Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
It's good that they've put some step versions in the game.

Sure, but I think it would be seriously great if the step, tuned and drift versions didn't clutter the car selection menus like they currently do... Take BMW for example. I'd say hide them in a way which clearly suggests the availability of multiple choices.

That 458 step is a great car because of this. It's good that they've put some step versions in the game.
I hadn't tried it until today, amazing how you can feel the difference in the same car with small chances
I agree that they're good fun. I don't drive them too often because I usually love their base parent car so much, but it's nice that the option is there. Another difference with the Step 1-Step 3 cars is often paint job/skin differences (this is for the person who originally asked what the differences are). Sometimes you'll see some interesting skins on normally reserved vehicles, like the BMW E92 M3.

It was either Stefano or Aris who explained the deal with these "Step X" cars a while back, I think. I wish I could remember what they said. I think it was in reference to someone asking a question like, "Why don't we have more Step X cars?" I'll try to see if I can find the response I'm thinking of.

Also, I'm sure you've noticed that sometimes they use the word "Tuned" instead of "Step 1" or "Step 3". The Japanese Pack is a good example of that - the RX-7 comes to mind immediately. I believe there is also a "Tuned" AE86 from Toyota, if I'm not mistaken. Why didn't they refer to those vehicles as Step X cars? There is a reason...I just can't remember at the moment.

The only Step vehicle that I can actually say that I dislike is the Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera S3. What's the HP on that thing? 1200? They're probably trying to mimic the Underground Racing Twin Turbo Gallardo, or something like that. I would have preferred if they gave us a mock Balboni Edition by removing the wing and making it a RWD Gallardo! Alas, they never listen to me and my wants and needs... :sly: :lol:

Hey! It looks like private lobbies should be appearing in the next update, eh? What's the Over/Under on the number of bugs related to private lobbies? :banghead:

I just read your FACTOR league page. Hopefully Kunos will include Timed Races in your next update along with the private lobbies. PC version finally got online timed races, so it should be making its way to console. 👍

Would be nice but not a problem rounding up to nearest lap just blow the dust of the calculator.:)

@Bobert power

@Stotty -- I would play around with the starting air pressures if they're overheating that quickly.

EDIT: I forgot to say...I love that Porsche 718 RS 60 Spyder too. In fact, it seems like I enjoy almost every single old car in this game (made by Kunos).

Slight delay in replying as I've been away all weekend at family.

I managed to gold the R event at Barcelona after reading some posts on the AC forums on settings (quite comfortably in the end)... changing damper rates and using medium tyres. But the car still requires a very careful approach to stop the rear tyres overheating - ie; no sliding the car at all!

For 2 similar cars on paper, the R and GT3 behave very differently... where the R requires precision, you can literally drive the wheels off the GT3, pushing it or backing it in to corners, and drifting it on exits... it really is a wonderful thing... at this moment, it's by far my favorite modern racing car in the game.

The old cars are awesome - but the target times for the events are disappointingly easy. I golded both the Maserati hotlap events on my 1st lap. Hoping the race events are a bit more challenging.

9cnibYd.jpg

Well...by surprise i found an UDP app working with Assetto Corsa on the PlayStation 4 even knowing that Kunos didn't officially offered compatibility.
The app is named "RevCounter-aCorsa dashboard" and is available for Android phones or tablets.

It a really simple one, only offering RMP bar,gear, TC,ABS,speed, actual lap and best lap times.

To make the app working it's quite easy.. Once you open the app it will ask your IP address.
Here you put your PS4 IP address and click on "update"
You open Assetto Corsa and once you are on the track in box yo hit the "open dashboard" button on the app...
Do an full acceleration in neutral gear so the app detect the game.

Enjoy!

Once you exit the event /hotlap / race.. The connection stops..and once you entered other event you only have to hit again the "enter dashboard" on the app to make it work again.

Here i let the link to the app on Google play store.(BTW.. It's free)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...rsa&pcampaignid=APPU_1_nS-rWKaTHMmfgAaV2a24Ag

There's not many sim racing apps out there for iOS, probably due to the more rigorous approval process (just a guess). I only know of two that work for AC (Sin:Speed and DashPi) and both are somewhat basic and not really customizable.

Glad I have both even though I have an old Android, Jellybean 4.22.

Whats the really good detailed apps for these?

Glad I have both even though I have an old Android, Jellybean 4.22.

Whats the really good detailed apps for these?

Dash Meter Pro is the go-to, there's another one I think I'd prefer but I forget the name of it. I've never looked into any others but I think there are more out there, and I think you can download some "mod" ones from the AC forum.

Glad there are two for the iPad. Fast Dash by Danny Aad which is free and AC Dashboard by Alessandro Cocco for £2.99 which looks a little interesting.

I think this is the one from Alessandro.

Need to design placement holders for this. Currently building the steering column.

Didn't see it for IOS mate... Sorry..i'm now looking for more apps..
Tomorrow i will try "fast dash for Assetto Corsa" in TCP mode that makes the connection with the IP address like the one that i posted above and worked...

This One is also free but have a bit more of information... I don’t know if there's a version for iOS also.... But first i have to see if it works on PS4...

Well...by surprise i found an UDP app working with Assetto Corsa on the PlayStation 4 even knowing that Kunos didn't officially offered compatibility.
The app is named "RevCounter-aCorsa dashboard" and is available for Android phones or tablets.

It a really simple one, only offering RMP bar,gear, TC,ABS,speed, actual lap and best lap times.

To make the app working it's quite easy.. Once you open the app it will ask your IP address.
Here you put your PS4 IP address and click on "update"
You open Assetto Corsa and once you are on the track in box yo hit the "open dashboard" button on the app...
Do an full acceleration in neutral gear so the app detect the game.

Enjoy!

Once you exit the event /hotlap / race.. The connection stops..and once you entered other event you only have to hit again the "enter dashboard" on the app to make it work again.

Here i let the link to the app on Google play store.(BTW.. It's free)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meat.zkirtaem.revcounter&hl=es&referrer=utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_term=revcounter-acorsa&pcampaignid=APPU_1_nS-rWKaTHMmfgAaV2a24Ag

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the benefit of it?! I can already see all those in the game already!

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the benefit of it?! I can already see all those in the game already!
While this particular app is not a whole lot of use, the main benefit is that it should lead to more indepth apps in the future. Unless Sony demand the ability to host such apps is patched out as it is not officially sanctioned currently.

Interesting that it just works... No clue why they kept it hidden from us.

They simply don't know. Stefano spoke on the forums and said that the code is in the game, it only needs to be worked. Seems it doesn't even needs to be worked, although official support would help a lot.

While this particular app is not a whole lot of use, the main benefit is that it should lead to more indepth apps in the future. Unless Sony demand the ability to host such apps is patched out as it is not officially sanctioned currently.

No? It helps to declutter your screen. You just know some will grass them up though. :/

I can confirm it works fine with an Android tablet and PS4.

I have two very important uses for it:

1) I drive with bonnet cam view and I can now have the Tacho centred in front of me so I no longer need to look to right hand side. That was the singularly the best thing about PCARS, being able to move all the onscreen stuff to where I liked it

2) I use a 65" plasma and it stops screen burn. I can still see the outline of the two dials from GT5/6 :-(

The bonuses are it is also quite pleasant that I can also dim the tablet screen so that the tacho is unobtrusive in my field of view and it is easier to read than the inaccurate thing Kunos has chosen to include.

I see dashpi for iOS works for Pcars on PS4. It actually looks pretty good. Anyone have the nards to pay the $4 and see if it works on AC?

I can confirm it works fine with an Android tablet and PS4.

I have two very important uses for it:

1) I drive with bonnet cam view and I can now have the Tacho centred in front of me so I no longer need to look to right hand side. That was the singularly the best thing about PCARS, being able to move all the onscreen stuff to where I liked it

2) I use a 65" plasma and it stops screen burn. I can still see the outline of the two dials from GT5/6 :-(

The bonuses are it is also quite pleasant that I can also dim the tablet screen so that the tacho is unobtrusive in my field of view and it is easier to read than the inaccurate thing Kunos has chosen to include.

Assuming you don't pick a car with a bright silver or white bonnet. :D

What Plasma? Samsung F8500? Or one of the Panasonic VTs...

I thought Assetto Corsa was bad for quitters. God!111 Had been playing Uncharted 4 Survival mode on Prison. Endless deaths, so near the end collecting all the treasures 5 left and they all quit because some of them arsed about. So many damn quitters.

Back