Assetto Corsa Competizione (Console) Review: Niche But Nice

I bought the game today in order to support the developer. It’s still downloading, but I have a feeling they should have waited for next gen. Hopefully it runs better on ps5, but for now I’m showing support.

Project Cars allows about 45 mins. And GT Sport can do far far longer replays than that as well.

yeah I'm aware, I have those and love those as well. it's a limitation of the console version of ACC. Even though the replays are short, you can save the highlights which includes moments from the full race

yeah I'm aware, I have those and love those as well. it's a limitation of the console version of ACC. Even though the replays are short, you can save the highlights which includes moments from the full race
Exactly. AC limited my replays on PS4 as well.

When I chose quick race with 9 cars, I could see the full replay. Short races of course.

Oh, about that 720S, I didn't like it. Straight out the garage, no tuning: Snap! Snap! Snap! Like it's attracted to the kerbs. And you know what happens when you hit a kerb.

It’s really hard to drive smooth on this game due to the frame rate. If only polyphony cared about realism as much as they do performance and graphics. Hopefully a few patches can fix this game, because there’s a lot of potential.

It’s really hard to drive smooth on this game due to the frame rate. If only polyphony cared about realism as much as they do performance and graphics. Hopefully a few patches can fix this game, because there’s a lot of potential.

I have no issues driving smoothly.

Maybe your driving isn't as smooth as you thought?

The game isn't perfect but you can definitely drive smoothly.

Yep, I feel I can drive just as smoothly as GT Sport or F1 2019. Still, I have not noticed any frame rate issues at all - I am getting the vibe that the Xbox is not suffering as badly as the PS4 from the comments I am reading.

CJ

Yep, I feel I can drive just as smoothly as GT Sport or F1 2019. Still, I have not noticed any frame rate issues at all - I am getting the vibe that the Xbox is not suffering as badly as the PS4 from the comments I am reading.

CJ
Not sure anyone has even tried it on the original Xbox one but the frame rate on the og PS4 is faster than the ps4 pro. Could be the same deal with the Xboxs.

CJ

Im Im a base ps4 with no major issues. An occasional hiccup here and there but its very seldom

Well bugger me I thought that wasn’t a thing in this. Loved that feature in AC.

Is there similar customisation options in ACC?

I haven't had an in depth look at it. I'll have a look shortly for you and show the options. 👍

I thought there was more options. You have to choose one of the championships for the calendar but everything else seems relatively customisable..

20200629_154836.jpg

20200629_154803.jpg

Last edited:
This game absolutely needs PS5/XSX update. I really do hope it will get it one day. Even if it means this version but in 60 FPS. I love it is near perfect but technical side of this game is really struggling. There is hope actually. Most of console edition DLC's for ACC comes after PS5/XSX release date. So maybe they will update it some how?

Can anyone explain why I can only see the replay from like last 3-4 minutes ? :) is it the same on pc as it's on console ? :) quite sucks when you loose a replay from a good drive :)

I don’t why, but when you finishet race and race result come on screen it’s funny how it show replay from start.

Last edited:
So regardless of what I said before I stuck with ACC (on PSPRO) here are my unflitered thoughts (oftentimes relating to GTS):

-Should have started my career with the Audi
-Dynamic weather and time of day are features I don´t want to live without anymore
-Sound is a huge deal
-Need a spotter in every sim I play going forward
-Good and challenging AI is important
-There are amazing tracks in the world I didn´t know about.
-Kyalami is life
-4K is important (can´t see the boards)
-I want a wheel
-And a rig
-Have to convince my wife
-Hello Fanatec

Overall I´m really happy I stuck with it. It´s rough, it´s messy, it´s brilliant.
Hope it carries forward to the PS5 and we get 4k60 out of it at some point.

I bought the game today in order to support the developer. It’s still downloading, but I have a feeling they should have waited for next gen. Hopefully it runs better on ps5, but for now I’m showing support.
I was of the opinion it shouldn't have been released on this gen but I'm loving it now I've managed combat some of the fps issues.
ACC should have the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup included!
It does indeed.
So regardless of what I said before I stuck with ACC (on PSPRO) here are my unflitered thoughts (oftentimes relating to GTS):

-Should have started my career with the Audi
-Dynamic weather and time of day are features I don´t want to live without anymore
-Sound is a huge deal
-Need a spotter in every sim I play going forward
-Good and challenging AI is important
-There are amazing tracks in the world I didn´t know about.
-Kyalami is life
-4K is important (can´t see the boards)
-I want a wheel
-And a rig
-Have to convince my wife
-Hello Fanatec

Overall I´m really happy I stuck with it. It´s rough, it´s messy, it´s brilliant.
Hope it carries forward to the PS5 and we get 4k60 out of it at some point.
100%. The sound is what really makes this game engaging. It really makes you think "this is racing!" And yes to the 2nd bolder.

Yes, Kyalami is a marvelous track. I'm learning Misano as well. Paul Ricard seems straightforward, but it's tricky to me. The last 1/4 throws me off.

I ran Zandvoort in AC and Zolder in PC2. Those games helped me so much.

I've yet to run Kyalami, but i really like Misano. Obviously seen it lots in MotoGP but never been there in a car.

But it has great flow

I don’t why, but when you finishet race and race result come on screen it’s funny how it show replay from start.
It's most likely the Highlight-Replay. A system that detects exciting moments from the race and puts them together. Start is most likely always included ^^

I really have a hard time liking this game. I love the physics, cars/tracks and day/night/weather cycles but it's not really user friendly. I had the same problem with AC but this game seems to be worse in that aspect. Many issues for me but the worse was getting dsq multiple times for the first race in career mode after the pit stop. I first thought I was getting dsq for leaving the pit to fast. Later I realized it was for speading on entry. I guess getting a dsq is realistic but why wait till I have done my pit stop? Why nog just dsq me the moment I'm speeding?

The game could be more user friendly..

I really have a hard time liking this game. I love the physics, cars/tracks and day/night/weather cycles but it's not really user friendly. I had the same problem with AC but this game seems to be worse in that aspect. Many issues for me but the worse was getting dsq multiple times for the first race in career mode after the pit stop. I first thought I was getting dsq for leaving the pit to fast. Later I realized it was for speading on entry. I guess getting a dsq is realistic but why wait till I have done my pit stop? Why nog just dsq me the moment I'm speeding?

The game could be more user friendly..

So you dont like the game because you broke the rules and was notified 45sec later?

That's the most obtuse thing I've heard all week.

So you dont like the game because you broke the rules and was notified 45sec later?

That's the most obtuse thing I've heard all week.
No and no. It was not clear to me what rule I broke. The game could have done a better job notifying what rule I broke. To me it seemed like I broke the rule while driving away from the stop. I had auto pit limiter on and felt like I slowed enough. Practicing a pit stop should have been part of the drivers test in my opinion.

And it's not 45 seconds. It's having to restart half way through a 20 minute race.. and I also said there are more problems with game (lack of wheel button pre sets, ffb bug, no tutorial or explanation of what settings do). It's not a user friendly game.

Back