Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
I'll give it a go again now, see what it was like.

Edit: on default settings you need to watch out when the boost kicks in, as it gives a sudden surge of power to the back wheels. I had a setup saved which i tinkered with before, and that worked to eliminate the sudden oversteer so it's perfectly doable if you treat it with the TLC it deserves.

Yeah, it's doable if driven right, but it's always looking for an opportunity to kill you to death if you let your guard down.

Nice. Haven't watched yet but do you know when it was captured?

He's a really bad driver...jajajaja, but the video where uploaded yesterday..
Gameplay seems very smooth, and the graphics are better that i expected.

In the description of the video they said they playing a near final version of the PlayStation 4 assetto corsa...so the final version only can be better

In the description of the video they said they playing a near final version of the PlayStation 4 assetto corsa...so the final version only can be better
Cool. At least he's got the same wheel, rim & pedals as me 👍

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. Don't think those are the T3PA Pros...
I saw some PS4 footage recently from what I assume is an Italian games store as there were AC boxes everywhere. A small event I believe.

Cool. At least he's got the same wheel, rim & pedals as me 👍
Good wheel,rim and pedals you got then! 👍
I've got the trusthmaster T150, a step below this one... But sure both we will have lots of fun with assetto corsa. :cheers:

And driving skills... It isn't very difficult to get better skills that those from the guy of the video... :D

I always look at it this way, I can go out to the pub and drop $30-40 easily and only get a couple hours of enjoyment. Spending $10 on an AC DLC pack gets me hours and hours and hours and hours of enjoyment. When I look at things I've spent money on for entertainment, my sim racing purchases are probably some of the best bang for the buck when you look at dollars spent in relation to hours of entertainment. 👍

(I believe the potential of a Steam season pass is only going to be for the Porsche DLCs and not all DLCs in general)
Yea exactly me too, I use to spend anywhere between £30-£100 3 times a week on a night out, literally pissing money up the wall. With AC im confident content is not just about milking customers. As Marco said, laser scanning tracks must return development costs ( which is why we won't see obscure tracks in dlc) so im happy buy the dlc.

Good wheel,rim and pedals you got then! 👍
I've got the trusthmaster T150, a step below this one... But sure both we will have lots of fun with assetto corsa. :cheers:

And driving skills... It isn't very difficult to get better skills that those from the guy of the video... :D
Yeah I've just started watching the Nords video... He's all over the place lol

Hahah, he plays as if it were Gran Turismo but look at the IA cars!! They overtake him everywhere!

Hahah, he plays as if it were Gran Turismo but look at the IA cars!! They overtake him everywhere!

Yup hahaha, in nurb he even don't smell the AI cars.....
And luck he didn't have damage activated...
I dont now what he was thinking that he was playing... Need for Speed??haha

Looks pretty good (albeit with youtube compression). I hope the screen tearing is just a result of the upload, or if not, that Kunos have worked on optimization since that build. Don't want to see much of that anymore these days.

I also hope to see some options to move the HUD around the screen or even to choose from different display types of HUD elements. With all the PC mods out there it can be hard for us console players to know which are in the base game and which are not.

Hopefully the footage will come rolling in these next few weeks.

Yeah I've just started watching the Nords video... He's all over the place lol
Beautiful graphics in nords...you can appreciate the graffitis on track..
In Pcars there are not lots of them...
Seems that kunos really did a good job in this port for the moment..
Hopefully we will see soon the first reviews of the console versions

Looks pretty good (albeit with youtube compression). I hope the screen tearing is just a result of the upload, or if not, that Kunos have worked on optimization since that build. Don't want to see much of that anymore these days.

I also hope to see some options to move the HUD around the screen or even to choose from different display types of HUD elements. With all the PC mods out there it can be hard for us console players to know which are in the base game and which are not.

Hopefully the footage will come rolling in these next few weeks.

At least, on the nurb video with the 650s GT3 he got the visual wheel deactivated.. So,i realy think that there will be some HUD options..

We have to wait to see...
And yes, there's a bit of screen tearing, let's hope that in the final version it's completely gone.. Still 23 days to wait.... :crazy::lol:

10 car grids in both GR videos above? Say it ain't so, the already talked about 16 car single player grid is only just barely acceptable to me. If certain tracks won't even take 16 then this game is a big miss for me.

10 car grids in both GR videos above? Say it ain't so, the already talked about 16 car single player grid is only just barely acceptable to me. If certain tracks won't even take 16 then this game is a big miss for me.
The AI cars goes with the identical same physics than the players car...
That makes that due hardware limitations they can't put more than 16 cars on track.
But, yes, they said and in other gameplays there were 16 cars on track, so the two videos above is because the player setup the game like that.. He hasn't even activated the damage.. And on the nurb video he desactived the visual wheel.

(in my case if the AI is good and competitive i realy don't care if they are 6 cars on track or 10 or 16 or 30..)

I think the AI is great now. Stick to your line and you will have an awesome and competitive race.
And wow, that guy actually makes the 650 GT3 look difficult. It's one of the easiest cars to drive in the game IMO.

Here's goes assetto corsa PS4 gameplays

That's terrible driving. Has he NEVER encountered the 'Ring before? My first lap in Assetto Corso on that track was in the McLaren MP4 12C. I had no trouble at all with that combination coming from GT6 and was able to record a pretty good laptime and I am a long way away from being an alien or anything like that.

When I click the video I get the message: This video is private (directly translated from Norwegian). What does that mean?
It means whoever posted it on YouTube has changed its access settings so no one else can watch it. I was able to watch it earlier.

What was the car and circuit combination in the video posted by @Donnced? What made it 'Wow'?
No mate,it was a video with various cars in slow motion passing over high curbs and showing the quality of the suspension physics and car behaviour.
And showing also the rubber that stays on track after passing the car.
All really well mounted in the video...

It was Luca Sodano (Sound designer of Assetto corsa) ho shared the video on his twitter account..

https://mobile.twitter.com/Luca_Sodano/status/76054792183843225

The only thing i don't understand is why the video is gone in "private" now..

cant wait..

Baby-Is-Super-Excited-For-His-New-Puppy-Toy-MRW-Gif.gif

Last edited:
What do we have planned for today? Maybe I'll get the Sauber C9 accounted for so I can have my arms iced throughout the evening.

Apologies for the pops when transitioning between views. You'll know what I'm talking about when you hear it, something was bugging out.

This was at 60% boost as anything higher just damages the engine. :lol:

I noticed you took the Rosberg approach at Druids (go 30 meters past the apex, THEN turn in). :lol:

Back