Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Console Gameplay Videos

PS4 runs 1080p. Xbox One X runs 2160p. PS4 Pro runs 1080p. I’m not saying the game is not demanding, I’m just saying they didn’t do PS4 Pro justice.
PS Pro has also 1800p checkerboard option.

Here's the full FAQ they published

Next week, Assetto Corsa Competizione launches onto PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The team here are incredibly excited and we’re looking forward to introducing the console crowd to the official GT World Challenge Series title when we launch on June 23. With that in mind, we’ve put together a useful little blog that covers a bunch of FAQs that we’ve picked up on over the last few weeks across our social media channels. We will keep this guide up to date with the latest info as and when we receive commonly asked questions from the community.

What is Assetto Corsa Competizione?
Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official GT World Challenge video game. Thanks to the extraordinary quality of simulation, the game will allow you to experience the real atmosphere of the GT3 homologated championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits. Using sophisticated mathematical models, the engine carefully simulate tyre grip, aerodynamic impact, engine parameters, suspensions and electronics systems that determine vehicle balance, as well as the influence of mechanical damage on the car’s drivability. Offering photo realistic weather conditions and graphics, night races, motion capture animations, it’s a new standard in terms of driving realism and immersion.

When does Assetto Corsa Competizione launch onto console?
Assetto Corsa Competizione launches onto PS4 and Xbox One on June 23, 2020.

Can I pre-order Assetto Corsa Competizione at retail?
Yes, Assetto Corsa Competizione is available to pre-order at retail. For more info, head to our website: https://acc.505games.com/

Can I pre-order Assetto Corsa Competizione digitally?
Assetto Corsa Competizione is now available to pre-order digitally on Xbox One.

Can I pre-order ACC digitally on PlayStation® 4?
Unfortunately, we’re unable to take digital pre-orders on PlayStation® 4. However, this doesn’t mean you’ll miss out on the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC content. At launch, we’ll be giving you the opportunity to pick up ACC with the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC at no extra cost. But only for 2 weeks! After this time, the DLC will then be available later this summer. More info coming soon.

Why should I pre-order Assetto Corsa Competizione?
Xbox pre-orders (both digital and boxed versions)* will get the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC for free. PlayStation® 4 pre-orders for boxed versions* will get the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC and a static theme for free. PlayStation® 4 purchases from Sony stores* from 23 June 2020 to 7 July 2020 will get the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC and a static theme for free.

AC_Vanity_image_PEGI_UK.jpg

As an Xbox user, why do we have to pre-order Assetto Corsa Competizione on Xbox One in order to obtain the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC, when PlayStation® users don’t have to?
Unfortunately, we’re unable to take PS4 pre-orders at this time but of course, we want to make sure everyone is able to get hold of the DLC content at launch. The decision we’ve taken allows us to serve both communities.

Why do PlayStation® users have 2 weeks to get hold of the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC at launch? Yet Xbox users don’t?
We don’t want PS4 users to miss out on the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC as a result of not being able to pre-order. That’s why we’ll be giving PS4 the opportunity to pick up the DLC at no extra cost for a very limited time post-launch. (2 weeks) Xbox users won’t miss out on the Intercontinental GT Pack if they decide to pre-order.

What does the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC contain?
The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione introduces four iconic international circuits from four different continents – Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit (South Africa), Suzuka Circuit (Japan), Weathertech®️ Raceway Laguna Seca (United States) and Mount Panorama Circuit (New South Wales Australia). Players owning these tracks will extend the GT Series to the Intercontinental GT Challenge by Pirelli, providing a challenging driving experience using an exclusive layout finely reproduced with Laserscan®️ technology, allowing for extreme track reproduction precision and detail. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC also adds more than 45 new car liveries, 30 new teams and 50 new drivers along with all-new game modes from the real-life Intercontinental GT Challenge powered by Pirelli.

If I don’t pre-order Assetto Corsa Competizione, can I still get hold of the Intercontinental GT Pack?
Yes, the Intercontinental GT Pack will be available to purchase as a standalone DLC later this summer.

Does Assetto Corsa Competizione have VR support in the console edition?
No, the console edition of Assetto Corsa Competizione does not support VR.

Is there a difference in performance when running Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS4 and PS4 Pro?
PS4 Pro in 1080p output mode has improved:
* Draw distances
* Anti-aliasing
* Post process effects
* Particle effects
In 4K output mode Assetto Corsa Competizione runs up to 3200×1800

What resolutions and FPS will Assetto Corsa Competizione run at?
Base PS4 is 1080p and 30 FPS
Base Xbox One is 900p and 30 FPS

Is there a difference in performance when running Assetto Corsa Competizione on Xbox One and Xbox One X?
Xbox One X is native 4K with the same quality improvements as listed for the PS4 Pro edition of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Is there a Career mode in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
Yes, there is a full career mode in Assetto Corsa Competizione, which is accessible via the main menu. Before heading out on track, users will have the ability to set their difficultly, with the options to enable or disable the Automatic Gearbox, Ideal Line and Duration. Other difficulty settings will be set later in the Career.

Does Assetto Corsa Competizione support local multiplayer?
No, Assetto Corsa Competizione does not support local multiplayer on console.

How many players can compete online in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
Up to 20 players can play online in Assetto Corsa Competizione.

How does multiplayer work in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
Online multiplayer can be selected via the main menu. From here, users can select their Team, join Public Multiplayer via Quick Join or join a Competition Server.

Team – Users can sleect any available car and customise.
Quick Join – Users can quick join one of the available multiplayer servers.
Competition Server – To register in a Competition server, the user needs to fall under the mentioned requirements in the rating system. Once a user is eligible, they can register to the Competition Server and wait until the event starts.

To successfully finish the event, the user need to complete the following…
Free Practice
Qualifying
Race

At the time of writing, there are no private lobbies in Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Does Assetto Corsa Competizione have anything in place to ensure clean racing online?
The most important part in the comprehensive Rating system is the “Safety Rating (SA)” component. Once unlocked, it will track the virtual Trust and Incidents both in Multiplayer and AI races. Public Servers are set up with different SA requirements, offering different levels of protected racing. Additionally, the Competition Servers run very high SA requirements. To enjoy clean racing in Multiplayer, make sure to keep an eye on your Ratings in the Main Menu/Driver/Ratings page and maximise your Safety Rating. The widget in the upper right area of the screen will guide the player through the first steps needed in order to unlock all the racing indicators (TR: track competence, CC: Car Control, CN: Consistency, SA: Safety, PC: Pace, RC: Racecraft)

Driver-Rating.jpg

How do Special Events work in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
At launch, players will be presented with a set of Special Events, which will run until September. Following these events, PC and console players can expect monthly Special Events. Stay tuned for more info.

Special-Events.jpg

Does Assetto Corsa Competizione have controller support?
Yes, Assetto Corsa Competizione supports controllers.

Which cars are included in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
Honda NSX GT3
Honda NSX GT3 Evo
Aston Martin Racing V12 Vantage GT3
Aston Martin Racing V8 Vantage GT3
Audi R8 LMS GT3
Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo
Bentley Continental GT3 (2015 spec)
Bentley Continental GT3 (2018 spec)
BMW M6 GT3 (2018 spec)
Ferrari 488 GT3 (2018 spec)
Emil Frey Jaguar G3
Reiter Engineering R-EX GT3
Lamborghini Huracán GT3
Lamborghini Huracán GT3 Evo
Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo (2015 spec)
Lexus RC F GT3
McLaren 650S GT3
McLaren 720S GT3
Mercedes-AMG GT3
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2015 spec)
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2018 spec)
Porsche 911 (991) GT3 R
Porsche 911 (991II) GT3 Cup
Porsche 911 (991II) GT3 R

Car-Selection2-.jpg

Which tracks are included in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
Brands Hatch -UK
Silverstone Circuit -UK
Misano World Circuit -Italy
Autodromo Nazionale di Monza -Italy
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps -Belgium
Circuit Zolder -Belgium
Circuit Zandvoort -Netherland
Circuit Paul Ricard -France
Hungaroring -Hungary
Nurburgring -Germany
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya -Spain

Track-Selection.jpg

When will the upcoming GT4 Pack paid DLC be available?
The GT4 Pack paid DLC, adding +10 new GT4 cars, will be available this summer on PC Steam, and this fall on consoles.

When will the upcoming British Pack paid DLC be available?
The British Pack paid DLC, offering 3 new iconic circuits that complete the 7-race calendar of the British GT Championship, will be available this winter for both PC Steam and consoles.

What rating has Assetto Corsa Competizione been given?
Assetto Corsa Competizione’s ESRB rating is “E” (“Everyone”).
Assetto Corsa Competizione’s PEGI rating is “3”

The 3rd person pad or kb? gameplay, you can see the player is even always full on throttle or off, and full on brake or off. I mean i know gt3 have aids but it's not f1, maybe he needs to just tap them to not lose it. I hope they don't view all consoles simmers like that hehe.

The PR event was an absolute joke but let's be real people, less than 40 pounds for a racing game with (supposedly) good physics and end of the day decent graphics and sound, quite good if you ask me.

There are way :censored:ier games selling for 60 pounds so...

I wonder about Fanatec support, my WAP group is sharing some todays' pics from their FB account where mods can't clearly answer about it, like they dodge answers. I do not like having that feeling again.
Just to be sure: You want to know if Fanatec wheels will be supported by ACC on consoles(PS4/Xbox)?

Last edited:
WRC 8 runs at 30fps 4k res on xbox one x and is very smooth considering. I am hoping the same will count for ACC on X.

As a note i tried WRC 8 at 1080p 30fps and it felt choppy in comparison to 4K 30 fps. So here is hoping the 4k version runs at a more stable fps without any dips. Also will be running with external SSD which should halp.

It says 1080p.

How lazy are they to make PS4 Pro run at 1080p@30, while PS4 slim does the same and Xbox One X runs at 2160p@30.

This is unnaccaptable.
It's not lazy nor unacceptable. It's not law that it must be 60fps.

We've seen what Forza and GT Sport can do with that hardware, so yes this is lazy. They should have just held the release for next-gen consoles.
Yes, its lazy of a 20 person team that is releasing its 2nd game on console to not be able to match the 60 FPS of a first party 300 strong team that took years to release it's only game this gen in GTsport.
they should have held it for the next gen consoles, this is a disservice for their work, kunos and 505games are to blame for it.

Sounds are great, I can only hope for this sound quality for GT7.
(
Completely agree. This is by far the worst campaign to an eagerly awaited game I've ever seen. Its almost as if the team are ashamed of it and hoping no one realises they released it due to be forced to releasing it ( my assumption).

Do I cancel my pre order and risk losing put on the free dlc or do I keep it?

Decisions..

Although AC isn't perfect on ps4 I enjoy it just fine while on track. My main issue was the awful menus, absolutely nightmare to set up my t150 and the just as bad in rave UI.

If they fixed that I would be happy with my purchase for £35.

With weather and time of day changes I do feel like it could run worse than AC bit who knows with the limited footage we have...

Mmmmm I was excited to see the fireworks,instead it was just a couple of bottle rockets .So many issues with this unveiling ,that I'm not even going to waste my time going over it . Go ahead and waste your money on this Pinto.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone here is Brian Coogan on Facebook, or has the same impression as him:

View attachment 931048

... these aren't our clips. They're direct from the PR agency. I've added a little bit to the article just to clarify that.

A long time ago I was offered a review code, but I've not had it yet, so I haven't played it.
Wow was it the same person that leaked spoilers for last of us 2 Haha!
Do I cancel my pre order and risk losing put on the free dlc or do I keep it?

Decisions..

Although AC isn't perfect on ps4 I enjoy it just fine while on track. My main issue was the awful menus, absolutely nightmare to set up my t150 and the just as bad in rave UI.

If they fixed that I would be happy with my purchase for £35.

With weather and time of day changes I do feel like it could run worse than AC bit who knows with the limited footage we have...
I would just wait closer to release. See if any better footage comes out. I'm wondering if this pushed Stefano Casillo to leave Kunos, maybe pressuring then to release on console with him thinking it would damage their rep? He's developing a sailing sim now so it seams he wants to work with no deadlines forced by others.

Well I'm disappointed no private lobbies but it sounds like that may change in the future.

However one thing that press release confirms is that the British pack is coming 'this' winter.

The other thing it confirms is that you should not play this game using the x button for throttle and d-pad for steering, especially if you aren't much good at racing games. Seriously they couldn't even be bothered to get a wheel out for the official launch footage? Did they just ask a random 505 intern to get 5 minutes of play from his bedroom set-up this morning? Truly bizarre

Last edited:
This is the first footage that has appeared from Kunos / 505games. they didn't even show this in their own "preview event".

The game launches in 7 days. The chances of improved footage appearing is very low.
I'm absolutely convinced now that Kunos want nothing to do with this console release. I just went on Marco Massaruttos FB page, the co founder of Kunos and licensing manager. The only post from him today is a story about a cat! I love cats, but yikes. I checked the physics guy Aris' fb page, nothing. I checked the sound guys page, nothing. Absolutely nothing from any of them. Even though Stefano has left Kunos I would have thought a message of support from him would have been posted, but no. Tgis is looking pretty bad.

Edit: Just thought, theres no particular reason for them to comment anything today. Having said that they're clearly not that excited about it.

Last edited:
It would have been nice to see a 1080P 60fps mode on the XB1X... Wishful thinking.
Yes, that should be achievable on xbox one x (i think) or at least solid/locked 30 fps both during races and replays at 1080p. As mentioned above elsewhere WRC8 does it without issues (30 fps) and it's perfectly playable. What's shown in the clips doesn't inspire much confidence although it's running on a base ps4 apparently. Without more info we are left wondering...

Personally I didn’t care about lack of gameplay or screenshots. However what worry’s me is the quality of the gameplay, the driver cannot drive (a regular thing) also YouTube compression exists. I’ll still buy it, I’ll still play it. It’s a racing game out on console. If I had the money for a pc I would play on pc. Try ac on pc with ai it’s bad very laggy on low end pcs. We have had few racing games on this gen. and even less good ones. After all it’s better than nothing.

Yes, that should be achievable on xbox one x (i think) or at least solid/locked 30 fps both during races and replays at 1080p. As mentioned above elsewhere WRC8 does it without issues (30 fps) and it's perfectly playable. What's shown in the clips doesn't inspire much confidence although it's running on a base ps4 apparently. Without more info we are left wondering...

I just watched a race replay on XB1X around a wet raining spa, I didn't have the sound on but actually I thought it looked quite nice...hmmm.

2020 there is still a racing game that run like PS1. I didn't expect ACC on now gen console would be terrible like this. It just makes the developer look so bad. Maybe they can fix the game through future updates!?

Not to get people’s hopes up, but it doesn’t actually say anywhere that PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are restricted to 30fps. While a higher framerate isn’t listed among the benefits of the mid gen consoles, it could perhaps be an unlocked framerate scenario? I’m probably wrong but the wording in the guide isn’t clear cut.

Back