Assetto Corsa in VRPC 

• Thread starter r3b3ld3
  • 353 comments
I tried this and everything was horribly bleached and overexposed, blindingly so.
Weird!
Went back to pureSIMPLE which looks good to me.
ok so i went and tried pureSIMPLE on flatscreen quickly to see initial results. pureCANDY was washing things out even in 2d where was pureSIMPLE looked a lot more balanced. ill have a go in vr later but initially its looking like pureSIMPLE may be the better filter

hi guys!

since I don't how long (a while now) I noticed that when playing on Quest 2 (video options set to output Oculus Rift ), I no longer have any image on monitor while racing (blank screen).
This is mainly an issue if I want to take a screenshot (F8) , it's also completely blank (black).

Anyone has any suggestion to try?
I do have Custom mirroring setting of CSP on:

1661205097892.png

(also turned off is no change in situation and Mode to default Left eye also no sigar)

Hi all,
Got a request for advise here:
So I have been having a lot of fun with my Quest 2 and AC.
However... I feel it's time for an upgrade, especially as I find the Oculus is not very economical with computing resources.
I would be willing to spend between up to €1500 for a good set. (but not more..)

What would be a step up from the Quest 2?

Hi all,
However... I feel it's time for an upgrade, especially as I find the Oculus is not very economical with computing resources.
I would be willing to spend between up to €1500 for a good set. (but not more..)

Good question. I went from a rift s to a reverb g2. Not had the full benefits yet as need to upgrade graphics card to 4090 hopefully.
just done computer upgrade to i9 12900k 32g ddr5.

Good question. I went from a rift s to a reverb g2. Not had the full benefits yet as need to upgrade graphics card to 4090 hopefully.
just done computer upgrade to i9 12900k 32g ddr5.
the 4090 should be ideal. on a 3080 ive managed to get 100% resolution on max settings with a bit of FidelityFX on and reprojection too. 90fps in any condition with up to 50+ cars in the rain at night in crystal clear clarity.

your setup would be much more powerful than mine so you'd probably be able to just do everything max with 100% resolution without any FidelityFX.

Hi all,

I went from a Rift S to a G2 a year or so ago. Honestly the G2 is the best headset on the market. Its easy to setup, easy to use and has arguably the best clarity.

Don't get tempted by the Pimax stuff, they are a pain to use due to poor software support and require base stations. Anything else is a downgrade.

The only bad things about the g2 are the controllers which are rather large and clunky and the high-end hardware needed to run it at 100%.

Hi all,

The Varjo Aero is currently the best commercial HMD I think, but is €2k so over your budget. It might be worth waiting to see what Meta have in mind for the Quest 3.
Hopefully wider IPD, wider FOV and a proper video cable to negate the awful Q2 compression artefacts.

Last edited:
the 4090 should be ideal. on a 3080 ive managed to get 100% resolution on max settings with a bit of FidelityFX on and reprojection too. 90fps in any condition with up to 50+ cars in the rain at night in crystal clear clarity.

your setup would be much more powerful than mine so you'd probably be able to just do everything max with 100% resolution without any FidelityFX.
Yes . That’s the plan. I’m only running a 1080 at the moment so only on 40% on my G2. I can only run about 12 cars in normal conditions to get about 80-90 fps.

Yes . That’s the plan. I’m only running a 1080 at the moment so only on 40% on my G2. I can only run about 12 cars in normal conditions to get about 80-90 fps.
You might consider a Pico 4, very good specs for the price, or there are a lot of other things coming soon.

You might consider a Pico 4, very good specs for the price, or there are a lot of other things coming soon.

I don't know too much about the Pico 4 but it's good to see 72mm max IPD. Does it have a proper video cable to avoid the Quest 2's horrible USB compression artefacts?
The other important thing is whether it has a good ASW alternative.

Last edited:
Watched quite a few preview videos of the Pico 4 and it looks very good indeed, but... no proper DP/HDMI video link.
So all the same compression/drop out problems of the Quest 2 will likely be present in the Pico 4 when playing PCVR sims.
Bah!
What a disappointment.

Last edited:
Watched quite a few preview videos of the Pico 4 and it looks very good indeed, but... no proper DP/HDMI video link.
So all the same compression/drop out problems of the Quest 2 will likely be present in the Pico 4 when playing PCVR sims.
Bah!
What a disappointment.
The USB only feature is really it's only drawback--if it affects quality and performance. With my Quest 2, I might have one frame dropout every 3-4 days, once during a VR session, and I don't notice compression issues, or I really have to look to see it.

I know the PICO 3 does have the more desirable connection feature, but I haven't looked at its' other features, and there's still other headsets coming soon.

The USB only feature is really it's only drawback--if it affects quality and performance. With my Quest 2, I might have one frame dropout every 3-4 days, once during a VR session, and I don't notice compression issues, or I really have to look to see it.

I know the PICO 3 does have the more desirable connection feature, but I haven't looked at its' other features, and there's still other headsets coming soon.
I had a good fast USB and good connection on the Q2 but the compression artefacts in the cockpit and on the road were killing it for me. I returned the Q2 and went back to my CV1 and was much happier knowing it was a lossless image, even if it was lower resolution.
The IPD of the Q2 wasn't a great fit either, that's another reason why the Pico 4 looked almost perfect.
Why the hell they haven't added a DP socket I'll never know.

Hello. I'm thinking of moving from SteamVR to openXR and I want to know if anyone has tried it to see if it's really worth it. The doubt is because with AC/CM/SOL/PURE/ etc... sometimes you feel that you never finish configuring and configuring and... configuring again. And obviously adding openXR to the equation adds more configuration options (and bugs?). I appreciate any light on the subject.

Hello. I'm thinking of moving from SteamVR to openXR and I want to know if anyone has tried it to see if it's really worth it. The doubt is because with AC/CM/SOL/PURE/ etc... sometimes you feel that you never finish configuring and configuring and... configuring again. And obviously adding openXR to the equation adds more configuration options (and bugs?). I appreciate any light on the subject.
Definitely not as many endless options as the rest of CM/CSP/SOL/etc. I have a Reverb G2 so I use OpenXR so I don’t have to have run SteamVR AND WMR at the same time. It took some setting up but I followed some tutorial and haven’t had to touch it since, just put it on and go. It works great for me and my system but YMMV.

I had a good fast USB and good connection on the Q2 but the compression artefacts in the cockpit and on the road were killing it for me. I returned the Q2 and went back to my CV1 and was much happier knowing it was a lossless image, even if it was lower resolution.
The IPD of the Q2 wasn't a great fit either, that's another reason why the Pico 4 looked almost perfect.
Why the hell they haven't added a DP socket I'll never know.
hi, also using the Q2 w Link , and i notice quite less compression artifacts when setting this "dither" option:

1665650444406.png

try it! cheers, Ed

PS : should my Q2 die on me , i would prob now go for the "Pico Neo 3 Link" (which has a DP ).

hi, also using the Q2 w Link , and i notice quite less compression artifacts when setting this "dither" option:

View attachment 1200077

try it! cheers, Ed

PS : should my Q2 die on me , i would prob now go for the "Pico Neo 3 Link" (which has a DP ).
I'll keep that dither setting in mind in case I end up with a Pico 4. Thanks.

The Pico Neo Link 3 uses fresnel lenses though, which was another big plus for the Pico 4 (pancakes, with a lot less bloom)

Definitely not as many endless options as the rest of CM/CSP/SOL/etc. I have a Reverb G2 so I use OpenXR so I don’t have to have run SteamVR AND WMR at the same time. It took some setting up but I followed some tutorial and haven’t had to touch it since, just put it on and go. It works great for me and my system but YMMV.
Thanks. Do you remember where I can find the tutorial you mention?

Hi All. I would like some help please if anybody plays AC in VR with a G2 headset. I am having trouble getting it to run properly.
tried a lot of settings from windows mixed reality and steam vr settings. I was wondering if anyone would share there settings please. I have a top system now after upgrade with 12900k and just got a 4090 and 32gb of memory. Flat screen fantastic but struggling with my VR. I would really appreciate any help

Hi All. I would like some help please if anybody plays AC in VR with a G2 headset. I am having trouble getting it to run properly.
tried a lot of settings from windows mixed reality and steam vr settings. I was wondering if anyone would share there settings please. I have a top system now after upgrade with 12900k and just got a 4090 and 32gb of memory. Flat screen fantastic but struggling with my VR. I would really appreciate any help
Take a look at the posts above with OpenXR. The Reverb G2 needs WMR running so without OpenXR you’re basically running WMR to open SteamVR to then play Assetto Corsa, OpenXR let’s you bypass SteamVR and can massively improve performance. Otherwise I’ll share my settings when I get back on my rig but that’ll be the biggest improvement for the G2.

Take a look at the posts above with OpenXR. The Reverb G2 needs WMR running so without OpenXR you’re basically running WMR to open SteamVR to then play Assetto Corsa, OpenXR let’s you bypass SteamVR and can massively improve performance. Otherwise I’ll share my settings when I get back on my rig but that’ll be the biggest improvement for the G2.
Was looking at open XR but it looks quite complicated. I thought my system would be fine on steam. I would appreciate if you could share your settings please for WMR and in game. Or any steam settings. Many thanks.

Can you tell me what settings you have in WMR and Steam VR please. Can’t seam to get mine to work even on low settings in steam VR. Cheers.

Was looking at open XR but it looks quite complicated. I thought my system would be fine on steam. I would appreciate if you could share your settings please for WMR and in game. Or any steam settings. Many thanks.
Just watch the video I posted, it's honestly less work and setup/tinkering than CSP/CM. Here's my settings for CSP though, drop the attached in your "C:\Users\[YOUR_NAME]\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Shaders Patch Presets" folder, and below are my AC video settings. I have a pretty robust system but still 3 years old at this point so your system should have no problem performing very well:

1666060973117.png

Attachments

• Yuri's VR Optimization-2022.ini
    2.8 KB · Views: 24
Just watch the video I posted, it's honestly less work and setup/tinkering than CSP/CM. Here's my settings for CSP though, drop the attached in your "C:\Users\[YOUR_NAME]\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Shaders Patch Presets" folder, and below are my AC video settings. I have a pretty robust system but still 3 years old at this point so your system should have no problem performing very well:

View attachment 1201293
Hi. Thank you will test tonight when back home. Cheers.

View attachment 1201293
Hi. Just a quick question. You have the resolution set up as for the G2. Is that for your monitor or do you need it for the G2 as well.
I Have mine set at 1920 x1080 as I use a TV as my monitor . I only had a1080 GTX before which worked ok.

Hi. Just a quick question. You have the resolution set up as for the G2. Is that for your monitor or do you need it for the G2 as well.
I Have mine set at 1920 x1080 as I use a TV as my monitor . I only had a1080 GTX before which worked ok.
I believe the AC resolution is just for the monitor but I can’t remember exactly, I never saw a performance hit so I run it for the G2 resolution anyway just to be safe.

Back