Assetto Corsa Console Update 1.14 Thread — Releases May 17

I really liked that era of Formula One cars. I don't know jack about F1 or F1 history, so it's nice to read informative posts like this one. 👍

Have you moved on to GTSport @Mike_grpA (or a different sim)? I don't think I've seen many posts from you in the AC forums lately. :)

Nah the drive belt on my wheel started slipping. I'm planning to buy all new sim gear, which I was going to do at tax time, but I've had to put those plans on hold, as I need my tax money for an investment opportunity that has come up. Not sure how long it'll take, but I might be out of sim racing for at least a few months (I flat out refuse to play sims with a controller).

I've been a huge petrol head my whole life, and loved motorsport ever since I was very young. I've followed F1 since the mid '90s, and have always found the sport fascinating. I've always had a brain like a sponge, I love to learn as much as I can about any subject that interests me, so I've spent many many hours reading about everything from the history of motorsports to specific technical details about any and all race cars I've found interesting. I've also got every F1 season review from 1969 to 2016, and am a regular lurker at F1technical. Glad someone found my post interesting, as it was basically me just using the otherwise useless info I've spent the last couple of decades absorbing :lol:

@Mike_grpA Aw man, that sucks...I got myself into a jam several months back when I severely damaged my DFGT. Like you, I wouldn't even consider playing with a controller. 👎

Well, good luck with that investment opportunity. I hope all goes well for you. 👍 We all look forward to hearing you're back on the track again. You always bring interesting & insightful posts to the forum.

@Mike_grpA Aw man, that sucks...I got myself into a jam several months back when I severely damaged my DFGT. Like you, I wouldn't even consider playing with a controller. 👎

Well, good luck with that investment opportunity. I hope all goes well for you. 👍 We all look forward to hearing you're back on the track again. You always bring interesting & insightful posts to the forum.

Cheers everyone, I appreciate it. I'll still be around, even if I'm off track for a while, I'll still need to be around to find out any news of our great little hobby. With GTS, DiRT 4, PC2, F1 2017 and more all due to come out this year, there's plenty to keep me coming back here and chatting with all the great people here at GTP.

I might be able to buy a new wheel in a few months, and weld up a new wheel deck and some modifications to my home built rig, rather than buy an expensive pre made rig. If that happens I'll be back on track in a few months. The investments I'm getting into are long term though, but if all goes to plan, I'll be able to leave work and draw a healthy wage from my them within a year. It's a long term plan, but I need the capital to start working on it now, so sadly that means my hobby gets sacrificed in the short term.

Has anyone noticed a performance drop-off on the PS Pro (in Boost Mode) since the recent update? Zandvoort seems to run at around 30-45 fps now, and other tracks seem to have taken a lesser, but still noticeable hit as well.

Edit: with a full grid of AI.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed a performance drop-off on the PS Pro (in Boost Mode) since the recent update? Zandvoort seems to run at around 30-45 fps now, and other tracks seem to have taken a lesser, but still noticeable hit as well.

Edit: with a full grid of AI.

Sorry for the double post, but is nobody bothered by the significant performance hit on the PS Pro since the v1.14 update? AC was a joy to play prior to this update, hitting a consistent 60fps almost all of the time. It now seems way below that with some serious frame pacing issues too. I can't even seem to find any acknowledgement from Kunos about it. Has anyone with a standard PS4 also noticed anything amiss?

I don't know, maybe more of a fuss will be made if it also affects Xbone performance when it finally drops, but as things stand I'm having to park this game up until it's hopefully resolved. It's doubly annoying because i just bought the season pass too.

Sorry for the double post, but is nobody bothered by the significant performance hit on the PS Pro since the v1.14 update? AC was a joy to play prior to this update, hitting a consistent 60fps almost all of the time. It now seems way below that with some serious frame pacing issues too. I can't even seem to find any acknowledgement from Kunos about it. Has anyone with a standard PS4 also noticed anything amiss?

I'm just Nobody who's having same issue, it's not entirely on car amount, it could happen on smaller grids too, even on full grid it's not happening every start, I did around/over 300 restarts on Nordschleife endurance cup and slowing on start/first corner was reason for around 100 restarts, rest just because of AI stupidity to crash each other or me, 300 starts and few successful 2Lap races.
I dropped grid from 16 to 13 and it wasn't solution, still there was slowing, maybe bit less, it's just weird at sometime slowing is there and sometime not.

Apologies to all concerned - a friend suggested running a database rebuild on the hard drive and it seems to have done the trick. Game performance is back to normal now!

Phew. As you were.
How you did this, can you give guide or link how?

Edit: googled, doing it now, didn't know because not a longtime user on PS4.

Last edited:
How you did this, can you give guide or link how?

Edit: googled, doing it now, didn't know because not a longtime user on PS4.

Don't do it too often. Maybe once every 3 months. As I found it messed up my home screen/organised folders once and lost all game patches.

Back