Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
There's something really weird going on with the way this game runs.. I'm starting to think they buggered up something in the code. I mean I've still been lapping lapping even with controller buttons I don't like.. I don't know why but I can't stop. I have put the car in performance mode because it seemed a bit tame and switched the traction control off. It was more excitable now.. Problem is I went to record the lap with the PS4 video save.. Which works perfectly for every game known to man.. But on this game it wont save every frame, like the game is out of sync with the universe.. I don't get it :). I really does look more jumpy that any other 30fps game on the ps4 also.. Which doesn't stop it being an awesome game.. But dunno.. I'm suspecting there something fundamentally wrong with the coding of the current version here. Anyway.. I guess back to Bathurst since it'll be one less lap till the next patch.

Has anyone tested if you can button map combinations? As in, hold L1+O to turn wipers, hold L1+X for lights..etc?
My copy got delayed, getting it Monday at the earliest :ouch:

Has anyone tested if you can button map combinations? As in, hold L1+O to turn wipers, hold L1+X for lights..etc?
My copy got delayed, getting it Monday at the earliest :ouch:

That doesn't work. I thought I'd just plug a keyboard in and assign all the buttons on that... Doesn't work either :0 I was surprised. Well this is fixable later I guess

I can briefly summaries:

If you are looking for something a little more advanced than GT Sport(I love GT Sport btw) you get to play around with setups etc. then buy it

If your ideal racing game is NeedForSpeed, don't buy it

To be fair that's true even if your ideal game is GT Sport I think.

I also love GT Sport but ACC requires a totally different way of driving.

I said this before, to me ACC feels like hard work but in a good way. Even just the fact that you cannot get on track and start smashing lap times off the bat it's awesome, you have to build up your pace and you can feel how the car driveability changes over time. A very nice feeling to have given it's a videogame we are talking about.

To be fair that's true even if your ideal game is GT Sport I think.

I also love GT Sport but ACC requires a totally different way of driving.

I said this before, to me ACC feels like hard work but in a good way. Even just the fact that you cannot get on track and start smashing lap times off the bat it's awesome, you have to build up your pace and you can feel how the car driveability changes over time. A very nice feeling to have given it's a videogame we are talking about.

Agreed, I have to be a lot more gently on my inputs especially the steering in comparison to GT Sport

The real slap in the face is, after completing a race, a replay begins from the star of the race. The problem? The screen is half covered by the final results times.

If I can watch a replay of the full race, why do I only get three minutes when I press "Replay"?
I think what is shown in the background is the highlights of the race. In the replay you can choose to save the highlights. For a 20 minute race the normal replay was a little over three minutes long and the saved highlights were over 11 minutes. The highlights show start of the race, some passes, spins (also from other players), leader passing the finish line etc.

Edit: I think only way to view highlights is to save them after the race and then go to gallery.

It's crazy how the game doesn't automatically set my T300 to the specific, per car steering lock value.
If I want 1:1 matching between wheel and game I have to adjust the steering lock myself. Thanks to a post earlier I now know each car's specific lock so I've saved some control presets with the correct lock values and load it up depending on the car.

A longer process than should be required as the game should adjust for me.

That doesn't work. I thought I'd just plug a keyboard in and assign all the buttons on that... Doesn't work either :0 I was surprised. Well this is fixable later I guess
Shame. Hopefully they’ll patch that in, would open up way more button layout-options. :)

Here is what I'm dealing with.

It looks like something is happening with the steering lock because I can't change it. However when the shaking started I went back into the settings and it was still at 900 but then it resets to 0.

If I can get the wheel to center I can even let go and the wheel won't shake. But any movement and it starts again.

Wow that wheel spinning (on start up I'm guessing) is extremely excessive. Something really wrong there. My wheel (standard CSL Elite PS4) never rotates that violently but always just slowly to right, then left and back to center.

GT Sport Player is happy af with ACC... He also has a Fanatec and has it configured live on stream so at the beginning of the video. Its worth a watch.

He will never go back to GT Sport after experiencing a true life Sim..

.....and decided to bite the bullet and go manual gears like I should. Always tend to go back to auto gears due to it just being easier getting into any racing game etc. But want to push through with manual gears.
Good decision to go manual gears. I raced with Automatic for quite a while because it seemed one less thing to wrap my head around while driving but since the majority of better, faster drivers were driving Manual so decided to take the plunge. At first it may seem a little difficult but stick with it and it will sink in more and more til it basically becomes second nature. I could never go back to driving Automatic again.
So for gears I choose Manual and for gear shifting I use the paddles (which work famously) with clutch set to automatic.

I can briefly summaries:

If you are looking for something a little more advanced than GT Sport(I love GT Sport btw) you get to play around with setups etc. then buy it

If your ideal racing game is NeedForSpeed, don't buy it

I have AC and love the game, it's just needed polishing, felt like half a game.

I ordered ACC thinking it would run the same obviously it doesnt but I can judge for myself what the fps feels like.

I already bought the game just havent had a chance to play it yet.

I mainly play gt sport and assetto corsa so as along as the fps is stable enough I cant wait to get started.

I think what is shown in the background is the highlights of the race. In the replay you can choose to save the highlights. For a 20 minute race the normal replay was a little over three minutes long and the saved highlights were over 11 minutes. The highlights show start of the race, some passes, spins (also from other players), leader passing the finish line etc.

Edit: I think only way to view highlights is to save them after the race and then go to gallery.
I noticed it switched to the leader after a minute. I could switch to other cars.

Saved highlights are longer than a normal replay? I'm only racing 5 minutes.

Wow that wheel spinning (on start up I'm guessing) is extremely excessive. Something really wrong there. My wheel (standard CSL Elite PS4) never rotates that violently but always just slowly to right, then left and back to center.

Once I got the wheel recognized and got the shift buttons mapped, I drove out of the pits and noticed the wheel trying to kick back when I would turn either direction on a slow out lap, let go of the wheel and it started doing this.

This is on the official 505 console FAQ does it mean the game actually detects your ps4 pro resolution setting?

Is there a difference in performance when running Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS4 and PS4 Pro?
PS4 Pro in 1080p output mode has improved:
* Draw distances
* Anti-aliasing
* Post process effects
* Particle effects
In 4K output mode Assetto Corsa Competizione runs up to 3200×1800

https://505games.com/assetto-corsa-competizione-console-community-faq-guide/

There's something really weird going on with the way this game runs.. I'm starting to think they buggered up something in the code. I mean I've still been lapping lapping even with controller buttons I don't like.. I don't know why but I can't stop. I have put the car in performance mode because it seemed a bit tame and switched the traction control off. It was more excitable now.. Problem is I went to record the lap with the PS4 video save.. Which works perfectly for every game known to man.. But on this game it wont save every frame, like the game is out of sync with the universe.. I don't get it :). I really does look more jumpy that any other 30fps game on the ps4 also.. Which doesn't stop it being an awesome game.. But dunno.. I'm suspecting there something fundamentally wrong with the coding of the current version here. Anyway.. I guess back to Bathurst since it'll be one less lap till the next patch.
AC had this issue too, at least in some camera views.

I have AC and love the game, it's just needed polishing, felt like half a game.

I ordered ACC thinking it would run the same obviously it doesnt but I can judge for myself what the fps feels like.

I already bought the game just havent had a chance to play it yet.

I mainly play gt sport and assetto corsa so as along as the fps is stable enough I cant wait to get started.
Here's my experience. Played it on release, gave me eyestrain. Went to turn it off after about 20-30 minutes as my eyes needed a rest, due go the visuals. Before I turned it off I thought I'd check out the sound of the Bentley on the special events. I just did lap after lap for about 40 minutes despite my eyes aching. The sound just kept pushing me on.

Anyway, I avoided playing yesterday as I still had eyestrain and headache ( not necessarily down to ACC ). I loaded it up just and did 30 mins of hot lapping on Suzuka mostly clear skies at 6am, this was a lot easier on my eyes and tbh I had to be forced to turn it off ( bloody women ). This game has so much to offer but you cant access it 100% of the time due to the FPS and AA. This game would be bloody great if it just looked and ran as smooth as AC, so I cant wait for a PS5 version but it will need more options like FOV.

Also regarding FFB, it is weak because they listened to GT drivers so their main was to replicate that rather than exaggerate FFB like other games, perhaps that was the wrong decision? They should offered a realism ffb ( seeing as some people love it ) and a more exaggerated one too. Anyone not happy with it is just gonna have to get use to and unlearn what they expect from ffb seeing as it doesnt look like Kunos are going to change it.

AC had this issue too, at least in some camera views.

Here's my experience. Played it on release, gave me eyestrain. Went to turn it off after about 20-30 minutes as my eyes needed a rest, due go the visuals. Before I turned it off I thought I'd check out the sound of the Bentley on the special events. I just did lap after lap for about 40 minutes despite my eyes aching. The sound just kept pushing me on.

Anyway, I avoided playing yesterday as I still had eyestrain and headache ( not necessarily down to ACC ). I loaded it up just and did 30 mins of hot lapping on Suzuka mostly clear skies at 6am, this was a lot easier on my eyes and tbh I had to be forced to turn it off ( bloody women ). This game has so much to offer but you cant access it 100% of the time due to the FPS and AA. This game would be bloody great if it just looked and ran as smooth as AC, so I cant wait for a PS5 version but it will need more options like FOV.

Also regarding FFB, it is weak because they listened to GT drivers so their main was to replicate that rather than exaggerate FFB like other games, perhaps that was the wrong decision? They should offered a realism ffb ( seeing as some people love it ) and a more exaggerated one too. Anyone not happy with it is just gonna have to get use to and unlearn what they expect from ffb seeing as it doesnt look like Kunos are going to change it.

I suppose this is all we can hope for on a 7 year old console.

I was a bit naive and thought automatically ACC would run like AC did, I expected the same game engine but different focus on competition.

If it does give me eye strain I will to back to AC for single player and GT sport for online, it's not a bad combination for a 7 year old console at the end of the day :)

I edited my post.:)

I'm sorry I just saw you have CSW V2, can you try with DRI set to Off.

Ok, I'll try that first thing tonight. I thought it was unusual for them to recommend adjusting that setting because I think it is off for every other game I have. But I still don't know why the steering lock resets to 0 and can't be adjusted unless I restart everything.

I suppose this is all we can hope for on a 7 year old console.

I was a bit naive and thought automatically ACC would run like AC did, I expected the same game engine but different focus on competition.

If it does give me eye strain I will to back to AC for single player and GT sport for online, it's not a bad combination for a 7 year old console at the end of the day :)
Or just play ACC set at 6am lol. I was really surprised it was announced for this gen, I would have put good money on it being launched on next gen only.

This is on the official 505 console FAQ does it mean the game actually detects your ps4 pro resolution setting?

Is there a difference in performance when running Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS4 and PS4 Pro?
* Draw distances
* Anti-aliasing
* Post process effects
* Particle effects

1800P & 1080P - framerate and stutter feel about the same.
1800P - looks so much crisper with cleaner textures too. However, lots of LOD changes and shadows popping into view only a few 10s of metres in front of your car.
1080P - far fewer LOD changes can be seen and shadows are far more solid. However, it looks absolutely awful on my 50" UHD TV.

* Draw distances
* Anti-aliasing
* Post process effects
* Particle effects

Yes, when set to a lower resolution (1080p) the console provides better image quality/graphics than when set to 4k as there's less pixels to draw (process) on screen.

* Draw distances
* Anti-aliasing
* Post process effects
* Particle effects

That's a good question,I'm not sure

Back