Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Console Gameplay Videos

Again people being to hard on a game and expecting to much. In my opinion I think it looks and runs fine and sounds good too, also like the hud more than project cars 3 from what I have seen. Well I pre ordered anyway so looking forward to it. Getting Xbox one X version.

Last edited:
30fps????????

Is this 100% confirmed? I have to cancel my pre-order then... That’s absurd. No way...

Unreal Engine 4 is very memory intensive for current consoles and is hard to optimize for performance. The MotoGP games also use UE4 engine and runs at 30fps on Pro :lol: . Not surprised by 30fps because even on my PC that has better specs than PS4 and much better CPU it still runs like butt unless I crank all of the settings down, but when I do the game looks worse than some ps3 games and still fails to stay locked at 60.

I guess they switched to UE4 for the better creation toolset to create tracks for their small dev team, but it came at a cost of needing beefy specs. I dunno why they even bothered with current consoles, hopefully the next gen consoles get a performance patch.

Last edited:
Well all the programmers in this chat that has made their views know about how crap the games is etc .
Why don't you all work together & bring us a game that is better than this.
I am not a programmer & I have no clue how to make a game this good but I do know I will pay my £30 on the date of release.
Last year I spent £70 on a crap F1 game that I wish I could get a refund.
This year I purchased PC2 that everyone was say is crap & also GTS which everyone said was great.
I deleted F1 & the best part of GTS is the livery editor.
I completely enjoy the crap PC2 with full damage & it's bugs
So I guess I will be the only person enjoying ACC on PS4.
One thing I learnt in life don't over assume things & don't make a picture in your head off what you want when you have not put in the work to make the item.
Yes save your money & don't buy the game that way you won't get disappointed.

Why should a company give u a preview? Why can't u just wait? Hell sometimes it sounds like kids around a Christmas tree trying to spoil the surprise by opening the gift b4 the day.
I guess that the problem now a days no one's can wait everything's a rush

Last edited:
Exactly. The expectations of most people are unrealistic.

The expectation I had was for them to show the slightest bit of interest in the consle version, thats all.

The problem is that its very clear both Kunos and 505 games couldn't care less about the console version. I mean, they didn't even show any footage of the game in the preview event for the game. The few minutes they did spend talking about it had the developer struggling to even say anything remotely positive about the game and one of the other blokes yawning. The rest of the time was taken up with talking about eSports.

Before GT Planet got hold of some footage from 505/Kunos we'd seen no gameplay, not even a screenshot.

They haven't even bothered to look at next gen.

There is zero enthusiasm, its like someone is forcing them to put it on console and they'd really rather not bother.

It doesnt bode well for future support does it, the GT4 DLC is already scheduled for later than PC.

Had they actually put some effort in and actually promoted the game, shown some early footage, generated some interest they could have had a positive launch and got a community going, even with the technical issues. But they didn't, as a result its very unlikely to sell well and as a result get less interest from Kunos, which means it'll get less sales and interest from gamers and the whole thing beomces a self fulfilling prophecy.. Who knows, with a bit of effort they could have exceeded 30fps, especially on the Pro/1X - other games certainly do - could have been the cherry on the cake...

As it is, this is pretty good example of how not to release a game. I'm utterly baffled by their attitude and approach. I'm also disappointed, because on paper the game sounded really appealing, but the reality is that Kunos & 505 are not interested in it, so why should I be ?

Its all too late now. The best thing they can do is to look at Unreal 5 and moving to next gen, get the thing doing 4k60 and for goodness sake talk it up show us what they're working on, engage sim fans, get a following going. Aim for a release in a year or so with all DLC to date in it for full price. If they can pull this off it could become the reference point for all sims and more importnatly, make some money! The tricky bit about this is Sony wiill have GT7 arriving and MS Forza 8, so they might need to work a launch date a little. I'd love ot think this was a possibility, but somehow given their attitude, I doubt it will happen.

Maybe Kunos need to work with an other publisher. I wonder if there is any mileage in seeing if they can get some help from Epic to work on Unreal 5 - Epic get some maturity in the new version, Kunos get some help to implement / get some enhancements to suit them in and then both use it as a bit of a showcase for Unreal 5..

Until they change their attitude its not ever going to get better...

Well all the programmers in this chat that has made their views know about how crap the games is etc .
Why don't you all work together & bring us a game that is better than this.
I am not a programmer & I have no clue how to make a game this good but I do know I will pay my £30 on the date of release.
Last year I spent £70 on a crap F1 game that I wish I could get a refund.
This year I purchased PC2 that everyone was say is crap & also GTS which everyone said was great.
I deleted F1 & the best part of GTS is the livery editor.
I completely enjoy the crap PC2 with full damage & it's bugs
So I guess I will be the only person enjoying ACC on PS4.
One thing I learnt in life don't over assume things & don't make a picture in your head off what you want when you have not put in the work to make the item.
Yes save your money & don't buy the game that way you won't get disappointed.
Preach.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I guess I been around before PlayStation & still remember the boxes we drove around & appreciate what we get now.
Will bar F1 consistency of letting me down with the hype PR video & misleading information.:lol:
Ya, I'm there with you. Sega Genesis and N64 didn't really do us anything until PS1. I'll never forget seeing Twisted Metal for the first time and was like "wait, we can go around the buildings?" :eek:

As with Project Cars 3, I'm very interested to see how this will run on next gen consoles. The Series X in particular is an absolute beast of a machine so are there any reasons (beside the developers choosing not to do so) why there shouldn't be at least 60 fps and the large grids of 50 cars when next gen arrives?

I said here last year it would be 30fps.
It has to be, the physics alone take so many cores graphics and frame rate have to take a hit.
The videos do look more choppy than I expected.
I think this is from whoever's driving using a controller instead of a wheel.

Ok, this was already a hard enough purchase to justify when there is so little content in this game compared to F1 2020 and Project CARS 3 which are coming out at a similar time.

Dynamic time and weather is good but PC2 can do all of that while still supporting much larger grids and it has a much larger amount of content.

The downgrade to 30 fps is pretty unforgivable when every racing game on the PS4 does 60. Framerate does matter when playing these kinds of reactionary games, that's why some people are freaking out about it so much.

I know YouTube compression and everything, but it looks like the track detail has been toned down some compared to the PC version and is making it look kind of dull to me.

Looks like I'm going to be waiting for either a sale or skipping this one altogether on consoles. I'll be buying PC3 or F1 2020 instead.

2020 there is still a racing game that run like PS1. I didn't expect ACC on now gen console would be terrible like this. It just makes the developer look so bad. Maybe they can fix the game through future updates!?
Have you played a PS1 game lately? I have and even the "bad" videos here are a dream compared to PS1, so let's not go overboard on the hyperbole.

As with Project Cars 3, I'm very interested to see how this will run on next gen consoles. The Series X in particular is an absolute beast of a machine so are there any reasons (beside the developers choosing not to do so) why there shouldn't be at least 60 fps and the large grids of 50 cars when next gen arrives?
Next gen would be a direct port of the PC version one assumes. No need for them to cut or add anything really. Hopefully we will get cross platform play for PC, X, and PS5. This applies to both ACC and PC3.

I'm not a fanboy, but dang! I'm no computer whiz, but goodness gracious... This isn't like that Simbin touring car game I bought on PS3. If Kunos are saying the physics and sounds are like the PC version and only graphics suffer, I'll be fine with it.

More than 20 cars would have been better in my eyes and I'll have to make do with a split field of 10 GT3 & 10 GT4 cars(when those arrive). I can't recall Kunos big upping the game, to say it's going to smash all racing games on console.

Not defending the game at all. AC1 doesn't look like Gran Turismo. I'm not expecting it to look any better than AC1 either. After seeing the Audi bump the AMG and the car doesn't just spear off the track, I'm looking forward to see if the AI behaviour is better than AC1.

To those people who are complaining about 30FPS I know it's not ideal, but honestly what did you expect. ACC can be taxing for a relatively good PC even at just 1080p.

Honestly it's kind of funny how technologically out of touch people are - expecting a game that almost kills PCs to run at a full 60FPS on ancient hardware which is totally outclassed in every respect by an average modern smartphone.

I amazed they got it to work at all on current consoles.

I don't mind about 30fps. Look at SLR Evo which is considered to have one of the best physics on console.

What I find worrying though is that lack of enthusiasm by Kunos itself and with the gameplay shown, they make it even worse. Like they don't even try to do damage control.

Next few days will most likely have some more YT footage and maybe as well a couple of reviews. Lets see what it brings.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I guess I been around before PlayStation & still remember the boxes we drove around & appreciate what we get now.
Will bar F1 consistency of letting me down with the hype PR video & misleading information.:lol:
For real. This is my earliest memory of video racing games I playerd at home. I'm thankful there are plenty of more realistic racing games to play today.
Atari-2600-05s.jpg

Don't bet on anything, Kunos haven't even looked at next gen (they said so yesterday). Until we hear different this will run exactly as it is on next gen - to think otherwise will just cause disappointment.

I don't buy the "but its old hardware" argument, plenty of other games run at higher FPS even on the base consoles. The Pro and 1X are not 7 years old. The reality is that Kunos/505 are not really interested in the console version, how else can you explain having a preview event for a game and then not actually show the game! If it wasn't for GTP staff we still even wouldn't have a screenshot, let alone footage.

As long as you dont dont get a penalty for being punted or getting barged on in a corner, I'll be all over this. Dunno if my 3-4 yr old 4k tv even does more than 30 fps in all honesty, I wouldnt even notice the difference.
Im buying day 1 no questions asked on ps4 pro, credits are already in my e-wallet .

Dont get what it is these days with everyone wanting to crucify developers over little details or a bad screenshot/video, leaks, etc...
Before the game is even out.
The game is half price, cut'em some slack y'alls.

to be honest i don't mind 30 FPS lock. If it is decently done then it won't be bad. Look how Driveclub plays, it is decent game and 30FPS is good enough for it. I know ACC is more advanced simulation than DC but it will be playable on 30FPS.

My only concern is frame pacing, it doesn't look smooth on those gameplays something is off with it. I hope it will be solid 30FPS without any drops and with good framepacing.

Back