Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
IF we will get next gen version...
But why wouldn't they do a next gen version really, they already have a nice pc version that could be similar to it.

And it will show it off well, looking at it's nicest, and fully featured. Only good for them, better impression on people and more sales, and longer life, with possible dlc, ac sequel etc.

But why wouldn't they do a next gen version really, they already have a nice pc version that could be similar to it.

And it will show it off well, looking at it's nicest, and fully featured. Only good for them, better impression on people and more sales, and longer life, with possible dlc, ac sequel etc.

I hope they will make it. But they didn't announced it so it is only our speculation that it will come to PS5/Xbox Series X. In the end they can say that it will work via Backwards Compatibility and not bother with new version of the game.

I really hope for VR patch for PS5.

I have the disc version preordered for my PS4 Pro, i have upgraded the HDD to a SSD to help with loading of my games, it has halved the GTSport loading times etc.

I have tried the PC version with the free weekend and as expected my laptop can run it but my GPU is running high at 95% lol. Still i am have a play around to get used to it and setting up my OBS Studio and other stream stuff ready for the 23rd june.... It is a shame there is no new info around but i can wait for release day in anticipation of a good release...

See you on track, hoping for some good racing!

I hope they will make it. But they didn't announced it so it is only our speculation that it will come to PS5/Xbox Series X. In the end they can say that it will work via Backwards Compatibility and not bother with new version of the game.

I really hope for VR patch for PS5.
But it be pretty silly of them to not use the pc version specs and features instead of a low settings looking and lesser featured ps4 back compatibility version. Only good for them.

AC on xbox one had minor framerate issues and felt unfinished. On Xbox One X it feels like an upgrade, smooth and plays very well also looks good.
The same will be for ACC on Xbox Series X, even if there is not an upgrade for the Series X ACC will run better than it would now on Xbox One X.
Overall i think both next gen consoles will have an upgrade once they launch.
As far for ACC on the Pro and X versions, i think it will be on par with AC and may look and play even better.

Only 3 weeks. Lets hope PS4 and Xbox one are crossplay?

That GT4 pack can't come soon enough. I'm already feeling GT3 will get boring after one race. :lol: I'm fiending right now. :)

Nothing... I am starting to get worried about this... It looks like they are afraid of showing it. I hope it isn't just cashgrab :/
Yes, the lack of information starts to feel suspicious.

3 weeks out and no single preview or hands on to be found. Of course there is the Corona situation but if they were really confident of their product they could have invited a journalist to test the game in a safe environment or send a previewcode.

Yesterday I took a look at the Xbox store and all it says is 1 -16 players on xbox live. No single mention of HDR or Xbox One X enhancements etc.

I can expect 16 players online. (pcars 2 also have that limitation) i hope we can have more AI than 16.

Yeah id hope for 22 minimum , I like the visual , resolution and Frame rate options PC2 gives us which could work for ACC on consoles.
I should be massively hyped for ACC but somehow I'm not as the lack of info leaves me feeling like its going to suck. Hope I'm wrong as I love PC2 but could do with something a little fresher.

Yeah id hope for 22 minimum , I like the visual , resolution and Frame rate options PC2 gives us which could work for ACC on consoles.
I should be massively hyped for ACC but somehow I'm not as the lack of info leaves me feeling like its going to suck. Hope I'm wrong as I love PC2 but could do with something a little fresher.

if ACC will be broken then PC2 will do. It is still great GT3 sim.

The only downside I see, is the same horrible GTs drivers playing it. Watching guys play it on YouTube, it looks pretty civilized.

let me just say that theres a lot of horrible, HORRIBLE drivers on pc as well. Just look at iRacing for an example... Until
You reach a certain level you will have to deal with some of the worst drivers out there. Divebombing, brake checking, ramming and all that. That’s not something that’s only going on on the consoles. I race on both console and pc. And I have to say that GT Sport “daily races” and low level iRacing “rookie races” are not that for from each other.

I think this version of ACC will be like the original AC/ pc to console transition.
Everybody raving about how good it drives and it being the next elevation in console sims.

Then on the downside, it’ll have a poor online experience with most wishing it had an online interface like the GT6/sport series.

Last edited:
Now im hoping even more that Kunos will keep making authentic sims on console, with variety too, like an ac2, any series etc,
with how pcars3 seems to be heading from the new videos of it. Was hoping they would get better and finely tune their next games to be more authentic.
Now looks like the only hope is Kunos to continue on. Well track car sims at least.
I do like dr2 alot, and some bike sims, and a few other light sims..

Last edited:
I believe the AI in ACC has the same physics as the player car. Hope this translates to the console version too, and if it does, coupled with time of day and weather effects, I'm a bit concerned about what compromises had to be taken to get it to run well on these aging machines.

Wishing for some previews ASAP.

Am I right in thinking that, with the backwards compatibility, the games already downloaded onto a hard drive from the PlaystationPlus monthly freebies, can still be played on PS5?

Am I right in thinking that, with the backwards compatibility, the games already downloaded onto a hard drive from the PlaystationPlus monthly freebies, can still be played on PS5?
Don't think this has been officially confirmed but they better be!

Doesn't matter if the game came from PSPlus, was bought online or in a store imho. The PS5 will have backward compatibility and I believe Sony have said they expect pretty much every game to work. So chances are you'll be fine.

Back to ACC I am tempted by the game and pre-ordering makes sense to get the first DLC pack free.. but as others have noted there is zero news anywhere about it, not a screenshot, preview video, nothing. No news of a next gen update either - as per comments above pushing console versions a bit more based on PC could surely be done, but are Kunos going to spend the effort doing it ? It all just feels a bit lack lustre.

If you pass up the pre-order and wait to see how this turns out you lose 4 out of 15 tracks, if you want those and the GT4 pack when it comes out you're probably looking at £70, maybe more..

I think Kunos need to be doing a bit mroe on the PR side..

Doesn't matter if the game came from PSPlus, was bought online or in a store imho. The PS5 will have backward compatibility and I believe Sony have said they expect pretty much every game to work. So chances are you'll be fine.

Back to ACC I am tempted by the game and pre-ordering makes sense to get the first DLC pack free.. but as others have noted there is zero news anywhere about it, not a screenshot, preview video, nothing. No news of a next gen update either - as per comments above pushing console versions a bit more based on PC could surely be done, but are Kunos going to spend the effort doing it ? It all just feels a bit lack lustre.

If you pass up the pre-order and wait to see how this turns out you lose 4 out of 15 tracks, if you want those and the GT4 pack when it comes out you're probably looking at £70, maybe more..

I pre ordered it purely for this reason.
That's a good selection of tracks and if the game turns out good on ps4 I would have to pay for those separately.

Took the plunge and hoping it will be worth it strange there has been no gameplay or info about it, not long to find out I guess.

if you decide to buy digitally from the PS store you'll have 2 weeks from 23rd June to download the first dlc for free, so not too bad.
Unfortunately we don't know how much the game itself will cost there yet.

For people on pc: how balanced are the cars? What would you say are the best and worst ones? I already plan on using the Lexus since that always seems to be solid in every game it’s in , and I’m also a toyota fanboi.

Surprising that there is still no sign of this game on the ps store yet.

Last edited:
It's bit suspicious they have still not realised any videos or information yet and we are close to release. PCars 3 already have videos and interviews out.

Im still annoyed we can't get AI Online in ACC to help fill out online grids as on console it always has a smaller player base AC games and they really should have added online AI, can see this game getting stale on console, PCars and F1 games both have AI Online

For people on pc: how balanced are the cars? What would you say are the best and worst ones? I already plan on using the Lexus since that always seems to be solid in every game it’s in , and I’m also a toyota fanboi.

Surprising that there is still no sign of this game on the ps store yet.
I think you can only get it at the PS Store on the 23rd and no early, and it is so strange that we can not buy it early from the PS Store.

Yeah I haven’t bought a disc version of a game since my Xbox 360 days. I like to pre order digitally so it’s downloaded and ready to go. I’ll fire it up at midnight if I have the chance.

Back