Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
@Orayani Are you on PC now? I see you mentioned something about being able to max out the settings. :confused:

As if there weren't already 1,000 reasons to use Content Manager if you're on the PC platform, x4fab added this feature to the most recent update. Single play individual Ballast & Restrictors:

ybeQAay.png

Yeah, haven't got the wheel setup with it yet. Only been playing with photo mode so far. Gorgeous. Though I cannot seem to find the Ford Focus car pack...

I've been looking at some of the older F1 cars, nom nom nom! Gorgeous stuff! MP4/4, McLaren 98? and Ferrari 2002. The sounds, wow!

The world reflections and lighting/shadows are amazing on this. So deep. Sexy, sexy car the 2016 Audi LMS Ultra.

Heat shimmers are gorgeous as well.

34903278916_1ac6dcaa5e_o.png

34903278576_b23a09e062_o.png

34556174750_2179cdc10a_o.jpg

34556174470_fc813e87cb_o.jpg

34556176410_a4686f5e19_o.jpg

34556176020_e46c432da8_o.jpg

34556176560_3407c37519_o.jpg

34556175300_e85a5131e7_o.jpg

34556175100_642837bf28_o.jpg

34556175780_dd630f6117_o.jpg

34556171170_0acbac57f4_o.jpg

34556172710_6bfa727c20_o.jpg

34556171970_82d6eedb7e_o.jpg

Last edited:
New AI is pretty neat. Running at 70% aggression they can side by side with you as long as you kinda give them more room(than they'd give you). Only thing is they don't really "give up" a corner so if you do it too long they would just make a mistake by running some curb too tight or something. Much more like a race now.

@Orayani - I might be wrong...I pretty much never drive open wheel cars unless it's from the 1970s or older. I believe there are two MP4/4 mods available. Just so you know. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm thinking of a different McLaren.

You need a fast car there to have a proper challenge, like the 787 for example ;) :P
I'll most likely skip that challenge because of the track, actually... :P

The Lotus 49 and 72D are awesome open-wheelers. Especially the latter! Drove it yesterday (for the first time!! :crazy:). Amazing fun!!! And H-shifter!!!!
The 72D is, indeed, great fun.

I remember using it at Zandvoort (back in the days when @mister dog picked fun tracks for his challenges :lol:).

@Orayani - I might be wrong...I pretty much never drive open wheel cars unless it's from the 1970s or older. I believe there are two MP4/4 mods available. Just so you know. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm thinking of a different McLaren.

v10's though!

I also cannot seem to find the MP4/6?

I've spent enough time on Highlands to conclude that I don't any of the layouts. Much like Black Cat County before it, Highlands is the definition of bland.
Try sticking to one lane, makes it more like a real road.

You need a fast car there to have a proper challenge, like the 787 for example ;) :P
Agree, haven't tried the drift track yet but i'm enjoying all 3 layouts so far. It was inevitable that not everyone would like the Highlands location, not everyone likes the Nurb or Le Sarthe etc. Though want I really want is a nice 20-30 mile driving road so I can enjoy all of those road cars.
The Lotus 49 and 72D are awesome open-wheelers. Especially the latter! Drove it yesterday (for the first time!! :crazy:). Amazing fun!!! And H-shifter!!!!
Yep great cars, have you tried the 2 Maserati F1 cars?

Yes for the highlands track it's better to take the faster cars starting from the GT3 and higher ....
You will properly die/crash more than you will live but hey ... it's a game so dying is always fun .
My end goal for Highlands track is the Mercedes Sauber C9 (100 procent boost please) :crazy: but :cool:

Last edited:
Try sticking to one lane, makes it more like a real road.
Agree, haven't tried the drift track yet but i'm enjoying all 3 layouts so far. It was inevitable that not everyone would like the Highlands location, not everyone likes the Nurb or Le Sarthe etc. Though want I really want is a nice 20-30 mile driving road so I can enjoy all of those road cars.
Yep great cars, have you tried the 2 Maserati F1 cars?
Yes. Very often I will try to stick to my lane on these road tracks...Driving the roads like I would be if I were crazy enough to attempt those speeds. I'll cross the center-line a lot, often intentionally if I can see ahead that no car could be coming (if this were a real road with 2 way traffic).

I'm waiting for that 30 mile public roads map too. I really hope someone builds one soon...or maybe I'll have to take my own crack at building one. Between all my health issues and other various issues, it would probably take me 3 years to finish...just in time for Assetto Corsa 2 to release and not support the track I finally finished. :eek: :banghead: :lol:

That dude Phoenix is working on two California public road layouts. Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) and something called LA Canyons, I think that's the name. Both are available via Race Department. I really wish he would just focus on one so we could have a finished product fairly soon. Both layouts need a tremendous amount of work. Getting the road figured out is a big hassle. Good roads flow...there is a science to it...it's not nearly as easy as some might think. In my opinion, the real battle is everything else besides the road. A good environment with beautiful scenery goes a long way. That's why roads like Tajo & California are so nice to drive, in my opinion. :cheers:

Yes. Very often I will try to stick to my lane on these road tracks...Driving the roads like I would be if I were crazy enough to attempt those speeds. I'll cross the center-line a lot, often intentionally if I can see ahead that no car could be coming (if this were a real road with 2 way traffic).

I'm waiting for that 30 mile public roads map too. I really hope someone builds one soon...or maybe I'll have to take my own crack at building one. Between all my health issues and other various issues, it would probably take me 3 years to finish...just in time for Assetto Corsa 2 to release and not support the track I finally finished. :eek: :banghead: :lol:

That dude Phoenix is working on two California public road layouts. Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) and something called LA Canyons, I think that's the name. Both are available via Race Department. I really wish he would just focus on one so we could have a finished product fairly soon. Both layouts need a tremendous amount of work. Getting the road figured out is a big hassle. Good roads flow...there is a science to it...it's not nearly as easy as some might think. In my opinion, the real battle is everything else besides the road. A good environment with beautiful scenery goes a long way. That's why roads like Tajo & California are so nice to drive, in my opinion. :cheers:
Speaking of the amounth of work that go's in creating such a large track , I do remembre when I played Grand Prix legends on PC there was a guy Ginetto and friends who created Targa Floria ( 72 km long ) it took them 3 years of hard work to complete this track :crazy: but Jesus what a track it was the day it was done .

Hey everybody! I think I heard it mentioned before but I can't find it, is it possible to force setups on the AI with Content Manager? I would like to have them use the same setup as I do because I basically suck at setting up a car and would like to take that out of the equation in my races. Also, related to the AI, do these "guys" get blue flags? I mean, coming up on lapped traffic they get all racey and won't let you by!! I have been taken out by lapped traffic a few times in the past few days and, while it adds to the challenge, it does kinda stink. I do have to say that the new AI is pretty awesome though, other than the backmarker issues :boggled:

Thanks for any help :cheers:

They're fun but scary on the brakes.
Brakes? What brakes!
Yes for the highlands track it's better to take the faster cars starting from the GT3 and higher ....
You will properly die/crash more than you will live but hey ... it's a game so dying is always fun .
My end goal for Highlands track is the Mercedes Sauber C9 (100 procent boost please) :crazy: but :cool:
Highlands long was made for endurance\high powered cars and is perfect for them imo. It's a Highlight for me starting a new lap and getting to that straight. Would love to race it under moonlight.

when i was ill i had all the time in the world to build one( well and learn) but AC was in Its infancy and that didn't cross my mind (plus not a suitable PC).

Reg. roads, i live by the A44 in the UK. Probably the most popular (well It's very popular at least) amongst bikers, i often take that route from Worcester to Wales and always think how much i wished part of the route was in AC. Kunos should just map it.

Hope your health improves. No one understands how rich they are until they lose their health.

Hey everybody! I think I heard it mentioned before but I can't find it, is it possible to force setups on the AI with Content Manager? I would like to have them use the same setup as I do because I basically suck at setting up a car and would like to take that out of the equation in my races. Also, related to the AI, do these "guys" get blue flags? I mean, coming up on lapped traffic they get all racey and won't let you by!! I have been taken out by lapped traffic a few times in the past few days and, while it adds to the challenge, it does kinda stink. I do have to say that the new AI is pretty awesome though, other than the backmarker issues :boggled:

Thanks for any help :cheers:
Aww crap. @BrandonW77 Is @ELCID43 able to force the AI into using a particular setup? I vaguely remember you saying something about saving over the default setup or something along those lines. I don't remember the specifics, or if that was even to do what ELCID is looking to do. :boggled:

Aww crap. @BrandonW77 Is @ELCID43 able to force the AI into using a particular setup? I vaguely remember you saying something about saving over the default setup or something along those lines. I don't remember the specifics, or if that was even to do what ELCID is looking to do. :boggled:

Hey there bud!

I would like them to use the same setup as me to take that out of the equation.

Also, is it not possible to adjust the AI when making a championship? I switched over to the Assetto launcher (was totally confused with CM) and only saw the single slider, not the fancy new range/aggression adjustments.

Thanks

On that note – and this may have been answered before, so pardon my ignorance – is it also possible to force the AI to use the same tyres as myself?

Yes, you have to save your setup with the name AI_default or something like that and then the AI supposedly will use that setup. I've never tried it though. I think there's a way to do it with text files too, @Wiz probably knows.

On that note – and this may have been answered before, so pardon my ignorance – is it also possible to force the AI to use the same tyres as myself?

I believe tires and fuel are the two things you can't force on the AI.

I'm not certain it works as I've never tried it, but I think it's as simple as saving a setup in a certain folder. (Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\setups)

Back