Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
I can't really answer any questions about that motion rig. It belongs to someone who posts on the official support forums. I'd love to try it though. :D

I repeat, last news update was like in february. They said last year BMW M6 GT3 and Alfa Giulia in Q1 2017 and Q1 is almost over... Porsche was meant to be released in December, 2 converted mod Cars, a ****** track (The perfect track??????) and an awesome but useless car...
Still waiting

Any ideas when the next DLC is going to be released? I have a feeling it'll be soon but that's just a guess.
I don't know. I haven't heard any reliable news yet. I'll try to see if I can pry any info from one of the Kunos employees I chat with. I doubt they'll spill the beans, but it's worth a shot! :D My personal feeling is that it's going to be not that far off as Porsche Pack 3 was technically the last DLC we had to pay for...and most of us bought the pass for all three Porsche Packs in October. That's 6 whole months without most of us forking over a dime for DLC. They must have resorted to eating cat food by now. :P

"Real soon"
Has Kunos ever said that before? :sly: :D :lol:

I repeat, last news update was like in february. They said last year BMW M6 GT3 and Alfa Giulia in Q1 2017 and Q1 is almost over... Porsche was meant to be released in December, 2 converted mod Cars, a ****** track (The perfect track??????) and an awesome but useless car...
Still waiting
Obviously, it's not the "perfect track". In fact, I struggle to understand why they decided to hype it up that way, but I digress...I'm guessing you aren't a fan of the free track Highlands? I'm sure we all can agree it's not the perfect track, but I really like it...especially for testing cars - I use the longest layout so I can drive that very long straightaway, but it's not flat it's a bit wavy so it's a really good high-speed stability test. I think that Highlands is pretty cool...especially as a free track with 4 layouts to play on.

I don't know. I haven't heard any reliable news yet. I'll try to see if I can pry any info from one of the Kunos employees I chat with. I doubt they'll spill the beans, but it's worth a shot! :D My personal feeling is that it's going to be not that far off as Porsche Pack 3 was technically the last DLC we had to pay for...and most of us bought the pass for all three Porsche Packs in October. That's 6 whole months without most of us forking over a dime for DLC. They must have resorted to eating cat food by now. :P

Has Kunos ever said that before? :sly: :D :lol:

Obviously, it's not the "perfect track". In fact, I struggle to understand why they decided to hype it up that way, but I digress...I'm guessing you aren't a fan of the free track Highlands? I'm sure we all can agree it's not the perfect track, but I really like it...especially for testing cars - I use the longest layout so I can drive that very long straightaway, but it's not flat it's a bit wavy so it's a really good high-speed stability test. I think that Highlands is pretty cool...especially as a free track with 4 layouts to play on.
I assume they labelled it as the perfect track because there is 4 layouts for various types of cars. Should have labelled it as the perfect location instead.

Ok guys, I used content msnager and chaged the sounds of my Exos S1 and didn't like anything better, now how do I get the old sound back??

Hep me, hep me pleeaaase :dopey:

I'm pretty sure you can use the Steam tool - Verify My Game, or something like that and it will scan your game directory and update any missing files. So, you might need to delete the sound files? Do NOT take my word for this. I don't know squat about Steam...Maybe someone will come along and give a better explanation on what you need to do.

I'm pretty sure you can use the Steam tool - Verify My Game, or something like that and it will scan your game directory and update any missing files. So, you might need to delete the sound files? Do NOT take my word for this. I don't know squat about Steam...Maybe someone will come along and give a better explanation on what you need to do.
That's right. Just right click it within Steam and verify integrity of cache or something to that effect. It'll replace any file that it finds is different from what was original.

That's right. Just right click it within Steam and verify integrity of cache or something to that effect. It'll replace any file that it finds is different from what was original.
Ahhhh...yes. That's right it will replace any missing OR different than original files. So, if you've made an .ini changes you're going to have to do those changes over too. But, at least there is this option instead of having to remove/reinstall the game.

Yeah, I don't understand how that would look right but I guess some say it's actually better.

With the seat mover type motion sim it's pretty much the same as being in your car ,,,,,In a real car when your body sways when cornering etc , the steering wheel and windscreen stay put ,,, every now and then whilst driving my real car i pay attention to my body movements compared to my rig and the resemblance of motion is quite uncanny.

Thanks guys! Will it mess with my mods at all?

With the seat mover type motion sim it's pretty much the same as being in your car ,,,,,In a real car when your body sways when cornering etc , the steering wheel and windscreen stay put ,,, every now and then whilst driving my real car i pay attention to my body movements compared to my rig and the resemblance of motion is quite uncanny.

It does make sense, I just think I would have to try it to see. :cheers:

Do you have a motion rig?

If you buy from simracingbay Tomo gives you his setting for all the major titles out there to get you going plus there is a pretty good OSW thread on the AC forum with plenty of settings ,,,,i use nick moxley's setting for AC (which are excellent btw)with a slight bit of personal tweaking for my liking,, Those settings from nick can be found on xsimulator forum in the DD wheel section ,,..

If you can see yourself sim racing for the next few years at least then get it bought matey ,,,they are pretty damn amazing .

May very well order today! Only thing is I love my Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 wheel so I may have to plate the back with aluminum to mount it. I already have a 32 button control board to mod it with too.

I really appreciate it. And I would get it from Tomo, he seemed really helpful.

Thank you again

If you buy from simracingbay Tomo gives you his setting for all the major titles out there to get you going plus there is a pretty good OSW thread on the AC forum with plenty of settings ,,,,i use nick moxley's setting for AC (which are excellent btw)with a slight bit of personal tweaking for my liking,, Those settings from nick can be found on xsimulator forum in the DD wheel section ,,..

If you can see yourself sim racing for the next few years at least then get it bought matey ,,,they are pretty damn amazing .

Well, I did it. On the way! Ok if I ask you a question here or there bud?

Thanks

@stevemonturo - gorgeous setup!

@ELCID43 - Right on, my man!! If I could afford doing it, I would get myself a direct drive wheel. I've heard the force feedback is so much better than "good" wheels like the better Thrustmaster models - it spoils you and you can't imagine ever going back. I know people often balk at the price, but if you think about it...if you have to replace your high-end Thrustmaster twice or a Fanatec twice, you're getting near the price of this OSW Direct Drive, which is worlds better and lasts name near forever. If you're a hardcore sim lover, it's an investment into your hobby rather than just a purchase. 👍

Please give us a review when you finally get the OSW wheel all sorted out, @ELCID43. I'm sure I'm not the only person in here who would like to hear the thoughts from someone who just moved to a Direct-Drive wheel from a Thrustmaster (which is a fine wheel in its own right). Plus, @BrandonW77 hasn't bought a new wheel in weeks...He's almost overdue for getting a new wheel. :sly: :lol:

Plus, @BrandonW77 hasn't bought a new wheel in weeks...He's almost overdue for getting a new wheel. :sly: :lol:

I think I'm good for a while. :P

IMG_4281.jpg

@stevemonturo - gorgeous setup!

@ELCID43 - Right on, my man!! If I could afford doing it, I would get myself a direct drive wheel. I've heard the force feedback is so much better than "good" wheels like the better Thrustmaster models - it spoils you and you can't imagine ever going back. I know people often balk at the price, but if you think about it...if you have to replace your high-end Thrustmaster twice or a Fanatec twice, you're getting near the price of this OSW Direct Drive, which is worlds better and lasts name near forever. If you're a hardcore sim lover, it's an investment into your hobby rather than just a purchase. 👍

Please give us a review when you finally get the OSW wheel all sorted out, @ELCID43. I'm sure I'm not the only person in here who would like to hear the thoughts from someone who just moved to a Direct-Drive wheel from a Thrustmaster (which is a fine wheel in its own right). Plus, @BrandonW77 hasn't bought a new wheel in weeks...He's almost overdue for getting a new wheel. :sly: :lol:

I will, prob going to be a bit as I have some heavy mods to do to my Thrustmaster F1 wheel to adapt it to the DD setup :cheers:

I think I'm good for a while. :P

View attachment 640362

HOLYYYYYYYYYY, I should say so!:bowdown: Hows bout you send me that Fanatec formula wheel :sly:;)

Back