Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
In just the last couple weeks we've found out that we are (finally) getting the RSR in the next update as well as mandatory pitstops (online) and a new pit config app, the Ferrari 250 is coming, along with news that private lobbies will be added in the next console update. I can't recall PD ever putting out that much news in a similar time frame.

Where has the Ferrari 250 GTO been mentioned since the cryptic teaser image?

If the M4 Akrapovic & Gallaro SL Step 3 weren't included in the console edition that's clearly a licensing issue. It's not like they just didn't feel like giving them to console players, or there were space limitations. The fact that those 2 cars are not stock leads me to believe the respective companies weren't giving the nod to include them in Kunos's console version of AC. That's just a guess, of course... Although, it's not like Kunos intentionally holds content back just to steam up console players.

Where has the Ferrari 250 GTO been mentioned since the cryptic teaser image?
The teaser photo is the only "official" thing that I remember, but it's been discussed at length on the forums and Stefano has made minor admissions during these conversations. It's either Marco or Stefano who have stated (going back before the console version existed) the 250 GTO is one of their favorite cars ever and it would be included at some point. We know the Ferrari pack will be coming so I would expect it will be in that DLC pack. I'd count on a fall release at earliest, in my own personal estimation. I believe it's been un-officially confirmed that the British Pack will be released before the Ferrari Pack. Plus, there are still some free cars to come.

[QUOTE="sirgaric, post: 11749944, member: 240743]

According to Marco, both the Miata and the 787B will be released "very soon".[/QUOTE] they said the same about lobbies after the August release lol

Really hope the next is the month we get the feature we were promised.

they said the same about lobbies after the August release lol

Private lobbies weren't planned for consoles until months of community requests convinced Kunos to review their options. The arrival of the feature was just recently confirmed, so surely a long time after August.

Private lobbies weren't planned for consoles until months of community requests convinced Kunos to review their options. The arrival of the feature was just recently confirmed, so surely a long time after August.
Started working and talking about since end/mid of October. Can easily find threads about it from kunos people by the 10th november 2016, there were earlier ones too on social media too. It's certainly NOT recently confirmed unless you consider 5 months and over as "recently".

Started working and talking about since end/mid of October. Can easily find threads about it from kunos people by the 10th november 2016, there were earlier ones too on social media too. It's certainly NOT recently confirmed unless you consider 5 months and over as "recently".

October / November sounds about right for the initial rumblings across official media channels. At that time the lobbies weren't confirmed though. That was my point when you made it sound like the feature was confirmed just after the game launched in August.

Thank you BrandonW77, what's the feelings on potential disappointment with private lobbies?

Eh, lots of reasons. Private lobbies aren't going to magically fix all the other problems or missing features. Plus, if ConsoleLand is anything like PC-Land it's rather difficult to get a regular group of racers together for club or league racing on a regular basis. And, knowing Kunos, there will likely be some bizarre design/functionality decisions taken with how the private lobbies work that will either leave out or cripple important features. I could be wrong, hopefully I am.

October / November sounds about right for the initial rumblings across official media channels. At that time the lobbies weren't confirmed though. That was my point when you made it sound like the feature was confirmed just after the game launched in August.

Well, the website does say (and has always said) "fully...customizable multiplayer" which pretty clearly suggests some type of private lobby feature because the current structure doesn't seem to be customizable at all.

Eh, lots of reasons. Private lobbies aren't going to magically fix all the other problems or missing features. Plus, if ConsoleLand is anything like PC-Land it's rather difficult to get a regular group of racers together for club or league racing on a regular basis. And, knowing Kunos, there will likely be some bizarre design/functionality decisions taken with how the private lobbies work that will either leave out or cripple important features. I could be wrong, hopefully I am.

Well, the website does say (and has always said) "fully...customizable multiplayer" which pretty clearly suggests some type of private lobby feature because the current structure doesn't seem to be customizable at all.

l'm sure Stephano stated that private lobbies would support league events? l would like to think that means basic features like:-
  • car choice
  • track choice
  • lap amount
  • fixed setup
Anything else would be a plus.

Last edited:
l'm sure Stephano stated that private lobbies would support league events? l would like think that means basic features like:-
  • car choice
  • track choice
  • lap amount
  • fixed setup
Anything else would be a plus.

That's a pretty vague statement though. Technically GT5 and GT6 supported league events, but you had to do all the legwork yourself because all it really offered was a place to hold the races. You'd think the things you listed would be a given for multiplayer options in a racing sim, but then you'd also think things like reverse grids, ability to choose your livery, and rolling starts would be givens as well. All I'm saying is don't set your expectations too high.

The website goes like this:
Fully customizable single player, and multiplayer modes include quick races, race weekends including free practice sessions, qualifying session, drift challenges and more!

The comma after single player indicates that the fully customizable part does not apply to the multiplayer modes. That is how I read it.

That's a pretty vague statement though. Technically GT5 and GT6 supported league events, but you had to do all the legwork yourself because all it really offered was a place to hold the races. You'd think the things you listed would be a given for multiplayer options in a racing sim, but then you'd also think things like reverse grids, ability to choose your livery, and rolling starts would be givens as well. All I'm saying is don't set your expectations too high.

The new lobbies couldn't be supportive of leagues if the car, track and lap count were predetermined? The fixed setup option is current but grayed out, so l think it reasonable to expect that. The reverse grids, success ballast, rolling starts and livery choice would be nice but l do hear you loud and clear there could be strange happenings afoot in the land of kunos:scared:

Last edited:
The comma after single player indicates that the fully customizable part does not apply to the multiplayer modes. That is how I read it.

True, but considering this is possibly a translation I'm not sure how much faith can be put in comma placement, and if their intent was not to say that multiplayer had those features then its placement in the middle of that sentence makes no sense. Are drift challenges currently available online?

True, but considering this is possibly a translation I'm not sure how much faith can be put in comma placement, and if their intent was not to say that multiplayer had those features then its placement in the middle of that sentence makes no sense. Are drift challenges currently available online?

l'm sure Stephano stated that private lobbies would support league events with the announcement of starting work on private lobbies.

Back