Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Don't get me wrong, there are dozens of modern cars that I really like, but for some reason I really love the older cars. Street cars or race cars...I love almost all of 'em. Those old cars really have personalities.

Because they are constantly trying to kill you ;-) That's probably why we love 'em so much.

What I miss most from GT5/6 is the old American Muscle cars. I have had some of my best ever online races in those.

@TT92 and other PS4 user, I apologize, I got carried away, as like you I enjoy those big cars, nothing fancy or subtle about them, they are bold and noisy. So many different type of cars to race and so little time.
I would find it to restrictive to play on console, that is why I have never regretted my move to PC a few years back and it is so often the answer to some question or concern I see in certain thread, for someone like you, obviously into riding and driving, it is a logical next step, the only real question is when.:D

@TT92 and other PS4 user, I apologize, I got carried away, as like you I enjoy those big cars, nothing fancy or subtle about them, they are bold and noisy. So many different type of cars to race and so little time.
I would find it to restrictive to play on console, that is why I have never regretted my move to PC a few years back and it is so often the answer to some question or concern I see in certain thread, for someone like you, obviously into riding and driving, it is a logical next step, the only real question is when.:D
The biggest problem with moving to PC is that all of my real friends are on PS4. Still i will eventually get a PC to race on when my console peasant friends are offline.

The biggest problem with moving to PC is that all of my real friends are on PS4. Still i will eventually get a PC to race on when my console peasant friends are offline.

I hear you, not saying it fixes everything, sounds to me that all you guys, meaning you and your real friends, assuming real refers to IRL, people your know in person, all moving to PC would be a nice group project that would be fun to tackle as a group. Or not, Just saying. :D
I am actually jealous of you as none of my real friends have any interest in PC or console gaming and even less SIM driving.

I hear you, not saying it fixes everything, sounds to me that all you guys, meaning you and your real friends, assuming real refers to IRL, people your know in person, all moving to PC would be a nice group project that would be fun to tackle as a group. Or not, Just saying. :D
I am actually jealous of you as none of my real friends have any interest in PC or console gaming and even less SIM driving.
Yea my real life friends I've hung out with for the lat 20 years. Getting them to move to PC is impossible, they're all firmly PlayStation boys. I wouldn't call them sim racers either, we've always played GT together, we even use to drag 3 TVs, 3 PlayStations and 3 copies of GT to a designated house and do a Le Mans with driver swaps. Was really great fun. They are generally into pick up and play games, However i have got them on to AC and they're loving it and how challenging it is. I'm hoping it will give them a thirst to move on to a wheel, but i suspect the lobbies need to drop before there's a chance of that happening.

No need for an apology, hence the smiley.

I was a PC user that migrated to PS3 and now PS4 and like lancia delta hf all my RL friends are into consoles as well.

The chances of me going back to PC are very slim indeed, mainly because my RL friends are mostly computer illiterate or have Macs. Also I do not miss the constant upgrade regime and the constant hunt for new drivers all the time ;-)

PS3/4s are very user friendly and the ultimate plug 'n' play devices.

I also suspect once GT Sport finally drops later this year and *IF* it is any good we will all end up back there anyway.

As good as AC is it has really missed the boat with capturing a lot of the potential PS4 market with its ridiculous notion of not including custom lobbies from day one. As far as PS4 users are concerned it has very nearly done it's dash and unless Kunos starts to magically pull rabbits out of hats it will just fade into obscurity very quickly. I believe it is even happening now, online public lobbies are very underpopulated at the moment.

The first week of April is nearly over and we have still heard nothing about update 1.14 and custom lobbies supposedly being here mid-April.

The first week of April is nearly over and we have still heard nothing about update 1.14 and custom lobbies supposedly being here mid-April.
Kunos said the update was to be submitted to the platform holders by the end of March. Assuming that happened we should see it by mid-April as you said. When they get a date they always tell us. No company keep us up to date regarding every little step of this process.

As you point out @TT92 Kunos had it made. They have a one YEAR head start on GTSport and they went ahead and blew it, in my opinion. Now, I don't think online lobbies on day one would convert a lot of people from GTSport exclusively to AC, but they would have developed a very sizeable crowd. Heck, since the fiasco that GT6 turned out to be people have been itching for a reason to ditch Gran Turismo. With the delay of GTSport, imagine if online lobbies worked since Day One and let's pretend a few other head scratcher's were fixed - like the ability to customize your controller. People would be 8 months into their Assetto Corsa leagues and who knows, maybe a good portion would have decided to stick with it. I predict as soon as GTSport releases, this thread is a ghost town. It affects me none, but it's a real shame that they had a golden opportunity and missed it by a mile.

As you point out @TT92 Kunos had it made. They have a one YEAR head start on GTSport and they went ahead and blew it, in my opinion. Now, I don't think online lobbies on day one would convert a lot of people from GTSport exclusively to AC, but they would have developed a very sizeable crowd. Heck, since the fiasco that GT6 turned out to be people have been itching for a reason to ditch Gran Turismo. With the delay of GTSport, imagine if online lobbies worked since Day One and let's pretend a few other head scratcher's were fixed - like the ability to customize your controller. People would be 8 months into their Assetto Corsa leagues and who knows, maybe a good portion would have decided to stick with it. I predict as soon as GTSport releases, this thread is a ghost town. It affects me none, but it's a real shame that they had a golden opportunity and missed it by a mile.
The plus side is, at least Kunos know what not to mess up for AC2. The down side is that they may not want to release on console again.

Also don't forget they had a bucket load of PS4 users that were itching to move away from PCARS as well. Several of my friends that were waiting for AC went out bought PCARS as soon as it was discovered there were no customisable lobbies. So now if I want to race with them I have to go back to PCARS and re-learn the physics again :-(

Yes I have talked a couple of them into AC and we have tried using the public lobbies BUT what a fiasco in having to stop and kick innocent people out all the time. It makes me feel very guilty and I hate it when it happens to me. AC is teaching people to be very antisocial :-(

What a lot of non-PS4 users don't realise is that it costs us A$69.00 per year for a PS Plus subscription to be able to play on-line. AC currently adds no value to this. Who in their right mind would pay money to be subjected to the dreadful public lobby behaviour we currently have? Who would pay money to NOT be able to play with your own friends in cars of your choice at tracks of your choice?

IMHO AC has one last chance to make amends and then we may as well wait for GT Sport and PCARS 2. At least we know they will both have their online fairly well sorted.

It just goes to show how out of touch Kunos is with the community. Unbelievable really. THey've lost their one chance already so when/if AC2 comes out...it ain't gonna rake in the people that it could have. Esp the people who bought it at launch and moved on, dissapointed. That's for sure.

The plus side is, at least Kunos know what not to mess up for AC2. The down side is that they may not want to release on console again.

They've been working hard to learn consoles. I'm sure they don't want to let the experience fade to nothing over time.

Dont think so. Their new owners wanna see profit. And knowing that like 3 People made the console port it will not be expensive.
Three very good posts. Kunos knew they were jumping into the pacific ocean with a blindfold on when they decided to port to console. Over on the official forums, before a Console section was built, they would often refer to it as an "experiment". I believe the referred to it as an experiment because A)They had no experience in developing console software at that point. Remember, at that point they had 1 human being who wrote code. Not even 2...just 1. B)They were uncertain how a sim like Assetto Corsa would be received on consoles in the first place (assuming it worked the way it should). They showed their lack of console racing game knowledge solely by excluding the ability for a person to control a lobby. That's like Rule #1...otherwise you better have the world's best, error-free AI and the most incredible Career Mode ever imagined. The purchase my Digital Bros. leads me to believe there 100% will be an AC2 on the console.

Also don't forget they had a bucket load of PS4 users that were itching to move away from PCARS as well.
( SNIPPED )
IMHO AC has one last chance to make amends and then we may as well wait for GT Sport and PCARS 2. At least we know they will both have their online fairly well sorted.
Ahh...I did forget about that. Thanks for reminding me. They had a potential user base dying for an awesome racing/driving sim on the PS4 - PD hadn't delivered anything in years for the PS4 and there were many PCars players who were looking for something different -- even if that difference was just a big street car stable of cars. When PCars 2 comes out even a lot of people who like AC are going to probably move to PCars 2 just because it's a newer generation of game with more bells & whistles. AC had a window of opportunity to wow a lot of people and I think they failed to wow a huge percentage of those people.
It just goes to show how out of touch Kunos is with the community. Unbelievable really. THey've lost their one chance already so when/if AC2 comes out...it ain't gonna rake in the people that it could have. Esp the people who bought it at launch and moved on, dissapointed. That's for sure.
AC2 on console will definitely take a lot more than positive reviews to make people come back - those who left AC1 because of the lack of private lobbies and didn't even come back once they were installed. Those people are going to need to be majorly impressed. It's the exact opposite of Gran Turismo. GTSport is going to sell millions of copies because "Gran Turismo". Assetto Corsa doesn't come close to GT in terms of player loyalty. And that's to be expected at this point in history.

Last edited:
THey've lost their one chance already so when/if AC2 comes out...it ain't gonna rake in the people that it could have. Esp the people who bought it at launch and moved on, dissapointed. That's for sure.

PCars had a disastrous first six months of life but it managed to turn around and now a lot of people seem to enjoy it and even people like me who didn't care for it are quite eager to see what PCars2 brings. GT6 was also pretty poor at launch (and for most of the first year IMO) with promised stuff missing but people still love it and are eager for GTS. Don't see any reason why the same wouldn't apply to AC2. I agree that they'll need to step it up big time and bring a lot to the table on launch but if they do that then people will forget about the sins of the first title.

PCars had a disastrous first six months of life but it managed to turn around and now a lot of people seem to enjoy it and even people like me who didn't care for it are quite eager to see what PCars2 brings. GT6 was also pretty poor at launch (and for most of the first year IMO) with promised stuff missing but people still love it and are eager for GTS. Don't see any reason why the same wouldn't apply to AC2. I agree that they'll need to step it up big time and bring a lot to the table on launch but if they do that then people will forget about the sins of the first title.

PCARS is better than it was at launch. AC is still behind on console and it's been a year. AC left a bad taste on console. Poorly done. GT6 at least had things to do, 1200 cars...laser scanned this and that...Right now...GT6 is pretty complete...start the game from scratch and you'll be reminded of everything they added to the game...track editor, data logger, Senna mode and cars, Vision, ETC

PCARS is better than it was at launch. AC is still behind on console and it's been a year. AC left a bad taste on console. Poorly done. GT6 at least had things to do, 1200 cars...laser scanned this and that...Right now...GT6 is pretty complete...start the game from scratch and you'll be reminded of everything they added to the game...track editor, data logger, Senna mode and cars, Vision, ETC

Mmm....assetto was launched on 26th August 2016 in EU and 29th August 2016 in EEUU...
That is 7 months....not a year.

For sure AC is a quite different version instead of a port on console than it is on PC.

But you can't compare the money and workers kunos has in comparison with Polyphony.

For sure GT6 has 1200 cars....but less of 400 are premium... Sound side, physics side it's quite behind assetto for example.

The two games also aims a different kind of users.

GT6 lacked a lot of things, and was below other realeses of the saga... For me GT3 and 4 are quite better than GT6 globally... And for a studio with this amount of resources... They should be better as they show today.

What kunos achieved with less recourses and only 3 people making a console "port" is more easy to forgive... In my point of view.
Now only have to see how the game finish on the end of his support, which is still quite far away.

None game is perfect and match real life.
Just stay with the game that make you happy and enjoy the most.

They've been working hard to learn consoles. I'm sure they don't want to let the experience fade to nothing over time.

Dont think so. Their new owners wanna see profit. And knowing that like 3 People made the console port it will not be expensive.
I hope that's the case.

It's easy to inflict amnesia upon gamers, after how poor GT5 was PDI then release an even more disappointing GT6, yet people are excited for GTS because pretty graphics whilst in reality looks even more disappointing than GT6 to me. Pcars was also trashed but people are excited for Pcars2.

Exactly.

1200 cars, of which i used about 5 because they all felt the same and\ or had annoying sounds. Terrible AI, terrible career mode,terrible netcode, terrible game! You say the game is complete but it took 2 years to add features that were delayed from launch to "soon after launch" and some things were just never added. Senna mode was pure half assed like most things with PDI.

You paint a very pretty picture but it's funny you suggest starting GT6 from scratch and see how much they added, try doing that with Assetto when it has been out for 12 months (actual 12 months not your version of 12 months) let alone trying it after the 2 years it took PDI to "Complete" GT6. Try not to move the goal posts when you try my suggestion.

@ALB123 Your post above quotes me for saying what @gladbecker82 said. No big deal since I can relate to his point, but I think it deserves an edit. 👍
I don't know what the heck happened. I don't know if you noticed, but I said "Three very good posts..." yet for some reason only 2 quotes were showing up and your username got attached to someone else's quote. I noticed a bracket "[" was missing somehow. It must have been my mistake, but I don't know how. It doesn't even matter now, I've fixed it. Thank you for pointing out the mistake. Sorry about that. Strange...

So August to April is a year now? #fakenews

What exactly is laser scanned in GT6? As far as I know, very little (if anything at all) is laser scanned in that game.
Bathurst, Goodwood. There may be others, think Brands too

You say the game is complete but it took 2 years to add features that were delayed from launch to "soon after launch" and some things were just never added. Senna mode was pure half assed like most things with PDI.

What did you expect with the senna update? 24hrs of Lemans? Did you even gold any of the races? If you had you'd get nice prize cars which you can use online, set up your own championships. IIRC some people did exactly that. How was Senna assed? What did you expect. Please tell me, the curiosity is killing me!!!!

1200 cars, of which i used about 5 because they all felt the same

My friend, either you use a controller or you do not know what you are talking about. Cars are different in handling and significantly so. Take the Chaparall 2J for a spin then go drive the Tank car. My friend you have no idea what you're talking about. Trying 5 similar cars for 5 minutes and claiming everything feels the same is more than an outlandish generalization, it's ignorance.

Mmm....assetto was launched on 26th August 2016 in EU and 29th August 2016 in EEUU...
That is 7 months....not a year.

For sure AC is a quite different version instead of a port on console than it is on PC.

But you can't compare the money and workers kunos has in comparison with Polyphony.

For sure GT6 has 1200 cars....but less of 400 are premium... Sound side, physics side it's quite behind assetto for example.

The two games also aims a different kind of users.

GT6 lacked a lot of things, and was below other realeses of the saga... For me GT3 and 4 are quite better than GT6 globally... And for a studio with this amount of resources... They should be better as they show today.

What kunos achieved with less recourses and only 3 people making a console "port" is more easy to forgive... In my point of view.
Now only have to see how the game finish on the end of his support, which is still quite far away.

None game is perfect and match real life.
Just stay with the game that make you happy and enjoy the most.

May be more easy to forgive, but tell that to the people with Playstations who won't touch AC anymore. For them, AC was a complete waste for AAA price.

Last edited:
Bathurst, Goodwood. There may be others, think Brands too

Bathurst, probably. Goodwood, it's a novelty so who cares. I see nothing saying Brands was. So that's one useful laser scanned track, as opposed to ~80-90% of the tracks in AC being laser scanned. You're right, that one laser scanned track totally makes up for the useless AI, useless offline mode, horrible network stability, and 800 cars without interiors. Kunos should definitely take note!

Bathurst, probably. Goodwood, it's a novelty so who cares. I see nothing saying Brands was. So that's one useful laser scanned track, as opposed to ~80-90% of the tracks in AC being laser scanned. You're right, that one laser scanned track totally makes up for the useless AI, useless offline mode, horrible network stability, and 800 cars without interiors. Kunos should definitely take note!

I never implied it did. I never implied anything you're talking about. You're making it up.

So you're going to discredit Goodwood cause it's not avaliable in online? ok. One less thing for you to do, that the game provides. Hence me telling you there are things you can do, but of course, for you everything has to be laser scanned or it's useless right?

I for one am perfectly fine with Silverstone, Brands, Nurburgring in it's current state, but for you it's never good enough. Apples and oranges, case closed.

I never implied it did. I never implied anything you're talking about. You're making it up.

So you're going to discredit Goodwood cause it's not avaliable in online? ok. One less thing for you to do, that the game provides. Hence me telling you there are things you can do, but of course, for you everything has to be laser scanned or it's useless right?

I for one am perfectly fine with Silverstone, Brands, Nurburgring in it's current state, but for you it's never good enough. Apples and oranges, case closed.

WTF are you on about? You're the one who brought up laser-scanning as a reason GT6 was superior (ignoring the fact that very little in GT6 is laser scanned). You're the one who implied that because after one year six months AC isn't perfect it's rubbish and nobody will buy the sequel, yet also claimed that GT6 and Pcars are superior and "complete" even though they both took six months or longer to reach this "complete" state and lots of people are excited about their sequels despite this. I discredit Goodwood because it's a one minute run up a slight incline, it's fun a few times and that's about it, it's certainly not a feature I would specifically buy a game for and after the first month it came out I don't think I ever drove on it again. I never said anything about the state of Silverstone, Brands, or Nuburgring so you're inserting words into my mouth there, nor do I have a problem with non-laser-scanned tracks so I'm not sure where you pulled that falsehood from. I have no problems with criticizing/bashing AC, I have a long list of complaints if you'd like to review them but they're all based on facts and not nonsense I pulled out of thin-air.

Back