Assetto Corsa Competizione Full Release Version Now Available

The definition of matchmaking varies depending on who you ask. The game has a quick join button that takes your preferences and ratings into account to select the best possible race. Now, is this matchmaking? People were expecting something similar to what GT Sport does, but:
1. ACC doesn't and will never have the playerbase GT Sport has.
2. GT Sport requires a PS Plus subscription, and is backed by the powerful Sony.

They also weren't trying to do a carbon copy of existing systems in other games. That said, I did join a random lobby last night (that I found using the weights/preferences), with clean and close racing throughout.

new beta 1.0.2 available before official fix :
FYI, do not switch back to official channel after going through beta before the official fix is out otherwise config file will gives you issues.

1.0.2 Preview (eventual public hotfix changelist subject to changes)

GENERAL:
- The .exe now starts in "-nohmd" mode if "-vr" is not specified.
This now allows direct shortcuts with "-vr" command and reduces the number of required launch modes in Steam.
- Fixed a crash when pausing the game from the helicam.

GAMEPLAY:
- Added savegame system in Career and Championship modes.
- Savegame feature is not available in Hotlap and Hotstint mode
- Improved general .json encoding system.
- Added structure to manage multiple savegames (Single Player).
NOTE: not yet enabled in the public build.
- Added auto-saving after complete sessions in Career and Championship.
- Fixed driver stint status in savegame.
- Fixed incorrectly forced 10-minute driver stint length in championship and career.
- Fixed inaccurate session results in some savegames.
- Fixed Fanatec LEDs building in reverse order (due to a change in the Fanatec SDK).
- Updated controller presets.
- Fixes to MP replays (e.g. flickering spawned cars when the replay was shorter than the session).
- Fixes to game stability.
- Tweaks to accident/yellow-flag highlights.
- Fixed a bug of 'ghost cars' appearing in some cases in multiplayer highlights.
- Added option to customize weather for championship rounds.
NOTE: selecting "Custom" weather allows the player to customize the weather for every championship round before each event.
- Fixed end-race cameras and car positions (e.g. back from replay after end-race highlights).
- Fixed HUD disappearing after trying to play an invalid replay.
- Revised AI skill levels in Career in various difficulty settings.
- More straightforward session-end:
Added status message at the end of sessions informing the player to wait for all opponents to cross the finish line before proceeding to the next session.
- Fixed ignition turning off when killing the engine during pit stops.

UI:
- Added mouse input in VR.
- Fixed an issue with navigating the MFD in VR.
- Fixed tyre sets section being incorrectly active when wet compound was selected in the tyre and strategy windows in the Setup screen.
- Fixed incorrect title in the Championship car selection menu.

AUDIO:
- Audio communications optimization.

GRAPHICS:
- Added another AA method.
Temporal is now more effective against jaggies, while KTAA is more effective against ghosting.
- Revised steering animations on various cars to delay hands switching over too early.
- Fixed rim speed different from tyre speed.
- Fixed slow motion rim/tyre speed in replays.

MULTIPLAYER & RATINGS:
- Reduced the join lag when a new car model joins a session.
- Drivers cannot join ongoing race sessions anymore (server settings option "isRaceLocked").
- Fixed race track status not being properly reset after the race session.
- Changed the way backend systems store data, so data is still correctly saved even under high loads.
- Racecraft Rating calculations are temporarily suspended.
- Rating widget now will correctly detect reconnections. While disconnected, it will simply dissapear.
- Backend systems performance improvements.
- Advanced MP options: Fixed the slider weights for night and rain.
- Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "clean": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
- Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "latency": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
- Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of track weights, especially low values will massively rank down corresponding servers.
- Matching now (almost) ignores servers in race sessions, instead of ranking them down.
- Fixed CP servers not showing up for a number of user IP addresses.

PHYSICS & FFB:
- Force Feedback Post-Processing is now available like in the original Assetto Corsa.
Copy your "ff_post_process.ini" and associated LUTs to "Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config".

I was under the impression that they do have matchmaking. They just don't have scheduled races.
Everything during a given a race impacts your rating so technically every activity you do in the game is ranked. :scared: :lol:

It was fast, public hotfix 1.0.2 is available.
Just checking re: your previous post - opting into beta, currently have beta 1.0.2 installed.... Can I now just opt out & back into the public 1.0.2 fix without it causing me grief ?.... tia.

I'm glad about the mouse support for VR it was very annoying . I do love this game even with its issues . Is there anywhere to get some setups from. i do like to tweak things myself but a little head start is always welcome .

Just checking re: your previous post - opting into beta, currently have beta 1.0.2 installed.... Can I now just opt out & back into the public 1.0.2 fix without it causing me grief ?.... tia.
Yes, beta and official 1.0.2 share the same configuration files format.

Public beta 1.0.3 released:

GENERAL:
- Audio optimizations to lower the memory footprint.
- Fixes to overall game stability and added logging.

GAMEPLAY:
- Fixed a rare bug that failed to turn on the ignition in AI cars.
- Fixed driver swap missing in Race 2 of career race weekends.
- Fixed autosave not storing tyre set wear data.
- Fixed random weather not randomizing ambient temperature.
- Fixed potential issue not auto saving replays

GRAPHICS:
- Fixed disabled driver foot animations in the Mercedes-AMG GT3.

UI/HUD:
- Revamped controller options menu, allowing keyboard, direct-input and X-input customization.
NOTE: old controller presets will continue to work.
- Fixed widget position when the car crosses the finish line.
- Camera movement and look-with-wheel sliders activate/deactivate in relevant camera modes.
- Fixed a bug on the weather page that allowed rain level without cloud level after entering the page.
- Fixed confusing behaviour of random track button on the weather UI.
- Fixed weather summary incorrectly reporting dynamic weather disabled with random weather on.
- Fixed podium sequence not responding to mapped pause key.
- Fixed championship AI aggression being incorrectly limited to 80-100%.
- Default championship settings updated.
- Resume button added inside the main Championship and Career pages.
- Revised layout organization of race-end messages.
- Fixed wind speed not being absolute value.

VR:
- Mouse in VR: added wheel and scroll bar support.
- Fix to the HUD stereo layer clipping with the car geometry.

RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
- The "too slow for Eau Rouge" fix introduced in 1.0.1 is now more accurate.
- Fixed an issue where cars can load without setup (=no ABS/TC) applied / HUD invisible.
- Entrylists can now use "isAdmin" as intended.
- Entrylists can now use "overrideDriverInfo" as intended.
- Added ServerAdminHandbook v1 to the server folder.

Finally keyboard assignment possible :)

Had a great race earlier on Silverstone that was fairly close, Didn’t manage to pull a podium quite yet but 4th will do me for now. :D

Hopefully the online stays pretty busy, I found a lobby almost immediately with 10 players so thats a good sign. It seems like everyone is sticking with regular AC though - judging on the activity over on that subforum compared to this one.

Hopefully ACC will gain more traction when it's more stable, all the features are in place and everything is working as it should.
I don't see it beating AC anytime soon though. AC has to be considered a classic by now, the mods giving it a looong lifespan.

They included keyboard binding latest update, now if they can include offline and online driver swaps I'd be happy.
How can a game that recreates the Blancpain GT3 series not include that ?

Game keeps freezing / crashing during replays. Very annoying. I had to restart my PC twice today. Then, it crashed again.

This didnt happen before v1.0...

Last night I tried ACC for the first time since a couple of months on a 24" triple screen setup. Suffice to say that my GTX970 isn't powerful enough. I had to minimize the graphics settings and as a result ACC looked terrible.

Just now I tried in on a single 24" monitor with all settings to the max and got a 45 fps but ACC looks the part. :eek:
I love the helicopter cam during replay.

Last night I tried ACC for the first time since a couple of months on a 24" triple screen setup. Suffice to say that my GTX970 isn't powerful enough. I had to minimize the graphics settings and as a result ACC looked terrible.

Just now I tried in on a single 24" monitor with all settings to the max and got a 45 fps but ACC looks the part. :eek:
I love the helicopter cam during replay.

ACC looks on my system completely maxed out at 1440p running around 120fps like the next gen dream, truly. But i reckon it can start look bad pretty fast if you drop graphics settings, there is still quite some work to do for Kunos as people struggle hitting 60fps in 1440p with pretty okay PCs, and that can't be.

When ACC was still in EA, I never liked the graphics and said so in this thread but now ACC looks amazing. pCars 2 looks amazing too but I think that ACC looks a little bit better.

I am an eye-candy lover.

When ACC was still in EA, I never liked the graphics and said so in this thread but now ACC looks amazing. pCars 2 looks amazing too but I think that ACC looks a little bit better.

I am an eye-candy lover.

Same here, i think PCars 2 looks sharper because they use MSAA but other than that i feel everything looks better in ACC, models, textures. They still have work to do for rainy conditions though. Also in ACC we have actual 3D trees whereas in PCars 2 you have rotating stuff.

Is there a triple monitor option besides the resolution in ACC? I believe there is but I can't find it anymore. The only thing I can adjust is the resolution to 5760x1080.

Very interesting read and something that I haven't thought of before. I always thought that the physics just takes into account the whole shape of the tyre interacting with the road, because it's already 3D modelled. Though now in hindsight it's obvious that visual =/= physics simulation. Maybe this was also the reason behind rFactor's infamous kerb of death physics.

Meanwhile, in GT Sport we still don't have tyre pressure adjustment :lol:

Very interesting read and something that I haven't thought of before. I always thought that the physics just takes into account the whole shape of the tyre interacting with the road, because it's already 3D modelled. Though now in hindsight it's obvious that visual =/= physics simulation. Maybe this was also the reason behind rFactor's infamous kerb of death physics.

No that's not the reason. rFactor doesn't use single point contact tyre physics.

Hi guys, i have another weird issue with ACC. I wanted to do an 1 hour "endurance" race with driver swap. Driver stint max was set for 20 minutes. After that countdown, the game tells me i need to swap drivers. So i went to the pits and selected another driver in the pit stop menu. However, the game didnt change the driver at all. I went back to the pits and tried it again - no success. What am i doing wrong? Is this feature broken? I wasnt able to change the driver at all.

It will be sad when we get the 5 point tyre model and many still won't have realized that the kerb issue was solved by just raising rear heigh and stiffing dumpers just a bit too. Well let's hope this new tyre model is worth the update, but I'm just that afraid when kunos comes with a new tyre model.

Back