Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Console Gameplay Videos

Anyone can say if it's same ui as pc? Looks a little basic, although i hope there is a few ui options like in ac at least.

I haven’t seen the console UI yet but can say with certainty the PC UI was designed for console. Boxes.

So I would assume they are the same.

They made a decision to port the game to current gen consoles. It way their decision. 30fps is unnaccaptable for a sim everyone knows that and if they found out they cannot run the game at 60 they should have just cancelled it. They will get critized accordingly, I don’t care what physics they have.

Now it’s just gonna backfire on them and I’d be surprised if they sold a million copies after this fiasco.

I'm not sure if you followed Kunos since they started with AC, when ACC was announced, first thing that most of us in Stefano's stream asked was if it is coming to consoles, his answer was no... Not sure why they didn't listen to their main programmer of the game, and released this to PS4 and xBOne, where modern PCs with lower end CPUs struggle (I know, I had FX8350 before I switched to Ryzen)...

Im sure the publisher pushed for current gen version for the huge base, but the devs aren't too enthusiastic about it for the reason it shows their work in a pale view compared to what it is on pc.
And what they'll be able to do on new gen.
I'd be curious to see gameplay with like 12 ai or more, in cockpit, bit worrying to see just one car and from 3rd person.

30fps aside, this has been an utter car crash of an unveiling.

Months ago they said they'd release it to console and then we've had no information, no screenshots, no gameplay.

Today, a week from release they did a live "preview event" where they didn't even show the game, instead they had a little chat about eSports, based on pre-selected questions there are nothing to do with the game, much less the console version. In an hour they managed maybe 2 minutes about the console version of the game, they asked one of the devs about it and he struggled to sound even remotely postiive, one of the other blokes was yawning.

Thanks to GTP staff we actually get to see some footage.

This is absolutely not the way to develop, promote and release a game. Kunos and 505 should be utterly ashamed.

I hear lots of "you can't compare it to GT Sport because physics". Thing is its not the only game that runs over 30fps is it ?

And don't get your hopes up about next gen either, they said they haven't even looked at those consoles yet. Given this is very likely to flop on console I doubt they'll bother and evne if they do you'll probably be paying again for it.

I think Kunos could have done better for console but basically don't really have any interest. It feels very much like they and 505 had a gun to heir head to release on console and neither actually wanted to do it.

They made a decision to port the game to current gen consoles. It way their decision. 30fps is unnaccaptable for a sim everyone knows that and if they found out they cannot run the game at 60 they should have just cancelled it. They will get critized accordingly, I don’t care what physics they have.

Now it’s just gonna backfire on them and I’d be surprised if they sold a million copies after this fiasco.

Not even gonna talk about the framepacing and stutters :lol:

As said before that current gen hardware is crap. And tbh as concole user you are not used to 30fps ?

It's not that hard for a cpu this generation to run an advanced physics engine. It's really not that taxing, unless you make ALL 30 CARS in singleplayer use it.

...this is me testing AC engine few years ago regarding physics on my old FX8350 @4.0GHz (which is BTW running 2,5x faster then PS4 CPU, cores are basically same), 36 cars AI driven, engine is crashing all time, and slowing simulation... now PS4 vs PC regarding physics calculations was 240Hz vs 333Hz, but even considering this, and a bit less cars (30 in this case) it is too much for old Jaguar CPU... And I doubt that ACC will run lower then 240Hz on physics, and with all that, it is more advanced then ACs. Only thing that is good, ACC uses only GT3 cars, so maybe there is something easier for engine to do, but still...

I said quite a few times I would be there day one but the whole présentation and gameplay vids have put quite a few doubts in my head. Not sure if I'll proceed the purchase atm. Maybe it is best to wait for the patchcycle to finish and see how it works out .

Hmm not sure anymore :indiff: Hopefully the next couple of days give some more insights to all this .

Most likely I'll go with another racinggame.

A lot of sims don't use near player physics for their AI for that exact reason @rex1825. In order to have a good single player experience for a lot of PC systems they usually have their own AI system, without much difference

That looked rough as hell. The replay footage almost gave me a headache how choppy it was.

The d-pad gameplay footage doesn’t look much better either. What the hell is going on with the car’s shadow? I also have my serious doubts that this will hold a solid 30fps with dynamic weather and ToD.

Sadly, I’m going to have to pass for the time being.

...this title is pushed to get few bucks out of old consoles, it will be next gen title for sure.

A lot of sims don't use near player physics for their AI for that exact reason @rex1825. In order to have a good single player experience for a lot of PC systems they usually have their own AI system, without much difference

...not AC, believe me...

...this is me testing AC engine few years ago regarding physics on my old FX8350 @4.0GHz (which is BTW running 2,5x faster then PS4 CPU, cores are basically same), 36 cars AI driven, engine is crashing all time, and slowing simulation... now PS4 vs PC regarding physics calculations was 240Hz vs 333Hz, but even considering this, and a bit less cars (30 in this case) it is too much for old Jaguar CPU... And I doubt that ACC will run lower then 240Hz on physics, and with all that, it is more advanced then ACs. Only thing that is good, ACC uses only GT3 cars, so maybe there is something easier for engine to do, but still...

Optimization and team talent optimization is the key.

Real F1 simulators runs on huuuuge groups of computers. But with optimization you can do an aproximatif simulation on a single pc that is what pc simulators are and consoles simulators are.

All can be almost infinite cpu demanding without any optimization.

...this title is pushed to get few bucks out of old consoles, it will be next gen title for sure.

Bad reputation is very very risky !...

Just in case anyone here is Brian Coogan on Facebook, or has the same impression as him:

upload_2020-6-16_21-27-38.png

... these aren't our clips. They're direct from the PR agency. I've added a little bit to the article just to clarify that.

A long time ago I was offered a review code, but I've not had it yet, so I haven't played it.

What did everyone really expect? I was disappointed by today events but Im not surprised by the numbers. My expectations were low, I was shocked it was even coming to this gen. Not sure why some are so angry. You cant compare the developement of this game to Forza and GT, thats being naive. The amount of time, money and resources dedicated to just the UI is probably triple that of the entirety development of ACC.

Im on xbox, I'll take whatever I can get. Its unfortunate but hell, I guarentee if Kunos came out and said we're not going to release on current gen because we cant hit 60fps everyone here would be yelling " who care, just release it anyway."

Who in the PR department thought it was a good idea to show a driving video with a choppy pad player who doesn't know how to drive and can't even follow the recommended driving line?

Someone should have just stayed in bed today...

That was terrible and cringe worthy...

Excellent marketing work !

Well I wondered why there was not even a single screenshot and now I know why.
They sounded very disinterested in the console version which hardly fills you with confidence does it.
A bit of extra cash for the PC coffers I think , I won't pre order it and I'll see whether to go one x or Pro version if any.

A long time ago I was offered a review code, but I've not had it yet, so I haven't played it.

I hope my code is arriving at the end of this week.

I wonder about Fanatec support, my WAP group is sharing some todays' pics from their FB account where mods can't clearly answer about it, like they dodge answers. I do not like having that feeling again.

Hello Adrew LTNS :)

What did everyone really expect? I was disappointed by today events but Im not surprised by the numbers. My expectations were low, I was shocked it was even coming to this gen. Not sure why some are so angry. You cant compare the developement of this game to Forza and GT, thats being naive. The amount of time, money and resources dedicated to just the UI is probably triple that of the entirety development of ACC.

Im on xbox, I'll take whatever I can get. Its unfortunate but hell, I guarentee if Kunos came out and said we're not going to release on current gen because we cant hit 60fps everyone here would be yelling " who care, just release it anyway."

Dude. Imagine Ferrari saying

“We can build supercar for middle-class. It will be same as our other cars, but much cheaper.”

Yes, the expectations would be low, but imagine Ferrari then comes in with a 250bhp car that is unreliable, looks ugly and doesn’t even have proper service infrastructure. (And, say, it has good handling.)

That’s ACC on consoles in a nutshell.

Back