Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
For those downloading digitally from the PSN store, you have to use the search feature to actually find the game. It's as though Sony don't want to make it easy.

17 gig filesize and the DLC is included. 15 minutes to go.....

This sounds promising! :)

FF4A6018-47B6-4846-954B-C90C1F011FA4.jpeg

I was expecting slightly more polished graphics with ps4 pro, looking at the trailers and knowing the unreal engine 4 capabilities.

The steering wheel is doing really bizarre movements not responding well to the controller (was just quickly checking on the controller, later will check with g29) - how could such an obvious bug be left there on the release date?

on the PS4.
I must be missing some setting - the steering wheel automatically turns into the ideal line... I just need to nudge it in the right direction. It's almost like there's a driving teacher pulling the wheel for me. Anyone know how to turn that off? I just don't see any menu item in the options regarding steering assist :scared:

What version has been downloaded for those getting it from the store today? The version I had on disc a couple of days ago was 1.3.7

Do we have a day-one patch?

Ok my very quick first impression.
PS4PRO using DS4 controller. Super sampling on. (May set my wheel up later)

Ferrari 488 GT3
Pro Realism
Default controller config.
Spa 9:00am optimum track grip 27 C air temp

car sounds fantastic :crazy:
Car is very planted as expected. A couple of laps and no off tracks. I know the games physics already as I have it on Steam, sold my PC last year though. But for controller, very playable. Direct port from PC version.

Graphics, No where as good as GTSport but Polyphony are geniuses so good apart from 30fps.

30fps is really like going back in time for a racing game. It’s playable but is going to take some getting used to. Tip: do not play GTSPORT before ACC.

The game is not smooth. But it is playable and will just take some getting used to.

No fov adjustment. Poor they removed this option.

No way to slow steering animation down. An option that was present in AC and is badly needed if you like to run in the traditional cockpit cam.

Textures don’t load properly in car selection menus. A problem that was also present on the PC version at launch.

No way to bind right analog stick to view.

After these initial laps I quit game and turned off Super sampling to see if it’s smoother and restarted PS4.

Same car/track settings etc. Possibly placebo but did seem slightly smoother.
still choppy though. But again that’s just the 30 FPS.
Game seems smoother in some views than others but none are excellent.

Initial verdict:
So much to like, sounds, decent graphics, car models. Great physics at least on optimum track and hot day.
Totally playable but damn that 30fps is eye watering. However I do think I’ll get used to it.
My honest opinion is the devs have done well to get the title running on a console but I’m hoping that we can play it at 60fps locked once PS5 drops.
They also need to lose this idea that console users need less options than PC users.
I've bought the game twice. PC and PS4 and I feel a little hard done by just losing those options alone.

GT Sport is still the king for graphics and smoothness. This is a good option though if it receives a boost next gen.

My entire opinion is also only an initial one.

edit: Bathurst Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 pretty similar experience. Sounds are outstanding. 30fps makes my want to pull my eyes out.

Last edited:
Version 1.3.7 on consoles, pc's are on 1.4.3 already aren't they? Means also improvements to come for consoles. I assume the consolebuild always runs behind the pc version a bit.

Strongly advise using the Career mode to start, the Lambo young drivers sections it puts you through is handy for getting to grips with the physics, FFB (which out of the box with my T300 is excellent), wet weather, night, etc.

Strongly advise using the Career mode to start, the Lambo young drivers sections it puts you through is handy for getting to grips with the physics, FFB (which out of the box with my T300 is excellent), wet weather, night, etc.
Out of the box my T300 is terrible - just shaking not really giving any feel for what's going on

Back