Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
l'm sure Stephano stated that private lobbies would support league events with the announcement of starting work on private lobbies.

What does that mean though? I ran several leagues in GT5 so that could be considered to have had league support, but all it did was provide the tracks and cars. I had to do all the points calculations and results posts myself the old fashioned way. On the PC multiplayer side it's about as bare bones as you can get; you can select a car, track, lap count, weather, and that's pretty much it. "League support" makes me think it will automatically track results and points and setup a schedule, if console players get those features and PC players don't it will be our turn to whinge. :)

That's a pretty vague statement though. Technically GT5 and GT6 supported league events, but you had to do all the legwork yourself because all it really offered was a place to hold the races. You'd think the things you listed would be a given for multiplayer options in a racing sim, but then you'd also think things like reverse grids, ability to choose your livery, and rolling starts would be givens as well. All I'm saying is don't set your expectations too high.
If It's anything like GT5\6 then i would say Kunos have done a good job, anything more will be a great bonus.

What does that mean though? I ran several leagues in GT5 so that could be considered to have had league support, but all it did was provide the tracks and cars. I had to do all the points calculations and results posts myself the old fashioned way. On the PC multiplayer side it's about as bare bones as you can get; you can select a car, track, lap count, weather, and that's pretty much it. "League support" makes me think it will automatically track results and points and setup a schedule, if console players get those features and PC players don't it will be our turn to whinge. :)

l think kunos league support means as current PC and the admin down to the host which is fine by me, yes agreed if console get extra lobby features that wouldn't go down to well and understandable so, although ironic.

True, but considering this is possibly a translation I'm not sure how much faith can be put in comma placement, and if their intent was not to say that multiplayer had those features then its placement in the middle of that sentence makes no sense. Are drift challenges currently available online?

I was wondering about the drifting part too, but I don't remember if there any such rooms. What I do know is that I'm rather sick of marketing communication. Essentially, nothing suggested that private lobbies would be coming very soon after the game launched in August, which is all I'm trying to make clear.

If It's anything like GT5\6 then i would say Kunos have done a good job, anything more will be a great bonus.

I've lost track of how many times I've said "If GT5/6 had X feature, why doesn't AC?". :indiff:

l think kunos league support means as current PC and the admin down to the host which is fine by me, yes agreed if console get extra lobby features that wouldn't go down to well and understandable so, although ironic.

Current PC multiplayer offers nothing in the way of league support (at least by my definition), other than providing the cars and tracks.

I was wondering about the drifting part too, but I don't remember if there any such rooms. What I do know is that I'm rather sick of marketing communication. Essentially, nothing suggested that private lobbies would be coming very soon after the game launched in August, which is all I'm trying to make clear.

Let's be honest though, if a racing game is released in 2016 on a platform(s) that supports online multiplayer gaming, it's safe to assume that some kind of private lobby system would be included from the off regardless of the placement of a rogue comma on some marketing blurb. Especially when said marketing blurb could easily be read to suggest that they would be included. Releasing a racing game on consoles without at least some kind of ability to setup your own multiplayer race would be like releasing Forza to the PC without wheel suppo..............oh, wait... :lol:

Current PC multiplayer offers nothing in the way of league support (at least by my definition), other than providing the cars and tracks.

l think you misunderstood BrandonW77, in kunos's eyes league support for console may mean as current PC version.

Let's be honest though, if a racing game is released in 2016 on a platform(s) that supports online multiplayer gaming, it's safe to assume that some kind of private lobby system would be included from the off regardless of the placement of a rogue comma on some marketing blurb. Especially when said marketing blurb could easily be read to suggest that they would be included. Releasing a racing game on consoles without at least some kind of ability to setup your own multiplayer race would be like releasing Forza to the PC without wheel suppo..............oh, wait... :lol:

GT6 also released without most features working fine or better in GT5. With all the benefits of games now relying so much on the internet, developers can get away with more day one nonsense.

GT6 also released without most features working fine or better in GT5. With all the benefits of games now relying so much on the internet, developers can get away with more day one nonsense.

Truth, it's a somewhat unfortunate world we find ourselves in. :guilty: I guess convenience/progress comes with a price.

GT6 added something...I can't remember what it was called. Groups or something like that? You could join a group and make a planned racing event and whoever was an official member of that group would get a message on GT6 that there was a group event planned for April 1, 2017 at 2pm on Big Willow...blah blah blah You could check that you will attend or check that you can't attend, or something like that..I'm probably misremembering a lot of stuff.

I thought it worked pretty decently. In 2017 I would think that there should or could be email integration so I don't have to connect to the Playstation Network and start GT6 to get my message telling me there is a group race coming up in 2 weeks...but maybe that stuff isn't what Sony wants.

I expect a lot of moaning and groaning on the day of the next console update, regarding the newly implemented private lobbies feature. It will probably be justified too...I'm not implying that console players will never be happy - well, some won't but that's not what I meant - I'm worried that their implementation is going to be Poops McGee. :boggled:

I don't think I'll ever be able to express in words how happy I am that I decided to get out of the console world. :ouch:

Stefano Casillo‏ @KunosStefano 2 u2 uur geleden
Waking up at 6:30am because it's another Release Day! When is this going to end? :D

hyTiHNb.gif

GT6 added something...I can't remember what it was called. Groups or something like that? You could join a group and make a planned racing event and whoever was an official member of that group would get a message on GT6 that there was a group event planned for April 1, 2017 at 2pm on Big Willow...blah blah blah You could check that you will attend or check that you can't attend, or something like that..I'm probably misremembering a lot of stuff.

I thought it worked pretty decently. In 2017 I would think that there should or could be email integration so I don't have to connect to the Playstation Network and start GT6 to get my message telling me there is a group race coming up in 2 weeks...but maybe that stuff isn't what Sony wants.

I expect a lot of moaning and groaning on the day of the next console update, regarding the newly implemented private lobbies feature. It will probably be justified too...I'm not implying that console players will never be happy - well, some won't but that's not what I meant - I'm worried that their implementation is going to be Poops McGee. :boggled:

I don't think I'll ever be able to express in words how happy I am that I decided to get out of the console world. :ouch:
Hi mate!

That feature of GT6 was called "comunity" and in your own comunity you was / are able to chat and make programmed lobbies.
It was simple but effective.
And also a good way to know about new websites that maked Championships and online races.

The new "online championship" feature of the upcoming Project C.A.R.S 2 seems to me even a bit better with the leaderboards, streaming option and so on..
In PC you can even save the leaderboards as an exel file.
On consoles surely it will have only the ability to save a screen shot of it,but at least you don't have to write manually the leaderboards.

Now let see what Kunos Simulazioni do with the private lobbies on consoles...
People expect the ability to choose car/track / laps/ timed races.. And options like locked setup, good implemented penalty system.
And others expect also full replays feature and / or spectators view for making live streamings...

Full replays....i'm sure it don't will be there ever, and spectators view either.

At least i hope that all the rest of features will be there, cause they are basic features in other sim games available on consoles.

For The moment, i give the Kunos guys a confidence vote...and hopefully they slowly put the game on the level of the PC version once for all...The ball is on their roof.

Changelog is up:

- New Porsche 911 RSR 2017 for Porsche Pack 3
- New Mazda MX-5 Miata NA
- New Mazda 787B: mod skins made for the original 787B mod will need to be updated using the new template

- Added OpenVR/Vive support (beta)
- Fixed Mazda MX-5 ND setup ride height false indication
- Fixed Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV gearbox damage
- Adjusted Lotus 72D and Ferrari 312T tyre compound wear and heat ranges
- Fixed Flag rendering for VR
- Fixed colour balance for emissive items (lights+digital) when Post Processing is turned off
- Added downshift protection alert (can be disabled through the launcher options)
- All GT2/GTE cars default to Medium tyres now (also for AI)
- Fixed broken rendering when OCULUS mode is selected but no Oculus is actually connected
- Added Pitstop arrows to DirectInput Dpad: bind to the wheel dPad: can be overidden by controls.ini [ADVANCED]DPAD_INDEX_OVERRIDE=0
- Added Pitstop quickmenu + Setup pitstop strategy: this can be custumized and disabled by system/cfg/pitstop.ini [SETTINGS]USE_MOUSE_PITSTOP=0
- Updated Fanatec library to support new wheel bases.
- Fixed possible CPU warning when player gets retired.
- Multiplayer features:
- Added reversed grid races: the race session will be restarted in reversed grid order based on the standings of the previous race. Players disqualified in the first race will start from the back of the grid in the second race, regardless of their position being within the reversed grid range.
- Added locked entry list in pickup mode: same as in booking mode, only players already included in the entry list can join the server (password not needed).
- Added car Steam ID sharing in entry list: each car in the entry list can feature multiple GUIDs. Players can share that car (one at once). The name inserted in the entry list is used as driver name.
- Fixed server result log not displaying invalid laps.
- Fixed end-of-race session status for lapped players in lap races.
- Added Mandatory Pit: a pit window can be added to the race session. As a design choice, players need to stop at their pit box within the pit window to have a valid pit stop. Players with pit boxes further down the pitlane need to take this into account before deciding on their strategy. Players may make additional pit stops before and after the pit window, but only making a mandatory stop in the indicated pit window will validate their race. Server admins must decide on a pit window that allows all players, regardless of their pit box position, to comfortably make a pit stop under normal racing conditions.
- Updated Shared Memory

I just got into this again these past few evenings after neglecting it a little on the PS4, after playing many other racing games over the past few months I had forgotten how good the cockpit sounds (engine over transmission whine, chassis creaks, tyre stones etc) and the physics are, hanging on to the wheel gripping the track around Brands Hatch is awesome. Although the graphics are not on par with other titles, It will now be my go to game when I have the T300RS set up. I brought the season pass recently and just got round to the new Porsche GT3 2017 which is my fave so far.:)

Apparently this

- Added car Steam ID sharing in entry list: each car in the entry list can feature multiple GUIDs. Players can share that car (one at once). The name inserted in the entry list is used as driver name.

is a first stab and introducing driver swaps, which is not something I ever thought I'd see in this version of AC.

According to The Shark:

If you do not want your immersion broken when driving paddle shift cars you will want to go here:
\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg
and set this section to look like this:
[DOWNSHIFT_PROTECTION_NOTIFICATION]
ACTIVE=0
TIME_SHOW=0
TIME_BLINKING=0.3

Otherwise you end up with this awful thing popping up in the center of your vision. :odd: :crazy:

Edit: It can also be disabled from the in-game menu by going to Options - Video - View.

Last edited:
I kind of like the idea of a downshift protection notification but yeah, that one is not good. R3E uses a sound, which I like a lot.

The texture for that icon is found in X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\gui\SystemNotification

Might be worthwhile to change the texture to something smaller & less annoying. Trying to figure out if it can be moved around the screen as well, but no luck so far.

Wiz
I kind of like the idea of a downshift protection notification but yeah, that one is not good. R3E uses a sound, which I like a lot.

The texture for that icon is found in X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\gui\SystemNotification

Might be worthwhile to change the texture to something smaller & less annoying. Trying to figure out if it can be moved around the screen as well, but no luck so far.

Yeah, when I read it I thought it would be a beep and maybe a small indicator in the corner of the screen or something. The way R3E does it is perfect, just a little beep to let you know you got a bit overzealous with the shift lever.

Apparently with the reverse grid you can also select a certain number to invert, so you could have just the top five inverted or the whole field or whatever you want. That's very nice, could be good for Friday Night Fun. :sly: :sly:

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 12.49.33 PM.png

Yeah, when I read it I thought it would be a beep and maybe a small indicator in the corner of the screen or something. The way R3E does it is perfect, just a little beep to let you know you got a bit overzealous with the shift lever.

Apparently with the reverse grid you can also select a certain number to invert, so you could have just the top five inverted or the whole field or whatever you want. That's very nice, could be good for Friday Night Fun. :sly: :sly:

View attachment 635920
Well this sounds really good to me. Mind it we're talking pc and not console i guess.

Back