Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Bad news guys, via Facebook:

View attachment 641066

As politicians often say, "A good day to bury bad news" (Easter). The wait continues.....Still needs to be (re)submitted......

Mmm... Well...mmm...

at-work-cookie-monster.gif

We keep waiting then....

Meanwhile Kazonuri in PD headquarters reading this news.....

9ypMH.gif

image.jpg

The face of Kunos in reply:

48a02bd5a8ea59b5a3c191bf8c2acac8.gif

:sly::lol:
Samuel L Jackson in eightful eight?
Samuel_L_Jackson_0.jpg

Good film...better actor! :)
:cheers:

Meanwhile on the assetto's support forum the 505 community manager replied that they are still aiming for an April release...
Didn't they said once that the submission in Sony & Microsoft takes more than a couple of weeks??! 💡
:boggled:

giphy_1.gif

Just to be crystal clear on this point I had already purchased the game here in Australia when Kunos announced via Facebook (IIRC) that customisable lobbies were not included. I should also like to point out hat Kunos's Official web site *STILL* states that online is fully customisable for PS4.

So please explain to me where I failed in my due diligence before I parted with my hard earned cash?

While we are at it, why not take your same sarcasm and post on the official forums how you are sick and tired of hearing how hard it is for Kunos to port the game to console?

Also I am not the one that has over promised, under delivered and is now trying to make excuses either!
Clearly you didn't do your homework.
It was announced before launch. So are we done now? Perhaps you should get Twitter

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Assetto-Corsa-doesnt-have-private-online-lobbies-on-console

Last edited:
Didn't they said once that the submission in Sony & Microsoft takes more than a couple of weeks??!

I believe there was one that hit the PS4 in just under a week from the time they said they submitted it (iirc it took another week or so to hit XBone). I think it mostly has to do with how many approvals are in front of them, if the queue is long it may take two weeks but if it is short it might get through in a few days.

I believe there was one that hit the PS4 in just under a week from the time they said they submitted it (iirc it took another week or so to hit XBone). I think it mostly has to do with how many approvals are in front of them, if the queue is long it may take two weeks but if it is short it might get through in a few days.
Well.... Lets see what happens... This update seems quite a biggie... And make a new network for the personalised lobbies has to be quite some work also..

From what Stefano said two weeks ago it would include the 911 RSR, the 2 Mazda, the audi,the m4 akropovic and gallardo S3, more VoF options, Highlands track, all cars on V10 tyre model,physics equaled up to PC version (1.13) and specific console version bug fixes.

Clearly you didn't do your homework.
It was announced before launch. So are we done now? Perhaps you should get Twitter

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Assetto-Corsa-doesnt-have-private-online-lobbies-on-console

Announced =/= responding to a single fan on Twitter (or that being reported on by a third party news site).

@TT92 makes a very valid point: he looked at the official site. It's not unreasonable to expect accurate information there, and one should not be expected to hunt down any scrap on social media to see if that's changed.

Well.... Lets see what happens... This update seems quite a biggie... And make a new network for the personalised lobbies has to be quite some work also..

From what Stefano said two weeks ago it would include the 911 RSR, the 2 Mazda, the audi,the m4 akropovic and gallardo S3, more VoF options, Highlands track, all cars on V10 tyre model,physics equaled up to PC version (1.13) and specific console version bug fixes.
Championships got confirmed by someone official around that time as well.

Yup, true! I think that it was Stefano also ho mentioned it.

Yes.

it really isn't a secret isn't it? I've already commented about it, the main highlights are:

- Custom lobbies (I don't like the term private because they are not necessarily private, they can be public too)
- Championships
- V10 on all cars and all physics updated to the current PC version (1.13)
- All cars currently available on PC (1.13)

On the top of this there will be console specific bug fixes that I am not aware of because I am not directly involved.

Announced =/= responding to a single fan on Twitter (or that being reported on by a third party news site).

@TT92 makes a very valid point: he looked at the official site. It's not unreasonable to expect accurate information there, and one should not be expected to hunt down any scrap on social media to see if that's changed.
Right, and Twitter isn't a valid site? Neither is the third party VVV ? Was it posted, reported on before release on a sight other than Facebook or here? I'm not happy either. We get it. It's coming, don't get your blood pressure up.

Right, and Twitter isn't a valid site? Neither is the third party VVV ? Was it posted, reported on before release on a sight other than Facebook or here? I'm not happy either. We get it. It's coming, don't get your blood pressure up.

Were you similarly tripping over yourself to defend Polyphony when the course creator kept getting pushed further and further back? Because this is basically the same situation (though "only" eight months in, so far).

Were you similarly tripping over yourself to defend Polyphony when the course creator kept getting pushed further and further back? Because this is basically the same situation (though "only" eight months in, so far).
Polyphony and course creator? Uhm ok ? Perhaps the wrong guy I think.

Thank you for that SlipZtrEm I was not going to reply directly to killerjimbag and so save an argument.

For the record, I actually picked my disc from the store at UTC +8 09:05am 25/08/16 which is only a few hours after that personal exchange on Twitter anyway.

As we are all well aware the official website still indicates that fully customisable multiplayer options are available for the game and this is now 8 months later :-(

Hopefully more goodies we haven't heard about too.
Twitter is in no way valid. You might have to scroll through 100 tweets to search for your answer, and how many tweets must one scroll passed before they decide it hasn't been tweeted? Tweeting the question may not get an answer either. Twitter and facebook are for people who use them. An official website is the face of the product or company and that is the only place a customer should be expected to visit for product info.

Hopefully more goodies we haven't heard about too.
Twitter is in no way valid. You might have to scroll through 100 tweets to search for your answer, and how many tweets must one scroll passed before they decide it hasn't been tweeted? Tweeting the question may not get an answer either. Twitter and facebook are for people who use them. An official website is the face of the product or company and that is the only place a customer should be expected to visit for product info.
Right and coming here and complaining about it is going to do what? They do have their own official forum, correct? That's why what developer is on this forum answering questions here as opposed to their official forum! Yeah I get it. It works good for some, not so good for others. Hell if you piss someone off enough they give you a car sponsorship and access to the game. Funny how that works.

As we are all well aware the official website still indicates that fully customisable multiplayer options are available for the game and this is now 8 months later :-(

I think you mean to say "as some people believe". I've said it before, I'm not convinced the official website says that multiplayer is fully customizable. Read it carefully and you may notice a comma that makes an important distinction between what's "fully customizable" and what isn't. Anyway, what the hell is there to argue over? Custom lobbies are just around the corner.

I think you mean to say "as some people believe". I've said it before, I'm not convinced the official website says that multiplayer is fully customizable. Read it carefully and you may notice a comma that makes an important distinction between what's "fully customizable" and what isn't. Anyway, what the hell is there to argue over? Custom lobbies are just around the corner.

Could be worse. The pressure was so high they released it 2 weeks ago then all you'd hear from most of the console players... Kunos sux!1 Buggy POS! Fix ur sheet d00dz!

Could be worse. The pressure was so high they released it 2 weeks ago then all you'd hear from most of the console players... Kunos sux!1 Buggy POS! Fix ur sheet d00dz!
Mmm... I Bet that this will happen anyway :sly:

1 little bug in the code....1 fix...2 little bugs in the code :D

I did choose my words very carefully there. I believe it says one thing and you believe it says another based solely on the position of a comma. I know that and I have had the discussion previously about it and have seen many posts on it. *BUT* you are fully aware that it "indicates" what I believe it to mean.

What I have tried to convey by using the word "indicates" is that it is vague in its actual meaning which has led to confusion. The cynics among us would believe it is deliberate while others may accept it is just a translation error from Italian. Regardless Kunos has not amended it in the intervening 8 months to clarify it.

It has now become a moot point anyway ;-)

Right and coming here and complaining about it is going to do what? They do have their own official forum, correct? That's why what developer is on this forum answering questions here as opposed to their official forum! Yeah I get it.

Please correct me if I wrong but I could swear that GTplanet was here for members to discuss relevant topics in relation to the racing games that we are interested in? Or do you only want to hear "fanboys" talk gushingly about how good all games are?

As opposed to official forums where people get banned for criticising a game this forum usually has a very balanced and open discussion that I particularly like.

Just do it. Go play something else and forget about Assetto Corsa.
I do play other stuff. Ac is currently unplayable in any serious or organized way online and i love vgs and used to collect them since the '90s.

No way I would drop my favourite hobby due to a single incomplete game that some blind people defend even worse that pd fans ever did with gt6. Tastes in live and in vgs are not stuff to debate about, but one has to grow up and actually see a game or developers fault, like I.do with pd, sms, kunos, square-enix, capcom, triace etc etc.

Thanks for you smart post and remark, I'm sure you felt really cool after it. :D i

It made you look badass.

I do play other stuff. Ac is currently unplayable in any serious or organized way online and i love vgs and used to collect them since the '90s.

No way I would drop my favourite hobby due to a single incomplete game that some blind people defend even worse that pd fans ever did with gt6. Tastes in live and in vgs are not stuff to debate about, but one has to grow up and actually see a game or developers fault, like I.do with pd, sms, kunos, square-enix, capcom, triace etc etc.

Thanks for you smart post and remark, I'm sure you felt really cool after it. :D i

It made you look badass.

If only the online aspect of the game is your interest, well yes.
Then we can say that it's unplayable.

But there are the special events that are great and not at all easy, making you play with the setup to try achieve gold medals.

On the support forums and even here there's people organising time trial events weekly.

And you can have some quite good race weekends against the AI.

The game is perfect? No it isn't, i don't think nobody of the console version users will deny that.
But in driving physics and wheel FFB it's the best game on console for now.

Let's wait and see what the incoming update brings,for what we know with personalised offline championship mode and the personalised online lobbies i would be a good step forward.

Me self uses project C.A.R.S meanwhile for my racing leagues, from today off i will be trying out the closed beta from GT sport also.
But for sure i also keep playing assetto for the physics, feeling and fu..ing hard special events :D

Only thing that really matters in this hobby is having fun with what you're playing.

Hopefully the next update make you enjoy assetto on the way you want to enjoy it :cheers:

If only the online aspect of the game is your interest, well yes.
Then we can say that it's unplayable.

But there are the special events that are great and not at all easy, making you play with the setup to try achieve gold medals.

On the support forums and even here there's people organising time trial events weekly.

And you can have some quite good race weekends against the AI.

The game is perfect? No it isn't, i don't think nobody of the console version users will deny that.
But in driving physics and wheel FFB it's the best game on console for now.

Let's wait and see what the incoming update brings,for what we know with personalised offline championship mode and the personalised online lobbies i would be a good step forward.

Me self uses project C.A.R.S meanwhile for my racing leagues, from today off i will be trying out the closed beta from GT sport also.
But for sure i also keep playing assetto for the physics, feeling and fu..ing hard special events :D

Only thing that really matters in this hobby is having fun with what you're playing.

Hopefully the next update make you enjoy assetto on the way you want to enjoy it :cheers:
100% on the same wave. I see no point in racing the poor ac ai, I get no interest in improving my driving or setups to "race" a computer. I love to measure and be trashed by humans, talk after the race with them of the great recovery they had after a spin, or a malicious tap I got, or how they underperformed after showing great pace before... or even just messing around post race taking about our real life issues.

This is what is like when racing in the series I've been hosting for years on gt5-6 and pcars. And this it's the reason so far ac is unplayable by my own standards (and I bet many other people's ones since all the racing friends I have are from here and added them after racing along for months or years).

And yes ac ffb and physics are the reason I stopped playing other racing games or sims. For me going from one game to another is a major issue, adapting to different physics engine very tiresome, and when I try something I deem better it's hard to get back.

I mean, I get some people liking to time trial, get golds or posting every two days videos of themselves smoking tires while playing alone, but me and all the friends I made in years do not get much interest out of this.

Yes I really hope the lobbies come soon I love the game, but so far I can't play it.

I did choose my words very carefully there. I believe it says one thing and you believe it says another based solely on the position of a comma. I know that and I have had the discussion previously about it and have seen many posts on it. *BUT* you are fully aware that it "indicates" what I believe it to mean.

What I have tried to convey by using the word "indicates" is that it is vague in its actual meaning which has led to confusion. The cynics among us would believe it is deliberate while others may accept it is just a translation error from Italian. Regardless Kunos has not amended it in the intervening 8 months to clarify it.

It has now become a moot point anyway ;-)

Please correct me if I wrong but I could swear that GTplanet was here for members to discuss relevant topics in relation to the racing games that we are interested in? Or do you only want to hear "fanboys" talk gushingly about how good all games are?

As opposed to official forums where people get banned for criticising a game this forum usually has a very balanced and open discussion that I particularly like.
Fanboys, yes we are all Fanboys. I thought calling someone a Fanboy wasn't allowed here? We all want every game to be perfect. Have you seen any recent game come out that has been? They said a fix was coming in April, not the day in April you want or I want.

Back