Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
You are correct sir! It does use the Dpad to choose what you want on you stop as I just tried it, thank you. NOW, lol, how do I get the the pit to actually start? After making my choices I couldn't fing any way to get the work done. Lol, man

You might have to map an "enter/accept" button.

Thanks for your help bud, I already looked and cannot find anything. The Dpad was already working somehow. I will say, although I like this game a lot of it certainly isn't intuitive.

Thanks again!

Think I got it. If you are picking a stop "on the fly" you have to make your decisions before you hit your box (which sucks) or you can pick from 3 predetermined pitstop strategies that you have setup beforehand. Unless I am missing something, I don't really like it. On PCars, you can pause the game and select your changes, which if you are racing AI really doesn't affect the overall picture of the race.

Hopefully I am missing something.

Thanks again

Think I got it. If you are picking a stop "on the fly" you have to make your decisions before you hit your box (which sucks) or you can pick from 3 predetermined pitstop strategies that you have setup beforehand. Unless I am missing something, I don't really like it. On PCars, you can pause the game and select your changes, which if you are racing AI really doesn't affect the overall picture of the race.

Hopefully I am missing something.

Thanks again

What you described sounds correct based on what I've seen others say. Don't think there's any option to pause it, you have to do it in real time but if you hit the dpad while on track it will bring up the menu so you can select your strategy before you get to the pits. I think the common method is to have preset before the race so you can just select the preset and go.

In the case of the Playseat Challenge, you're definitely paying a bit more than just the materials. But it really is a clever and unique solution, and that has a price, too. And the materials aren't that bad, either.

If you take into account the prices of simple wheel stands, then it becomes even more valuable.

I've used all kinds of tables and wheel stands before and honestly, while it may not be a proper rig, my sim racing experience has upped 500% since I got it, along with some proper pedals and shifter (which I couldn't have before as well).

IJRqZfSl.jpg
BTW for anyone in the UK who is interested in this but think its expensive, it's currently £150 on Amazon.

What you described sounds correct based on what I've seen others say. Don't think there's any option to pause it, you have to do it in real time but if you hit the dpad while on track it will bring up the menu so you can select your strategy before you get to the pits. I think the common method is to have preset before the race so you can just select the preset and go.

Ahhh, well I will have to try that then! If I can do it on the fly before entering the pits, I can deal with that. It will kinda add to the immersion because I have to play with the wheel settings like a real F1 driver :lol::cheers:

Thank you bud

Ahhh, well I will have to try that then! If I can do it on the fly before entering the pits, I can deal with that. It will kinda add to the immersion because I have to play with the wheel settings like a real F1 driver :lol::cheers:

Thank you bud
Hey man...I really hope you enjoy the PC version of AC -- please, any questions...feel free to ask. Lots of bright people in here. As you learned, you can make adjustments to the 3 Pit Strategies on the fly. I usually wait for a straightaway before I start giggling away. If you really can't stand the way the 3 Pit Strategies work, you can get rid of them all together and use the "old system" which is more like what you were expecting. You pull into the pits and a menu pops up which you then configure, however time isn't paused and you need to get everything figured out quickly or you might lose the opportunity to fix your suspension, let's say. Frankly, I highly recommend you stay with the 3 Pit Strategies, it is a big improvement over the old system.

Also, I don't know if you've figured this bit out yet or not. When you're practicing with a car...You adjust your setup or whatever and hit the track. Once you've completed 2 full laps (which might mean almost 3 laps if you begin from the pits) then the system will calculate how much fuel you're using per lap. You can hit escape key - select Back to Pits and then switch over to the FUEL tab again and this time you'll see that it tells you how many laps you could do, approximately, on the amount of fuel you've got listed in the FUEL tab (usually 30 liters for streets cars). I usually do about 5 laps to make sure I have a good approximation about how much fuel I need per lap before I start a race. That way I can make sure I don't encounter a situation where I'm running out on the last lap. I always keep a liter or two extra in my tank if possible.

Good luck! I hope you enjoy the open wheel mods -- which have you downloaded so far?

Hey man...I really hope you enjoy the PC version of AC -- please, any questions...feel free to ask. Lots of bright people in here. As you learned, you can make adjustments to the 3 Pit Strategies on the fly. I usually wait for a straightaway before I start giggling away. If you really can't stand the way the 3 Pit Strategies work, you can get rid of them all together and use the "old system" which is more like what you were expecting. You pull into the pits and a menu pops up which you then configure, however time isn't paused and you need to get everything figured out quickly or you might lose the opportunity to fix your suspension, let's say. Frankly, I highly recommend you stay with the 3 Pit Strategies, it is a big improvement over the old system.

Also, I don't know if you've figured this bit out yet or not. When you're practicing with a car...You adjust your setup or whatever and hit the track. Once you've completed 2 full laps (which might mean almost 3 laps if you begin from the pits) then the system will calculate how much fuel you're using per lap. You can hit escape key - select Back to Pits and then switch over to the FUEL tab again and this time you'll see that it tells you how many laps you could do, approximately, on the amount of fuel you've got listed in the FUEL tab (usually 30 liters for streets cars). I usually do about 5 laps to make sure I have a good approximation about how much fuel I need per lap before I start a race. That way I can make sure I don't encounter a situation where I'm running out on the last lap. I always keep a liter or two extra in my tank if possible.

Good luck! I hope you enjoy the open wheel mods -- which have you downloaded so far?

Hey there ALB123,

Yeah, I am really liking it although there are a few small things I liked better about PCars but no big deal. I did figure out about the fuel settings after a couple of laps, thanks.

As for mods, oh man I am loving it! I have already gotten the Ferrari f2002, tons of skins for the Tatuus and Lotus Exos, RSR Formula 3 car, RaceSim Formula Hybrid 2017, VRC Mclaren-Honda MP4/4 and a couple of tracks. I thought the 480gb hard drive was going to be more than enough but maybe not :lol:.

Today I want to get Portimao and Suzuka. I wish I could find a version of Suzuka like Sakitto in PCars, my favorite track.

NOW, I want a DD wheel! :cheers:

Hey there ALB123,

Yeah, I am really liking it although there are a few small things I liked better about PCars but no big deal. I did figure out about the fuel settings after a couple of laps, thanks.

As for mods, oh man I am loving it! I have already gotten the Ferrari f2002, tons of skins for the Tatuus and Lotus Exos, RSR Formula 3 car, RaceSim Formula Hybrid 2017, VRC Mclaren-Honda MP4/4 and a couple of tracks. I thought the 480gb hard drive was going to be more than enough but maybe not :lol:.

Today I want to get Portimao and Suzuka. I wish I could find a version of Suzuka like Sakitto in PCars, my favorite track.

NOW, I want a DD wheel! :cheers:
Awesome!! That's what I like to hear. Tell me about space issues. I just ordered another 512GB SSD for my laptop and a 6TB HDD for my file server partially because of this game. Well, the SSD is 100% because of Assetto Corsa, 3ds max & Adobe Master Collection, but even the 6TB was needed for backups and other stuff. It's insane how much space mods can take up.

For open-wheel you wanna get this baby: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/vrc-2009-williams-fw31.9164/

qQq42cc.jpg

This McLaren MP4/13 below is supposed to be awesome, but based on some comments, it looks like the modders still haven't updated the sounds since the v1.9 FMod update. You could easily correct it yourself using Content Manager, which I highly recommend. It's so great at managing everything AC related and it's a much quicker launcher. Anyway, you'll have sounds inside the cockpit, but I think no sounds when you watch replays...unless you fix it thru Content Manager like I said: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mclaren-mp4-13.6061/

aUjBt2b.jpg

I know you said you downloaded the VRC McLaren-Honda MP4/4, but just to let you know there is another MP4/4 created by MAK Corp. that is also on Race Department. Based on the date of this car's last update I'm going to take a guess and say that this car is going to have the same sound problems, however, since you already have a working MP4/4 you can use Content Manager to easily copy the sound of the working MP4/4 to this MP4/4. You'll have that one here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1988-mclaren-mp4-4.8999/

It does suck that we won't be getting an official, laser-scanned version of Suzuka in Assetto Corsa, but I don't blame Kunos for refusing to pay their outrageous licensing fees. Screw them. Portimao is one of my favorite tracks in all of Assetto Corsa. Definitely Top 5. I don't know how accurate it is to the real track, but for what I'm experiencing it couldn't get all that much better. Maybe just a bit more detail in the physics road mesh. The guy who made Portimao is a good modder - he does a lot of conversions from other sims. If you just isolate tracks made by Tiago Lima you'll see how many he's built. His Circuit de La Sarthe is the best version available for AC at the moment.

Awesome!! That's what I like to hear. Tell me about space issues. I just ordered another 512GB SSD for my laptop and a 6TB HDD for my file server partially because of this game. Well, the SSD is 100% because of Assetto Corsa, 3ds max & Adobe Master Collection, but even the 6TB was needed for backups and other stuff. It's insane how much space mods can take up.

For open-wheel you wanna get this baby: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/vrc-2009-williams-fw31.9164/

qQq42cc.jpg

This McLaren MP4/13 below is supposed to be awesome, but based on some comments, it looks like the modders still haven't updated the sounds since the v1.9 FMod update. You could easily correct it yourself using Content Manager, which I highly recommend. It's so great at managing everything AC related and it's a much quicker launcher. Anyway, you'll have sounds inside the cockpit, but I think no sounds when you watch replays...unless you fix it thru Content Manager like I said: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mclaren-mp4-13.6061/

aUjBt2b.jpg

I know you said you downloaded the VRC McLaren-Honda MP4/4, but just to let you know there is another MP4/4 created by MAK Corp. that is also on Race Department. Based on the date of this car's last update I'm going to take a guess and say that this car is going to have the same sound problems, however, since you already have a working MP4/4 you can use Content Manager to easily copy the sound of the working MP4/4 to this MP4/4. You'll have that one here:

It does suck that we won't be getting an official, laser-scanned version of Suzuka in Assetto Corsa, but I don't blame Kunos for refusing to pay their outrageous licensing fees. Screw them. Portimao is one of my favorite tracks in all of Assetto Corsa. Definitely Top 5. I don't know how accurate it is to the real track, but for what I'm experiencing it couldn't get all that much better. Maybe just a bit more detail in the physics road mesh. The guy who made Portimao is a good modder - he does a lot of conversions from other sims. If you just isolate tracks made by Tiago Lima you'll see how many he's built. His Circuit de La Sarthe is the best version available for AC at the moment.

Ahhh, you are killin' me bro! More cars! I really wanted to get that Mp 4/13 but being new to this I was scared about the whole sound thing, I am barely fumbling my way installing the mods as it is , lol.

As for Content Manage and fixing the sound, how hard is that to do? Also, related to this subject, is it possible to take the sounds from one car and move it to another? I really like the Exos but the sound is kind eh..and the couple for DL aren't much better.

Man, I am so glad I got a PC :cheers:

Ahhh, you are killin' me bro! More cars! I really wanted to get that Mp 4/13 but being new to this I was scared about the whole sound thing, I am barely fumbling my way installing the mods as it is , lol.

As for Content Manage and fixing the sound, how hard is that to do? Also, related to this subject, is it possible to take the sounds from one car and move it to another? I really like the Exos but the sound is kind eh..and the couple for DL aren't much better.

Man, I am so glad I got a PC :cheers:

Yes! It's like 3 clicks to copy sounds from one car to another. That's why I was saying you could easily fix the broken sounds of the slightly older MP4/4 by copying the sounds in CM. There's literally a button that says Replace Sounds and then you click the car that you want to use as the source. That's it.

The PC version is so much better than console. All the apps that come with AC and there are several nice additional apps you can install. Plus, make sure you enable the Dev Apps for realtime telemetry and other diagnostic tools while driving.

To enable Dev Apps go to ...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg and open the assetto_corsa.ini.

There you have to change ENABLE_DEV_APPS=0 from 0 to 1 and then just save it. That's it.

Last edited:
Yes! It's like 3 clicks to copy sounds from one car to another. That's why I was saying you could easily fix the broken sounds of the slightly older MP4/4 by copying the sounds in CM. There's literally a button that says Replace Sounds and then you click the car that you want to use as the source. That's it.

The PC version is so much better than console. All the apps that come with AC and there are several nice additional apps you can install. Plus, make sure you enable the Dev Apps for realtime telemetry and other diagnostic tools while driving.

To enable Dev Apps go to ...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg and open the assetto_corsa.ini.

There you have to change ENABLE_DEV_APPS=0 from 0 to 1 and then just save it. That's it.

Stop. STOP!!! before I go to my rig and kick my PS4 in the eject button ;-) Geez you PC guys know how to make console people jealous :-))

Stop. STOP!!! before I go to my rig and kick my PS4 in the eject button ;-) Geez you PC guys know how to make console people jealous :-))

Doh!! Sorry bud, I know how you feel! It is a totally different world over here though, a few more aggravations but really worth it.

I will check out the Content Manager when I get a chance :cheers:

Well, this is our PC thread so we can talk about all the glorious PC goodness all we want here. :P :dopey: :lol:
Heck, I'm guilty of posting all the glorious PC goodness in all the Console forums too. :D :sly: God I hope that console update is a home run...and I hope it gets here soon. :nervous:

On a PC-related note...I've been tinkering with my own Custom Championships lately & I was also looking at the things in Profile that x4fab has been working on. Recent Lap Times, Lap Times Grid (it's not operational yet), Stats & Most Used. Well, I wonder if it would be possible for x4fab to add another choice to the Drive section, or maybe it could be in a different place..who knows?

It would be for a Content Manager exclusive Leaderboard System. Maybe it would work like, in Drive > CM Challenge it lists the challenge(s) and there is also the option to see the current ranking. When we finish a track/car session you know how it pops up a box showing your best time and theoretical best time? Then I think there are options to Replay, Start Over or be done with that combo and it brings you back to the main Drive screen. Well, in this "mode" it would show your best lap time in a box and there could be buttons "Submit", "Do Not Submit", "Replay", "Try Again" or something like that.

You know how when we want to share something we just hit a share button and it gives us a link that you could give to anyone with Content Manager and they insert that link and suddenly they have your custom settings, a custom track day layout, a custom race, etc... Well, I'm sure his acstuff.ru server could handle storing some simple times that get submitted by users. Wherever the Leaderboard is in Content Manager, we'd probably need an "Update Leaderboard" button that refreshes the Leaderboard with all of the new entries it's received from other players around the globe.

If it's a good idea that people like and x4fab is willing to do this we'd have to settle on the particulars like - Do we only have 1 Hot Lap challenge at a time? How long do they last? Do we have multiple Hot Lap Challenges with different durations? One challenge might be only a week before it closes while another might be 3 weeks or a month. Who picks the challenges? It would need to be integrated into Content Manager a place where the Car & Track combo (track surface %, time of day, temperature, etc.) can be entered in by whomever has honors that week/month..

I suppose when you submit your time CM would also upload your replay file to the server so people can see how I did a 4 minute 3 second Nordschleife lap in the AE86. :sly: :D

I know it's all a moot point if x4fab isn't down for this, but I would like to hear opinions before I go write up a proposal to him. I'm sure there are things I didn't think of. There could probably be an All-Time Standings button too where you can see that Wiz has 4 first place finishes, 2 second place and 2 third place finishes and which combo's they were. While ALB has goose-eggs for all of his finishes. :lol: I even have a few more ideas, but I'd rather stop now and hear what you all have to say.

Damn that's pretty awesome you can swap car sounds so easily.
Tires are almost just as easy too. I can't see any reason that I would want to put a different car's tires on an official Kunos car. Kunos spends a lot of time getting the tires to do their job on the car's they're attached to. Mod cars, however, that's a different story. :boggled: :D

Tires are almost just as easy too. I can't see any reason that I would want to put a different car's tires on an official Kunos car. Kunos spends a lot of time getting the tires to do their job on the car's they're attached to. Mod cars, however, that's a different story. :boggled: :D

That is one thing I do miss about the GT series, being able to equip old race cars with modern, sticky tyres. I do think there is a place in AC to be able to do this legitimately.

It's all well and good being able to experience old race cars with their hard as nails, razor blade tyres BUT when you want to have a close race with friends it would be nice to be able to update the tyres to something more modern.

It comes down to recreating realism or the will to have close racing. If the goal is for close racing then I also don't object to ABS being turned on as well.

All I am saying is, it would be nice to be given the choice.

Just remember what it was like in GT5/6 with the PP system and having a large variety of cars being quite competitive.

All I am saying is, it would be nice to be given the choice.

Just remember what it was like in GT5/6 with the PP system and having a large variety of cars being quite competitive.
I agree, to a degree. Instead of allowing every single car to have access to every "Grip Tier" like GT6 did it would be nice if you could put a set of modern Medium Slicks on a Lotus 72D or a Ford Escort RS1600. Kunos doesn't have to give us ALL of the options (Soft, Medium, Hard) but one modern compound would be nice.

They do it with street cars, right? Yellowbird comes with 90s Street, Street & Semi-Slick tires. I'm guessing a 20+ year gap in technology for those modern Street tires versus 90s Street tires...Doesn't that sound about right? So, why not throw one modern slick compound our way? Actually, I just remembered that older street cars like the Miura are stuck on one old compound. Heck, just let me throw on the same Street compound the Countach has access to.

That PP System had many flaws. I think I posted about this in another thread recently. It seems like with every 50PP increment had it's own ringer. I can't remember all of the cars and the corresponding PPs, but there was the Suzuki GSX-R/4, Chaparral 2J and TommyKaira ZZ to name a few.

I know it sucks hearing this for the 100th time, but that issue with the tires can be solved in 30 seconds on the PC version. Heck, I could put 5 different Hard Slicks on the same car if I wanted. It's not a stock feature of the PC version, but something that can be automated with Content Manager.

P.S. Damn. I dozed off like 5-6 times writing this post. I hope it makes sense. Must go recharge batteries in my head.

Well, I tried out Automobilista (I am like a drunken sailor right now) and have to say the sounds are amazing, EXCELLENT force feedback, but the graphics just can't get it done. I spent some time setting it up according to how they said to do it in the manual and it wasn't much better. Plus, something about it just messed up my eyes, wicked strain.

I went back and loaded Assetto Corsa today, and I am back in love :cheers:. I guess I need to try to play with the FF settings a bit more, and DL some sound mods (try dat on yo Playstation :lol::banghead:;);)) to perfect this game for me.

Quick question, how many of you are using DD wheels? Those who do, can you post what you have for hardware and how you like it? This is my next jump, coming real soon!

Thanks

Well, I tried out Automobilista (I am like a drunken sailor right now) and have to say the sounds are amazing, EXCELLENT force feedback, but the graphics just can't get it done. I spent some time setting it up according to how they said to do it in the manual and it wasn't much better. Plus, something about it just messed up my eyes, wicked strain.

I went back and loaded Assetto Corsa today, and I am back in love :cheers:. I guess I need to try to play with the FF settings a bit more, and DL some sound mods (try dat on yo Playstation :lol::banghead:;);)) to perfect this game for me.

Quick question, how many of you are using DD wheels? Those who do, can you post what you have for hardware and how you like it? This is my next jump, coming real soon!

Thanks
Direct Drive or nuthin' baby!!

Yeah! I am looking at a setup from Simracingbay.com, seem to be touted as the best deal around. Contacted the guy (Tomo) a couple months back with a bunch of questions and he actually responded with in-depth replies to my questions. I was pretty impressed by that as I have actually BOUGHT items from another sim shop and had a couple of questions and never got a reply :mad:

qQq42cc.jpg

aUjBt2b.jpg

I believe he is using Oculus. Side note, I also believe that some people think that not having the monitor attached is somehow better for immersion, but I can't see that..I have also never tried it, fwiw.

I believe he is using Oculus. Side note, I also believe that some people think that not having the monitor attached is somehow better for immersion, but I can't see that..I have also never tried it, fwiw.

Yes could well be:tup:, but l have seen other similar rigs with a free standing monitor.

That PP System had many flaws. I think I posted about this in another thread recently. It seems like with every 50PP increment had it's own ringer. I can't remember all of the cars and the corresponding PPs, but there was the Suzuki GSX-R/4, Chaparral 2J and TommyKaira ZZ to name a few.

Two of those are imaginary cars and the other was banned from racing in real life ;-) These cars were always automatically banned in any of our online racing.

On this note this is my biggest disappointment with the up coming GT Sport, it will be full of Vision cars, imaginary POS I have absolutely no interest in >:-(

Again, going full circle, all I want is real cars, on real tracks with real physics and AC does this for me :-) Now just tell who idiot was that decided I couldn't race with my online friends when I do this? ;-)

Back