Assetto Corsa Competizione Now Available to Preorder on Console

I heard of this strange thing called play testing... there is no excuse for poor pad implementation, less so after an update... but hey as long as the 1% of folks who want to clutter their room with a rig are catered for thats ok isnt it? Hopefully this will be addressed for the sequel, but once burnt twice shy.
Yes there is and I already stated it: Ability. If you think others then you're suggesting they just implemented it poorly because they wanted to.

As you appear to attach more value to quantity rather than quality then I'd highly recommend that you wait for a discounted GOTY version.

How is waiting for a better deal got any effect on the quality of a title rofl you have to push back against capitalism or you are victim of it...

How is waiting for a better deal got any effect on the quality of a title rofl you have to push back against capitalism or you are victim of it...

Really, so far ACC has cost me a total of 50 CHF, 35 for the base game and 15 for the ICGT DLC. That works out at around £42, $50, €48. A meagre price to pay for what is the most focused sim on the market today. If you want to talk capitalism then think Codemasters, who charge around £80 for an F1 re-skin every year.

Really, so far ACC has cost me a total of 50 CHF, 35 for the base game and 15 for the ICGT DLC. That works out at around £42, $50, €48. A meagre price to pay for what is the most focused sim on the market today. If you want to talk capitalism then think Codemasters, who charge around £80 for an F1 re-skin every year.

F1 2020 is £39.99 PC/£54.99 console for that you get 20 cars grids with the ability to race online and fill the grid with AI if you need to. Also leagues, championship maker, a new My team feature where you run your own F1 team and factory and other features. So for someone getting that its value for money.

ACC on console: No AI Online so online races will be empty like the last one, No UDP data, and 16 car grids

I was interested in ACC but the usual Kunos console gimped release put me off

F1 2020 is £39.99 PC/£54.99 console for that you get 20 cars grids with the ability to race online and fill the grid with AI if you need to. Also leagues, championship maker, a new My team feature where you run your own F1 team and factory and other features. So for someone getting that its value for money.

ACC on console: No AI Online so online races will be empty like the last one, No UDP data, and 16 car grids

WOW - if F1 2020 is only 40 quid then I'll buy it - previous versions have been somewhat more expensive. I guess as there's no F1 season this year the Codies had to suck it up on price to sell it.

As for your "gimped release" let's face it the current gen base consoles are less powerful than a decent mid range smartphone, so something had to give.

As you appear to attach more value to quantity rather than quality then I'd highly recommend that you wait for a discounted GOTY version.

What an odd statement and frankly bordering on rude.

Part of the value in any game is playability and replayability. If there is no-one to race and no AI then hotlapping is only going to entertain for so long.

If there is limited tracks/cars in the game it limits replayability.

GT Sport got ripped to shreds for "only" having 168 cars and 39 tracks at launch.

Given that no-one has played it on console yet we don't know the quality of it anyway - they could totally stuff up the port.

Ultimately AC and ACC are a sideshow to GT, Forza and Project Cars. It might be a very good side show, but rightly or wrongly it doesn't appeal to racing gamers, let alone the wider community. Its barely inside the top 200 on steam

Really, so far ACC has cost me a total of 50 CHF, 35 for the base game and 15 for the ICGT DLC. That works out at around £42, $50, €48. A meagre price to pay for what is the most focused sim on the market today.

Thats a subjective opinion and whilst you might be happy paying that, its more expensive than other racers on consoles and offers less features.

I pre ordered it a couple/few weeks ago. I'm totally pumped. I wasn't interested in GT sport during it's early days but finally caved in and got it. It's not very good to be honest. Having played obsessively all the Grand Turismos I find the lack of _everything_ and dumbing down of GT sport pretty disturbing, pretty wonky physics too. I will thank the console gods for Dirt Rally 2.0 and Assetto Corsa.. Both are awesome. ACC will be off the hook.

They release the same game every year, I'd hardly call that value for money. Technically you only get one car lol as they're virtualy same , also simplistic physics tyatvdont require much development. If Kunos released ACC every year for the next 5 years, in 5 years you'd be buying ACC with tons of tracks and more cars, in 5 years codies will still be offering the same F1 game.

What an odd statement and frankly bordering on rude.

Sounded like good advice.

Thats a subjective opinion and whilst you might be happy paying that, its more expensive than other racers on consoles and offers less features.
its more expensive than other racers on console? Which racers are these then? The cheapest racing game at launch was AC. Now which racer that is cheaper than ACC also have all costly laser scanned tracks?

What
GT Sport got ripped to shreds for "only" having 168 cars and 39 tracks at launch.

GTsportvhad 39 tracks at launch? I'm almost certain you are overstating that by a factor of 20-30 tracks, and most of the tracks on launch were trash, 2 or 3 ovals with glass smooth surfaces? No thanks Jeff. 168 cars? Pretty sure that's inaccurate too, and to add to that, there were actually only something like 70 unique cars. How many cars should the official blancpain game have? Its simple, because smart consumer . Know what you are buying and make your choice and dont moan about not having monster trucks in the official GT3 game after you've bought it.
GT Sport had 39 tracks at launch? Is this right? Cos I didn't buy it partly due to the lack of tracks.
No, it for sure did not have more than 20, add the 3 mundane ovals that's even less, also iirc at launch the game only had 3 real world tracks. The criticism was completely justified.

Nearly ordered this, but they are not the cars i like to drive, hardly ever use them GT3 types, im more into road cars....looks good aswell...
Same here but I will buy ACC to actually race online.

Last edited:
Just because a game has less features that does not mean it is not that good to buy.

Exactly. This game is very specific in what it's trying to be, and honestly, it's everything I've wanted in a racing sim for a long time, a fully licensed GT3 sim. I've wanted an American LeMans or WEC or Blancpain sim for years.
No road cars, no hodge-podge of racing series in the same grouping, no mix of different year models, no touting the license but missing 3/4 of the tracks or cars. I don't want hypotheticals, Super GT vs Aussie V8s or F1 vs Audi on a course they would never race on.

I love to watch various real world racing series and go to IMSA races and that's what I've wanted out of a game. Super niche, I know, not a huge market for it, especially on console. So props for Kunos to do it. I would pay twice the amount for this over a Forza or GT game hands down.
And I love GT Sport. It's great.

I can't wait for this!

Exactly. This game is very specific in what it's trying to be, and honestly, it's everything I've wanted in a racing sim for a long time, a fully licensed GT3 sim. I've wanted an American LeMans or WEC or Blancpain sim for years.
No road cars, no hodge-podge of racing series in the same grouping, no mix of different year models, no touting the license but missing 3/4 of the tracks or cars. I don't want hypotheticals, Super GT vs Aussie V8s or F1 vs Audi on a course they would never race on.

I love to watch various real world racing series and go to IMSA races and that's what I've wanted out of a game. Super niche, I know, not a huge market for it, especially on console. So props for Kunos to do it. I would pay twice the amount for this over a Forza or GT game hands down.
And I love GT Sport. It's great.

I can't wait for this!
I am also looking forward to this game mate :) and you mention in your post about GT Sport, I hate that game that much I have gone back to play GT6 until ACC.

Looking forward to this. Don’t know if it’s just me but is anyone else a little concerned we still haven’t seen any actual gameplay footage of how it’s running on consoles? Don’t get me wrong I’m sure they wouldn’t have announced it for current gen unless they were sure it would run on them but does seem a little odd considering it’s only a month away from release

Looking forward to this. Don’t know if it’s just me but is anyone else a little concerned we still haven’t seen any actual gameplay footage of how it’s running on consoles? Don’t get me wrong I’m sure they wouldn’t have announced it for current gen unless they were sure it would run on them but does seem a little odd considering it’s only a month away from release

yeah. I am also concerned. I thought they would promote this game more for the consoles. I hope it will run well enough.

Im wondering if the current virus situation might slow down the release hence the lack of info coming out. Not sure how well a team of developers can work remotely...?

Im wondering if the current virus situation might slow down the release hence the lack of info coming out. Not sure how well a team of developers can work remotely...?

I hope not & by what I heard it still scheduled

I hope the pad implementation is better than the previous game, I fancy trying a demo first to be sure, really hope its plays as good as it looks on that preview video!

I haven't changed any controller settings or car settings. The main thing I find annoying, is the steering animation. It's not a smooth animation like GT Sport.
Other than that, it's a joy to play.

I'm really pleased to hear this, I struggled on controller with AC.

After all these years I have revisited an old controller setting but tweaked it and I think I have finally found the most perfect combo of controllability and decent steering animation (when set to 300°) . I've tested about 50 cars, the A86 was impossible to drive, as was the mx5 cup, now both handle perfectly.

It feels more realistic, you have to catch slides early, which means getting to know the cars again. You have to now be more careful with the throttle through bends with some of the more wild cars like the F40. Have been really enjoying driving all the cars again. Pad is now 95% perfect.

Looks worse with ps4 screen recording

Edit: settings.

ap_7412C02C-877D-48C2-851C-A4F9ADA58626.jpeg

Last edited:
So there is no info and footage at all on the console version?
None that I've been able to find. At least PS 4 owners like myself will have that period between June 23 and July 7 that we can assess the game and still be eligible for the pre-order bonus. There should be some decent reviews out in that period (although I'll probably still buy it no matter what).

None that I've been able to find. At least PS 4 owners like myself will have that period between June 23 and July 7 that we can assess the game and still be eligible for the pre-order bonus. There should be some decent reviews out in that period (although I'll probably still buy it no matter what).
Yes it's actually an advantage as we still can get the preorder bonus after the game is out already and see for ourselves how it is.

I like the gt3 in general and in AC but not sure if I'll wait for the ps5 version.

You would think someone might know how the game would run on the PS4. It is only $69 Australian dollars to pre-order at a game shop, but I as buying the game through the PS store and the game might be a little bit better price to buy.

Yes it's actually an advantage as we still can get the preorder bonus after the game is out already and see for ourselves how it is.

I like the gt3 in general and in AC but not sure if I'll wait for the ps5 version.
Is there going to be a PS 5 version?

Is there going to be a PS 5 version?
I don't see why not, it be silly it seems if not, especially that it will run in it's full glory on a ps5 im sure.

After just retrying the gt3 cars in AC on ps4, i still feel they feel more real than in pc2, bouncing/skipping over bumps and regaining grip afterwards, but still feeling planted and with real mass.

In pc2 they feel twitchy sliddy too much to me, and don't skip over bumps like in ac. And the slidding is not convincing to me. Maybe it's my ffb and the cockpit view movement, i dont know.

Plus the sounds especially in replays are so much more convincing and with presence, you actually feel like watching a gt3 race. In pc2 cars like the Porsche gt3 endurance sounds like a little buzzing bee in replays, and poor doppler effect.
Retrying them in Ac makes me anxious more now for acc, might cave in and get it on ps4.
Even would get it at launch since the price seems good and you get the preorder bonus, and i never buy games at launch lol, always wait long for a good discount.

I don't see why not, it be silly it seems if not, especially that it will run in it's full glory on a ps5 im sure.

After just retrying the gt3 cars in AC on ps4, i still feel they feel more real than in pc2, bouncing/skipping over bumps and regaining grip afterwards, but still feeling planted and with real mass.

In pc2 they feel twitchy sliddy too much to me, and don't skip over bumps like in ac. And the slidding is not convincing to me. Maybe it's my ffb and the cockpit view movement, i dont know.

Plus the sounds especially in replays are so much more convincing and with presence, you actually feel like watching a gt3 race. In pc2 cars like the Porsche gt3 endurance sounds like a little buzzing bee in replays, and poor doppler effect.
Retrying them in Ac makes me anxious more now for acc, might cave in and get it on ps4.
Even would get it at launch since the price seems good and you get the preorder bonus, and i never buy games at launch lol, always wait long for a good discount.
I was shocked when it was announced for PS 4 to be honest, but it will feel like a bit of a cash grab to me if they then release the same game, but a beefed up version, for PS 5. If they released an upgrade add-on (graphics +VR maybe?) to the PS 4 version to bring it into line with PS 5 standards I wouldn't feel bad about blowing a bit of extra dough.

I was shocked when it was announced for PS 4 to be honest, but it will feel like a bit of a cash grab to me if they then release the same game, but a beefed up version, for PS 5. If they released an upgrade add-on (graphics +VR maybe?) to the PS 4 version to bring it into line with PS 5 standards I wouldn't feel bad about blowing a bit of extra dough.

Yeah it be good to know if there will be a separate ps5 game or if you can get an upgrade from the ps4 version for a small fee at most.
I thought for sure they would wait to put it on ps5 , not ps4 1st.

After all these years I have revisited an old controller setting but tweaked it and I think I have finally found the most perfect combo of controllability and decent steering animation (when set to 300°) . I've tested about 50 cars, the A86 was impossible to drive, as was the mx5 cup, now both handle perfectly.

It feels more realistic, you have to catch slides early, which means getting to know the cars again. You have to now be more careful with the throttle through bends with some of the more wild cars like the F40. Have been really enjoying driving all the cars again. Pad is now 95% perfect.

Looks worse with ps4 screen recording

Edit: settings.

View attachment 923348

What a coincidence I was playing about with settings myself for a couple of hours before I saw your post ! :)

I got to say your settings are better than mine, as such I've adopted them, I can now finally drive with some confidence, I can catch the oversteer no problem. Thank you.

One thing I can't play onboard with the steering wheel in view as the animation is so jerky it puts me off & I crash. The two views I like are the onboard without steering wheel & the one where you can just see the bonnet.

I doubled dipped & bought the ultimate edition recently on Xbox, using these settings I feel I can finally get stuck in 👍

Now that it's soon to be on console, i was looking into the content, features, updates on pc, with detailed simulation adjustments, and the detailed replication and look of the tracks.

It's a must have for me, and any dlc that i learned of too. And would push me to get a ps5 sooner even if/when it releases on it, i mean look at the tracks pictures on pc, pretty nice indeed.

Plus I'm sure sound can be better and more immersive on ps5 than on ps4, plus all other features, and number of cars in a race, running smoothly, clean.

Will be perfect. Now i dont know even more if ill be able to hold off though until a ps5 version hehe. Maybe I'd get the launch preorder bonus version and hold off on dlc until a ps5 version, even that will be hard to do lol.

Edit: id been into pc2 for a while now and after retrying ac it kinda ruined it for me again. I went back to try improve the feel with ffb and setups and cockpit view but just doesnt feel as convincing as ac.

Also i noticed how the sense of speed is so lacking in pc2, doing 250k feels like 100k.

And you don't feel like the car is just barely holding on over bumps etc, shaking and skidding bumping around, and catching back grip, just feels like slidding on/ off like on wet or ice.
But i have to say the ffb and feel of effect on the steering and suspension from going over curbs seems alot better in pc2 than ac on ps4 on a g29.
Edit2: well now not so sure even about that lol, just tried a street porsche and even the going over big curbs seems good, maybe just the ffb is lacking in how it affects the steering.
I was testing with a gt3 hard suspension car before that. Oh well idk, nothing is perfect but i like the feel on the edge of traction alot better in ac.
Got to love the replays, cars look so clean and solid even on std ps4.

Last edited:
What a coincidence I was playing about with settings myself for a couple of hours before I saw your post ! :)

I got to say your settings are better than mine, as such I've adopted them, I can now finally drive with some confidence, I can catch the oversteer no problem. Thank you.

One thing I can't play onboard with the steering wheel in view as the animation is so jerky it puts me off & I crash. The two views I like are the onboard without steering wheel & the one where you can just see the bonnet.

I doubled dipped & bought the ultimate edition recently on Xbox, using these settings I feel I can finally get stuck in 👍
Glad to hear. If you set steering animation to 300 it should be a lot less jerky.

Back