Assetto Corsa Console Update 1.14 Thread — Releases May 17

VBR
Tried this, but it had no effect whatsoever. FOV can only be changed from 50 to 60, & niether veiw made any difference to the KTM's dash view.

Strange, I've seen other console players say it worked and I believe I've even seen a FOV value as high as 90 quoted. I don't have the console version though so someone else will need to verify.

Strange, I've seen other console players say it worked and I believe I've even seen a FOV value as high as 90 quoted. I don't have the console version though so someone else will need to verify.

Maybe it differs from car to car, but in the KTM it only goes from 50 to 60. I'll try another vehicle as & when I can be bothered & see what happens.

Finally figured out the FFB in P CARS & am loving it way more at the moment though!

:D

I had an F1 2016 video pulled because it had F1 footage in it!

My bad. It wasn't the Uncharted videos. At least not yet... It was one of the clips that Sharefactory supplies the free music to use. :s

One also hit my Last of Us clips that had no music as I certainly never put anything in it except what the game supplies that is built in.

VBR
Maybe it differs from car to car, but in the KTM it only goes from 50 to 60. I'll try another vehicle as & when I can be bothered & see what happens.

Finally figured out the FFB in P CARS & am loving it way more at the moment though!

:D
It works at least with the GT3 cars VBR

VBR
Tried this, but it had no effect whatsoever. FOV can only be changed from 50 to 60, & niether veiw made any difference to the KTM's dash view.

I see what's happening here, you're trying to adjust the F0V at the main menu which only gives 50-60 ( I presume you're doing this as I've just checked the KTM and it works). Do it on track.

PS_Messages_20170522_214037.jpg
PS_Messages_20170522_214041.jpg
PS_Messages_20170522_214044.jpg
PS_Messages_20170522_214049.jpg

First picture was default. I've found a few cars with camera out in wacky positions since I've tried cars after the update.

I love doing custom championships. Was in the LaFerrari and put the M3 E92 and Porsche Carrera S as my 'rivals' just to see just how beastly they were when up again Ferrari's finest. Needless to say, it was a joke :lol:
At half throttle I was keeping up without breaking a sweat. Would love to see one of these in real life put the pedal down on the motorway when one of these 'racers' in their M3 starts showing off. I would say the LaFerrari is probably my favourite recent hypercar. There's something about a Ferrari that Porsche just can't replicate. Maybe it's....SOUL? :cheers:

I love doing custom championships. Was in the LaFerrari and put the M3 E92 and Porsche Carrera S as my 'rivals' just to see just how beastly they were when up again Ferrari's finest. Needless to say, it was a joke :lol:
At half throttle I was keeping up without breaking a sweat. Would love to see one of these in real life put the pedal down on the motorway when one of these 'racers' in their M3 starts showing off. I would say the LaFerrari is probably my favourite recent hypercar. There's something about a Ferrari that Porsche just can't replicate. Maybe it's....SOUL? :cheers:
I know the feeling. Porsche as a brand doesn't do it for me, but I love many of their cars.

Do you honestly think that an M3 and Carrera S are comparable cars performance wise to a LaFerrari?

Talk about stacking the odds in your favour!

Does the AI copy your furl amount though? Say if i put 30 litres in,do they do the same?

They could just increase their fuel if i turn the multiplier up and still not pit...
Please forgive me...As @BrandonW77 pointed out, I guess my suggestion is not an available option in that specific mode. I wonder, why not? But, to answer your question... I don't know. :lol: No, seriously...What I was suggesting would be to adjust the Fuel to 2x or 3x or 5x, if that's what it took, to make the AI drivers run out of fuel & kill their tires, which would require a pit stop.

If I'm not mistaken, many people have been begging Stefano to add an option for us to be able to dictate which tire compound the AI drivers run. I certainly hope that comes to fruition one day...and it would be nice if we could also set their fuel load manually as well. Why not? It's just another setting, right? I'm sorry I couldn't provide better answers for you. If I come across them, I will let you know.

Do you honestly think that an M3 and Carrera S are comparable cars performance wise to a LaFerrari?

Talk about stacking the odds in your favour!

Of course not. That's what makes it so fun in my opinion. It also puts things into perspective. An M3 and Carrera S would comfortably outperform 98% of cars you see on the road daily yet they look like your average Fiesta when pitted against one of the quickest cars in the world. Quite fascinating. Well I think so anyway :gtpflag: Thing is, pretty much any German road going car would be left for dead against that V12 behemoth save for the 918 Spyder although even that would lose in a head to head.

Of course not. That's what makes it so fun in my opinion. It also puts things into perspective. An M3 and Carrera S would comfortably outperform 98% of cars you see on the road daily yet they look like your average Fiesta when pitted against one of the quickest cars in the world. Quite fascinating. Well I think so anyway :gtpflag: Thing is, pretty much any German road going car would be left for dead against that V12 behemoth save for the 918 Spyder although even that would lose in a head to head.
Or not.

Ditto the same result when TGT did a head to head.

Also why single out German road cars? Does the average Italian or American or French road car fair any better?

Not to mention that all three of those lose out to a 2 litre touring car, given that Matt Jackson's qualifying lap, in traffic, was quicker than any of them.

You seem to be displaying a rather large bias here against German cars, not sure why, but apples to oranges comparisons do little to make it come across as anything but confirmation bias.

I could be wrong, @Scaff - the way I interpreted his comment was that German road car's are generally considered to be some of the best in the world. The best performing & fastest. And even those amazing cars get slaughtered by the LaFerrari.

Maybe I'm wrong. The very first thing I thought of, after reading his 918 comment, was "I don't really know if that's entirely true!" Sure, the LaFerrari will beat the 918 on some tracks probably...each car has it's strengths and weaknesses. My own opinion about the Holy Trinity is the 918 Spyder is probably the most well-rounded car of the bunch. Again...Just my opinion.

I could be wrong, @Scaff - the way I interpreted his comment was that German road car's are generally considered to be some of the best in the world. The best performing & fastest. And even those amazing cars get slaughtered by the LaFerrari.
Renaultsport make some of the finest and quickest hot hatches on the planet, yet an M3, M4 or Carrera S will slaughter them on track.

Its a similarly obvious, and as such pretty meaningless comparison.

Does it honestly surprise that a car along the lines of the LaFerrari will do so given they power to weight advantage it has over both the M3 and Carrera S?

Maybe I'm wrong. The very first thing I thought of, after reading his 918 comment, was "I don't really know if that's entirely true!" Sure, the LaFerrari will beat the 918 on some tracks probably...each car has it's strengths and weaknesses. My own opinion about the Holy Trinity is the 918 Spyder is probably the most well-rounded car of the bunch. Again...Just my opinion.
Exactly, the 918 has, in the comparisons done to date outperformed the LeFerrari. However given the right track I'm fairly certain that they result could well be reversed.

The BTCC Focus lap time from Matt Jackson also put it all into comparison.

Exactly ALB 👍

I would personally take the LaFerrari over the 918 Spyder each and every time.

Or not.

Ditto the same result when TGT did a head to head.

Also why single out German road cars? Does the average Italian or American or French road car fair any better?

Not to mention that all three of those lose out to a 2 litre touring car, given that Matt Jackson's qualifying lap, in traffic, was quicker than any of them.

You seem to be displaying a rather large bias here against German cars, not sure why, but apples to oranges comparisons do little to make it come across as anything but confirmation bias.

Scaff, lighten up a bit ;) You don't have to provide a counterargument. It's just my own observations and opinions. I won't deny that Italian cars have a larger space in my heart than German cars. Horses for courses and all that...

You mean like selling branded tat anywhere they can. Or building tasteless theme parks. Or prostituting their brand :lol:

Exactly. Just what I mean. Nothing wrong with prostituting your brand :cheers:

Scaff, lighten up a bit ;) You don't have to provide a counterargument. It's just my own observations and opinions. I won't deny that Italian cars have a larger space in my heart than German cars. Horses for courses and all that...

Exactly. Just what I mean. Nothing wrong with prostituting your brand :cheers:
Errr, its a discussion forum.

Replying and discussing is kind of the point, if you want to post without people replying and discussing then a blog is what you are after.

Oh and please don't double post, I've merged them this time.

Oh, I definitely thought it was a very silly competition (LaFerrari vs Carrera S & M3). No question. I'm going to look and see if Ryan's health insurance policy covers psychological counseling. :D

I didn't know Ferrari has a freakin' theme park?! :eek: :rolleyes: 👎 I was always a "Lambo guy" even though I had the utmost respect for Ferrari and the cars they made. I remember hearing whispers here and there, but I always thought they were just grumblings from haters. The Chris Harris article a handful of years ago now, that really solidified my distaste for the brand. Yes, I know...I'm sure the Ferrari brass is so upset to hear ALB123 won't be buying any Ferrari's in the future. :lol: Seriously, I could put up with all the crazy, "A Ferrari is more than a 0-60 time... blah blah blah" arrogance. I think it was the F50 that they refused to allow magazines (remember those?) to officially test and publish numbers - because it was either slower than the F40 in certain situations, or barely any faster/quicker. But when Chris Harris confirmed the rumors - many weren't surprised at all, but I was definitely disappointed.

Hey...I just thought of something. I haven't heard of any console players throwing hammers through their TV sets. I'm guessing that means that obnoxious Down Shift Protection flashing sign wasn't included in your last update? Do you hear an audible beep when triggering it now?

I just took out the McLaren P1 GTR for the first time. I kept hitting the DSP. :D ::BEEP:: ::BEEP:: :lol: It's not my fault. That thing is ridiculous. They don't really sell those to humans, do they? I think I'd be dead before the end of the week if I bought one of those in real life. :P

I didn't know Ferrari has a freakin' theme park?! :eek: :rolleyes: 👎

This is the one in Abu Dhabi...

FWAD_2014_003_HR-Large.jpg

They are building another one near Barcelona.

If you can't make the theme park, you can go on-line and buy 100's of items of overpriced Ferrari branded tat...

https://store.ferrari.com/gb_en/

Most manufacturers have merchandise of some sort, but Ferrari take it to the next level :lol:

I see what's happening here, you're trying to adjust the F0V at the main menu which only gives 50-60 ( I presume you're doing this as I've just checked the KTM and it works). Do it on track.

Cracked it! Didn't know there was a second adjustment. I'll try that one instead. How do I do it?

Last edited:
There's something about a Ferrari that Porsche just can't replicate. Maybe it's....SOUL? :cheers:

In my opinion Ferrari has kind of lost it during last ten years or so. There used to be a time where almost every new model blew me away in all the right ways, but nowadays it's like Ferrari is trying too hard. The theme parks mentioned above are one thing, but take the new Ferrari 812 for example. It may have been created by passionate people, but I'd say soul is something it lacks. It looks like they took the F12 and the GTC4, cut both in half, and carelessly glued them together. It's just confusing to look at. For starters, I think they should bring back the horizontal black stripe in all their new models. Imagine how unfamiliar some of the older models would look without it. Not that I have never been a huge Porsche fan but I respect the brand for not trying too hard. More integrity so to speak.

Hey...I just thought of something. I haven't heard of any console players throwing hammers through their TV sets. I'm guessing that means that obnoxious Down Shift Protection flashing sign wasn't included in your last update? Do you hear an audible beep when triggering it now?

Wasn't this just added in the newly released 1.14 for PC?

1.14 update (PC)
- Improved Downshift Protection algorithm

Or did the beeps come before this? I haven't noticed any since the latest update for consoles.

I just took out the McLaren P1 GTR for the first time. I kept hitting the DSP. :D ::BEEP:: ::BEEP:: :lol: It's not my fault. That thing is ridiculous. They don't really sell those to humans, do they? I think I'd be dead before the end of the week if I bought one of those in real life. :P

I think less than 60 cars were made and only offered to owners of the P1.

Wasn't this just added in the newly released 1.14 for PC?

Or did the beeps come before this? I haven't noticed any since the latest update for consoles.

No, the audible and visual signals were added in a previous update, 1.13 maybe.

I had a go at the AC forum weekly TT last night (tuned Supra at Brands)... some guys are talking about adjusting the turbo level. but I see no option to do this on the PS4... can you change turbo level on cars on the PS4?

I had a go at the AC forum weekly TT last night (tuned Supra at Brands)... some guys are talking about adjusting the turbo level. but I see no option to do this on the PS4... can you change turbo level on cars on the PS4?

Yes, you can on cars that support it. The command would depend on your controller and button configuration.

Yes, you can on cars that support it. The command would depend on your controller and button configuration.

It's not adjustable in the setting menu?

I'm using a T300 with the G29 layout.

Back