Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Had a really good GT3 race online today at Barcelona. Cannot remember who the other two players were in the battle we had, but it was great fun, so if they are GTP members and see this, thanks, that was one of the better public server races I've had. Had to defend really hard in my GTR, made the mistake of going for medium tyres as well which with the higher tyre pressures I used were cool enough but just on the cusp of not being hot enough for optimum grip. I realised my mistake when I did another race there later in the afternoon with soft tyres on the GTR (again with higher tyre pressures especially on the left side to bring the temps down) and was 1.5-2 seconds quicker a lap.

The Nissan is not the best-suited car to Barcelona with long sweeping corners that require a much more nimble car so it was all about defending well and not making many mistakes.

Hi...I'm trying to get a bunch of replays together so I can compile a YouTube video but I keep getting hit with an exhaust glitch/bug thing. What happens is that there's a constant flame spitting out the back, instead of just when it's, yer know, supposed to.

Anybody else see this minor bug before? I'm on PS4 and yeah, it's a bit annoying.
it happens after rewinding

Oh right, cheers fellas. I did a quick google search about the exhaust bug but couldn't find absolutely anything about it. Therefore I presumed I was just unlucky or something and was gonna do the 'ol delete and reinstall procedure. I won't bother now that I know it's a 'thing' and not just a bad installation on my end.

And cheers @dolande. Now that I know what the cause is I should be able to work around it.

Hi...I'm trying to get a bunch of replays together so I can compile a YouTube video but I keep getting hit with an exhaust glitch/bug thing. What happens is that there's a constant flame spitting out the back, instead of just when it's, yer know, supposed to.

Anybody else see this minor bug before? I'm on PS4 and yeah, it's a bit annoying.
JUst quit out of the replay and go back in.

Had a really good GT3 race online today at Barcelona. Cannot remember who the other two players were in the battle we had, but it was great fun, so if they are GTP members and see this, thanks, that was one of the better public server races I've had. Had to defend really hard in my GTR, made the mistake of going for medium tyres as well which with the higher tyre pressures I used were cool enough but just on the cusp of not being hot enough for optimum grip. I realised my mistake when I did another race there later in the afternoon with soft tyres on the GTR (again with higher tyre pressures especially on the left side to bring the temps down) and was 1.5-2 seconds quicker a lap.

The Nissan is not the best-suited car to Barcelona with long sweeping corners that require a much more nimble car so it was all about defending well and not making many mistakes.
Can you save car setups on the console? If so, do they all get thrown in one folder for each car, or can you separate your saved car setups by Car & by each Track? I always have such a hard time remembering tire settings from one track to the next. I used to have a ton of setups saved and then I wiped out the folder without backing it up. :banghead:

Can you save car setups on the console? If so, do they all get thrown in one folder for each car, or can you separate your saved car setups by Car & by each Track? I always have such a hard time remembering tire settings from one track to the next. I used to have a ton of setups saved and then I wiped out the folder without backing it up. :banghead:
We can save set-ups on console. When you save one you can name it and it saves by default to your current circuit but you can save it to others too.

We can save set-ups on console. When you save one you can name it and it saves by default to your current circuit but you can save it to others too.
Ok...That's good. On the official forums we have access to a Suggestions forum. I've asked that they add a "Notes" section to the setup section of every car, so when you're tweaking your setup you can refer to it. The Notes tab would have to be the same on every track for each car. That way you could put notes specific about the car, but not track dependent. I think it's especially important because there are some cars that have certain characteristics that you might have to try and remember. With so many cars, it's not that easy. I actually started keeping a text file here for my notes about certain race cars. But, at least you can save setups that are track dependent. That's the most important thing.

I actually witnessed a ligitimate AI spin in a race which had northing to do with me! Happened in the middle of the track...i was impressed cos i didnt think incidents occured like this hehe.

Any word on console custom chanpionships??

According to Twitter, the PS4 Version will get a quick update for localization issues, so the Update with Highlands, Quattro and Private Lobbies will be 1.14

I had to delete Skyrim to make room for this tiny update. Apparently 37 GB free on the disk wasn't enough for it do the update (got a download error), even though the downloaded data - once I had cleared more disk space - went by so fast I didn't even have time to notice how small it was.

I had to delete Skyrim to make room for this tiny update. Apparently 37 GB free on the disk wasn't enough for it do the update (got a download error), even though the downloaded data - once I had cleared more disk space - went by so fast I didn't even have time to notice how small it was.
That drives me insane about PS4! I must look into it and see if there is a solution.

That drives me insane about PS4! I must look into it and see if there is a solution.

Not the first PS4 game I've run into this bizarre issue with where it requires more free space than the entire game itself, regardless of the size of the patch. But it certainly not that common I think (if I remember correctly I've been close to a full disk many times but still managed to patch many games).

I have a my hard drive half full on PS4 and its give 404 error... The update is only 81 mb I've been reading....

20170217140112.jpg

Turned on PS4, saw there was an update, got excited,quickly checked news, got unexcited! Jesus Christ it now says got no HDD space ( I have 67gigs free )
I actually witnessed a ligitimate AI spin in a race which had northing to do with me! Happened in the middle of the track...i was impressed cos i didnt think incidents occured like this hehe.

Any word on console custom chanpionships??
Try Lotus Exos at Zandvoort, many spins.

I have a question the road cars since I don't drive them as much. What exactly are the Stage versions of cars? The weight and power are the same so is it just upgraded/tune-able parts? I'm interested in some of them if they can get better tires since

I have a my hard drive half full on PS4 and its give 404 error... The update is only 81 mb I've been reading....

View attachment 628366

How odd. I never had that when I had 100GB left. Even with the 2TB, 1.77 to be exact and 300GB left nothing is getting thrown up. I do have a lot of recordings to clear out though. Think I have 400 or so GB of recordings stored.

I have a question the road cars since I don't drive them as much. What exactly are the Stage versions of cars? The weight and power are the same so is it just upgraded/tune-able parts? I'm interested in some of them if they can get better tires since
Also, can someone explain what happens at each % increment of mechanical damage? What happens at 30% but not 20%? That's stupidly detailed.

How odd. I never had that when I had 100GB left. Even with the 2TB, 1.77 to be exact and 300GB left nothing is getting thrown up. I do have a lot of recordings to clear out though. Think I have 400 or so GB of recordings stored.
Don't know what happened here... Lot of users where reporting this error....
Finaly after 2 hours and lot of errors it started to download (showing me a 10gb update) .. I cancelled,restarting the PS4 a couple of times and then it started to download correct the 81mb 1.13 update....

First time that happened in a game... All that for some "language updates" hahaha

Don't know what happened here... Lot of users where reporting this error....
Finaly after 2 hours and lot of errors it started to download (showing me a 10gb update) .. I cancelled,restarting the PS4 a couple of times and then it started to download correct the 81mb 1.13 update....

First time that happened in a game... All that for some "language updates" hahaha

You pause the download when that happens. Resume after 30 seconds or so and it downloads the update correctly.

I think they're technically referred to as "Step 1" & "Step 3", but I always call them Stage 1 or Stage 3 as you do. For a gross simplification you can think of it like, a Step 1 is a slightly modified version. It might have some additional hp, but it might not. It could be a weight reduction or maybe performance suspension. On the PC version there is usually some information that goes along with every car and inside that description area it will usually state what's been improved. Step 3 just means more severe upgrades. A substantial increase in power, weight reduction, brakes possibly, suspension, maybe LSD, etc.

Also, can someone explain what happens at each % increment of mechanical damage? What happens at 30% but not 20%? That's stupidly detailed.
I can't tell you exactly what's going on and I don't believe there is any documentation regarding each increment. The way that I think of it is: 100% is full "real life" damage. Hit a wall head on above a pre-determined speed and your car is done. Over rev the engine enough to make the engine damage indicator flash repeatedly and you're going to blow your engine. Slide sideways into a wall and you're going to have considerable body damage and possibly suspension damage, depending on the velocity you hit the wall with.

50% means all of the above stuff will also happen, but it should take approximately twice as much to cause engine failure, complete damage & failure of suspension, etc. I often drive with only 10% damage enabled because I'm not a very good driver - I crash a lot! - and I don't want to have to go back to the pits and start over because of a single mishap one third of the way through the Nordschleife. If I hit walls the damage indicator will still come on, however, it will usually only show a very light yellow in the area I just damaged. I can still get complete failure, but it's going to take quite a bit more damage to make my car undriveable. Although, even with damage set to 10% if I have a catastrophic accident, like flip my car repeatedly in a single accident my car will often be undriveable as i'll see a wheel completely sideways - so my steering is completely broken.

On the PC version there is usually some information that goes along with every car and inside that description area it will usually state what's been improved.
I get so mad when I'm remembered of these things...

I'd really love to hear an explanation from Kunos on why we can't have this information on consoles*.

It's text, ffs.

*And yes, it has been asked for, on the official forum.

I get so mad when I'm remembered of these things...

I'd really love to hear an explanation from Kunos on why we can't have this information on consoles*.

It's text, ffs.

*And yes, it has been asked for, on the official forum.

While somebody may complain lack of text description another few complains the updates and fixes aren't here fast enough. It takes time to document all those fixes for the consoles itself and fixes that would be PS4 or Xbox specifically. 3 equivalent Assetto Corsa games to try and document fixes. Quite a juggle with limited resources.

Also most games there are lots of things companies wont list on fixes. Some too long. Some not important enough. Some they may have forgotten. So many scenarios. Still takes a lot of time to go through whats all been checked, fixed and in the latest code for release.

While somebody may complain lack of text description another few complains the updates and fixes aren't here fast enough. It takes time to document all those fixes for the consoles itself and fixes that would be PS4 or Xbox specifically. 3 equivalent Assetto Corsa games to try and document fixes. Quite a juggle with limited resources.

Also most games there are lots of things companies wont list on fixes. Some too long. Some not important enough. Some they may have forgotten. So many scenarios. Still takes a lot of time to go through whats all been checked, fixed and in the latest code for release.
Let me rephrase: I'd like to know why this hasn't been directly ported from the PC version in the first place.

And even as an update/fix, come on, half a year has passed and we're on version #13. This isn't on consoles simply because they don't want it to be.

It could be incorrect text, if you check the abarth, F40, Audi sport quattro step versions they all have more power. Gonna see if there's a difference with the other ones.

EDIT: on the 458 you can select street tyres or semi slick, on the step version you have a choice of Trofeo tyres too. Didn't check but the step version felt like it had some tuning, speed on the straight was the same.

EDIT 2: on the 458 step you have more tuning options, you can tune ARB and dampers.

Last edited:
It could be incorrect text, if you check the abarth, F40, Audi sport quattro step versions they all have more power. Gonna see if there's a difference with the other ones.

EDIT: on the 458 you can select street tyres or semi slick, on the step version you have a choice of Trofeo tyres too. Didn't check but the step version felt like it had some tuning, speed on the straight was the same.

EDIT 2: on the 458 step you have more tuning options, you can tune ARB and dampers.
That 458 step is a great car because of this. It's good that they've put some step versions in the game.

Back