Assetto Corsa Console Update 1.14 Thread — Releases May 17

I wonder if we should still expect the update in April. Five days to go.
I wonder if we should still expect the update in April. Five days to go.

Of course it will be April.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................2018! :D

I'm not too fussed by the inevitable slide into May. It sounds like a pretty substantial update, and next month doesn't have anything too big coming in the genre, so it should still get some attention. At this point, I doubt it makes much of a difference if the update comes in April or May: those that have grown tired of waiting have moved on, and those that are waiting won't mind a few more weeks.

June, with DiRT 4 and the metric ton of stuff that will be shown off at E3? A bit harder to stand out.

I'm not too fussed by the inevitable slide into May.
or June, July .......

It sounds like a pretty substantial update,
Which gives them more scope for getting it wrong and causing even more heartache. It has already struck issues with getting through QA testing so what other issues have they not got right? I am just dreading the rage posts at how they have gotten some aspect totally wrong. I may even have to be one of them ;-)

At this point, I doubt it makes much of a difference if the update comes in April or May: those that have grown tired of waiting have moved on, and those that are waiting won't mind a few more weeks.

Yep, I agree here. I have have given up on this being the saviour of PS4 Sim racing. I am just trophy hunting now and using it as a stop gap until something better comes along e.g GT Sport or perhaps PCARS 2 even. At least these will launch with custom online lobbies from day one ;-)

At this point, I doubt it makes much of a difference if the update comes in April or May: those that have grown tired of waiting have moved on, and those that are waiting won't mind a few more weeks.

Got tired of waiting, got a graphics card for my pc, AC on steam sale and moved the pc into the lounge next to the ps4. I now have 2 versions of AC with Season pass on ps4 and all the mods on pc. :banghead:

I have have given up on this being the saviour of PS4 Sim racing.

Because there are no custom lobbies?

I dared to enter one of the fixed GT3 rooms earlier tonight, and I probably had one of my best online racing experiences ever. You know it's great when the palms get sweaty and both eyes suddenly have a crisis due to lack of blinking. This is coming from someone who used to race with a bunch of skilled regulars in GT5. That game may not have been the best sim, but it did have the tools to experience the thrill of proper online racing.

I know that the public lobbies in AC can be dreadful, but there's also some brilliant fun to be had when things work out for the majority of players in a full room. As much as I want customizability and privacy in AC's lobbies, it's already up where we can talk about unprecedented online sim racing on PS4.

Because there are no custom lobbies?

I dared to enter one of the fixed GT3 rooms earlier tonight, and I probably had one of my best online racing experiences ever. You know it's great when the palms get sweaty and both eyes suddenly have a crisis due to lack of blinking. This is coming from someone who used to race with a bunch of skilled regulars in GT5. That game may not have been the best sim, but it did have the tools to experience the thrill of proper online racing.

I know that the public lobbies in AC can be dreadful, but there's also some brilliant fun to be had when things work out for the majority of players in a full room. As much as I want customizability and privacy in AC's lobbies, it's already up where we can talk about unprecedented online sim racing on PS4.

I have no doubt that you stumbled across a good room with some good racers, it does happen from time to time. Race online for 3 nights in a row and then get back to me with you opinions, I think they just may change ;-)

BTW One good race in a random online lobby does not make a good racing sim ;-)

I have no doubt that you stumbled across a good room with some good racers, it does happen from time to time. Race online for 3 nights in a row and then get back to me with you opinions, I think they just may change ;-)

No. Proper physics and driving realism do, on top of anything else. Hope you find those in PCars2 and GT Sport. It would be great news for the console sim racing community.

No, but that one race reconfirmed that AC is something special for sim racing on consoles. Not because the other players were well behaved for once, but because nearly everyone's skilled and fair contributions to the race helped highlighting AC's qualities as a simulator. So, the general frequency of poor online etiquette in the public lobbies cannot change my opinion on this. I totally understand that the custom / private lobbies can't come too soon, but I see no reason to give up in their absence.

No, but that one race reconfirmed that AC is something special for sim racing on consoles. Not because the other players were well behaved for once, but because nearly everyone's skilled and fair contributions to the race helped highlighting AC's qualities as a simulator. So, the general frequency of poor online etiquette in the public lobbies cannot change my opinion on this. I totally understand that the custom / private lobbies can't come too soon, but I see no reason to give up in their absence.
Agree, Assetto seams to highlight racecraft brilliantly. In GT for example it didnt matter if i had better race craft than my mates, i couldnt protect my line going into a corner. They could just dive bomb me. I have had many great races in public lobbies, though that does not alter wether AC is a good sim or not.

Im with some of the consensus, AC has great physics and FFB which is key to creating a simulated racing experience IMO, without those the title can barely be labelled as a simulator (IMO). GTSport from what i played so far should not be called a simulator, as it is far from it atm. PCARS2 shows promise, but as long as AC continues updating (or working on a second iteration) then i will continue to pop the disc in regularly...

On another related topic? I am craving details on the Audi R8 LMS GT3 car and the BMW M6 GT3 ...

Im with some of the consensus, AC has great physics and FFB which is key to creating a simulated racing experience IMO, without those the title can barely be labelled as a simulator (IMO). GTSport from what i played so far should not be called a simulator, as it is far from it atm. PCARS2 shows promise, but as long as AC continues updating (or working on a second iteration) then i will continue to pop the disc in regularly...

On another related topic? I am craving details on the Audi R8 LMS GT3 car and the BMW M6 GT3 ...
Apparently the next DLC includes the R8 LMS 2016, TS040-HYBRID 2014 and R18 etron quattro 2014 and is entering Beta around now with an expected PC release of mid May.

Until they unveil it though do not take that as confirmation as it came from an Italian FB comment and something may have been lost in translation.

Overall my experience online with AC has been very good. Its a title that doesn't have as many casual players as others and that tends to be where the griefers etc stem from. Had some incredible races on AC not just in GT3 cars either, across most of the lobbies on offer.

Apparently the next DLC includes the R8 LMS 2016, TS040-HYBRID 2014 and R18 etron quattro 2014 and is entering Beta around now with an expected PC release of mid May.

Until they unveil it though do not take that as confirmation as it came from an Italian FB comment and something may have been lost in translation.

So arriving on consoles somewhere around 2020 ;)

Mmmm, that R8! Wasn't it a 2017 model?

I wasn't aware they did an update since 2015 when the car was released? But alas I am unsure.

Overall my experience online with AC has been very good. Its a title that doesn't have as many casual players as others and that tends to be where the griefers etc stem from. Had some incredible races on AC not just in GT3 cars either, across most of the lobbies on offer.

We appear to to playing two different games. In my version 90% of players can't even get around the first corner on cold tyres! Also of note, racing etiquette is almost non-existent, short cutting Monza at the first chicane is almost universal now, out of a grid of 16 I am lucky to see 3-4 finish a race and no one respects track boundaries because the game wont penalise them.

And lastly, the only cars to drive are GT3s at Monza, RBR and occasionally Spa.

Your game version sounds great, I wish I could have it ;-)

We appear to to playing two different games. In my version 90% of players can't even get around the first corner on cold tyres! Also of note, racing etiquette is almost non-existent, short cutting Monza at the first chicane is almost universal now, out of a grid of 16 I am lucky to see 3-4 finish a race and no one respects track boundaries because the game wont penalise them.

I understand the complaints 100% don't get me wrong, but there is the classic "help yourself" motto that could certainly help... i found in the first month that there was a constant group of "regulars" that raced around the same time i did everyday, clean, and fast drivers. So we all started communicating and all got together and raced cleanly and had a blast. I know its not perfect, and it certainly isn't private lobbies, but it is a lot of fun and can be a constant source of fast, clean, and fair online racing...

Add me on PSN if you'd like to join (although this has slowed down a lot since i was in exams etc.)

However im always up to race with clean guys, usually on 9pm ET!

I understand the complaints 100% don't get me wrong, but there is the classic "help yourself" motto that could certainly help... i found in the first month that there was a constant group of "regulars" that raced around the same time i did everyday, clean, and fast drivers. So we all started communicating and all got together and raced cleanly and had a blast. I know its not perfect, and it certainly isn't private lobbies, but it is a lot of fun and can be a constant source of fast, clean, and fair online racing...

Add me on PSN if you'd like to join (although this has slowed down a lot since i was in exams etc.)

However im always up to race with clean guys, usually on 9pm ET!

Thanks for the offer. Just one point though, there is no indication of your time zone but assume it is USA ET or UTC -4. I am UTC +8. Awkward 12 hours difference ;-)

Wait, there are two versions of the game that come with different players? The racing etiquette has nothing to do with the game, cold tyres or not. I mean the game has been out for months and they haven't worked out to brake earlier on the first corner?

You must not be trying hard enough to find a good room if you think the only cars to try are GT3. Try joining a more interesting lobby with 4 or 5 people in that isn't appealing to noobs. You will start to see the same names over time ( clean racers ). I see a few names i reconise on here after seeing them regularly on AC.

Also tyre blankets are now on.

Wait, there are two versions of the game that come with different players? The racing etiquette has nothing to do with the game, cold tyres or not. I mean the game has been out for months and they haven't worked out to brake earlier on the first corner?

You must not be trying hard enough to find a good room if you think the only cars to try are GT3. Try joining a more interesting lobby with 4 or 5 people in that isn't appealing to noobs. You will start to see the same names over time ( clean racers ). I see a few names i reconise on here after seeing them regularly on AC.

Whaaaaat? Blankets on in races, at the start? That would be great for full rooms.

I really miss the German series, Nurb GP especially. I miss AC. GT Sport has ruined me. I tried coming back to AC and it was a disaster. Old, bad driving habits die hard, and GTS brought them all roaring back.

Thanks for the offer. Just one point though, there is no indication of your time zone but assume it is USA ET or UTC -4. I am UTC +8. Awkward 12 hours difference ;-)

Yeah time zones are a SOB, however im sure there are people in your time zone that feel the same and could all get together... or maybe your alone in this world and will never find love ... idk... ;)

Yep. I've been on PC for about 2.5 years now and I still haven't shaken off all of my bad Gran Turismo habits.

I really need to get a PC... and i really need to stop playing GTS...

Wait, there are two versions of the game that come with different players?

Note: it was a pun, a humorous comment ;-)

The racing etiquette has nothing to do with the game, cold tyres or not. I mean the game has been out for months and they haven't worked out to brake earlier on the first corner?

**EXACTLY** why we need customisable lobbies to able to weed out id!ots ;-) Some people just never learn :-(

You must not be trying hard enough to find a good room if you think the only cars to try are GT3.

Don't you think I actually try?! There are only a handful of rooms open when I am online in my time zone. Originally when they were region locked there were NEVER any rooms with people in them :-(

Try joining a more interesting lobby with 4 or 5 people in that isn't appealing to noobs. You will start to see the same names over time ( clean racers ). I see a few names i reconise on here after seeing them regularly on AC.

No, it is not happening here :-(

I will have to have a look at this but as of a few days ago it was not happening.

Back