Assetto Corsa Console Update 1.14 Thread — Releases May 17

@GTPNewsWire

I'm adding this here as well, I guess:

Despite our best efforts, we are unable to launch our next major console update at the end of this month, as hoped. However, we’re pushing hard and fingers crossed, we should have a release date to share with you all very soon. We’re almost there!
Thank you all so much for your continued patience and support - It means so much to the team!
This update is full of incredible content and features, including Custom Online Lobbies, Custom Championships and much more. Stay tuned for more info...

FAzQsIP.jpg

gUdrnuZ.jpg

2AhKQRe.jpg

My goodness, I can only imagine the stress this people are going thru.
I think my position right now is that the opinion about the game hasn't change one bit. It's the best console racing simulator by far, an amazing driving experience that is about to get tremendously better. The thing is I got tired of all the pre set features of it and decided to take a break until the next update.
I'm tired of GT3 at Spa, German series at Nurburgring or Mazda cup at Brands Hatch.
Now I just wanna race the car I want in the track I want with the crowd I want.

Last edited:
I think my position right now is that the opinion about the game hasn't change one bit. It's the best console racing simulator by far, an amazing driving experience that is about to get tremendously better. The thing is I got tired of all the pre set features of it and decided to take a break until the next update.
I'm tired of GT3 at Spa, German series at Nurburgring or Mazda cup at Brands Hatch.
Exactly! By the looks of the pics above, it seems we will have that option. This will hopefully breathe new life into this great sim.

@GTPNewsWire

Cool. As a heads-up, it's probably best to tag me (or @Famine) — Newsie is more or less automated, so he's unlikely to "see" this. 👍

Not even a new release date? Hrm, I don't expect it in the first half of May then. It does look pretty comprehensive!

Cool. As a heads-up, it's probably best to tag me (or @Famine) — Newsie is more or less automated, so he's unlikely to "see" this. 👍
I kind of suspected that, but decided to do the dumb thing anyway.

Appreciate the heads-up.

@GTPNewsWire

Despite our best efforts, we are unable to launch our next major console update at the end of this month, as hoped. However, we’re pushing hard and fingers crossed, we should have a release date to share with you all very soon. We’re almost there!
Thank you all so much for your continued patience and support - It means so much to the team!
This update is full of incredible content and features, including Custom Online Lobbies, Custom Championships and much more. Stay tuned for more info...

FAzQsIP.jpg

gUdrnuZ.jpg

2AhKQRe.jpg

This is sooo disappointing! What's worse than having to wait four something? Having someone tell you to expect something, and then failing to deliver. For such a great driving experience, it's a shame this game can't deliver on content. I've grown quite bored of what's currently available online. This "failure to deliver" culture is oddly prominent (and tolerated) in the video game industry.

What my biggest concern is what bugs or not quite properly finished aspects will slip through. If they are struggling this much, for this long, doesn't bode well with me. Or, they are making a supreme effort to get it right first time.

Glass half full/empty time ;-)

Hey, I've been having a nice break. I don't think I've touched any car game or Assetto for that matter since end of January. So when this hits with all the new cars and tracks, it'll feel all new and ooohh ahhhh awesome.

I can only assume it'll be 1 - 2GB when this patch hits.

What my biggest concern is what bugs or not quite properly finished aspects will slip through. If they are struggling this much, for this long, doesn't bode well with me. Or, they are making a supreme effort to get it right first time.

Glass half full/empty time ;-)

The fact that they shared those three pictures probably means the fundamentals are in place, suggesting the remaining struggles are fixable annoyances. I mean, they'd be stupid to show us what we're getting if they were in deep trouble making things work. No matter what, I'd be surprised if there won't be a hotfix patch within the first two weeks.

The fact that they shared those three pictures probably means the fundamentals are in place, suggesting the remaining struggles are fixable annoyances. I mean, they'd be stupid to show us what we're getting if they were in deep trouble making things work. No matter what, I'd be surprised if there won't be a hotfix patch within the first two weeks.
It's possible the update is about to go into submission or has just gone into submission. Fingers crossed.

The great beneficiaries of this disaster will be Slightly Mad Studios that will fish all the sim racers that feel outraged by this situation.
Let me explain...
The level of demand today is enormous. People live with this stupid and selfish sense of entitlement where everybody should, by law, do the utmost to fully please us or else...
Kids, specially this "goddam kids of today" like my dad says, have no clue that the first four Granturismo games had no online racing or dlc's or any of those modern crap but drove us, old farts, to the stratosphere of pure pleasure... unconditionally.
Now, if the dlc doesn't come on the exact day the studio announced six months earlier, you just laugh your freaking butt off with the complaints and promises of eternal hate because someone dared to violently kill those arrogant expectations!
And that's what kunos is doing... failing hard with this modern society's entitlement of "perfection now or go 🤬 yourself" issue!
If SMS manages to fail with their schedules for only a week or two, that's it... all the highly depressed Assetto's former costumers will fall in their bucket like babies looking for a safe refuge in they're mommy's lap.
Oh this modern world....

Stop being so childish, and wait for another month.. or even two.. they are working on it!!!

Or go play pcars.. nobody asked you to play, nor to wait, so stop complaining!!!!

I have unlimited time to wait, gt6 thaught me how to be patient..

Kunos, do what you gotta to.. just make sure, when you release it works how it was supposed to work!

Stop being so childish, and wait for another month.. or even two.. they are working on it!!!

Or go play pcars.. nobody asked you to play, nor to wait, so stop complaining!!!!

I have unlimited time to wait, gt6 thaught me how to be patient..

Kunos, do what you gotta to.. just make sure, when you release it works how it was supposed to work!
I think thats what Schmiggz is being sarcastic about...todays youth and the lack of patience for something worth the wait. I know Schmiggz is a big AC fan and has been and is patiently waiting with the rest of us AC fans for the greatness to come. It will be the loss of those who have moved on. I am looking forward to the update, but I too am willing to wait for as long as it takes for it to be right. What a sim it will be once it does.

I think thats what Schmiggz is being sarcastic about...todays youth and the lack of patience for something worth the wait. I know Schmiggz is a big AC fan and has been and is patiently waiting with the rest of us AC fans for the greatness to come. It will be the loss of those who have moved on. I am looking forward to the update, but I too am willing to wait for as long as it takes for it to be right. What a sim it will be once it does.

I wasnt talking to him.. was talking to many others who said they will no longer wait, and crying over things that should be in game from day 1.. which may be true, but no game was ever perfect from day 1.. but if we compare kunos and PD, in gt6 we never had that support from them.. they.promised 5 things, than gave us 2, one of them always sh***y.. at least kunos dot do that (i hope)

Assetto Corsa staff and developers get a pass from me. These people do serious work and have a very good product.
Unlike some other (PD) vendors, their issues can be traced directly to the shortage of personnel and the cumbersome submission processes of Sony and Microsoft.

I give AC all the props because they follow through with what they promise. I have no doubt that once they clear the submission hurdle, they will submit a clean product. And if there are any problems or issues Kunos will be forthcoming and efficient in addressing and fixing them. Kunos handles their business. I have no beef with them at all.

I do wish I could map the directional buttons on my wheel (T300RS) and would like specific support of all popular wheel, pedal packages. Rain, fog and various cloud conditions along with time change should be incorporated.
But what they get right is simulation. They get it. Racing sims are about racing and the feel of driving a racing car.

Assetto Corsa staff and developers get a pass from me. These people do serious work and have a very good product.
Unlike some other (PD) vendors, their issues can be traced directly to the shortage of personnel and the cumbersome submission processes of Sony and Microsoft.

I give AC all the props because they follow through with what they promise. I have no doubt that once they clear the submission hurdle, they will submit a clean product. And if there are any problems or issues Kunos will be forthcoming and efficient in addressing and fixing them. Kunos handles their business. I have no beef with them at all.

I do wish I could map the directional buttons on my wheel (T300RS) and would like specific support of all popular wheel, pedal packages. Rain, fog and various cloud conditions along with time change should be incorporated.
But what they get right is simulation. They get it. Racing sims are about racing and the feel of driving a racing car.
Well you're g0nna get your wish with Button mapping, rain though you'll have to wait for the AC2 that isn't announced but inevitable.

I guess Carlos was right after all when he said to me close to June back in January.
Thankfully this update doesn't just contain lobbies so will be a great update will probably feel like it was worth the wait.

The only thing that bothers me about them taking so long is a lot of the good drivers are slowly disappearing, I got on last night and only 20 people were online!

Look on the bright side, hopefully it's mostly the punters and wreckers that have moved on and only the serious racers will be left. :D

I've just dug my Sega Mega Drive (Genesis in NA) out, Road Rash, Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP, and wait, Streets Of Rage 2!! :D Who needs modern day games with updates/patches to fix/add things that should have worked/been in the game from day 1.....

Now, where do i plug the controller into? ;)

My memory is so bad and it's getting worse and worse. I know that console players haven't had an update in forever, so I wonder what Kunos decided to do with the audible & visual Downshift Protection alert. If it's enabled with no way to turn it off, like we could on PC, people are going to absolutely go bonkers over that visual alert. Ya know what? I wouldn't blame them at all. I don't mind the audible alert. In fact, it's a good thing in a lot of ways. The visual alert? Not so much...Although, the flip side to that discussion is, Don't trigger the alert then. Downshift properly. :D

My memory is so bad and it's getting worse and worse. I know that console players haven't had an update in forever, so I wonder what Kunos decided to do with the audible & visual Downshift Protection alert. If it's enabled with no way to turn it off, like we could on PC, people are going to absolutely go bonkers over that visual alert. Ya know what? I wouldn't blame them at all. I don't mind the audible alert. In fact, it's a good thing in a lot of ways. The visual alert? Not so much...Although, the flip side to that discussion is, Don't trigger the alert then. Downshift properly. :D

That's a good thought. I like the audio alert but disabled the visual alert after the first time I saw it, hopefully they give the console players a way to turn it off because it's rather undesirable IMO.

Back