Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
It is also the closest to what we see IRL when driving on a monitor, when driving in cockpit view, so any SIM claiming to reality should at least offer it and let the user decide if they want to use it or not.
How does it look for you when driving on triples? When driving on my projected screen, without wheel and arms in game, I was finding it disturbing to have the cockpit move but not my real wheel.
In VR, like so many aspect, it makes perfect sense.
Until I used lock to horizon I never realized how banked the starting line is at Brand Hatch.

Thanks for sharing the info gentlemen. I'll have to try it out. So weird that I completely missed that option. Well, I'm sure I've seen it, but I must have just skated past it. I'm looking for the most realistic view that I can get out of AC. Now, I know that without an actual motion rig to simulate the movements everything is going to remain a bit of compromise.

I'll give it a try later today - I forgot to try it last night. For some reason, it sounds like locking the view to the horizon would be more realistic. Ugh..Who knows? Not me, that's for sure! :lol:

Speaking of other SIMs. Someone posted a link to this website a few days back - I found it interesting...although I was very surprised by the data (if it's accurate). Is there a way to see similar user data for console players/games?

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/244210,365960,431600,234630#1y

@Cote Dazur -- So, you believe locked to horizon IS closest to what we see in real life? I can't wait to try it.

Thanks for sharing the info gentlemen. I'll have to try it out. So weird that I completely missed that option. Well, I'm sure I've seen it, but I must have just skated past it. I'm looking for the most realistic view that I can get out of AC. Now, I know that without an actual motion rig to simulate the movements everything is going to remain a bit of compromise.

I'll give it a try later today - I forgot to try it last night. For some reason, it sounds like locking the view to the horizon would be more realistic. Ugh..Who knows? Not me, that's for sure! :lol:

Speaking of other SIMs. Someone posted a link to this website a few days back - I found it interesting...although I was very surprised by the data (if it's accurate). Is there a way to see similar user data for console players/games?

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/244210,365960,431600,234630#1y

@Cote Dazur -- So, you believe locked to horizon IS closest to what we see in real life? I can't wait to try it.
I love those chart comparison, they put conversation on some titles in perspective.

About lock to horizon, next time you drive, pay attention to what is moving and not moving, when you look trough the windshield, it is exactly like lock to horizon!

I noticed that Project CARS 2 will have a few cars sporting what appears to be official Martini liveries, except not using the word Martini (see the Porsche 935 and 936). Maybe SMS had to negotiate some cumbersome deal to make this happen? The Martini-esque livery for AC's Porsche 935/78 didn't get the colors right for some reason.

Last edited:
I noticed that Project CARS 2 will have a few cars sporting what appears to be official Martini liveries, except not using the word Martini (see the Porsche 935 and 936). IMaybe SMS had to negotiate some cumbersome deal to make this happen? The Martini-esque livery for AC's Porsche 935/78 didn't get the colors right for some reason.

Probably, I've read before that Martini have actually trademarked that livery with those specific colors because it's so iconic and they don't let just anyone use it. Might explain why the colors are a bit off on the AC version.

FWIW, locked horizon drives me nuts! I remember when I first tried pCars on my ps4, it was on by default. Anyway, it just seems so weird to me :D

FWIW, locked horizon drives me nuts! I remember when I first tried pCars on my ps4, it was on by default. Anyway, it just seems so weird to me :D
Lock to horizon is not on by default in PCars, but you can force PCars into it, if you know what you are doing, you need to go under camera movement options, change all settings 0. Under virtual reality settings change world movement and g-force effect to 0.

Lock to horizon is not on by default in PCars, but you can force PCars into it, if you know what you are doing, you need to go under camera movement options, change all settings 0. Under virtual reality settings change world movement and g-force effect to 0.

You are right, now that I think about it I changed it to zero when setting things up thinking that it it would keep things stationary. The settings are a bit confusing. Either way, I don't really care for it as I find it a bit disorienting.

Ferrari DLC poll has ended and the results are in!

risultati-03.png

The 2017 F1 car has won by about 4%! So the DLC will officially include: 1962 250 GTO, 1967 330 P4, 1967 312/67, 1984 288 GTO, 2004 F2004, 2017 812 Superfast, and Ferrari SF70H.

9b0aee61e7d0a3f0ccd6b90933201fee.jpeg

ferrari-330p4-55cc94723062d.jpeg

ferrari_312_1967_wallpapers_1.jpg

ferrari-288-gto-c791126082016214756_3.jpg

f2004-ferrari-2004-schu.jpg

Ferrari-812-Superfast-front-end-in-motion-07.jpg

80e2bf4764e4cf0368fb6657c176a6fc.jpg

Sorry, it was hard not to laugh at your response.

No J50. :(

Well, it's pretty sigh-worthy for me. Kinda pointless to use it offline because the AI doesn't use all the rocket ship hybrid controls, they're not used online much and even if they were I doubt many have mastered all the hybrid controls so that's not going to be very good racing. Just not much point in having this car in the game IMO, but I'm sure some will find uses for it.

This is disappointing, sigh indeed. If Kunos chose that themselves I would have been like ok cool, but we will now have 4 high downforce F1 cars, 3 from the last 5 years. It's just not as interesting ( to me ) as the other cars. My biggest issue is probably down to the fact Reddit probably won this vote. 30.000 voted, so that surely should mean 30k sales right?

Just be thankful Kunos didn't leave the other 6 to us to vote for.

Last edited:
Oh baby!! I am psyched!! Another F1 car I'll never drive. Yay!! :rolleyes: :banghead:

If I'm remembering this correctly, didn't someone from Kunos say that they had to do open polling like that for the console players to be included. I remember it was something about console users. Well, why not have two polls in their official forums? PC users can vote once in their forum and console users who actually own the game could vote in their forum. All the same choices, of course. At the end, tally up both sets of votes and declare a winner.

You know the result sucks when even F1/Indy lovers find this to be a :rolleyes: DLC pack. This is now the DLC pack I'm least interested in owning. Of course, I'll buy it solely for the 250 GTO & 288 GTO and disable the Formula 1 cars in Content Manager. Now, if the 2015 F1 and that other F1 car (F138?) could only race against each other or 1 make, I'd have to guess restrictions are going to be in place for this new 2017 F1 car, right? Sure, we PC users can go in the .json file and delete 1 line to unlock the Ferrari F1 cars from exclusivity but console players can't. Nor can they download/create custom skins. So, a full 16 car grid of the SF70H and there is only 2 or 3 different skins on the track. Usually, Ferrari skins are often just changed rear view mirror color = new skin!! Changed car #1 to #3 = new skin!! That grid is going to suck, imo.

Someone brought up a good point (on the official forums). Will Ferrari allow this thing to be released before the F1 season is over? I know Ferrari worked with Aristotelis & Stefano to provide data on the SF15T, but there was a big delay if I'm not mistaken.

They should continue poll with top 5. cars from first poll and majority of voters who voted something else have their word out, 15,39% wants F1, 84,61% don't.
Same reasons why President elections aren't direct one round win, unless someone get over 50% on first round.

Last edited:
I'm questioning whether the SF70H would have won the poll if the voting option didn't refer to it as 'F1 2017'. I can imagine all the short attention span kids being fascinated by a poll option sharing its name with a current hot topic within motorsports and gaming. Even with the F1 Reddit-effect being suggested as a possible influence on the result, I have no idea why genuine F1 fans would pick the SF70H over the 641.

Oh baby!! I am psyched!! Another F1 car I'll never drive. Yay!! :rolleyes: :banghead:

If I'm remembering this correctly, didn't someone from Kunos say that they had to do open polling like that for the console players to be included. I remember it was something about console users. Well, why not have two polls in their official forums? PC users can vote once in their forum and console users who actually own the game could vote in their forum. All the same choices, of course. At the end, tally up both sets of votes and declare a winner.

You know the result sucks when even F1/Indy lovers find this to be a :rolleyes: DLC pack. This is now the DLC pack I'm least interested in owning. Of course, I'll buy it solely for the 250 GTO & 288 GTO and disable the Formula 1 cars in Content Manager. Now, if the 2015 F1 and that other F1 car (F138?) could only race against each other or 1 make, I'd have to guess restrictions are going to be in place for this new 2017 F1 car, right? Sure, we PC users can go in the .json file and delete 1 line to unlock the Ferrari F1 cars from exclusivity but console players can't. Nor can they download/create custom skins. So, a full 16 car grid of the SF70H and there is only 2 or 3 different skins on the track. Usually, Ferrari skins are often just changed rear view mirror color = new skin!! Changed car #1 to #3 = new skin!! That grid is going to suck, imo.

Someone brought up a good point (on the official forums). Will Ferrari allow this thing to be released before the F1 season is over? I know Ferrari worked with Aristotelis & Stefano to provide data on the SF15T, but there was a big delay if I'm not mistaken.
This is still the most exciting pack to me. I'm willing to bet that if you had to sign up to the forum, many who voted would not have bothered, and only those who really wanted a particular car in the game would have bothered. Maybe it is my bitterness, but I'm also gonna suggest many of those who wouldn't be bothered to sign up are also those who voted for the F1.
I'm actually glad that didn't win over the F1.
They should continue poll with top 5. cars from first poll and majority of voters who voted something else have their word out, 15,39% wants F1, 84,61% don't.
Same reasons why President elections aren't direct one round win, unless someone get over 50% on first round.
Except the should do a reverse vote. Vote for the car you absolutely do not want to win. The car with less votes wins, this F1 would never have won the vote.

I'm questioning whether the SF70H would have won the poll if the voting option didn't refer to it as 'F1 2017'. I can imagine all the short attention span kids being fascinated by a poll option sharing its name with a current hot topic within motorsports and gaming. Even with the F1 Reddit-effect being suggested as a possible influence on the result, I have no idea why genuine F1 fans would pick the SF70H over the 641.
This is an interesting thought that I didn't consider, and I'm thinking you have the right idea. Which makes me wonder why they did that, why not give it it's real name?

Last edited:
So a horrible modern F1 car gets in over the beautiful 641. :banghead:

Thank you to everyone who allowed that to happen by not voting for the 512M. :ouch: Oh wait, that's how democracy works! :lol:

Why couldn't we have a Ferrari season pass? We could have had them all....

I have to say, I'm a bit dismayed by recent comments from Marco & Stefano. Both have written something like, "Welp, never again! :rolleyes:" implying that they were so kind to allow the public to pick the last car of the DLC pack and we have the gall to talk about being bummed about the winning selection. I don't remember coming across any posts on the official forums where people were rude, insulting or anything like that in regards to the SF70H winning the poll. Yeah...there is a whole lotta "Ugh...Another F1 car?". A real lot. But, that's just a fanbase having a chat. Heck, even if their Twitter accounts blew up for 3 hours after the results were in. So what? When you do something like this (internet poll) there is bound to be the type of reaction that we saw. And then we'll all move onto the next gripe within a day or two. I haven't been there today, but I'd hope the talking about the poll has simmered.

Oh, I'm sure they aren't going to lose one single sale of this DLC pack because of the SF70H winning the poll. So why act like we disrespected them somehow by being vocal about this poll? Heck, I'd say the Down Shift Sign that popped up in the middle of our screens a few versions back garnered a lot more negative banter.

recent comments from Marco & Stefano. Both have written something like, "Welp, never again! :rolleyes:"

If this is how the votes are going to turn out, and it's likely this is how they'll always turn out, then I'm totally ok with them never doing this again. IMO there was no benefit to this, after all the hoopla we're getting a car the community doesn't seem to want, has no real practical purpose being in the game, and the devs have to deal with a lot of whinging because of it. Lose-lose situation. Funny thing is I bet most people would have been totally fine if any of the other cars had won the vote, but I still have yet to find more than a couple people who say they are actually happy about the SF70H winning.

Back