Assetto Corsa in VRPC 

• Thread starter r3b3ld3
  • 352 comments
Hi. Just a quick question. You have the resolution set up as for the G2. Is that for your monitor or do you need it for the G2 as well.
I Have mine set at 1920 x1080 as I use a TV as my monitor . I only had a1080 GTX before which worked ok.
Download the opencompositelauncher from the below link, it allows you to switch between oc and steam vr and auto updates to the latest version

What results are you getting with your old settings on your new system? Certainly shouldn't be worse as you have about as good as it gets now.

I am running an i9 9900k & 3090FE, I use the wmr developer app to set the G2 at 80% res, 90hz in the wmr portal and best quality, I can run pretty much maxed out settings in AC and get 90fps in most situations.

Hi. The old settings I had for the 1080 I wiped not thinking there would be any issues. I haven’t tried the developer app yet so will try that. What settings are you using for Steam. I have tried all settings from high to really low. Runs on low but looks awful. I have updated all drivers ,Nvidia ,WMR,Windows 11 , Steam VR,. Is there anything you can think that maybe in Nvidia settings I need to disable maybe. Any help is greatly appreciated. I was hoping this would work out of the box. Many thanks.

If you are using open composite it will bypass steam vr.
The developer app is for wmr and is found in the Microsoft app store.

Last edited:
I have not used the open composite as I didn’t know what it was. Is the WMR Developer app easy to install and set up.
I have always just used WMR and Steam with no problems.

I have not used the open composite as I didn’t know what it was. Is the WMR Developer app easy to install and set up.
I have always just used WMR and Steam with no problems.
Were you using the G2 previously or a different headset?
Both are very easy to install and set up.
As I said I am surprised you are having issues with your GPU/CPU setup but the G2 is demanding, opencomposite really helps in that regard, if I can get good results with my hardware then you should get better unless something else is wrong.
Have you benchmarked the pc?

Last edited:
As I said I am surprised you are having issues with your GPU/CPU setup but the G2 is demanding, opencomposite really helps in that regard, if I can get good results with my hardware then you should get better unless something else is wrong.
Yes I was using the G2 with the GTX 1080. I have set up all ok in WMR and Steam not had any problems until the 4090.
I use CM and CSP no problems. Not benchmarked VR yet. Flat screen seam to work ok just VR bad.

Then you must have an issue, have you downloaded the latest drivers from geforce experience?
I would run a benchmark, some good websites for doing that which will compare to people with the same setup as you.

Thanks KJ for posting the GitLab for open composite, I hadn’t even thought about checking for updates or anything since 0.6.2

Ken I do think you’re biggest limiting factor is running through SteamVR, if you were running the G2 at 40% before with your 1080 you really shouldn’t have any issues running at close to 100% with a 4090. I don’t remember if running through both SteamVR and WMR was more stressful on CPU or GPU but OpenXR will help a lot, I’ve got an “old” i7 9700k and a 2080TI and I’m stable at 72fps running a full grid with pretty close to all ultra settings.

Edit: I am on windows 10 so maybe that’s the issue for you? KJ is way more up on it than I am though so hopefully his posts help

Last edited:
Yes I was using the G2. I have set them up ok on WMR and Steam VR. I also re- installed both again in case of any error’s.
I have not benchmarked pc yet. Not sure how to do that. I can benchmark the game in CM.

Hi I don't use my rift s anymore and noticed that in my task manager it has an oculus thing running but its disconnected form my PC, any idea how i can remove all traces of it? Just seems pointless having oculus on my PC now.

Hi I don't use my rift s anymore and noticed that in my task manager it has an oculus thing running but its disconnected form my PC, any idea how i can remove all traces of it? Just seems pointless having oculus on my PC now.
I guess just delete any Oculus folders or programs you have. And delete the Oculus tray tool if you had that.

I guess just delete any Oculus folders or programs you have. And delete the Oculus tray tool if you had that.
Yeah did some of that already but still something runs in task manager. I'll trawl the files more see if there is anything I missed.

Can you tell me what settings you have in WMR and Steam VR please. Can’t seam to get mine to work even on low settings in steam VR. Cheers.
you still looking for these settings? been away poorly but can walk you through it if you still need em

Hope your getting better now. Yes if you don’t mind. Just the main settings would be a great help. Sorted one problem with windows
11 which was causing horrendous problems. Many thanks.

It's happened. Upgraded from a GTX 1080 Ti to a 3070 Ti.

On my ulta-wide screen, the performance is incredible. Very good benchmark settings.

I just benchmarked Shadow of the Tomb Raider on my widescreen. With everything on, with the highest settings, 2450x1080 at 144Hz, I got an average of 107FPS.

I get very high FPS when playing Control, a graphic intensive "psychokenetic" game, that features ray-tracing on almost every surface. That's with the RTX effects on at the highest graphics settings.

HOWEVER...
Assetto Corsa in VR... still getting the same performance as with the 1080 Ti. 45FPS. Same results with a link cable, and with Airlink (haven't tested Virtual Desktop yet)

Guess it's time to go through the previous posts on this thread to troubleshoot the issue.

Disappointed at the moment, but hopeful.

1668276194592.png

Last edited:
I’m also having VR issues . Upgraded from a 1080 to a 4090 with a 12900k cpu and 32 G2 ram ect. Not much difference in performance. Would be interested to see if anybody is running on Windows 10 not 11 as I am. I got a feeling it’s a problem with Windows 11. Any ideas please.

It's happened. Upgraded from a GTX 1080 Ti to a 3070 Ti.

On my ulta-wide screen, the performance is incredible. Very good benchmark settings. I get very high FPS when playing Control, a graphic intensive "psychokenetic" game, that features ray-tracing on almost every surface. That's with the RTX effects on at the highest graphics settings.

Assetto Corsa in VR... still getting the same performance as with the 1080 Ti. 45FPS. Same results with a link cable, and with Airlink (haven't tested Virtual Desktop yet)

Guess it's time to go through the previous posts on this thread to troubleshoot the issue.

Disappointed at the moment, but hopeful.

CPU throttling your GPU..?

I’m also having VR issues . Upgraded from a 1080 to a 4090 with a 12900k cpu and 32 G2 ram ect. Not much difference in performance. Would be interested to see if anybody is running on Windows 10 not 11 as I am. I got a feeling it’s a problem with Windows 11. Any ideas please.
I'm running Windows 10. I'll post info once I commit some time to troubleshooting and determine what, if anything, improves VR performance.

I just benchmarked Shadow of the Tomb Raider on my widescreen. With everything on, with the highest settings, 2560x1080 at 144Hz, I got an average of 107FPS.

Last edited:
CPU throttling your GPU..?
I will be testing that, as this is an earlier gen i7, and older MB.

However, I am getting incredible performance on the widescreen.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark, everything at max, RTX on at highest quality, 2560x1080, 144Hz -- 107 FPS Average

Maybe a bottleneck occurs when the signal's being compressed before being sent to the Quest 2, along with receiving and processing signals that are being returned from the Quest 2.

Last edited:
I'm running Windows 10. I'll post info once I commit some time to troubleshooting and determine what, if anything, improves VR performance.

I just benchmarked Shadow of the Tomb Raider on my widescreen. With everything on, with the highest settings, 2450x1080 at 144Hz, I got an average of 107FPS.
Thanks. I only run racing sim’s mainly Asseto Corsa , Dirt 2.0. I was now hoping to run ACC as not be able to run before.
If I find anything I will let you know.

I have just bought a new PC, gone from i9 9900k 3090fe to 7950x with a 4090 and the upgrade is mind-blowing. I used to run 80% res on my G2 and get 60fps on shuto with traffic now I'm running 100% res and getting 90, I haven't been able to find a combo that it doesn't hit 90 on. Also Dirt 2 was always a struggle with lots of low settings and now is perfect with max so something is wrong for you Ken, could be what masscot is saying but your CPU is pretty good, maybe your board? I'm windows 10 though as I could never get alien isolation mother vr to run on win 11 so downgraded long ago.

I have just bought a new PC, gone from i9 9900k 3090fe to 7950x with a 4090 and the upgrade is mind-blowing. I used to run 80% res on my G2 and get 60fps on shuto with traffic now I'm running 100% res and getting 90, I haven't been able to find a combo that it doesn't hit 90 on. Also Dirt 2 was always a struggle with lots of low settings and now is perfect with max so something is wrong for you Ken, could be what masscot is saying but your CPU is pretty good, maybe your board? I'm windows 10 though as I could never get alien isolation mother vr to run on win 11 so downgraded long ago.
Maybe I need to try Windows 10. I have spoken to Windows but didn’t get any answer other than they reinstalled windows 11 and messed up and lost my programs. Wish I hadn’t bothered. Bean in touch with Nvidia but is ongoing. Nobody seams to be able to help. Upgraded to new computer and now added 4090 cost £4000.00 so was hoping a big difference. Frustrating.

Maybe I need to try Windows 10. I have spoken to Windows but didn’t get any answer other than they reinstalled windows 11 and messed up and lost my programs. Wish I hadn’t bothered. Bean in touch with Nvidia but is ongoing. Nobody seams to be able to help. Upgraded to new computer and now added 4090 cost £4000.00 so was hoping a big difference. Frustrating.
I assume you tried the holographic shell fix I linked you a few weeks ago that was causing issues with win11? Very strange if you have now upgraded the whole pc.

I assume you tried the holographic shell fix I linked you a few weeks ago that was causing issues with win11? Very strange if you have now upgraded the whole pc.
Yes I did the holographic shell thing straight away. That makes it run smoothly and stops most stunning. Still not much difference between my new system and old. Strange. Been trying assorts but no luck yet.

Try open composite, it's simple, just install it from the site I linked then use the switcher to turn OC on them start AC in openvr mode and it will bypass steam vr.

Try open composite, it's simple, just install it from the site I linked then use the switcher to turn OC on them start AC in openvr mode and it will bypass steam vr.
Will have a look at that but need to understand what I’m doing . Not the best at pc stuff. But nothing to lose. Thanks.

It's simple, download it, open it and switch to open composite then start any compatible game in steam vr mode, job done. You can switch back to steam vr by using the switcher or just by launching steam vr from the button in the top corner of steam.

Back