Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,177 comments
FOV SLIDER? FOV SLIDER?

Hahah, I was going to wait on trying to track down a ps5, but this will make me get one immediately. And hell yeah I'll buy it again.
ACC with no framerate jitters? Better graphics? YES!!!

It handles sublime with a controller, best racer on console IMO.

This is great news even for those of us on PC as it means the game still might get more content (fingers crossed for WC U.S., even though I'm guessing Covid has pretty much made that highly unlikely). Granted it could just as well serve as a "GoTY/Ultimate Edition" release you see shortly before a game stops getting worked on.

As for the next-gen console release itself, hopefully they do a proper job this time and give it the release it deserves.

I hope that this game is more than just an afterthought. And I hope they take the competition with Polyphony seriously. I know that there is a major overlap in players but to have them fight for players' time would be great.

I can be a fool with my money and I bought this game with all the DLC a while back. I had a hard time button mapping and the graphics were almost unbearable on the PS5 and big 4k screen combo.

snc
multiplayer should be cross platform with pc but probably will be another cheap conversion from not very talented 3rd studio

That would be incredible lets hope it will be in next gen release.

Ok seems more oficial now, so I apologize to @GlamFM

Still didn't see any oficial statement/announcement on 505games discord were we where talking about it and none of the 505games guys came in answering the questions about it , none news on their social media....

About next gen...

Now I think about a possible next gen upgrade update Once British GT DLC is launched for those that have already old gen versions.

Don't think they will increase number of cars and make it more on par with PC version, just increase graphics , details and effects so PS5 can play online with those from PS4 that didn't upgrade still on next gen and same for Microsoft consoles.

Will be nice to see what D3T Ldt can achieve with the new consoles... because for now on Xbox series X it isn't still full locked 60 FPS knowing that FPS are unlocked from 30 on all old gen consoles

Still think If we really want the full ACC experience,best way is going PC road, where it's really kunos simulazione themselves developing and supporting the game..

Don't have any faith in D3T Ldt studio seen what I've seen till now what they have done with ACC port and other portings from them

Don't think they will increase number of cars and make it more on par with PC version, just increase graphics , details and effects so PS5 can play online with those from PS4 that didn't upgrade still on next gen and same for Microsoft consoles.

Maybe. I just hope they will increase this just for Single Player if Multiplayer is too much. If it is just better graphics then it will be "meh" because it is already fine in locked 60 fps on PS5.

Just look on Ride 4 (also UE4 title) they managed to make both 60 fps and increase (bikes) count on next gen versions.

Last edited:
I hope that this game is more than just an afterthought. And I hope they take the competition with Polyphony seriously. I know that there is a major overlap in players but to have them fight for players' time would be great.

I can be a fool with my money and I bought this game with all the DLC a while back. I had a hard time button mapping and the graphics were almost unbearable on the PS5 and big 4k screen combo.
Before you launch the game, go into the PS5 settings and change video output to 1080p, then launch the game. It looks much much better, much crisper. Have no idea why this works but if you don't do this already give it a shot. Just remember to change it back to 2160p for all other games!

Wow really didn’t think this was happening, I’m kinda shocked because console players (myself included) always get dlc etc much later than pc so kind of felt Kunos always had console as a after thought so this is cool. I also hope the British pack is part of the season pass.

Maybe. I just hope they will increase this just for Single Player if Multiplayer is too much. If it is just better graphics then it will be "meh" because it is already fine in locked 60 fps on PS5.

Just look on Ride 4 (also UE4 title) they managed to make both 60 fps and increase (bikes) count on next gen versions.

Yeah in PS5 it's quite locked 60fps for now, cause the "4k" mode in PS is 1800p checkerboard dynamic resolution with less graphic detail and less visual distance.
That's why people are setting PS5 in 1080p output, so it has the bit better graphics details and bit mor visual distance.
And runs Also at 60 locked.

Xbox only has the native 4K mode with the slight better graphics details and visual distance ,but there it isn't locked 60 on Xbox series X..

Knowing that...I don't think they will add more cars,not in single player nor in multiplayer if they want share next gen players with old gen players..

There isn't a big number of players either on ACC compared with AC to fragment multiplayer also

Screenshot_20210201-114232.png

So I think it would be more an visual upgrade, an optimizing all around, implement dualsense features and launch a "complete" version physical format and digital format as marketing for Next Gen and an upgrade patch for those that have already ACC console version from old gen once 1.7.x update and British GT DLC is launched late spring on consoles.

1.7 update on PC version bring some shadow optimization that helps in lower end PC's so, that can easily be part of helping the visuals improvements for next gen consoles.

I don't think they will add more, don't forget that UE are demanding and the game is very heavy on CPU due phisycs calculations...ride game is very simple in comparison

Man, I am so happy :-) Once I tried ACC I cannot play any other racing game on PS4. Lets hope for less bugs (and working CP rating), but even with that it is the best driving on consoles by a mile.

I have everything on my XSX but I don't like the performance. Does it make sense to buy everything for PC? Is it better in something else than performance.

I have everything on my XSX but I don't like the performance. Does it make sense to buy everything for PC? Is it better in something else than performance.

More cars, keyboard compatibility,UDP, motec, better online,driver swap, possibility to load personalized car skins, better wheel implentation ,more detailed FFB, no limited replays and highlights, you can move around with free camera in replays and make nice pictures, camera/seat movement settings on cockpit, VOF settings, endurance cars with aux lights and none of the console bugs/issues , game supported direct by Kunos simulazione themselves,and not a third party studio as D3T LTD, no months waiting for updates and content... that's first difference's that comes me to mind

And don't forget that you can select and custom resolution/graphics/performance to your liking, and now even more with the new graphics settings from 1.7 in shadows that helps optimize better for no high end top PC's

Speaking of next gen upgrades, we haven't seen one for Wreckfest and the devs are always releasing new DLC. At least ACC targets 60fps on next gen even without an official patch.

More cars, keyboard compatibility,UDP, motec, better online,driver swap, possibility to load personalized car skins, better wheel implentation ,more detailed FFB, no limited replays and highlights, you can move around with free camera in replays and make nice pictures, camera/seat movement settings on cockpit, VOF settings, endurance cars with aux lights and none of the console bugs/issues , game supported direct by Kunos simulazione themselves,and not a third party studio as D3T LTD, no months waiting for updates and content... that's first difference's that comes me to mind

And don't forget that you can select and custom resolution/graphics/performance to your liking, and now even more with the new graphics settings from 1.7 in shadows that helps optimize better for no high end top PC's
Wow, thanks. I think it's a good idea to buy it again ;)

Speaking of next gen upgrades, we haven't seen one for Wreckfest and the devs are always releasing new DLC. At least ACC targets 60fps on next gen even without an official patch.
LOL, I was waiting until I rather bought a PC :D Wreckfest is awesome in 120 FPS.

Sad to say, but recently bought ACC and the game is unplayable to me. I cannot map all the buttons and functions that I need, the game does not support button boxes and keyboards for control, there is no UDP telemetry, but the most annoying thing for me is that I can't use a DualShock 4 in ACC when the wheel is attached. It drives me nuts.

Is there not a stipulation from Sony/Microsoft that games from previous gen platforms have to be offered as free upgrades to players if they get dedicated new gen versions?
They could release a complete edition, so that's one way to make people pay. I would have thought though that they'd still be obliged to make PS4 version upgradable.

If you read between the lines you could tell they were working on ext gen. Marco said they're easier to work on, that was one of my clues. Just suprised it was announced now.

Sad to say, but recently bought ACC and the game is unplayable to me. I cannot map all the buttons and functions that I need, the game does not support button boxes and keyboards for control, there is no UDP telemetry, but the most annoying thing for me is that I can't use a DualShock 4 in ACC when the wheel is attached. It drives me nuts.

A thing you could consider is Drivehub. I run the unsupported Fanatec CSW2.5 via drivehub on the ps4. The attached ds4 controller works in ACC.

Amazing support and from wreckfest,love that game.also a very little studio, but a real good port to consoles .
Don't go above 30fps on PS5 cause it's a locked 30

ACC goes up to 60 FPS because D3T Ldt unlocked 30fps, cause on PS4/Xbox one consoles if they locked 30fps, what they tried as Mike from 505 said, it was a crazy stuttering and tearing fest.

If the would run ok in locked 30fps, the game would als run 30fps on PS5 retrocompatible.

I run ACC on the ps4pro in 1080 mode with ps4 power option on. It's not 60 fps. But certainly not 30 or lower. Runs pretty smooth to the eye.

If they only can show the rain again in a future patch, oh pretty please.

Amazing support and from wreckfest,love that game.also a very little studio, but a real good port to consoles .

ACC goes up to 60 FPS because D3T Ldt unlocked 30fps, cause on PS4/Xbox one consoles if they locked 30fps, what they tried as Mike from 505 said, it was a crazy stuttering and tearing fest.

If the would run ok in locked 30fps, the game would als run 30fps on PS5 retrocompatible.
Wreckfest runs horrendously on base PS4 at times, quite often.

Yeah, it ended up being fortunate for next gen consoles that they couldn't lock it at 30fps before. Silver linings etc

Latest Posts

Back