Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments

Meh. I don't get the hype for this car. It doesn't have many (if any) friends to play with, we don't have a proper Le Mans, AC is fairly useless at multi-class racing, it's a great car and all but I just don't feel it fits AC very well. Not to poo-poo on the hype train or anything, I'm just personally not really at all excited for it. The rumored GT86 GT4 (that probably isn't happening), now that excites me!

I would be totally fine with Kunos populating the GT4 class...if they do it as well as they did GT3 we could have a nice selection of cars to choose from.

Me too, for some strange reason I'm fairly apathetic about GT3s but I love GT4s. I watch Pirelli World Challenge and their GTS class, which is mostly GT4 class cars, is usually one of the best races of the weekend. If we could just get a couple more GT4s to play with the Mazza GT4 I'd be a happy bunny. But I've heard several rumors that the GT86 GT4 for AC has been scrapped. :guilty:

I think the only competition the RSR will face is the C7R, 458 GT2 (old), and maybe the M3 GT2 (also old and underpowered). I'm excited for it regardless. But yeah, a fully populated GT4 class would be awesome too. Or, you know, GT2/GTE/GTLM as well :D

Oh yeah? I can't say that I even knew it was supposed to be coming. If it was in the yearly "State of the AC Address", I must have just forgotten.

The funny thing is, I absolutely love GT3 cars in real life. It's my favorite race class to watch. It's not that I dislike 'em in Assetto Corsa. I don't know. I'm probably just being a whiny baby. It's be nice if we finally got the Mazda 787 for some more Group C fun.

It's odd. The race car I've been spending the most amount of time in lately has been the Porsche 935/78 followed closely by the Porsche 917 K. I seem to really like the older cars, both street & race.

I know what you mean... I think I've been spending most of my time with the 962Cs lately. The Short Tail around the 'Ring is a blast! Ran this time the other night with all assists off and the track grip at about 98-99%. I'm only 10 seconds off the RSR record.

my 962c record.jpg

I think the only competition the RSR will face is the C7R, 458 GT2 (old), and maybe the M3 GT2 (also old and underpowered). I'm excited for it regardless. But yeah, a fully populated GT4 class would be awesome too. Or, you know, GT2/GTE/GTLM as well :D

If it's close to the C7R it should be fairly close to the other two. With that BMW you really have to wring it's neck for it to keep up with the Vette and the Fezza, but it's possible at most tracks. The BMW is probably one of my favorite cars, I've done some one-make races with it and love it (and it matches my rim :D ). Hopefully the RSR pairs nicely with them, there have been some regulation changes in the last couple years but I don't know them well enough to say if it would affect the balance between the old cars and the new one. Hopefully I'm wrong and all four will race nicely together.

If it's close to the C7R it should be fairly close to the other two. With that BMW you really have to wring it's neck for it to keep up with the Vette and the Fezza, but it's possible at most tracks. The BMW is probably one of my favorite cars, I've done some one-make races with it and love it (and it matches my rim :D ). Hopefully the RSR pairs nicely with them, there have been some regulation changes in the last couple years but I don't know them well enough to say if it would affect the balance between the old cars and the new one. Hopefully I'm wrong and all four will race nicely together.

I must not be very good with it then haha. I typically get outclassed by the other two online if they're driven well, especially by the C7R.

I must not be very good with it then haha. I typically get outclassed by the other two online if they're driven well, especially by the C7R.

It depends on the track, it can keep up on slower tracks but on high speed tracks it might struggle. That's why I usually just do a one-make race if I want to drive it.

So RSR in next update, good. It would be cool to know when the major things mentioned in the end of year blog will begin to roll out and in what order. Marco's ongoing teasers usually give a hint, but it's been a while.

I finally got round to trying SimDashboard since I finalised my Pro version design. My PCars one will take a while because it offers far more information. ABS icon there for the road-cars.

Screenshot_20170317-232056.png

The answer by Stefano regarding the 911 RSR 2017 seems a little odd in it's wording. He says it will be included in the next PC update and the first available console update. Why not say it will be available in the next update on each system? My paranoia over these things may be back!

I finally got round to trying SimDashboard since I finalised my Pro version design. My PCars one will take a while because it offers far more information. ABS icon there for the road-cars.

The answer by Stefano regarding the 911 RSR 2017 seems a little odd in it's wording. He says it will be included in the next PC update and the first available console update. Why not say it will be available in the next update on each system? My paranoia over these things may be back!
I'm gonna guess it is not in the next console update but the one after, or they already have a date for the PC update but he doesn't know a date for console. Who knows.

I'm gonna guess it is not in the next console update but the one after, or they already have a date for the PC update but he doesn't know a date for console. Who knows.
This is my opinion as well. Is the very next console update going in for PS4/Xbox approval, or whatever they call it? So, maybe he is saying that particular update is not available for change/additions any longer? I'm just guessing that based on how crazy the update process is for developers on consoles w/Sony and Microsoft compared to the PC and Steam.

"The perfect track doesn't exist so we built it"
That track is boring and terrible, last news update was right after that one month ago. I'm getting tired of this PD treatment

last news update was right after that one month ago. I'm getting tired of this PD treatment

In just the last couple weeks we've found out that we are (finally) getting the RSR in the next update as well as mandatory pitstops (online) and a new pit config app, the Ferrari 250 is coming, along with news that private lobbies will be added in the next console update. I can't recall PD ever putting out that much news in a similar time frame.

That track is boring and terrible, last news update was right after that one month ago. I'm getting tired of this PD treatment

Then go play a better sim/game. You have many to choose from.

Then go play a better sim/game. You have many to choose from.
Yea "PD treatment" is a bit harsh. Kunos is doing good by me, and I'm even on console.

Regarding the new 911 RSR... can Kunos not simply tweak it to balance it with the GTE or GT3 cars? Given how close most of the inter-class cars seem to be, I figured they were careful about balancing anyhow. I get that as a real sim they should be translated 100% from real to virtual, including their actual capability. Just seems silly that they'd make it a one-make car.

This is my opinion as well. Is the very next console update going in for PS4/Xbox approval, or whatever they call it? So, maybe he is saying that particular update is not available for change/additions any longer? I'm just guessing that based on how crazy the update process is for developers on consoles w/Sony and Microsoft compared to the PC and Steam.
Yea, seams strange as to why he would not just say next update for both.
Damn that long ago? One month? Real PD treatment right there! What is the correlation between the next update news and highlands being terrible? After the next update how long will it be before you find something boring just because it has been a few weeks since any news?

Yea "PD treatment" is a bit harsh. Kunos is doing good by me, and I'm even on console.

Regarding the new 911 RSR... can Kunos not simply tweak it to balance it with the GTE or GT3 cars? Given how close most of the inter-class cars seem to be, I figured they were careful about balancing anyhow. I get that as a real sim they should be translated 100% from real to virtual, including their actual capability. Just seems silly that they'd make it a one-make car.

My guess is it's up to Porsche what the specs are and when and it gets released. Just a guess, but we know how strict license holders can be on these things.

Whats the fancy hill climb track on the PC version? Strangely enough I somehow like the UI on the PC version versus the console. Oh and you can disable the intro which is quite nice.

It looks huge from what I saw in the menus and was wondering why it isn't in the console.

Mmm! Looks perfect for the Rally Audi.

I think it's because it's a rip from one of their older games so it doesn't quite look up to snuff and they think it's not worth the time/effort to bring it up to date.

It looks huge from what I saw in the menus and was wondering why it isn't in the console.

Mmm! Looks perfect for the Rally Audi.

It isn't in console version because Kunos (Stefano) Said its below the graphics standard they have...

Just Like the drag mode and drag strips... They aren't in console versions because it isn't a quite used mode on PC version

Still no answer why drift track isn't in free practice mode...

Still no answer why the FFB system and settings aren't the same...

Still no answer why there aren't car descriptions, showroom or Photomode or still no answer why there aren't initial grip level and type of tarmac... Or where's the M4 Akrovopic or Gallardo S3 And so on....

I also loved seeing the options to set the track conditions. Can't do that in the console. :/

Setting the track green. Nice and slippy since no car has ran a lap on the track. A bit like Texas.

Stefano said just today that they are trying to get those cars into the next update.

I wonder why the PR folks aren't kept in the loop on this sort of stuff. It's the same with the RSR — an update has popped up in the forums, but how many interested parties are going to comb through those?

That being said, it's certainly not PD-level in terms of long silences.

Latest Posts

Back