Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
PC Players...

Can you explain to me what the heck this Enable_Gyro= option does? Currently, I have mine disabled. I know some wheels you don't ever want to turn it on...Some you can...Some you want to - for whatever reason, I don't fully know. How about Damper_Min_Level= ? It defaults 0.0 and I've seen people set it to 0.1, so I copied them. :embarrassed: You'll probably notice I have Simulation_Value set to 4 right now. As I get more used to V10 tires on all the cars, I'll probably go up to a 5...maybe 6 but definitely not higher. That's just too much for me to handle.

JfgJZ5p.png

PC Players...

Can you explain to me what the heck this Enable_Gyro= option does? Currently, I have mine disabled. I know some wheels you don't ever want to turn it on...Some you can...Some you want to - for whatever reason, I don't fully know. How about Damper_Min_Level= ? It defaults 0.0 and I've seen people set it to 0.1, so I copied them. :embarrassed: You'll probably notice I have Simulation_Value set to 4 right now. As I get more used to V10 tires on all the cars, I'll probably go up to a 5...maybe 6 but definitely not higher. That's just too much for me to handle.

JfgJZ5p.png

I don't know the specifics but it mimics the rotational force of a spinning wheel, i.e. a rotating mass tends to want to hold its angle and momentum. The feature is originally intended to counter oscillations in direct drive wheels but it has some benefits to other high end wheels too, my wheel feels better with it on but it's subtle and I can't really describe it. I don't think it has a whole lot effect on a DFGT but it wouldn't hurt to try and I don't think it would cause any negative effects. I've also seen the recommendation of damper min level of 0.01 but I have no idea why or what it means.

Personally, I can only handle a simulation value of 2, anything higher and blood starts seeping from my ears.

You'll probably notice I have Simulation_Value set to 4 right now. As I get more used to V10 tires on all the cars, I'll probably go up to a 5...maybe 6 but definitely not higher. That's just too much for me to handle.
That's interesting, can you describe what do you feel or how the cars react with a different value? I always thought it was a mere joke from Kunos.

That's interesting, can you describe what do you feel or how the cars react with a different value? I always thought it was a mere joke from Kunos.
The higher you set it the more realistic the game is. If you set it too high, every accident will be billed to you and you'll start to feel a concussion.

I don't know the specifics but it mimics the rotational force of a spinning wheel, i.e. a rotating mass tends to want to hold its angle and momentum. The feature is originally intended to counter oscillations in direct drive wheels but it has some benefits to other high end wheels too, my wheel feels better with it on but it's subtle and I can't really describe it. I don't think it has a whole lot effect on a DFGT but it wouldn't hurt to try and I don't think it would cause any negative effects. I've also seen the recommendation of damper min level of 0.01 but I have no idea why or what it means.

Personally, I can only handle a simulation value of 2, anything higher and blood starts seeping from my ears.
Ahhh yes....Now I remember people talking about the Gyro effect, over on the official forums. My DFGT is too high-end to be affected by such nonsense. :sly: I would love to try a high-end wheel..heck I'd like to try a T300 just to see how different it feels from the DFGT which is the only wheel I've ever held. I've had to go inside the car.ini file on some mods and turn down FFMULT=x.xxx because it's often set way too high for my wheel. It clips non-freakin-stop and it feels like it'll take an extra set of hands to turn the heavy wheel. Poor modding because I never have a problem with Kunos cars. Well, besides adjusting the overall FFB setting using + & - on the numpad.

Don't listen to these guys. They're just trying to keep all the simulation value to themselves. :sly: :lol: :cheers:

Ahhh yes....Now I remember people talking about the Gyro effect, over on the official forums. My DFGT is too high-end to be affected by such nonsense. :sly: I would love to try a high-end wheel..heck I'd like to try a T300 just to see how different it feels from the DFGT which is the only wheel I've ever held.

I wonder what the DFGT feels like compared to the Logitech G25?

The T300 is nice more so with the Alcantara rim since it is so light. The feedback is so smooth. Feels like tiny messaging devices going through your fingers because it is so quiet. That and there is no deadzone in the centre of the wheel versus the Logitech G25.

Tempted to replace the shifter paddles on the Alcantara rim...
shifter-paddles-thrustmaster-t300-rs-ferrari.jpg

I wonder what the DFGT feels like compared to the Logitech G25?

Surprisingly comparable. The G25/27 have just a little more going on thanks to the motor, but the DFGT isn't nearly as mechanical as the DF Pro. Better still, the differences aren't as blatantly obvious as if you used the DF Pro and immediately jumped to a G25/27.

Is the G25/27 better? In my opinion, yes. But only just.

One thing that really bothers me about the DFGT is the fact that it doesn't even have paddles. They're buttons. It gets the job done, but it would look better with the paddles. I am thankful for the additional buttons on front. I can assign more functions to the wheel.

I don't know if you guys got a tweet from Stefano a couple of days ago about joining him and Luca on the track for some racing action. Gergo (pankykapus) ended up joining in the fun too. Sadly, I was in a car when I got the message and I wouldn't be home in time to jump in. Luca was testing something to do with the Oculus Rift. Stefano was streaming normally while Luca was streaming the VR view.

Stefano's YouTube page has the full 2 hours available for viewing. Luca does too, I believe, but I didn't watch any of it. Anyway, the reason I'm posting the video here is so you can watch our fearless leader transform Turn 1 at Zandvoort into one giant cluster-🤬!! :lol: Oh, I was laughing... I only watched a couple of laps and then I skipped to the next race at Vallelunga where Stefano became a victim at Cimini 1 on the first lap. That's basically the first real turn after the highspeed leaners following the starting line. I wish I understood Italian. :lol:

Skip to 15:30 if you want to start from when Stefano first gets on track to do a few warm-up laps and then the race begins. I'm too lazy to look exactly where the 2nd race begins, but you'll see they switched to 911 GT3 Cup cars from the 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 they ran in the first race.

And for PC here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...erati-250f-6c-thomson-road-grand-prix.351662/

In case you would be bored this weekend :P
So far not a lot of entries so I thought I'd hit the virtual streets and promote it.
How good is Fat-Alfie at designing and building tracks? Hot damn! If I'm not mistaken, Bilster Berg was his first AC mod attempt. While it's not a track with a lot of buildings and/or trackside objects, but the track has a butt-load of elevation changes and twists & turns for a 4 km track, in my opinion. It's no wonder someone made him an offer on the track.

This Thompson Road circuit is like the complete opposite of Bilster Berg. A ton of vegetation and trackside objects. One object that is harder to make look real than you'd think are trackside advertising signs. The kind that he has at the hairpin turn midway through the track. I don't know if they're supposed to be vinyl or whatever, but too often the signs are just too flat and squared perfectly. He expertly adds in some droop when necessary and he models the signs to have slight deformations and it adds life to something as mundane as a Bosch Spark Plugs trackside sign. Thompson Road has a ton of 'em too.

He has another track coming out. German. He gave me a very early build to look for bugs and see if the road felt good - I haven't really seen it in a long time, I'm sure it'll blow my mind just like his first two track have.

All of them, please. :D
Seriously. I really, really hope we get a Ferrari Testarossa so our Countach's have a buddy to play with. 👍

Porsche Cup Cars:

1:03:21 race 2.

1:39.39 race 3.

I had watched the whole thing after midnight. William was crazy fast and super consistent. Listen to 1:59:25. :D

I don't know if you guys got a tweet from Stefano a couple of days ago about joining him and Luca on the track for some racing action. Gergo (pankykapus) ended up joining in the fun too. Sadly, I was in a car when I got the message and I wouldn't be home in time to jump in. Luca was testing something to do with the Oculus Rift. Stefano was streaming normally while Luca was streaming the VR view.

Stefano's YouTube page has the full 2 hours available for viewing. Luca does too, I believe, but I didn't watch any of it. Anyway, the reason I'm posting the video here is so you can watch our fearless leader transform Turn 1 at Zandvoort into one giant cluster-🤬!! :lol: Oh, I was laughing... I only watched a couple of laps and then I skipped to the next race at Vallelunga where Stefano became a victim at Cimini 1 on the first lap. That's basically the first real turn after the highspeed leaners following the starting line. I wish I understood Italian. :lol:

Skip to 15:30 if you want to start from when Stefano first gets on track to do a few warm-up laps and then the race begins. I'm too lazy to look exactly where the 2nd race begins, but you'll see they switched to 911 GT3 Cup cars from the 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 they ran in the first race.

How good is Fat-Alfie at designing and building tracks? Hot damn! If I'm not mistaken, Bilster Berg was his first AC mod attempt. While it's not a track with a lot of buildings and/or trackside objects, but the track has a butt-load of elevation changes and twists & turns for a 4 km track, in my opinion. It's no wonder someone made him an offer on the track.

This Thompson Road circuit is like the complete opposite of Bilster Berg. A ton of vegetation and trackside objects. One object that is harder to make look real than you'd think are trackside advertising signs. The kind that he has at the hairpin turn midway through the track. I don't know if they're supposed to be vinyl or whatever, but too often the signs are just too flat and squared perfectly. He expertly adds in some droop when necessary and he models the signs to have slight deformations and it adds life to something as mundane as a Bosch Spark Plugs trackside sign. Thompson Road has a ton of 'em too.

He has another track coming out. German. He gave me a very early build to look for bugs and see if the road felt good - I haven't really seen it in a long time, I'm sure it'll blow my mind just like his first two track have.

Seriously. I really, really hope we get a Ferrari Testarossa so our Countach's have a buddy to play with. 👍

As he gets back on track he says "manajj la troia " (not translating that ) then says my fault i lost the car. Made me lol.

I see a lot of people asking for the F12 and 550, whilst i would love them i really hope those requests are ignored.
Me too. I really like the 550 too, but there are so many other cars that I'd rather see arrive first.

Chief of which are the 166 MM Barchetta, 250 MM, 250 TR, 250 GTO, 250 LM, 330 P4, 312 P, 512 S, 312B, F2004 (or similar), (Dino) 206 S, F355, 430 Scuderia, 360 Challenge Stradale, FXX, 275 GTB, 250 GT SWB and the not-Ferreri-brand-but-Ferrari-built Dino 246 GT.

My vote is add at least some Ferraris that pair up well with other cars in the game.
Then you might want to throw recommendations/votes towards the 312 P (pairs off well with the 908 LH) and the 512 S (pairs off well with the 917K). F1 aside, there's not much else that comes mind though.

Edit: There's also the 488 GTE to pair off with the upcoming 2017 911 RSR.

Last edited:
Then you might want to throw recommendations/votes towards the 312 P (pairs off well with the 908 LH) and the 512 S (pairs off well with the 917K). F1 aside, there's not much else that comes mind though.

Edit: There's also the 488 GTE to pair off with the upcoming 2017 911 RSR.

The Ferrari 330 P4 also seems essential even though we only have the Ford GT40 MKI so far. The GT40 MKIV was its main rival, right?

Latest Posts

Back