Assetto Corsa Competizione Now Available to Preorder on Console

I still don't see it show up when I search for it on the PS Store :/

Jerome

Not to sound silly or backward, people concerned with how it will look or play on PS4, may as well buy AC and check that out. Of course, ACC is just a month away. Still, I jumped back in AC and it's good.

The casual player, might not like the more realistic way the cars handle. My feeling is, it's going to be better in ACC. I won't reference PC1-PC2. AC is different. Kunos are trying to broaden their sales. So, making sure a controller user can jump straight in, would have to be a priority.

Just did some hot lapping in the 12C GT3 and a couple GT3 Quick races, using the Audi R8 LMS. The game is good on my standard PS4. I haven't changed any controller settings or car settings. The main thing I find annoying, is the steering animation. It's not a smooth animation like GT Sport.
Other than that, it's a joy to play.

Knowing ACC will have ToD & weather, adds even more replayability.

It's available from 23/6 in the PSN Store and not before!
Bummer.

So the whole "Assetto Corsa Competizione Now Available to Preorder on Console" isn't yet true : /

Jerome

Both PC2 and AC are somewhat poorly optimized on a base PS4 so I'm not sure what to expect in terms of performance. I honestly assumed this would be a next gen game. I imagine it'll probably be 30fps, and while I'm usually not someone who freaks out over framerate, that could be difficult to adjust to with such a hardcore sim. Though I think solid 30 would be better than an unstable framerate (or resolution), as it is with the two games I mentioned. The inconsistency is really distracting to me, and I'm fairly certain Assetto Corsa's entire physics engine has slowed down when things got wonky with the AI.

Apart from that, I've been incredibly envious of this game since it came out on PC. I love AC's physics, but it's UI isn't great and it's kind of bare bones when it comes to quality of life conveniences. From everything I've seen, Competizione seems like a much more complete product, and the focus on the GT category is especially appealing to me. I have no idea what to expect in terms of matchmaking but as long as the AI is decent I'm fine with just doing offline races.

Oh yeah, and night racing. That's a big plus.

Bummer.

So the whole "Assetto Corsa Competizione Now Available to Preorder on Console" isn't yet true : /

Jerome
You can pre-order the game only at shops but not at the PS Store.

@05XR8 yes I played AC the other night and I also did found annoying the steering animation, and it's not a smooth animation like in GT6 as well when I use to play GTS.
The steering animation may be a put you off to me to buy this game now.

@05XR8 yes I played AC the other night and I also did found annoying the steering animation, and it's not a smooth animation like in GT6 as well when I use to play GTS.
Disabling the steering wheel is a saving grace. It eliminates the distraction, but I like having it visible, to show my steering angle.

I think I will end up buying ACC because GT3 are my favorite cars in a game, and with GT4 cars coming later on in the year, you just can not give the game a miss.
Exactly. Gr.3 is basically the only class that interests me in GT Sport, so having a series-licensed sim focused solely on GT3 with high-level sim physics, and is simultaneously the best looking/sounding sim I've seen/heard... Oh yeah. I just hope they find a good balance between performance and visuals on base consoles.

Guys, maybe I should create a thread for this question:
ACC or the upcoming PC3/R?

I'm in but idk if I want to get the digital version so I can play with my gf. Or just the one physical copy.

:confused: how would a digital copy allows you to play with the GF ?

This is, in fact, tremendous news but.... it's coming to the PS4?.... Or to the PS5?

PS4.

I have the Pro so I am not as worried as others.

I think you can also pre order through Amazon... At least that what I am about to do.

Dammm now I wish I never sold my wheel

Why would you?
Which wheel was it ?

So this version of the game consoles will receive, is it has RC F? No cut content or other terrible stuff happened? I didn't saw it in video.

Yes. As it says in the article:

over 30 cars?

I count 24 here....

http://www.igcd.net/game.php?id=1000013180

How could it receive bad reviews on consoles if it already has good reviews on PC...?

because their last port was a desaster.
The pad-steering was the worst I have ever seen.

patches destroyed save games and so on.

I still might buy it because no sight of GT7 or Forza 8 yet and Forza 8 comes end of 2020 - GT7 maybe in 2022 or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

I still might buy it because no sight of GT7 or Forza 8 yet and Forza 8 comes end of 2020 - GT7 maybe in 2022 or so.
GT7 is going to be released way way way before 2022, because GT Sport is slowing right down now.

That was with their own game engine, which was more difficult to port. ACC is made with UE4 which is much easier to port to console.

. The main thing I find annoying, is the steering animation. It's not a smooth animation like GT Sport.
Other than that, it's a joy to play.

Have you both tried lowering the steering animation to around 300 degrees? That helps quite a bit. GT3 Carson AC with the exception of the 911s are the easiest to drive with the controller. So I'm gonna totally assume they had a much simpler task with controller implementation on ACC. In fact I have seen PC players say it's perfect in ACC.

Also off topic but I came across this,

The Unreal Engine 5 has also another ace up its sleeve, which is Retro Compatibility. It will be able to interface itself with UE4 projects, which can be then quickly upgraded. The UE5 dev tools will be available in early 2021, with the engine itself to be fully released in the second half of the year
I wonder if Kunos will move the game over go UE5, sounds like it could solve a few of their optimisation issues.

As someone who spent some time on the PC version of AC with a controller I can tell you that, in this respect at least, it sounds like the console port was 100% faithful to the original...

Pad handling in ACC on PC is in a different league to original AC, massively better. As mentioned above, it does still have the trademark crazy Kunos wheel animation though.

As someone who spent some time on the PC version of AC with a controller I can tell you that, in this respect at least, it sounds like the console port was 100% faithful to the original...

Pad handling in ACC on PC is in a different league to original AC, massively better. As mentioned above, it does still have the trademark crazy Kunos wheel animation though.

I'm really pleased to hear this, I struggled on controller with AC.

Does anyone know if the console version will have both 2018 and 2019 seasons like the pc version? The TP12 Kessel Racing Ferrari is my favourite and as I don't have a pc this is my only chance to drive it :)

GT7 is going to be released way way way before 2022, because GT Sport is slowing right down now.

its polyphony ;)
They maybe want to release it earlier but in the end they won‘t be able again and maybe we see a GT 7 prologue.....

ok - sounds fine then :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if the console version will have both 2018 and 2019 seasons like the pc version? The TP12 Kessel Racing Ferrari is my favourite and as I don't have a pc this is my only chance to drive it :)

It does! PC and console share the same content. However, a few liveries you see in e-Sports event are custommade. No confirmation if those will be available for console players.

I have had this a year now with pc early access on steam, I don't play it much but may download it again. I used a controller sometimes and it is very easy to control the cars out the box. I think I tweaked the settings down like sensitivity and this made the hand animations slightly better. 👍

I also like using the PC built in photo mode for still shots as it has a decent freecam and depth of field, again it has no shutter speed :(
I am not sure the photo mode will be ported over to console as they didn't on AC.

I think you will all enjoy the racing if you liked AC. I really hope in the future they also bring an updated AC version out with this game engine covering the road cars and tracks as I miss those especially the Scottish Highland tracks.:gtpflag:

Yesterday during the SRO stream the official account answered this...
sro.png

Well PS5 isn't out in June but , unless this is a typo, ACC could indeed be made ready for next gen consoles!

Back