Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Hi guys i'm new here (and sorry for my english)...
I have a question, i pre-ordered the game on Playstation Store time ago (with 3 cars bonus) and only today i found out that if i had pre-ordered the game in store like Amazon, the bonus cars would have been 9, instead of 3 :banghead:... now, the question is: can i buy those cars in the future via dlc? or this cars are pre-order exclusive? anybody know?
thank you...

We're all presuming that they will be available through a DLC, and hopefully it will be very reasonably priced since they are very desirable cars and some of them were given to PC users for free. Nobody knows for sure yet, but to not have them available in some fashion would be a seriously bad move IMO.

I have a question, i pre-ordered the game on Playstation Store time ago (with 3 cars bonus) and only today i found out that if i had pre-ordered the game in store like Amazon, the bonus cars would have been 9, instead of 3 :banghead:... now, the question is: can i buy those cars in the future via dlc? or this cars are pre-order exclusive? anybody know?
thank you...
Don't know where you are but Amazon uk only has the 3 cars as part of the preorder. You'll need to get it from GAME who have exclusivity on the prestige pack with the 9 cars.

Of course we want more, these tracks and cars are already paid for, hell most of the game is.
You have seen the balance sheet for the company to know this?

It's just a port. If the content is already in the game then it should be on disc day 1. Especially when most other console sims, well ALL other console sims have much more content included. I love AC but to me this is dirty money grabbing.
I agree that content finished at the point the title went gold should be, but we will have to wait and see.

Its crazy that in another forum on this site GTS gets grilled for "only" having a couple of hundred cars but if you take out the duplicates AC has what? Like 60 max? And now we even some of them are going to be paid DLC but because its AC its gets a pass?..
Now you might have a point if its the exact same people doing so (and a point that would only apply to those specific people). However to cast accusations around in general terms is inaccurate and unhelpful.

Really? I will try then!
P.S. I live in Italy bleeder.
Oh you're in luck then as it appears Amazon Italy are doing the prestige pack so that's a result. And I'm sure in the T&Cs you're entitled to cancel your PSN preorder, especially this far from launch.

The total fanboy package :D:

Co6u0gRXYAANtqX.jpg

thank you...

All content, including cars will be available one way or the other to everyone one on every platform. Stop worrying.
Some will have to pay a little more than other but in any case we are talking about less money difference than one meal at you favorite junk food place for something you will spend countless hours enjoying.
Any money spent on what Kunos as to offer is money well spent as most of you will enjoy it so much that you will not feel like getting an other game for a while.

You have seen the balance sheet for the company to know this?

I agree that content finished at the point the title went gold should be, but we will have to wait and see.

No, they keep releasing dlc packs because they are losing money... Seriously do I really need to source common sense?

And no we don't have to wait and see. It's gone gold, how do you expect them to change the code of discs already made?

so with all this dlc talk, how likely is it the prestige pack will be an available dlc if you dont pre -order? heck, i could probably pay for that, and the red/japanese pack for about the same price with my bestbuy discount than pre-ordering from gamestop.

Thanks a lot for that @Rizzy13. I am going to enjoy chasing those and already forsee the drifting related trophies being trouble for me. I don't like drifting and I am rubbish at it.

21 days to go...

No, they keep releasing dlc packs because they are losing money... Seriously do I really need to source common sense?

And no we don't have to wait and see. It's gone gold, how do you expect them to change the code of discs already made?
So you know how much the licences cost, how much the development costs and how much revenue they will bring in off the back of that.

Cut out the personal digs and support your claims.

I really hope this game does deliver with their DLC, and I'm hoping that the prices aren't too stupid. There really is some great potential for this game, and as the release date draws near, I can't help but get excited because this is a dedicated sim racer which has already done so well for itself.

You can't compare a huge studio like Poly with Kunos. Poly is a first party studio and we expect the best from it like any other big studios. At least Kunos doesn't lie about its product. Like some members said here it's probably the publisher who wants to sell DLC. And yes I hate DLCs.

@Terronium-12 That engine noise is spectacular. The gurgles and rumble, not to mention the flames flicking out the rear, are giving me a 'funny feeling'...

Keep the videos coming!

Bit late on this, but that sounds fantastic. (The GT40 is inc. in the console release right?)
Pre-ordered this for the sounds only :)

As an aside, and sorry if this has already been covered, but in a dev video I saw recently, the Kunos chap said that startup sounds are basically a no in the game, which I thought was sad, because (especially in VR) I'd love to be able to hear these engines wake up...

Can't wait for this on PS4.

So you know how much the licences cost, how much the development costs and how much revenue they will bring in off the back of that.

Cut out the personal digs and support your claims.

Lol ok I guess I do need to put a source common sense. But I am really not interested. There is a good reason why DLC exploded in popularity and it's not because it's a financial risk. Believe what you will. I for one will continue to believe that DLC which was coming to the PC version console or not (watch the dev diaries) and has already sold on the PC version well enough to warrant planned DLC to follow it up has met its sales expectations. That is a reasonable assumption unless you think Kunos are idiots that keep rolling out DLC that costs them money for some reason...

You can't compare a huge studio like Poly with Kunos. Poly is a first party studio and we expect the best from it like any other big studios. At least Kunos doesn't lie about its product. Like some members said here it's probably the publisher who wants to sell DLC. And yes I hate DLCs.

Big or small studio only matters if small studios accept small money and big studios accept big money. But no, they both take the same currency so they must be judged equally.

A gamer walks into a car dealership. There are two cars for sale, both $200k, one a stunning Ferrari, one totally unheard of with only half the features and performance. Gamer says he'll take the unheard of one because they are a small company... Never.

And enough with the talk of lying. If you say you will be somewhere at a certain time, but are then late, are you a liar? No, because you were honest at the time, you thought you would be there. So is PD. When they say things they believe it. Call them bad managers, bad planners whatever fits, but lying doesn't and it's just childish.

Oh and you might want to read up about what Kunos promised about its online system before they released rubbish... Or the forums they closed or any number of things they have done but simply get a free pass for.

Last edited:
Lol ok I guess I do need to put a source common sense. But I am really not interested. There is a good reason why DLC exploded in popularity and it's not because it's a financial risk. Believe what you will. I for one will continue to believe that DLC which was coming to the PC version console or not (watch the dev diaries) and has already sold on the PC version well enough to warrant planned DLC to follow it up has met its sales expectations. That is a reasonable assumption unless you think Kunos are idiots that keep rolling out DLC that costs them money for some reason...

Big or small studio only matters if small studios accept small money and big studios accept big money. But no, they both take the same currency so they must be judged equally.

A gamer walks into a car dealership. There are two cars for sale, both $200k, one a stunning Ferrari, one totally unheard of with only half the features and performance. Gamer says he'll take the unheard of one because they are a small company... Never.

And enough with the talk of lying. If you say you will be somewhere at a certain time, but are then late, are you a liar? No, because you were honest at the time, you thought you would be there. So is PD. When they say things they believe it. Call them bad managers, bad planners whatever fits, but lying doesn't and it's just childish.

You mean Ferrari is GTS game-PD product and the "half the features and performance" is AC-Kunos product?
Really mate?

Yeah, agree on the lying accusations. Totally unnecessary.

But the budget is a factor, no? We will never know the comparisons, but staff levels alone are hugely different.

But anyway, more importantly, both companies should be applauded for doing very cool stuff. I'm a little fed up of this weird willy waving war between AC and GTS. It's fine to be positive and enthusiastic about both without being accused of idiocy or bias or naivete or whatever.

You mean Ferrari is GTS game-PD product and the "half the features and performance" is AC-Kunos product?
Really mate?

It's just a generic analogy...

Yeah, agree on the lying accusations. Totally unnecessary.

But the budget is a factor, no? We will never know the comparisons, but staff levels alone are hugely different.

But anyway, more importantly, both companies should be applauded for doing very cool stuff. I'm a little fed up of this weird willy waving war between AC and GTS. It's fine to be positive and enthusiastic about both without being accused of idiocy or bias or naivete or whatever.

But at the end of the day both are products both costing your money. Does their origin matter? Even if it did, the smaller team is massively cutting corners (AC can't support rain, can't support working lights, can't support moving trackside objects, there is a HUGE list of things AC can't do along side the rubbish graphics, rubbish online setup, rubbish career mode) the bigger team isn't, it evens out. If anything gamers should get angry that the huge costs involved in PDs development vs Kunos's aren't reflected at all in the sales price. If AC is going to be $50 then GTS needs to be something like $500 if we are playing fair.

Lol ok I guess I do need to put a source common sense. But I am really not interested.
Then don't expect your input to be treated with any degree of acceptance past speculative claim.

There is a good reason why DLC exploded in popularity and it's not because it's a financial risk. Believe what you will. I for one will continue to believe that DLC which was coming to the PC version console or not (watch the dev diaries) and has already sold on the PC version well enough to warrant planned DLC to follow it up has met its sales expectations. That is a reasonable assumption unless you think Kunos are idiots that keep rolling out DLC that costs them money for some reason...
And yet your claim was not just about DLC was it. Its was about the title as a whole making money as well as the DLC.

However the only fact in place is that you do not know if the outlay for the DLC licences has been recouped or not, and without a source I seriously doubt that anyone is just going to take your word for it.

Oh and you might want to read up about what Kunos promised about its online system before they released rubbish... Or the forums they closed or any number of things they have done but simply get a free pass for.
I've asked you once to please stop with the general digs, people have been both defensive and critical of the actions of both PD and Kunos, stop posting as if this is not the case, as quite frankly repetition is not going to make your claim true and nor is the 'flame-bait' effect you seem to desire from it going to be tolerated much longer.

But at the end of the day both are products both costing your money. Does their origin matter? Even if it did, the smaller team is massively cutting corners (AC can't support rain, can't support working lights, can't support moving trackside objects, there is a HUGE list of things AC can't do along side the rubbish graphics, rubbish online setup, rubbish career mode) the bigger team isn't, it evens out. IF anything you gamers should get angry that the huge costs involved in PDs development vs Kunos's aren't reflected at all in the sales price. If AC is going to be $50 then GTS needs to be something like $500 if we are playing fair.

I just don't think it matters mate.

They will both be awesome, in different ways. There's no point getting angry about the way any two videogames are produced, or how they differ. If they're good, they're good. Just enjoy them. If you don't, don't play them.

I've asked you once to please stop with the general digs, people have been both defensive and critical of the actions of both PD and Kunos, stop posting as if this is not the case, as quite frankly repetition is not going to make your claim true and nor is the 'flame-bait' effect you seem to desire from it going to be tolerated much longer.

What are you talking about? What digs? And I don't recall as talking before...? I certainly don't recall your name. I would like to see where people have been critical of Kunos though. Frankly I am yet to see it but I admit I don't venture into many threads.

But at the end of the day both are products both costing your money. Does their origin matter? Even if it did, the smaller team is massively cutting corners (AC can't support rain, can't support working lights, can't support moving trackside objects, there is a HUGE list of things AC can't do along side the rubbish graphics, rubbish online setup, rubbish career mode) the bigger team isn't, it evens out. If anything gamers should get angry that the huge costs involved in PDs development vs Kunos's aren't reflected at all in the sales price. If AC is going to be $50 then GTS needs to be something like $500 if we are playing fair.

So you are actually saying that.....
But anyway,do you really think that AC is that bad?
By your logic PD are selling an overpriced game since they are cutting corners too and miss a huge list of things that a smaller team (SMS) does not (Project Cars).(Real time-weather progression or offline career mode for example)

What are you talking about? What digs? And I don't recall as talking before...? I certainly don't recall your name. I would like to see where people have been critical of Kunos though. Frankly I am yet to see it but I admit I don't venture into many threads.
So you acknowledge then that your claim that PD and Kunos are treated differently as a whole is based on nothing more than assumption.

Excellent, that means we will see an end to it then.

Oh and as a member of staff you don't need to know my name for me to have a very good understanding of your posting history and style, so allow me to make this clear as a point of moderation. Stop making digs at members/products/companies as if they were fact when they are nothing more than your own personal speculation based on an incomplete reading of the actually posting history.

Its borderline flame-bait territory and should you continue in this vein (and taking your past history and infractions) you will be receiving a points carrying warning that will result in a ban.

Back