Assetto Corsa Console Update 1.14 Thread — Releases May 17

GTPNewsWire

Contributing Writer
United States
GTPHQ
This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Ali Samy (@sems4arsenal) on April 15th, 2017 in the Assetto Corsa category.

LATEST NEWS (05.16.17 - STARTS AT POST 146):

This article was published by Kyle Patrick (@SlipZtrEm) on May 16th, 2017 in the Assetto Corsa category.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope they get this sorted out soon. It sounds like basic Sunday SNAIL but on Assetto Corsa. Seriously needs more tracks though before it get stale.

@sems4arsenal

Regarding the part in the article where it says that "there is also still no news on when the cars released in the latest PC update (Mazda 787B, MX-5 NA, and Porsche 911 RSR) will eventually make their way onto consoles", don't forget we have a message from Stefano itself in the official boards which seems pretty clear on this matter:

Kb0LJiB.jpg

- All cars currently available on PC (1.13)

v10 and championships are what I am itching for. 👍

Interesting. Does 'all cars on 1.13 PC' include the two mazda and the porsche, or will that be a longer wait for us console gamers?

At least, Lord Kunos said they will pack EVERYTHING into this update... right? Championships, lobbys, the RSR, Mazdas, Audi quattro, the Scotland track... at least this sounds like the biggest update yet, something im looking forward to, altough im tired of waiting so damn long.

@sems4arsenal

Regarding the part in the article where it says that "there is also still no news on when the cars released in the latest PC update (Mazda 787B, MX-5 NA, and Porsche 911 RSR) will eventually make their way onto consoles", don't forget we have a message from Stefano itself in the official boards which seems pretty clear on this matter:

Kb0LJiB.jpg

- All cars currently available on PC (1.13)

Thanks for the heads up 👍 , I'll still wait for a full confirmation about if all 3 new cars are coming in the update.

It will be interesting to see what difference in lap times the v10 makes. In the console lobby at AC.net they have a weekly competition- even on the old model the PS and Xbox gamers set some amazing times. PC wheel racers might be in big trouble soon!

well its funny but for some of us AC is broken on console forever... but there is very as simple fix, just make custom button mapping for racing wheels, I have built custom handbrake and it works with ALL games, except AC, because its a limited demo for consoles! fix far more important features that impact gameplay directly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well its funny but for some of us AC is broken on console forever... but there is very as simple fix, just make custom button mapping for racing wheels, I have built custom handbrake and it works with ALL games, except AC, because its a limited demo for consoles! fix far more important features that impact gameplay directly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom button mapping should be in this update we are waiting for.

I have been awaiting private lobbies for sometime now as i am trying to set up a league... this snag sucks as most people that were interested have given up... a good estimate of the release date is desperately needed to keep hold of the demographic that is about to give up..

IMO

I have been awaiting private lobbies for sometime now as i am trying to set up a league... this snag sucks as most people that were interested have given up... a good estimate of the release date is desperately needed to keep hold of the demographic that is about to give up..

IMO
Just look upon the current version as a "Beta Test" and the full game will be released when they are satisfied it is as bug free as possible. Don't sit around hoping for a release date as frustration will set in and toxic posts will start to flow, as it has on the AC forum.
I am sure it will be worth the wait because if Kunos continue to develop this for PS4 console it will set the standards for many years to come :)

Just look upon the current version as a "Beta Test" and the full game will be released when they are satisfied it is as bug free as possible. Don't sit around hoping for a release date as frustration will set in and toxic posts will start to flow, as it has on the AC forum.
I am sure it will be worth the wait because if Kunos continue to develop this for PS4 console it will set the standards for many years to come :)

Don't get me wrong I'm staying positive and have done nothing but support AC and its timeline. However, this is getting a tad ridiculous for even me (i consider myself very optimistic)... I understand their challenges and their setbacks, i'm just concerned about the player base (for a league) that will be available when the Pvt lobbies are released....

Also with the coming tide of PCARS2, id really like to get a league set up before people start leaving for newer sims as well...

Back