Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
In the last streaming Marco Massarutto commented that the "Japanese car pack" and the "Red car pack" will arrive as DLC after the launch of the console versions of the game.
That really stinks! I thought they were getting the Japanese Pack included in the base install. I also think they should have put the Ferrari F138 from the Red Pack into the base game. Give Formula 1 fanatics something to really get excited about right away.
Lies! The only thing that happens to me with the C9 is the following.
1. Apply throttle.
2. Hit armco on right hand side.
3. Hit armco on left hand side.
Wait a minute...Are you telling me that's not how you're supposed to be driving the C9? :boggled: You and I share the exact same driving style with the C9.
I already knew I can't drift but if there's one thing this video proves, it's that I can't drift. :lol:

It'll be fun to watch if nothing else.

I can drift. Just not on purpose! :lol: From what I hear Assetto Corsa is totally awesome for drifters. Hopefully word will spread among console players and it'll become the new standard for the drifting crowd!
Is that a stock M3 or do you think they tweaked the car? I've never seen my E30's front wheels do that in any replays. That looks like the type of problem that would have been reported and fixed a long, long time ago.

That really stinks! I thought they were getting the Japanese Pack included in the base install. I also think they should have put the Ferrari F138 from the Red Pack into the base game. Give Formula 1 fanatics something to really get excited about right away.

Wait a minute...Are you telling me that's not how you're supposed to be driving the C9? :boggled: You and I share the exact same driving style with the C9.

I can drift. Just not on purpose! :lol: From what I hear Assetto Corsa is totally awesome for drifters. Hopefully word will spread among console players and it'll become the new standard for the drifting crowd!

Is that a stock M3 or do you think they tweaked the car? I've never seen my E30's front wheels do that in any replays. That looks like the type of problem that would have been reported and fixed a long, long time ago.
I'm pretty sure I heard Marco say that red pack and Japanese pack will land on release day.

I'm pretty sure I heard Marco say that red pack and Japanese pack will land on release day.
But unfortunately that means additional charges. I think Red Pack should be a paid DLC even for console users. I thought the Japanese Pack should have been included at no additional charge. But, then again, I have no idea about the inner workings of Kunos - especially their financial situation. Being available on Day One is certainly better than having to wait, even though they'll have to pay. I'm sure many, many will.

But unfortunately that means additional charges. I think Red Pack should be a paid DLC even for console users. I thought the Japanese Pack should have been included at no additional charge. But, then again, I have no idea about the inner workings of Kunos - especially their financial situation. Being available on Day One is certainly better than having to wait, even though they'll have to pay. I'm sure many, many will.
Perhaps this is why I've seen the game on sale for as little as £29.99 in the UK. You think Kunos did this specifically due to them selling DLC packs from day one? I've preordered the prestige edition for an extra £8, seems steep for 6 extra cars (3 already included in normal preorders). I'm thinking this money would be better spent on the Red Pack.

If only we were given some more concrete info from the devs, just when and not how much would suffice.

If AC is good for drifting, even stock RX7 will be decent for drifting ( not like D1 pro though ) like it does IRL. I saw the M3 drift vid on the last page, :lol: someone messed with the steering angle, likely a mod :lol: The wheels looks as if it went inside on full lock :lol:, on real car that would be funny if possible. It makes the car drift unnaturally though, the way it change direction ( transition ).

Here is a tip for doing a drift : clutch, play with it, when losing momentum, clutch kick, the handbrake also your best buddy when learning :), use the alignment ( caster at highest possible, front camber, adjust toe, run lower rear camber than front, some rear toe in may help, or just run zero toe or slight toe out if you have quick hands ) Lower steering ratio if you need quicker counter steering.

There was a saying : All RWD can be drifted, there's always a way as long as the rear spins. Dori Dori can drift stock R34 GTR around touge :lol:

I already knew I can't drift but if there's one thing this video proves, it's that I can't drift. :lol:

It'll be fun to watch if nothing else.

What tires did you fit on the car ? The real car came with BFGoodrich G-Force slicks, does AC allows road car fitment on cup car ?
The MX5 Cup has more than 155HP ( road car rating ), it has been equipped with race header+full exhaust+tuned ECU (sealed), it should be able to drift ( even with rear torsen LSD ) Front swaybar is adjustable on the real cup car, lower it if it's too stiff to make the rear looser ( about 25-50% more than rear )
Can you adjust the rear LSD or alignment ? Increase caster, zero rear toe, about -1.0 rear camber, higher front camber with some toe out. Lower steering ratio if possible. Increase the rear LSD lock rate, the rear torsen of the real car have low lock %, increase preload as well if possible. Lastly, lower front spring rate if possible.
A good starting car for drifting is a well balanced track day car ( in general ).

I've preordered the prestige edition for an extra £8, seems steep for 6 extra cars

That's just over a quid per car. If it makes you feel better, iRacing charges $13 per car and flight sims can charge as much as $50 per plane. So, relatively the AC preorder (and all their DLC) is a pretty good deal, especially if you calculate how many hours of fun you get for that price. 👍

That's just over a quid per car. If it makes you feel better, iRacing charges $13 per car and flight sims can charge as much as $50 per plane. So, relatively the AC preorder (and all their DLC) is a pretty good deal, especially if you calculate how many hours of fun you get for that price. 👍
Yeah I was just having a moan lol. I actually cancelled my £30 Amazon preorder because I want those extra cars. I'm guessing the Red Pack will come in at £5-10 too. What kinda pricing are the DLC packs on PC?

Yeah I was just having a moan lol. I actually cancelled my £30 Amazon preorder because I want those extra cars. I'm guessing the Red Pack will come in at £5-10 too. What kinda pricing are the DLC packs on PC?

I don't think you'll regret it. :sly: DLC packs are generally around $10 on PC, the Japanese pack was only $5 (I believe).

I hate these methods, but I'm ok with supporting Kunos, since the ps1 days I always just wanted a driving game that tries to be close to reality, and all I had at the start was Ridge Racer ( which I did love though). So now I've waited so long for something like AC im going to support them in hope they stay around for a very long time, just as I will support Codemasters if they release DLC for Dirt Rally. Also AC is only £39 on PSN, most top games are over £50, Dirt Rally is £54.99 iirc ( currently £29 on psn). So I don't feel hard done by with having to buy those two packs on release day, plus if they do a season pass im in, well they are doing season pass for steam but psn wasn't mentioned so im assuming they will. Also im just gonna pre order it from game to get the 9 cars.

I hate these methods, but I'm ok with supporting Kunos, since the ps1 days I always just wanted a driving game that tries to be close to reality, and all I had at the start was Ridge Racer ( which I did love though). So now I've waited so long for something like AC im going to support them in hope they stay around for a very long time, just as I will support Codemasters if they release DLC for Dirt Rally. Also AC is only £39 on PSN, most top games are over £50, Dirt Rally is £54.99 iirc ( currently £29 on psn). So I don't feel hard done by with having to buy those two packs on release day, plus if they do a season pass im in, well they are doing season pass for steam but psn wasn't mentioned so im assuming they will. Also im just gonna pre order it from game to get the 9 cars.

I always look at it this way, I can go out to the pub and drop $30-40 easily and only get a couple hours of enjoyment. Spending $10 on an AC DLC pack gets me hours and hours and hours and hours of enjoyment. When I look at things I've spent money on for entertainment, my sim racing purchases are probably some of the best bang for the buck when you look at dollars spent in relation to hours of entertainment. 👍

(I believe the potential of a Steam season pass is only going to be for the Porsche DLCs and not all DLCs in general)

If AC is good for drifting, even stock RX7 will be decent for drifting ( not like D1 pro though ) like it does IRL. I saw the M3 drift vid on the last page, :lol: someone messed with the steering angle, likely a mod :lol: The wheels looks as if it went inside on full lock :lol:, on real car that would be funny if possible. It makes the car drift unnaturally though, the way it change direction ( transition )

IMG-20160802-WA0000.jpg

:lol: No fender, grill or bumper, no offense, but honestly, a drifter do not need to go that far with steering angle to win a comp or just do big angle. That's more like having fun with crazy setup. What bothers me in the AC video is how the M3 changed direction and how the car looks almost like hovercraft sliding :D if there's a track side replay view, it would be much better to see how the car interact with the road while drifting, suspension reaction when initiating drift, changing direction, when handbrake used etc. PS2 D1GP looks just as convincing when doing tandem like that M3. minus the crazy steering angle of course :P

That real car steering angle ( close to 70 deg ?, some drift cars are in 60+deg region ) is still not as extreme as this which looks like 90 deg or more ? :

M3ACdrift.jpg

M3ACdrift.jpg

Last edited:
What bothers me in the AC video is how the M3 changed direction and how the car looks almost like hovercraft sliding :D
Yeah, that "twitch" sideways movement at 0:24-0:25 looks positively weird, as does the ultra extreme steering ratio of those wheels.

Anyway, I'm far from an expert drifter myself, but drifting has been feeling better and easier with every new tyre model. Feels really good now I think.

Last edited:
Yeah, that "twitch" sideways movement at 0:24-0:25 looks positively weird, as does the ultra extreme steering ratio of those wheels.

That's more likely network lag, what's easily seen is how the direction change can be so smooth and slow motion like, the weight transfer and tire/suspension reaction almost like it's hovering even when doing rapid succession direction change at 0:26s-0:27s and 0:46s to 0:52s, then 1:32s, both rear wheels in the grass and nothing happen, just keep drifting :) Does grass physics can be changed in AC ? Slippery or not ?

That's more likely network lag, what's easily seen is how the direction change can be so smooth and slow motion like, the weight transfer and tire/suspension reaction almost like it's hovering even when doing rapid succession direction change at 0:26s-0:27s and 0:46s to 0:52s, then 1:32s, both rear wheels in the grass and nothing happen, just keep drifting :) Does grass physics can be changed in AC ? Slippery or not ?

Grass feels different than tarmac, less grip and bumpy. I'd guess any oddities you're seeing are due to it being probably being a mod (the normal car's wheels don't turn like that).

Yes, the grass is extremely slippery if I remember correctly. As Brandon suggests it must be some kind of mod. Looks like almost no body roll, so who knows what they did to the suspension.

Back on the sauber c9, in pcars it's very tame? Is it much different in assetto corsa? That's probably my favorite car in pcars just because it is so glued to the road

Back on the sauber c9, in pcars it's very tame? Is it much different in assetto corsa? That's probably my favorite car in pcars just because it is so glued to the road
I recently did a complete retune of that car in pCARS and it's great fun. I've noticed it'll try to take off round some sweeping bends if the wastegate is cranked up. Scary moments but on the whole a right laugh. From what I hear it's a beast in AC.

Yes, very, it's freaking homicidal. :nervous:
I'll give it a go again now, see what it was like.

Edit: on default settings you need to watch out when the boost kicks in, as it gives a sudden surge of power to the back wheels. I had a setup saved which i tinkered with before, and that worked to eliminate the sudden oversteer so it's perfectly doable if you treat it with the TLC it deserves.

Last edited:
Been trying to get this information for a while now but no joy. In the UK we need to preorder from GAME to get that pack. The question has been asked on the official forum but no reply from Kunos. Bit frustrating.

yeah, i wonder because pcars modified and limited pack were immediately available. hell, even if i had to pay for the prestige pack, it would still be cheaper using the bby discount and not having to pay for shipping. i just dont want to miss out on anything.

Back