Assetto Corsa Console Update 1.14 Thread — Releases May 17

Hey hammy is that Alboreto's car? Also are you nd your friends up for some AC series?

It's Mr Mansell (my GTP and PSN ID ;) ) in the 1989 Brazilian GP that he won in his first race for Ferrari, legend!! The car changed for the following round at Imola, they added an airbox, as i believe that car was the 1988 chassis without the turbo engine, as they all went normally aspirated from 1989 onwards, so airboxes became the norm.

Sure we'd like to do some racing....Atm 2 o 3 are doing league racing with NXTGEN, a FB group, and others are still around too....

Anyone knows how "Allowed tyres out" and "Qualify limit" works?
18221768_1893203030706006_1183915891430254936_n.png

Anyone knows how "Allowed tyres out" and "Qualify limit" works?
18221768_1893203030706006_1183915891430254936_n.png

Allowed tires out is how many tires you can have beyond the white line before getting a penalty. If you set it to 2 then if you get more than two tires outside the white line you'll get a penalty, if you set it to 4 you will not receive a penalty for going off track.

Qualifying limit is how long "overtime" will be between sessions. So if the best lap for that combo is 2 minutes and you set it to 100% people will have 2 minutes to complete their lap after the checkered flag falls on the session. If you set it to 150% people would have 3 minutes to complete their lap, etc. Ideally you'd set this around 110-120% to allow the slowest drivers plenty of time to complete their lap but not so long that it creates a long delay between sessions.

Allowed tires out is how many tires you can have beyond the white line before getting a penalty. If you set it to 2 then if you get more than two tires outside the white line you'll get a penalty, if you set it to 4 you will not receive a penalty for going off track.

Qualifying limit is how long "overtime" will be between sessions. So if the best lap for that combo is 2 minutes and you set it to 100% people will have 2 minutes to complete their lap after the checkered flag falls on the session. If you set it to 150% people would have 3 minutes to complete their lap, etc. Ideally you'd set this around 110-120% to allow the slowest drivers plenty of time to complete their lap but not so long that it creates a long delay between sessions.

Thanks a lot! Make sense

Renaultsport make some of the finest and quickest hot hatches on the planet, yet an M3, M4 or Carrera S will slaughter them on track.

Its a similarly obvious, and as such pretty meaningless comparison.

Does it honestly surprise that a car along the lines of the LaFerrari will do so given they power to weight advantage it has over both the M3 and Carrera S?

Exactly, the 918 has, in the comparisons done to date outperformed the LeFerrari. However given the right track I'm fairly certain that they result could well be reversed.

The BTCC Focus lap time from Matt Jackson also put it all into comparison.
I would not call a 2.36 second advantage a slaughter on a track like the nurburgring. M4. - 7:52 renaultsport Megan 275 trophy r - 7:54.3

On shorter track like Bedford auto from West circuit m3(f80) - 1.23.3 Renault 275 trophy r - 1.23.6

At anglesey m4 1:19.2 , 275 r - 1:19.6

Yes the m4/3 are faster but not buy much

I would not call a 2.36 second advantage a slaughter on a track like the nurburgring. M4. - 7:52 renaultsport Megan 275 trophy r - 7:54.3

On shorter track like Bedford auto from West circuit m3(f80) - 1.23.3 Renault 275 trophy r - 1.23.6

At anglesey m4 1:19.2 , 275 r - 1:19.6

Yes the m4/3 are faster but not buy much
Now give it a go with a Renaultsport Twingo and a Carrera S.

I am running 100% boost. Remember the PS4 and Xbox aren't on the same tire model at the moment!
PS4 is now.

Last edited:
How good is allowed 2 tyres detection?

Varies from track to track, some people always seem to find little areas that don't count a cut but for the most part it's pretty good I think. I don't use it much because I hate the slow down penalties.

Yeah...The PS4 is on the same tire model as the PC (every car is on tire model 10). Because the XBox update was delayed only a handful or two of cars are on v10 tires. The rest are on V7 (there was no v8 or v9).

That Ferrari stuff made me want to vomit.

I am running 100% boost. Remember the PS4 and Xbox aren't on the same tire model at the moment!

Ah, forgot Xbox hadn't had the update yet 👍

I'm at 51.6 (0.1 off fastest PS4 last time I looked), and I think I can get close to a 51 flat, but I see you've already improved to a 50 flat :crazy:

I am using 100% turbo, and I can handle the exit oversteer. But I can't match your braking points, turn in pace or mid corner pace. The car isn't much fun to drive though (has shopping trolley levels of understeer, and doesn't respond to trail braking), so I might not bother giving it another go.

Ah, forgot Xbox hadn't had the update yet 👍

I'm at 51.6 (0.1 off fastest PS4 last time I looked), and I think I can get close to a 51 flat, but I see you've already improved to a 50 flat :crazy:

I am using 100% turbo, and I can handle the exit oversteer. But I can't match your braking points, turn in pace or mid corner pace. The car isn't much fun to drive though (has shopping trolley levels of understeer, and doesn't respond to trail braking), so I might not bother giving it another go.
Braking points in combination with @HavanaB0B is a one of a kind class. How he manages to break that late is still a surprise for a lot of us. I think he has an option on the Xbox to install extra Brembo's and that's cheating :lol::lol:

Varies from track to track, some people always seem to find little areas that don't count a cut but for the most part it's pretty good I think. I don't use it much because I hate the slow down penalties.

It is a shame the penalties don't occur end of the race instead of hammering you on track before crossing the line for a lap for DSQ.

It is a shame the penalties don't occur end of the race instead of hammering you on track before crossing the line for a lap for DSQ.

In real-life that's fine but I don't think I'd care for it in sim racing unless it was a league race. In random pick-up races or club races a penalty should be applied immediately because the ultimate results don't have any real bearing on anything.

Well then it's not a proper racing simulator in that aspect. Project Cars 2 is going to make their penalty system more like real life and that will be better for online racing because having a heated battle be ruined because you were slightly over a line and couldn't tell in cockpit view really sucks. I've been there multiple times and I'd rather keep fighting and get a time penalty at the end. That makes me want to fight harder to get ahead and gain a lead so I keep position even after the time penalty.

The update for the Xbox One version was already in submission. It sounds like they'll have more time to work on it then, which could be a good thing. Ridiculous wait for those affected though.

So everything was great for me on PC in patch 1.14.0/1/2, I was in paradise with so much customizing having worked out beautifully and the hours spent were worth the reward.

I had created myself a custom championship influenced by this:

I had painstakingly altered/tuned the power, tyres, handling, brakes, all engine details, sounds, skins, AI and more to 35 frigging road cars in order to get them to have very similar lap times. The new AI patch was a complete blessing too, having made the field a few seconds per lap quicker across the board, I now had to use all my skill for a chance of a podium instead of gaining the lead 3-4 laps before the finish.

I come home from a real hard ass week at work to find update 1.14.3 installed and broke my custom championship, the game crashes as soon as the tracks and cars load. I tested my car first in a spec race to start eliminating 1 of 35 possible problems only to find that no matter the AI aggression setting, they were all driving like they spilled boiling coffee in their lap while dealing with a bull and a tiger in the backseat. They were slamming into barriers on most corners and even some straights, or weaving and hitting the brakes all over the place when they could keep it on the tarmac.

Not pleased isn't the word.

Something happened to the 918 with this patch. Trying to complete a lap of the Nordschleife with it is a nightmare. The rear end is incredibly twitchy like a classic rear engined Porsche which would be fine if it were one. Just oversteer for days and none of the other modern Porsches I've driven in the game are like this. The closest is the GT3 RS but even then it's really easy to recover. Also the new tires are understeer prone on GT3 cars which makes them unpleasant to drive at qualifying pace. The only good thing with them and the updated physics is that a few cars feel safer and I'm more consistent in them but not considerably faster except at the Nordschleife.

It's Mr Mansell (my GTP and PSN ID ;) ) in the 1989 Brazilian GP that he won in his first race for Ferrari, legend!! The car changed for the following round at Imola, they added an airbox, as i believe that car was the 1988 chassis without the turbo engine, as they all went normally aspirated from 1989 onwards, so airboxes became the norm.

Just quoted to point out the Ferrari 640 wasn't an 87/88C without the turbo engine. The 640 was the first Ferrari fully designed by John Barnard, which he started designing in '87. It was meant to run in '88, but they had major problems with the gearbox, so they updated the F1 87, which became the F1 87/88C.

The 640 was an all new car for the '89 season, and brought a number of major developments. It was well ahead of it's time with it's tiny, aerodynamic sidepods and semi-auto gearbox. Sadly, the innovative technology also proved to be incredibly fragile and unreliable, with the team recording 19 DNFs from 16 races between their two drivers. When the car was capable of finishing though, it did so in third or higher, with Mansell taking 2 wins, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds, from the 6 races he completed, and Berger taking a win and 2 seconds from the 3 races he completed. Berger was pretty unlucky, with 12 retirements from the 15 races he entered (he had to sit out Monaco after he was injured in a crash). Mansell also had his share of bad luck, with 7 retirements from the 15 races he entered (he was banned from entering the Spanish GP after reversing in the pit lane, ignoring black flags, causing a collision, and subsequently being disqualified from the Portuguese GP).

Oh and that airbox was added to improve the peak horsepower, as the original two side intake design, the purpose of which was to be a low drag intake, wasn't a good design for a normally aspirated engine. The ram air scoop increased air pressure in the intake, leading to a higher output. Ferrari needed to do this, as their V12 was behind the Honda V10 in max output (by roughly 15hp).

And yes, I am a huge Ferrari nerd.

Edit: I only pointed this out as I think the 640 deserves credit for being the forward-thinking, revolutionary F1 car that it was. It's often forgotten among the many epic cars of it's era, but it really was a standard setting car in many ways. If only it had been more reliable, they could have taken the title fight to Mclaren that year in a big way.

Just quoted to point out the Ferrari 640 wasn't an 87/88C without the turbo engine. The 640 was the first Ferrari fully designed by John Barnard, which he started designing in '87. It was meant to run in '88, but they had major problems with the gearbox, so they updated the F1 87, which became the F1 87/88C.

The 640 was an all new car for the '89 season, and brought a number of major developments. It was well ahead of it's time with it's tiny, aerodynamic sidepods and semi-auto gearbox. Sadly, the innovative technology also proved to be incredibly fragile and unreliable, with the team recording 19 DNFs from 16 races between their two drivers. When the car was capable of finishing though, it did so in third or higher, with Mansell taking 2 wins, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds, from the 6 races he completed, and Berger taking a win and 2 seconds from the 3 races he completed. Berger was pretty unlucky, with 12 retirements from the 15 races he entered (he had to sit out Monaco after he was injured in a crash). Mansell also had his share of bad luck, with 7 retirements from the 15 races he entered (he was banned from entering the Spanish GP after reversing in the pit lane, ignoring black flags, causing a collision, and subsequently being disqualified from the Portuguese GP).

Oh and that airbox was added to improve the peak horsepower, as the original two side intake design, the purpose of which was to be a low drag intake, wasn't a good design for a normally aspirated engine. The ram air scoop increased air pressure in the intake, leading to a higher output. Ferrari needed to do this, as their V12 was behind the Honda V10 in max output (by roughly 15hp).

Edit: I only pointed this out as I think the 640 deserves credit for being the forward-thinking, revolutionary F1 car that it was. It's often forgotten among the many epic cars of it's era, but it really was a standard setting car in many ways. If only it had been more reliable, they could have taken the title fight to Mclaren that year in a big way.

You need to get out more mate lol!! Only kidding, thanks for the info!! ;)

I really liked that era of Formula One cars. I don't know jack about F1 or F1 history, so it's nice to read informative posts like this one. 👍

Have you moved on to GTSport @Mike_grpA (or a different sim)? I don't think I've seen many posts from you in the AC forums lately. :)

Back