Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
MY guess it will target 60fps @ 1080P on advanced consoles.

Still more than a month to go till release so the information will probably come out for release.

Thought there may be more info for PC users, due to those players getting the DLC earlier.

One more thing about that British GT pack, the cars that compete(would have) in the 2020 series. https://www.britishgt.com/cars

In the 2019 season, the F-Type GT4 competed. https://www.britishgt.com/cars?filter_season_id=6 That model hasn't appeared outside of British GT.
So, I wonder if the Jag will be in, or Kunos just include the 2020 season cars only.

IIRC both packs are based on the 2019 seasons. The GT4 pack is based on the European series as well so the Jag unfortunately seems unlikely (BGT pack is just tracks and liveries).

IIRC both packs are based on the 2019 seasons. The GT4 pack is based on the European series as well so the Jag unfortunately seems unlikely (BGT pack is just tracks and liveries).
Right right. Shucks. That would then eliminate the Supra GT4 as well.

Question for those who own both AC's.

Is ACC easier, the same or harder than AC?

Thinking of getting this but the AI are so hard on AC that it kinda puts me off, I love the gt3 physics and the game but anything other than hot lapping i find it extremely difficult to get anything above that place on even medium.
Even when I do well they love to punt me off the track.

I dont wana win all the time but I dont wana do hour long races just to come last everytime.

Question for those who own both AC's.

Is ACC easier, the same or harder than AC?

Thinking of getting this but the AI are so hard on AC that it kinda puts me off, I love the gt3 physics and the game but anything other than hot lapping i find it extremely difficult to get anything above that place on even medium.
Even when I do well they love to punt me off the track.

I dont wana win all the time but I dont wana do hour long races just to come last everytime.

It's similar to PC2 where there are separate settings for AI skill and aggressiveness. Skill goes from 80-100% with 80 being insanely easy and aggressiveness goes all the way from 0-100%. I'm pretty middle of the road pace wise and find 90/97 gives me the most pleasurable experience, the top spots are achievable but hard enough to feel like an accomplishment.

It's similar to PC2 where there are separate settings for AI skill and aggressiveness. Skill goes from 80-100% with 80 being insanely easy and aggressiveness goes all the way from 0-100%. I'm pretty middle of the road pace wise and find 90/97 gives me the most pleasurable experience, the top spots are achievable but hard enough to feel like an accomplishment.
That's perfect.

My main issue with AC is that its either easy,medium or hard and the jump from easy to medium is massive.

I would win by miles on easy and struggle so much on medium.

A slider like that is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for the info.

That's perfect.

My main issue with AC is that its either easy,medium or hard and the jump from easy to medium is massive.

Thanks for the info.

It really dépends which catégorie you run. GT3 works great on medium/hard with aggressivity between 75/85.

That's perfect.

Thanks for the info.
I guess this is down to different cars. The AI really struggle with the Abarth Assetto Corse for example. ACC shouldn't have these issues.

It really dépends which catégorie you run. GT3 works great on medium/hard with aggressivity between 75/85.

Any kind of slider adjustment is fine by me. Works really well in PC's and F1.

I guess this is down to different cars. The AI really struggle with the Abarth Assetto Corse for example. ACC shouldn't have these issues.

Music to my ears. Pre order might just happen. All the different events are radically different in difficulty, its frustrating sometimes.

That's perfect.

Thanks for the info.
AC on the PC had sliders too but Kunos didn't port that over to the console version and gave us the preset difficulties instead. Who knows if they'll do the same again? I really hope not.

AC on the PC had sliders too but Kunos didn't port that over to the console version and gave us the preset difficulties instead. Who knows if they'll do the same again? I really hope not.
We can hope they learned from the their previous mistakes I guess.

Would be stupid not to include it again, seems like a simple feature it port over.

This time Kunos have done the UI with the controller in mind, so I don't think that's going to happen again.

The only functions that I don't see on the console again is the support for 3 screens, AI numbers on the grill, free camera mode or the photo mode (CinemaHUD), the last 2 are functions that are accessed through a particular key on and don't have a menu to access normally at the moment.

How is the AI in general in ACC? I quite enjoy racing them in AC, however it often still falls into the 'one car pulls away from the rest of the field' scenario which doesn't make for very interesting racing. Is ACC a bit more balanced?
For all the things pCARS did wrong with the AI I found I wasn't often racing against just 1 car at the front, Forza-style. I'm hoping for more realistic AI these days.

Hi.
Does anyone know why we can only pre-order ACC on XboxOne? Is there any agreement between 505games and Microsoft? I want to pre-order to my ps4.

I think they have just earlier MS Store update. Sony has it on Tuesdays

It even states that it will be available from 17:00 on the 23/06/20

It's actually cheaper than I expected £34.99

Most new games now are above £50

I don't understand this? Perhaps it depends which cars you're running? I generally race "one make" cars & I find the AI pretty balanced. Incidentally, the difficulty settings on PS4 are Very Easy, Easy, Medium, Hard, Very Hard & Alien if I'm not mistaken?

Racing "same class" throws in some very unbalanced cars, like a Porsche Yellowbird with a cluster of Abarthes. This seems completely pointless. One of the limiting factors in AC is the limited number of cars which can make "same class" races unrealistic.

Last edited:
I've been doing AE86 tuned and Drift Quick Races, Hard AI.
I'm able to keep up, but every race, I randomly lose grip and spin. I'm fine all race and the last lap 3/4 in, the car gets loose and I fall to the back.

AI are fine, bit jeez Louise, the computer cheats.

I don't understand this? Perhaps it depends which cars you're running? I generally race "one make" cars & I find the AI pretty balanced. Incidentally, the difficulty settings on PS4 are Very Easy, Easy, Medium, Hard, Very Hard & Alien if I'm not mistaken?

Racing "same class" throws in some very unbalanced cars, like a Porsche Yellowbird with a cluster of Abarthes. This seems completely pointless. One of the limiting factors in AC is the limited number of cars which can make "same class" races unrealistic.
Yes I've had some great one make races with ai, door to door for a lap many times. I was actually clearing my harddrive last night and was watching a few of them. I've started a championship with all the SUVs and sedans. Its actually been good racing.

Hi.
Does anyone know why we can only pre-order ACC on XboxOne? Is there any agreement between 505games and Microsoft? I want to pre-order to my ps4.

I haven’t looked lately on the Sony Store, however I preordered ACC for PS4 last month from Best Buy for $39 if you want to get it now.

I haven’t looked lately on the Sony Store, however I preordered ACC for PS4 last month from Best Buy for $39 if you want to get it now.
Thanks, but since I live in Brazil, I'd like to preorder online. This is strange because the game will be released next month and there's no way to buy in PS Store.

New trailer.

Assetto Corsa Competizione, the Official GT World Challenge title, is heading to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on June 23, 2020. What’s more, players who pre-order the console edition of ACC will also gain access to the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC on release day, which expands the Assetto Corsa Competizione experience to include the official Intercontinental GT Challenge. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC is scheduled to launch later this summer. For more info and to pre-order, head on over to - https://acc.505games.com/

Not sure this was already mentioned before (from their website):
Playstation® 4 purchases from Sony stores from 23 June 2020 to 7 july 2020 will get the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC and a static theme for free

Last edited:
I wish it was clear if a ps5 version would be a separate buy or if you will get the same upgrade for free or for a small fee if you bought the ps4 version.
Or if it would just be a backcompatible way to play.

It would help to decide if I'd get it on ps4 or wait on ps5 if i knew.

I wish it was clear if a ps5 version would be a separate buy or if you will get the same upgrade for free or for a small fee if you bought the ps4 version.

The relatively low price is helping me decide to get it on a current gen console. The issue for me is which one, since I have both.

Yeah I'm now kind of wondering the same thing about Xbox. Will there be a separate, better version available once Series X is released?

The relatively low price is helping me decide to get it on a current gen console. The issue for me is which one, since I have both.

Yeah I'm now kind of wondering the same thing about Xbox. Will there be a separate, better version available once Series X is released?
Also cause im not so sure it will be worth it so much on current gen compared to a nextgen full on version acc.

New trailer.

Not sure this was already mentioned before (from their website):

that just makes me even more wish it was the 23rd june already lol. cannot wait.

i pre ordered a disc copy from Game as soon as i saw the 1st announcement, shame there is no pre order on ps4 but i just wanted to make sure i had a copy because there was nothing in ps store about the game.

PS4 Pro with ssd at the ready...

Back