When that recovery kicks in how tense the wheel becomes. It was rumbling the Playseat holder from the crazy speed through the turns.

Viewing the apex is nice from the right but horrible from the left. Can hardly see a thing but feel on the left. What a car though. :eek:
The 919 Hybrid 2015 is a stunning piece of kit. I had a 15 lap practice session tonight at Vallelunga testing combinations of the hybrid settings. It is a real monster yet really quite easy to drive.

Speaking of monster Porsches, I had to calm the rear of both 962C cars because they have a real habit of kicking their arse out under braking.

The Red Pack and Porsche Pack Vol II are the best DLC I have ever got for a game. So much so I really want to stay home from work tomorrow and just lap and lap and lap...

Last edited:
Rather than pricy load cell, I decided to give this goofy business a shot since it cost me $8 at the hardware store:

http://www.isrtv.com/pc-racing/diy-thrustmaster-tx-and-t300-rs-brake-pedal-mod/

Basically put a little bump stop behind the pedal. Once calibrated with a hard press of the pedal, it hits the stop right about where most cars start to lock up with warm tires. Then a firm squish gets that last 10% or so for when full brake is a good thing. I was really surprised how well it worked out. I was skeptical all the way until half way through my first lap, but apparently these guys knew what they were doing :lol:

Cool. Yeah I did a similar mod to my old DFGT pedals a few years back. Although, because those use torsion springs and not compression springs like the G series pedals, you can also easily add pre-load to the springs to make the pedals stiffer all the way through the range, so I did that as well as putting a rubber bump stop on the pedal.

A side effect of this mod is that the instances of "missed downshift bug" or downshift protection kicking in a little too obtrusively have diminished, which make sense since these events seemed to be linked to aggressive ABS intervention.

Ah nice, well that must be why I haven't encountered that bug yet, because I have all assists disabled for all cars, so I'm never using ABS.

The 919 Hybrid 2015 is a stunning piece of kit. I had a 15 lap practice session tonight at Vallelunga testing combinations of the hybrid settings. It is a real monster yet really quite easy to drive.

Speaking of monster Porsches, I had to calm the rear of both 962C cars because they have a real habit of kicking t arse out under braking.

The Red Pack and Porsche Pack Vol II are the best DLC I have ever got for a game. So much so I really want to stay home from work tomorrow and just lap and lap and lap...

Yes, love it. There simply is never enough time in the evenings.

I had gone right off Codemasters F1 games since 2013. Personally I wouldn't even call them simcade games. The handling was always so unrealistic. It felt like holding your breath with the throttle pinned everywhere and erratic steering to be fast.

Codemasters cannot beat this. Love the amount you can see of the wheels.
You're going to love it even more when you get onto the PC version in a couple of months. You can customize your "driver's eyes" in every conceivable direction and adjust the Field of View and then save each individual car differently, if you really wanted to. The flexibility is great! I really need it when I dare take out open-wheel cars.

Speaking of monster Porsches, I had to calm the rear of both 962C cars because they have a real habit of kicking t arse out under braking.

The 962C kicks out especially when you drop from 3rd to 2nd Which i really like for some reason .
Yes, love it. There simply is never enough time in the evenings.

Am i the only one who thinks the so sounds are too quiet on replays? It's as if the sound doesn't quite reach the mics.
Yup. And if you aren't happy with track camera angles...you can make your own. You're going to think you're playing a completely different game...
Damn it, i want this on console. RBR has a nice camera angle on static view on the last corner with early morning sun.

The 962C kicks out especially when you drop from 3rd to 2nd which I really like for some reason.
Yeah that's right. I was caught off guard a few times before I went back to Set-up to dial it out.

One thing that isn't helping me although I am progressing very nicely now, is that for as long as I care to remember with games I used ABS. Only since v1.11 have I changed it to Factory and now there is a period of adjustment to not relying on it.

PMSL @HammyMansell @WhoosierGirl

VBR
@Stotty - I have a new G29 & have AC on PS4. I haven't noticed any problems like what you have mentioned. However, I haven't played it that much. I am having a lot of issues with recovering a car that is oversteering though, I don't usually. Like you said there doesn't seem to be much or any feeling of the wheel countersteering as the car starts to slide. I'm also using my trusty G25 pedals with NIXIM brake & clutch mods. Not noticed much difference to GT6. With FFB at 100% it feels similar to GT6, that is to say it's too light for my liking. But I have the kerbs & rumble set to 75% each & can feel them, a lot. They're probably too high for me & I will turn them down soon.

I'll have a try tonight if you wanna trouble shoot anything, different car/track combos & we'll compare notes. Just let me know in this thread, or add me on PSN if you want to.

:cheers:

Thanks @VBR

I tried road at 50% with FF at 100% last night, but I don't like the way road feels... I'll carry on playing with the G29, but I'm also going to order a T300 while they are cheap.

You need dielectric spray lubricant in those pots, open up the pedals, disassemble every single piece and clean it, spray the pots and assemble everything, your pedals will last for years without flickering, trust me.

Hey Ramon... long time buddy. Hope things are good 👍

I think my G27 pedals could take themselves apart :lol:

Only reason they are flickering is because my wheel had sat in a corner unused for >6 months... they'll be dusty inside and just need a clean.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Played some more special events last night - the Cayman and 'Moby Dick'. Both good fun to drive... can really hang the tail out on the Cayman... not so much the 935 :lol:

I'll carry on playing with the G29, but I'm also going to order a T300 while they are cheap.
Get the GT edition, probably be more reliable and get better pedals with it which are also likely latest revision. Not much more too: £261

I'm personally waiting for the potential direct drive GT wheel from Thrustmaster before upgrading from G27, Fanatec also going to release a new high end wheel on PS4 too.

I don't know if there really is a direct drive wheel coming from Thrustmaster. I have a feeling that new wheel we all saw in the last couple of weeks -- I think that is the new wheel we heard rumors of months back. Perhaps I will be proven wrong. A direct drive won't be cheap...that's for sure. Well, if it is cheap, chances are it's cheap, if you know what I mean.

Get the GT edition, probably be more reliable and get better pedals with it which are also likely latest revision. Not much more too: £261

I'm personally waiting for the potential direct drive GT wheel from Thrustmaster before upgrading from G27, Fanatec also going to release a new high end wheel on PS4 too.

Someone told me I could use G29 pedals with the T300?

I don't know if there really is a direct drive wheel coming from Thrustmaster. I have a feeling that new wheel we all saw in the last couple of weeks -- I think that is the new wheel we heard rumors of months back. Perhaps I will be proven wrong. A direct drive won't be cheap...that's for sure. Well, if it is cheap, chances are it's cheap, if you know what I mean.
Looked a lot different than the PC wheel that just came out, has linear torque.
Someone told me I could use G29 pedals with the T300?
Need an adapter.

Back