Assetto Corsa Competizione (Console) Review: Niche But Nice

Try this. I've found it pretty accurate. FWIW, I'm on PC and the aggressive setups are not easy to improve upon by much. A little tweaking here and there for my driving style and good to go usually. It's most important to get tire pressures in the right range (27.3-27.8) and use the brake temps to control temperatures and keep them in the ideal range although it's less important (90-100C). You'll need different settings here for a 15C track vs the same track at 40C, night vs. day etc. To tune tire pressure, run a couple of laps to get up to working temps then teleport back to the garage and immediately into the tuning setup. You'll see the PSI hot values there and can adjust pressures accordingly. When I save my setups I include the track temp in the title. That way if you go back to the same track it's easy to adjust pressures as temps go up or down. You can also set cold pressures in your pit stop tires. Keep in mind again, if you are pitting at night you'll want different pressures than in the heat of day etc.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/setup-guide-for-beginners.64264/
This is really informative and helpful. Thank you. I've been struggling with tire pressures.

Thank you. Here's hoping it works the same as you outlined on the PS4

This is really informative and helpful. Thank you. I've been struggling with tire pressures.

Thank you. Here's hoping it works the same as you outlined on the PS4
It does. Do laps, go to garage. Look at last pressure reading on track and adjust pressure to correct. Go back to track for a least four laps and then back to garage to fine tune.

Do this on half tanks.

I couldn't keep the car on track with default settings, but I found these and have been loving it since

Deadzone 0%
Speed Sensitivity 75%
Steer Filter 95%
Steer Speed 100%
Steer Gamma 1.5
Steer Assist Enabled

I realised I had an "issue" with the points scoring saying I was steering too much, due to the settings I had, so I've adopted yours except I have steer assist disabled and now I have no more messages of too much steering and green blocks

Well, i had my first 2 hours of it and there's a few things i totally dislike specially that once again, public lobbies follow the same dumb concept as the first AC.
Second, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here but, I can't use the ps4 controller to navigate menus having to do it with the steering wheel.
I wish it would have, at least, the GTE and LMP classes.
The pre set setups are terrible, exception for the new McLaren and it feels that steering inputs have a lag on it.
But...... once you get the handle of it and you have a really nice setup.... damn that thing is sooooo good.
I'm hoping that as soon as upgrades and PS5 start coming, it will be absolutely worthy to have it.

Its a blancpain series game. To expect or even hope for other cars completely irrelevant to this series is pointless. Its not gonna happen. There are other games (like AC!) for that.

I think there are a lot of things that need to improve in this game. However, i would not ever hold kunos in bad regard for not expanding the roster of cars (or tracks) beyond the stated scope, as much as i would love to drive the ACC physics engine with some classic race machines or on the Nordschleife.

Last edited:
Its a blancpain series game. To expect or even hope for other cars completely irrelevant to this series is pointless. Its not gonna happen. There are other games (like AC!) for that.
Errrm...
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acc-gt4-british-pack-and-console-release.179931/

"Assetto Corsa Competizione fans rejoice - lots and lots of exciting new announcements have been made about the simulation.

So, where to start? Well first up, this summer we are going to be in receipt of no less than 10 new car models for the simulation, with the arrival of the much hoped for GT4 paid DLC. Yes, GT4 cars are coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione! The new pack is expected to drop this summer for PC, with console versions receiving access to the DLC in fall.

In other news from the studio, the 'British Pack' DLC has been confirmed for a release this winter on both console and PC. Adding three new circuits that make up the full British GT calendar (Oulton Park, Snetterton and Donington Park according to the 2020 British GT Calendar). Little is known about the release at this stage, so no news on liveries / cars from the British GT Series, but stay tuned for more info as and when it becomes available.."

I've seen three people having drastically frame drop close to Eau Rouge. They
apparently were playing on standard ps4, good weather and during the day.

Has anyone already have this issue? How often?

Worth noting that his video was sponsored by the publisher...

There’s certainly a fab game here but if you’re not in a mad rush to get it, I’d wait if I were you until the various bugs are ironed out

Yeah I got that part and he criticized plenty of things it was the physics part that got me interested.

I won’t buy it without a demo or when it’s absurdly cheap.

I ran a Spa stress test before I published the article as I wanted to check that. I had no issue, also clear daytime on a base PS4 (slim, GT edition).

I haven't had it once yet. Is a strange one to see others having it. Looks nasty. I do get the occasional massive stutter at random times at random tracks though.

I think there are a lot of things that need to improve in this game. However, i would not ever hold kunos in bad regard for not expanding the roster of cars (or tracks) beyond the stated scope, as much as i would love to drive the ACC physics engine with some classic race machines or on the Nordschleife.

There are GT4 cars coming along with a British GT pack that has Donington, Snetterton and Oulton Park I believe... the British GT Championship is a SRO-run series too though so it still fits into the Blancpain/GTWC focus of the game.

Last edited:

I checked it today, there is no frame drop on the base PS4 through Eau Rouge, but there is on PS4 Pro from what I've seen all over youtube.

I'm enjoying the game. Cars are so easy to drive. FInally did a race at SIlverstone. Trailbraking is a joy. Big Lexus downshifting, smooth braking, holds its trajectory, apply throttle, TCS keeping the power delivery in check, straighten the steering,more throttle-full throttle, 2nd gear..3rd gear...4th....5th....lift-brake, 4..3..2. Repeat.

Seriously. It's ToCA 1 all over again. 👍

I'm enjoying the game. Cars are so easy to drive. FInally did a race at SIlverstone. Trailbraking is a joy. Big Lexus downshifting, smooth braking, holds its trajectory, apply throttle, TCS keeping the power delivery in check, straighten the steering,more throttle-full throttle, 2nd gear..3rd gear...4th....5th....lift-brake, 4..3..2. Repeat.

Seriously. It's ToCA 1 all over again. 👍
I tried trailbraking in the 720s and it killed me. I love how the cars are all from the same class but have their own unique handling styles. There's a few I don't like much but the rest are a joy.

I dont know if anyone has noticed this, but it is no longer ACC: The official Blancpain game.

Can anyone explain why I can only see the replay from like last 3-4 minutes ? :) is it the same on pc as it's on console ? :) quite sucks when you loose a replay from a good drive :)

After seeing this, I transferred my game file from external to internal HD and it appears to be running smoother. Thanks.

I was wondering if the game loads a chunk of data around that point on that track and they didn't take into account the slower drive speeds. Just a theory though.

Bloody loving it , After messing around with settings on the TV , updating to latest firmware on the T300 and rebuilding the database on the Pro I must say all these seem to have improved the overall experience and I'm having a blast.
Its not choppy and I can definitely spot my braking points better and without a problem now.
Very happy I made this purchase.

Back