Assetto Corsa Competizione Now Available to Preorder on Console

To be honest is still is not avalable, at all, on PSStore!

I too have been waiting for this online ps store pre-order, and as micromanage mentioned, it’s still not showing up on the ps store at all. SONY, what the heck are you doing? I myself live in Canada, and we don’t see this, yet, I have a funny feeling it’s available over seas... how are we supposed to capitalize on preorder dlcs and such if it’s not available, and a global announcement is made on websites like this saying that “Assetto corsa competizione’ is Apparently available for pre order when it’s not... please fix this if it’s posted that people can preorder, so EVERYONE IN THE WORLD can pre order the game... thanks.

I hope the pad implementation is better than the previous game, I fancy trying a demo first to be sure, really hope its plays as good as it looks on that preview video!

I agree with you, as I bought it, downloaded it, tried it for 15 mins, and couldn’t stand the controller settings, and had to delete ASAP, as it didn’t make for steering smooth at all and was twitchy and unusable. A demo would be good, so we don’t waste our money...as not everyone can afford a wheel setup...

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you, as I bought it, downloaded it, tried it for 15 mins, and couldn’t stand the controller settings, and had to delete ASAP, as it didn’t make for steering smooth at all and was twitchy and unusable. A demo would be good, so we don’t waste our money...as not everyone can afford a wheel setup...

Or want a wheel setup.

I too have been waiting for this online ps store pre-order, and as micromanage mentioned, it’s still not showing up on the ps store at all. SONY, what the heck are you doing? I myself live in Canada, and we don’t see this, yet, I have a funny feeling it’s available over seas... how are we supposed to capitalize on preorder dlcs and such if it’s not available, and a global announcement is made on websites like this saying that “Assetto corsa competizione’ is Apparently available for pre order when it’s not... please fix this if it’s posted that people can preorder, so EVERYONE IN THE WORLD can pre order the game... thanks.

AFAIK there's not going to be a PS-Store pre-order for this. The pre-orders that are available are for the XBox store, or as physical disk copies for both XBox and PS4.

As in the article:

If you’re planning on picking up ACC, you can pre-order it from today. Priced at $39.99 (£34.99), it’s available for pre-order both as physical disc editions on both consoles, and as a digital download for Xbox One. PS4 players will also be able to buy the digital version from its launch date — June 23 — through the PlayStation Store.

I have had this a year now with pc early access on steam, I don't play it much but may download it again. I used a controller sometimes and it is very easy to control the cars out the box. I think I tweaked the settings down like sensitivity and this made the hand animations slightly better. 👍

I also like using the PC built in photo mode for still shots as it has a decent freecam and depth of field, again it has no shutter speed :(
I am not sure the photo mode will be ported over to console as they didn't on AC.

I think you will all enjoy the racing if you liked AC. I really hope in the future they also bring an updated AC version out with this game engine covering the road cars and tracks as I miss those especially the Scottish Highland tracks.:gtpflag:
I really hope for that too. Really love the Highlands location, wish there was a longer version of the chort track as well.
There will not be a digital pre order on console PS4. We will have two weeks from launch day to buy it and receive the pack for free.

Last edited:
Well, I've reserved physical copy with the intercontinental DLC free.

I still play a lot on the original AC on PS4.... don't care about virtual wheel animations, because playing it with a T150+T3PA pedals and TH8A Shifter it's just a joy to drive and no other driving game on consoles gives the FFB and feelings that AC does.
And playing with wheel the virtual wheel is perfect

Sure it isn't a game made for pad drivers and their focus is to play it with wheel....same for the Pcars games btw.

So now patiently waiting until end June to Go and get my hands on ACC

Guys, maybe I should create a thread for this question:
ACC or the upcoming PC3/R?

:confused: how would a digital copy allows you to play with the GF ?

PS4.

I have the Pro so I am not as worried as others.

I think you can also pre order through Amazon... At least that what I am about to do.

Why would you?
Which wheel was it ?
It was a thrust master T300 ferrari edition

I have however a huge issue with Kunos.

Kunos Simulazioni is also planning further DLC packs for both PC and console. A GT4 Pack will add some cars from this lower category, and is due to arrive on PC over the summer, with a console launch in fall. Winter will see a British Pack, adding three circuits from the UK — probably Snetterton, Donington Park, and Oulton Park, to complete the British GT Championship calendar — though it’ll be early 2021 before console players get this additional pack

See.
Same idiotic move they did with their first AC title.

pC always first, consoles later.

How hard can it be to release the dlc same time for pc and consoles.
Other developers are able to do this as well.

Everything else leaves the impression that consoles are just their unloved stepchild.

But really looks like I pull the trigger and get me ACC for 40 bucks for Xbox.

- Forza 8 probably october / november 2020
- GT7 - lord knows when this will ever happen

so enough time to spend on this racing game and enjoy some great gt3 cars.

See.

Everything else leaves the impression that consoles are just their unloved stepchild.

I am looking forward to ACC my friend on PS4 and I have been playing GT6, and I am waiting for ACC because I have left GT Sport 4 months ago, and I think I will never play that game until the Real game comes out.

See.

It's not idiotic, and there are many valid reasons for this release strategy.

First off Kunos are not a big developer and most certainly don't have the resources available to them that Codemasters, EA, PD/Sony have. So it makes complete sense that they concentrate their initial development efforts on the platform that's most available from a developer point of view, and also comes with the least amount of bureaucracy.

Secondly you have to remember that at the first release ACC was still a building site - it was a very unfinished product as is often the case with releases from small developers who produce niche titles. The PC sim racing community is far more tolerant of this and for the most part are happy to be beta testers for a product they see as having massive potential. Basically you buy in for the journey. This approach would simply not fly on console - it's a different market where people have different expectations.

Thirdly you have to take into account that ACC has been difficult to run on even high end gaming PCs, so there must have been a lot of work going in to optimise the game for console. Also there have been a few issues with netcode which needed to be dealt with.

Base ACC with the ICGT pack can now be considered to be in a finished enough state to be suitable for console.

When the GT4 pack, and subsequently the Brit pack arrive you can bet that there will be a ton of issues that need to be sorted and releasing it first on PC give Kunos the maneuverability to react to patch problems quickly. As an example there was game breaking bug reported on the morning of a new version release. The patch for the bugfix was available early that very afternoon. In fact every new major version is almost always followed by daily patches for the first week. You simply cannot do that on consoles as everything has to go through a review which can take days.

Don't think of consoles as the unloved stepchild, think of them as the favoured sibling that gets the best right from the start.

Don't think of consoles as the unloved stepchild, think of them as the favoured sibling that gets the best right from the start.

Yeah really felt the love with AC with its sloppy pad controls and bad graphics...

I am looking forward to ACC my friend on PS4 and I have been playing GT6, and I am waiting for ACC because I have left GT Sport 4 months ago, and I think I will never play that game until the Real game comes out.

First off Kunos are not a big developer and most certainly don't have the resources available to them that Codemasters, EA, PD/Sony have. So it makes complete sense that they concentrate their initial development efforts on the platform that's most available from a developer point of view, and also comes with the least amount of bureaucracy.

Secondly you have to remember that at the first release ACC was still a building site - it was a very unfinished product as is often the case with releases from small developers who produce niche titles. The PC sim racing community is far more tolerant of this and for the most part are happy to be beta testers for a product they see as having massive potential. Basically you buy in for the journey. This approach would simply not fly on console - it's a different market where people have different expectations.

Thirdly you have to take into account that ACC has been difficult to run on even high end gaming PCs, so there must have been a lot of work going in to optimise the game for console. Also there have been a few issues with netcode which needed to be dealt with.

Base ACC with the ICGT pack can now be considered to be in a finished enough state to be suitable for console.

When the GT4 pack, and subsequently the Brit pack arrive you can bet that there will be a ton of issues that need to be sorted and releasing it first on PC give Kunos the maneuverability to react to patch problems quickly. As an example there was game breaking bug reported on the morning of a new version release. The patch for the bugfix was available early that very afternoon. In fact every new major version is almost always followed by daily patches for the first week. You simply cannot do that on consoles as everything has to go through a review which can take days.

Fourthly, and most crucially: They can release finished content/update immediately on PC, no costly authorisation needed like with Sony and Microsoft and of course there's a host of other games waiting in the queue too. Only way to get around this is pony up, which only devs with big budgets or games killing it with microtransactions, or to hold back the PC updates, which ain't happening.
Yeah really felt the love with AC with its sloppy pad controls and bad graphics...
Yea I'm sure they said to themselves "shall we have good graphics.? Nah who cares, give them bad graphics". The graphics really aren't that bad either. As for pad controls fair point, however it has nothing to do with love but ability. How easy do you think it is to program pad controls for cars that have the same steering rotation as their real life counter parts? To make 178 cars all handle perfectly with just 1 inch travel left or right with a little stick? What's more the controls were much better on release but people complained it was too hard, reality was that these people were expecting the same pad holding as arcade driving games, so they updated the pad controls, and them worse.

How easy do you think it is to program pad controls for cars that have the same steering rotation as their real life counter parts? To make 178 cars all handle perfectly with just 1 inch travel left or right with a little stick? What's more the controls were much better on release but people complained it was too hard, reality was that these people were expecting the same pad holding as arcade driving games, so they updated the pad controls, and them worse.

I heard of this strange thing called play testing... there is no excuse for poor pad implementation, less so after an update... but hey as long as the 1% of folks who want to clutter their room with a rig are catered for thats ok isnt it? Hopefully this will be addressed for the sequel, but once burnt twice shy.

I heard of this strange thing called play testing... there is no excuse for poor pad implementation, less so after an update... but hey as long as the 1% of folks who want to clutter their room with a rig are catered for thats ok isnt it? Hopefully this will be addressed for the sequel, but once burnt twice shy.

Rig not needed - a G29/920 or T150/300 clamped to a desk will do fine - I played like that for ages. If you want something a bit more rig like without the clutter then a Playseat Challenge will do the job very well - you can fold it up and stow it with wheel and pedals attached in less than a minute.

I get it, not everybody can afford or wants to go to the expense of a wheel setup, and I can imagine the frustration of using a pad where the game doesn't actually do the limit steering for you, but be assured that Assetto Corsa Competizione is reputed to have good pad support - I can only say reputed as I don't actually know of anybody that's used a pad with with it, but apparently it's good.

i started with T150 pro clamped to an ironing board, no clutter needed :) back then i was called Ironing Board Racer lol

One thing that I would love but don't see it happening is ACC working out a way we can record the whole race in trackside view .
I know it's a PlayStation problem in 2020 which should off been sorted.
It's so annoying that I cannot record a 1hr plus race from start to finish in trackside view & up load it.
I guess we will have to wait & see if PSN sorts that out & many stupidness with the pS5 :lol:

One thing that I would love but don't see it happening is ACC working out a way we can record the whole race in trackside view .
I know it's a PlayStation problem in 2020 which should off been sorted.
It's so annoying that I cannot record a 1hr plus race from start to finish in trackside view & up load it.
I guess we will have to wait & see if PSN sorts that out & many stupidness with the pS5 :lol:
I use a hd capture card to record over a 1 hour race, but you would think that a PS5 will do a lot more.

I use a hd capture card to record over a 1 hour race, but you would think that a PS5 will do a lot more.
But is that your cockpit view?
I would like to be able to record the full race trackside view so I can show on my YouTube channel the while race not just my race.
For example PC2 in built video record only give you 30mins of any race, so you always miss the end of any race over 28 mins for example.

But is that your cockpit view?
I would like to be able to record the full race trackside view so I can show on my YouTube channel the while race not just my race.
For example PC2 in built video record only give you 30mins of any race, so you always miss the end of any race over 28 mins for example.
To your question no. With the hd capture card you can record straight to your PC, and I use it instead of using the PS4.

ok - I see and appreciate your points :cheers:

In terms of pad steering.

Pcars 2 did a fine job, even Dirt 2.0 did it right this time and of course Forza and GT Sports offer a fine pad-steering.

For me - all these games are simulations when it comes to physics so Kunos just have to see what they do and adapt to it.

Fingers crossed now for this sibling :sly:

ok - I see and appreciate your points :cheers:

In terms of pad steering.

Pcars 2 did a fine job, even Dirt 2.0 did it right this time and of course Forza and GT Sports offer a fine pad-steering.

For me - all these games are simulations when it comes to physics so Kunos just have to see what they do and adapt to it.

Fingers crossed now for this sibling :sly:

You have to remember that SMS, The Codies, PD, and Turn 10 have historically designed their racing games from a pad first perspective, and then subsequently adding wheel support, often begrudgingly as an afterthought, if at all. So these devs are very experienced with how to implement good pad control in a driving game

I think the reason that AC was reportedly so bad with pads is twofold. Firstly I believe that AC was designed from the ground up to be used with a wheel on PC and was initially never considered for console. Finally when they realised it would need pad support for they had to shoehorn it in somehow. Now when you couple that with Kunos relative inexperience with how pad control should behave in a driving sim, and that Kunos didn't think many, if any, people would actually use a pad with AC then you can see how it became a less than optimal implementation.

In fact I'd go as far to say that if AC hadn't come to console then nobody would have given a rat's arse about pad support.

ACC on the other hand appears to have been built with pad support in mind right from the beginning

I have officially pre-ordered a copy of ACC. Looking forward to it!

Dumb question: there's no livery editor in ACC right?
It has it but only with a few designs per car that you can change the color and the material of the painting (this is for license issues, the Lexus RC-F GT3 for example has no liverys apart from the official ones for that reason)

Is more like the livery editor of the Grid series.

367B2A0BE9D97BE8D7CD922AF3ABC83ECEE1DB26

EF7C89E838610B0F09E308A2D1FA5B7899082445

The game also has an livery editor for the driver of the same type (you can change the material of the Helmet too)

8A4BE64E1604A6466528DB15D6275F5E1F291A66

So what price are the forthcoming packs going to be ? £12 a time like the intercontinential one ? If you don't pre-order (to wait for reviews/feedback) suddenly we're in to a £70 game with 18 tracks any maybe 40 cars (I make the count 27 cars now, even accepting multiple versions like Nissan GTR GT3 2015 and 2018 versions).

Will there be a next gen update/patch ?

I'm tempted by the game but feel it will be totally overrun by GT7 (if it appears soon) and Forza 8. Not overly keen on Project Cars, but that will probably add to people skipping this too.

Might just be best to hold fire until next year and see if the price drops and they do a bundle of all DLCs..

So what price are the forthcoming packs going to be ? £12 a time like the intercontinential one ? If you don't pre-order (to wait for reviews/feedback) suddenly we're in to a £70 game with 18 tracks any maybe 40 cars (I make the count 27 cars now, even accepting multiple versions like Nissan GTR GT3 2015 and 2018 versions).

Will there be a next gen update/patch ?

I'm tempted by the game but feel it will be totally overrun by GT7 (if it appears soon) and Forza 8. Not overly keen on Project Cars, but that will probably add to people skipping this too.

Might just be best to hold fire until next year and see if the price drops and they do a bundle of all DLCs..

As you appear to attach more value to quantity rather than quality then I'd highly recommend that you wait for a discounted GOTY version.

Back